Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Angella the list is for TOTAL processing time from when you mail your app off. SO from Jan to October would be 9 months. And thank you. :-*

Anyone know if KG closing tomorrow? I want to drop the PP off but not sure if they are closing due to the weather. I hear the US embassy is closing till monday but not sure why.

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
I was out all day and finally got a chance to peek in what did I see.....another UPDATE????

woop wopp JAMMY!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS GIRL!!!

I'm sooooooo excited right now!!! That's awesome news!!!

soanxious...where are you? you have to be next for sure!!

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Sheraig - dont they do the 30% 50% 80% time lines anymore... its just one number now... all 15th months?????????????? damn!!

Canuck.... good job you dont like all inclusive cuz 99% of places in bahamas is NOT all inclusive... and food is pretty expensive because they import everything darn thing - not too much stuff is local there.... so you pay the "import" price as well. But it is nice!

I would suggest going to www.tripadvisor.com and typing in Bahamas and pulling up all the information about hotels as well as resturants etc... you can even go on the forums and see what people recommend and you can make a full itinery from home before you get there including all sorts of activities...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g147414-Bahamas-Hotels.html#T_CAT_HOTEL_MOTEL that is the direct link to hotels ranked from #1 down... .always take what the reviews say with a grain of salt cuz you dunn know already people love to whine!

I have heard the best bang for your buck is Orange Hill Beach Inn.... but just looking on line they seem to have a lot of bad feedback from the reviewers.... people can be sooo stush! I like the kinda "dive hotel" places personally... but if you got the cash and want to make it really really romantic and isolated then I would probably suggest something different like the Sheraton Nassau but if you want something more close to things then maybe the Marley Resorta nd Spa would be nice... its really close to the airport but quite expensive...

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Wow no more percentage based timelines Crazy. I think those timelines will be reduced after they clear this backlog.

Sheraig well your 40 months is just around the corner mi love. It soon sort out!

Thanks Nae.

Once again the weather update has take Jamaica out of the projected path of THOMAS. Looks like just some strong rain we gonna get.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Yep. Somehow hubby's ear is glued to the radio while he is outside working on the house, and says that Tomas weakening and Jamaica no longer threatened, so should just be some rain. Mi almost disappoint, tell di truth, mi neva waan come a work Friday :p

rosemel

Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2009
AOR Received.
16-11-2009
File Transfer...
28-07-2009
Med's Request
26-10-2010
Med's Done....
28-10-2010
Interview........
26-10-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2010
Good evening Forum,

Just stopping in to hail everyone up and hope you all had a great day..I know I did as I am celebrating my son making the SR hockey team at his school this afternoon :D ;D

Maple you write such wonderful words of inspiration...it is always a pleasure to read your posts... 8)

SO if my calculations are correct with JAMMIE :D My hubby should get a call by December 2nd and then man oh MAN I will be booking his flight and OFF they goooooooo...... or come to CANADA!!! AND HOME TO ME!!!! I cannot wait for that day and I pray it is my early xmas present ;D If it is so..I will have my whole place decorated for them with presents under the tree from last year that my girls never got...from my family. That day cannot come soon enough ;D

Canuck nice to see you are planning another trip..your MRS is a very lucky woman :D But you need an UPDATE!!!!

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Kc, thanks a million. Will find something online. Hows little johnnie doing?

Angella

Star Member
Mar 22, 2010
North York ONT
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2009
File Transfer...
07-11-2009 KGN Rec'vd July 30 2009
Passport Req..
9/06/2010
LANDED..........
10/18/2010
JAM a no nutting cause me already gone thru.. KGN s/b opened tomm if dem sey drop it off by a certain time you have no problem. Reason why I said 8 is cause I work for a part of the Gov and me talk to my Director and its from the date of processing in JA not from our timeline when we mail it off, as we would either be approved or denied at the original point. :-*
on another note praise god just a dew rain a fall down yaso where I am. Just deh ya a Nyam some stew chicken, yam and banana some hard ground food....LAWD no Place like home me tell you ;)

VirtuousWoman

Star Member
May 28, 2010
Good Evening!

God is truly Good! Update after update after update!!!!

Jammy...Congratulations! Its about that time!! All the best to you and hubby!!

Thank you everyone! It is truly a blessing! I am so happy for everyone, what a Christmas it will be!

Maple, KC...I am certainly working on bringing hubby home...ticket in process for right away!!!!

Boo....Rest assured that prayers have been sent for you and hubby, no fear, this too shall pass!

Blessings to All!! :)

kenswife

Star Member
May 17, 2010
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;DGOOD EVENING FORUM ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Just a quick note to say thank you for all the congrasts from my forum family. Hubby landed safe and sound on saturday at pearson airport no problems getting through, just a few quick questions and they handed him a nice welcome to canada package. From the airport we went to surprise his aunt and uncle they had not idea he got through so quickly, then after that we went home no bam bam for me cuz aunt flow came that morning :( :( :( :( :( monday we got S.I.N card and signed up for some classes at the newcomers to canada for resume writing, interview skills internet job search etc. .... tommorow we are heading into toronto so much to do...
just need to know whats the easiest way to apply for the health card????????????

kenswife

p.s a big congrats to VW and anyone else that got thru with pp calls(didnt get time to read all of the posts!)

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Canuck......... little johnnie is doing good as gold thx!! Have fun searching for trips, I love the tripadvisor website so you should have a good time doing some research.... is it going to be a suprise for the "better half" again? ;)

Kenswife... Just wanted to let you know that hubby will need a form of ID, either PR card or Passport, if passport then you will need the COPR, which is the Copy of Perminent Residence as well as a document with his address on such as a bank slip or a bill.... So I recommend going to the back as soon as possible and set him up with a bank account and ask them to mail him a statement... then you can go to the nearest office that gives out the health card.

You can find all this information on this website (if you are in Ontario) http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/programs/ohip/ohipfaq_mn.aspx

If you do live in the Toronto area I would suggest any office than the one downtown at Bay and College... me and hubby went there for his health card and drivers licence and we had to wait over 2.5 hours for each one... and when your waiting, 2.5 hours seems like 5!

lol VW, both me and Maple had our hubbies on the next flight... call for pp one day, next day went and picked it up, the next after that hubby was home :) Oh you must be soooo excited! 1 year to the day hubby is here, we just got back from having a supper... he tried Thai food.. he isnt overly impressed... says he likes Indian food better lol

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
Kenswife... I'm not sure if you know, but OHIP doesn't kick in for 90 days... You can apply now, or in 3 months and the health coverage will start the same time regardless... My hubby already had his drivers license (that's a bigger adventure in ON) and used that and his passport as ID for the health card...

Kc... You probably didn't take him to the right spot! Thai is one of our favs! Did he try a curry dish? We love red or green curry and it's similar in some ways to rundown ... Hubby prefers Thai over Indian (and he lived in london where they have some damn good Indian lol)... Whenever we have Thai my husband always says how well it would do in ja...

Okay off to bed for me... Night all

kmc

Star Member
Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
Doc's Request.
june2010
AOR Received.
may 2010
Med's Done....
nov 2009
night room .

god is good

@ jamwifey congrat girl . about time . wish u all the best

about the health card i know it kicks in 3 months but what in the mean time .i do not have employee benefits

is any one from the suburbs like mississauga or surrounding aresa ?need more info on the welcome packages and health care and jobbank info and also s.i.n

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
kmc...

i'm in bramladesh (aka brampton) for reference (my address is *almost* Mississauga lol), but we did all our landing stuff up in Owen Sound where we stayed for the first few months... just google service canada for the SIN and service ontario for the health card... CIC has links to other resources for new residents... hubby found most of them useless tho...

as far as health coverage... there is the blue cross type coverage that you purchase if you want it's fairly reasonable, but i'd not say it's cheap... somewhere around 100-200 a month i think... i got it for my daughter when we returned to canada after we lived in the US a few years back... i wouldn't have bothered, but she was just 5m at the time, so i figured better safe than sorry... otherwise tell him to just keep himself out of trouble! he'll probably get sick within the first few weeks (it's that time of year and all the new germs and such for his system... my hubby got sick a lot over in the UK when he was there, I was hoping that would build up his immune system to the seasonal "western" germs, but no, he's gotten sick more than the rest of us here too... got the blasted chicken pox last week... so when the coverage does kick in, get him his varcellia shots (the chicken plague vaccine)!!! )

good day all if i don't get back around to checking in... stay safe those down on the rock... tomas is coming today, but he's tired out a bit thankfully... pray for haiti tho all... hopefully kgn can work thru the rain and breeze!!!!