+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

nursewife

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Jamaicanadian said:
Hello everyone,

I hope you're all well. For those in Canada I hope you're keeping warm. Outside of the fact I miss my husband I'm a little distressed over our application. I submitted everything except the RPRF to CPC-M and now I'm worried that it will cause an even longer delay. I have finally received the UCI so I'm wondering if I should be sending the receipt of payment now or if I should wait until it is requested and send the receipt with the letter. Does any one have any advice. Chucky44 suggested I send it when I get SA. Is that the general consensus?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Welcome!
I also did not pay the RPRF up front. They requested it in July and I'm thinking that gave us a 60 day bring forward date, after the 60 days we then saw updates on ecas. So yes my advice would be to pay the fee asap before they ask if you have the means to do so. I can't guarantee that it will make the process faster but for us even though we paid the fees right as they were requested we did not see any updates until 60 days, hubby then received PPR earlier this month. I'll also add that they confirmed receipt of paymentin less than 24hours after receieveing it but still waited the entire 60 days before we saw any changes. So in my opinion always send before they ask...I'm sure if anyone else has a different opinion they'll comment. :)

lijasha

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015 - PC
AOR Received.
21-03-2015
Med's Request
With application
Med's Done....
30-09-2014
Passport Req..
03-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2015 - DM!
Good morning everyone - tough crowd with the joke lol.

Anyway, been reading and welcome to all the new members. Lots of good information on here and definitely supportive.

As for the landing fee, I didn't pay with the app and I was really expecting that it would take 25 months to process as per the info on cic website so I figured I'd wait til Dec to pay (next month) - after I joined this forum I realized that 25 months was not reality and I'd better pay asap - one week after I started looking at the exact same information as you (JC), lo and behold they requested the fee! It's true that it seems that they put down your file and pick it up after the 60 days but they said in the letter that I have 30 days to pay. Well I did.
I'm not entirely sure if it really makes a difference because there have been those who have already come and gone since my app and those who paid upfront and are still waiting...
Regardless, if you go on cic website, the same place where you would have paid your application fee, the Permanent Resident fee option there as well. You can just go ahead and pay that fee same way. Make sure you use the same name as when you filed and keep a copy of the confirmation so if worse case scenerio they end up asking for it, you'll have that #. I emailed both Mississauga and Kingston and attached a pdf of the payment. 'kingston.immigration@international.gc.ca' & 'CPCM-EXTCOM@cic.gc.ca' - I put my husband's name, UCI and date of birth in the body and in the subject I wrote Payment of RPRF - F00xxxxxx1 (the x's for the rest of the app #) - keep in mind, his app# and mine were different - I used his but I would have used mine if I didn't know it.

Hope this helps!

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
Pay it and send it in ASAP. You don't want them asking for it and they having your file sit in a pile waiting to be looked at again.
I would email in a copy and send a copy via courier. Doesn't matter if they get it twice. It just matters that they get it.

Jamaicanadian said:
Hello everyone,

I hope you're all well. For those in Canada I hope you're keeping warm. Outside of the fact I miss my husband I'm a little distressed over our application. I submitted everything except the RPRF to CPC-M and now I'm worried that it will cause an even longer delay. I have finally received the UCI so I'm wondering if I should be sending the receipt of payment now or if I should wait until it is requested and send the receipt with the letter. Does any one have any advice. Chucky44 suggested I send it when I get SA. Is that the general consensus?

Thanks in advance for your help.

MixedChick92

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2015
File Transfer...
05-28-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
MixedChick92 said:
I really thought you would have heard something this week, Ugh! Yeah It'll be soon hon! Hold the faith :)
My goodness, I really hope you hear something soon! I hope they aren't slowing down, they been moving so fast lately... ::)

torontoblues

Apr 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-15
Doc's Request.
31-05-15 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
March 2015
File Transfer...
24-03-15 (SA)
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 22, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 13, 2015
LANDED..........
November 29, 2015
Good news... i got decision made guys...hope this means they will return passport now. Its been abt 3 weeks sincd they have had it. Seeing the light at the end a d tunnel now.
Did u get back ur passport? @lijasha

lijasha

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015 - PC
AOR Received.
21-03-2015
Med's Request
With application
Med's Done....
30-09-2014
Passport Req..
03-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2015 - DM!
No, I haven't yet...and I'll tell you this...I wish I didn't even see DM!!! At least I would just be waiting blindly for everything to finish, but now that I KNOW it's done, the seconds are feeling like hours! Even though I am set up on DHL to get notifications, I keep refreshing every 10 minutes! :(
Kingston is moving though.... so lots of positive vibes sending to everyone still waiting!!

I don't know how people go through this process more than once!

Keep the stories coming!!!

torontoblues said:
Good news... i got decision made guys...hope this means they will return passport now. Its been abt 3 weeks sincd they have had it. Seeing the light at the end a d tunnel now.

Jamaicanadian

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Toronto East
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2015
Doc's Request.
RPRF 22-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Interview........
11-10-2016
Passport Req..
11-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
chucky44 said:
I have made contact with a more experience person, here what they say (email the payment receipt to KGN
and make sure on the receipt u write the UCI number and name of applicant) hope this help.
Wow thanks for your help Chucky44. It seems everyone is on a similar page so I will email the receipt to Mississauga and Kingston.

Jamaicanadian

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Toronto East
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2015
Doc's Request.
RPRF 22-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Interview........
11-10-2016
Passport Req..
11-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
canjamdiva said:
Hi Jamaicanadian! Looks like we have similar application dates...I only just got my AOR on Saturday nov.14 and am praying that my buddy PM Justin has given a mandate to immigration to accelerate the processing of these applications (fingers crossed :) )

As for you fees, I remember Lijasha had advised me to pay them sooner rather than later as she felt her application encountered a bit of delay because they seemed to pause her application when they had to ask for fee payment, if that happens, its possible it may cause a delay in processing. I did include everything upfront so we will see if it has much of an impact..I just figured that I didn't want Kingston to have to come ask us for anything but the passport. Anyhow, just my 2 cents, best of luck! This forum is really good, very positive & supportive.
Hey Canjamdiva,
I did notice we had similar application dates on the spreadsheet. Thanks for taking the time to answer me. It seems everyone so far agreed send it in ASAP. If Trudeau does expedite things I think he'll put out applications on hold. I hope we get through first !

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Jamaicanadian said:
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. There is so much information here I'm pretty sure I'll be on here more than fb and insta. I recently sent in my spousal application it was received at CPC-M September 21, 2015. I received the confirmation of application receipt email from CIC on November 10. Ecas says processing started Novemeber 9, 2015. Is there a spreadsheet that I can add this info to? Please let me know. Thanks in advance. :) ps I live in Canada and hubby lives in Jamaica!
Awesome! Welcome to the crew!
Ive added you to the spreadsheet. Sorry, just catching up now!

Jamaicanadian

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Toronto East
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2015
Doc's Request.
RPRF 22-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Interview........
11-10-2016
Passport Req..
11-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
nursewife said:
Welcome!
I also did not pay the RPRF up front. They requested it in July and I'm thinking that gave us a 60 day bring forward date, after the 60 days we then saw updates on ecas. So yes my advice would be to pay the fee asap before they ask if you have the means to do so. I can't guarantee that it will make the process faster but for us even though we paid the fees right as they were requested we did not see any updates until 60 days, hubby then received PPR earlier this month. I'll also add that they confirmed receipt of paymentin less than 24hours after receieveing it but still waited the entire 60 days before we saw any changes. So in my opinion always send before they ask...I'm sure if anyone else has a different opinion they'll comment. :)
Hi nursewife,
Thanks for taking the time to answer my inquiry. It's crazy that it took so much longer to process even though payment was received so quickly. I'll keep that in mind and try and do things ASAP. Do you think it best to wait for SA before paying it? Thanks again.

Jamaicanadian

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Toronto East
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2015
Doc's Request.
RPRF 22-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Interview........
11-10-2016
Passport Req..
11-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
lijasha said:
Good morning everyone - tough crowd with the joke lol.

Anyway, been reading and welcome to all the new members. Lots of good information on here and definitely supportive.

As for the landing fee, I didn't pay with the app and I was really expecting that it would take 25 months to process as per the info on cic website so I figured I'd wait til Dec to pay (next month) - after I joined this forum I realized that 25 months was not reality and I'd better pay asap - one week after I started looking at the exact same information as you (JC), lo and behold they requested the fee! It's true that it seems that they put down your file and pick it up after the 60 days but they said in the letter that I have 30 days to pay. Well I did.
I'm not entirely sure if it really makes a difference because there have been those who have already come and gone since my app and those who paid upfront and are still waiting...
Regardless, if you go on cic website, the same place where you would have paid your application fee, the Permanent Resident fee option there as well. You can just go ahead and pay that fee same way. Make sure you use the same name as when you filed and keep a copy of the confirmation so if worse case scenerio they end up asking for it, you'll have that #. I emailed both Mississauga and Kingston and attached a pdf of the payment. 'kingston.immigration@international.gc.ca' & 'CPCM-EXTCOM@cic.gc.ca' - I put my husband's name, UCI and date of birth in the body and in the subject I wrote Payment of RPRF - F00xxxxxx1 (the x's for the rest of the app #) - keep in mind, his app# and mine were different - I used his but I would have used mine if I didn't know it.

Hope this helps!

Hi lijasha,
Thanks for responding to my inquiry. You definitely helped. I was going to look up the email addresses now I have them ready. I hope things are going well for you. Thanks again.

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
I didnt pay rtpr fee for a few months. You dont have to pay it up front but definitely pay gor it BEFORE they ask, as that will delay things for you.

Jamaicanadian

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Toronto East
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2015
Doc's Request.
RPRF 22-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Interview........
11-10-2016
Passport Req..
11-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
Canadianinlove said:
Pay it and send it in ASAP. You don't want them asking for it and they having your file sit in a pile waiting to be looked at again.
I would email in a copy and send a copy via courier. Doesn't matter if they get it twice. It just matters that they get it.
Thanks canadianinlove. You're so right it's better to send multiple copies aand they get it than just send it one way and they don't. The thought of having the app sit in a pile (unnecessarily) makes my stomach weak.

Jamaicanadian

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Toronto East
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2015
Doc's Request.
RPRF 22-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Interview........
11-10-2016
Passport Req..
11-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
shortyp2000 said:
Awesome! Welcome to the crew!
Ive added you to the spreadsheet. Sorry, just catching up now!
Hi shortyp2000,
Thanks for adding me to the spreadsheet! I didn't expect you would get to me so quickly seeing as your hubby is home! Thanks for taking the time out for us all.

Dollface1

Oct 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2015
Doc's Request.
01-06-2015
File Transfer...
23-03-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2015
LANDED..........
06-12-2015
torontoblues said:
thats awesome news torantoblues... congrats! :D