Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
suga36 said:
Mixchick I hope you are correct...it will best Christmas gift ever......

Fingers crossed Hon. So far Ive been guessing correctly who’s been getting PPR lately, so I think we’ll still see the same movement.
:p :p :p :D

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Anyone who got PPR in Oct get their passport back yet? Im so impatient!!!
I keep checking dhl and checking in with hubby but no news yet

MrsMcLaughlin

Oct 24, 2014
MJB80 said:
I am in need of some help or advice.

My fiancé and I live in Ontario, my fiance is Jamaican and on a work Visa. I will be sponsoring him as soon as our baby is born and we will be considered common law.

He has a 6 year old son that lives in Jamaica with my fiancé's parents. My fiancé has full custody of his son and we have all of the court documents and permission from his mother for him to move to and live in Canada.

At the time that I sponsor my fiance, I will be sponsoring my stepson. Is there any way we can get him here before the 26 month period? His daddy needs him here and he needs his dad. We have applied numerous times to have him visit us and they keep denying it. We don't want to have to wait 2 more years to get him here.
I agree with Mixed Chick, it would probably be a better idea to get married first and then apply for spousal sponsorship, as they are a lot harder on common law applications and much more documentation is required. Also, it seems like outland processing times are currently much faster than inland, so it would probably be a faster process of getting his son here if you guys take the outland route. When does his work visa expire? Is it open ended or seasonal? If his visa is still valid he can continue working I believe and can still be in Canada while you apply outland, but I'm pretty sure once his visa expires he will have to go back to Jamaica until the application is finalized. If you apply inland however, I believe he will have to stay in Canada the entire time without leaving, meaning he will not be able to see his son at all during that time. So even though there is a chance you may have to spend some time apart if you apply outland, in the end you will have your family reunited in Canada faster than if you were to wait out the inland processing times to get his son here.

Those are just my thoughts, whichever decision you make I'm sure we can help you out along the way :) Best of luck!

lijasha

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015 - PC
AOR Received.
21-03-2015
Med's Request
With application
Med's Done....
30-09-2014
Passport Req..
03-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2015 - DM!
Has the status changed with DHL for either of you?? Express service doesn't seem to mean the same thing there as it does here (lol, who am I kidding? lol)

shortyp2000 said:
Thats what mine says too. They activate so its in the system and when dhl picks up u will see achange. U can sign up for text/email notification too!

torontoblues

Apr 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-15
Doc's Request.
31-05-15 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
March 2015
File Transfer...
24-03-15 (SA)
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 22, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 13, 2015
LANDED..........
November 29, 2015
No change@lijasha...sigh...
So sorry@rolinks...no kno weh mi wuda do

lijasha

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015 - PC
AOR Received.
21-03-2015
Med's Request
With application
Med's Done....
30-09-2014
Passport Req..
03-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2015 - DM!
That freaking sux for sure, rolinks! :(:(

....blues, did you per chance ask them how long it would take to get to Kingston? My husband forgot to ask and it's been over a week for you and you're saying that it still says "accepted"??

torontoblues said:
No change@lijasha...sigh...
So sorry@rolinks...no kno weh mi wuda do

torontoblues

Apr 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-15
Doc's Request.
31-05-15 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
March 2015
File Transfer...
24-03-15 (SA)
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 22, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 13, 2015
LANDED..........
November 29, 2015
lijasha said:
That freaking sux for sure, rolinks! :(:(

....blues, did you per chance ask them how long it would take to get to Kingston? My husband forgot to ask and it's been over a week for you and you're saying that it still says "accepted"??

Hey they said it took two days from mandeville to kgstn.
The waybill for the return envelope is wat is saying shipment accepted. Did your husband try tracking the shipment?

lijasha

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015 - PC
AOR Received.
21-03-2015
Med's Request
With application
Med's Done....
30-09-2014
Passport Req..
03-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2015 - DM!
This is what it's saying - it seems like it didn't even move for the past 2 days.

Result Summary
Waybill: 7284107773
Shipment Accepted
Wednesday, November 04, 2015 at 09:43
Origin Service Area:
MONTEGO BAY - KINGSTON - JAMAICA
Destination Service Area:
MONTEGO BAY - MONTEGO BAY - JAMAICA
1 Piece
Wednesday, November 04, 2015 Location Time Piece
2 Shipment Accepted MONTEGO BAY - JAMAICA 09:43
1 Piece
1 Shipment information received MONTEGO BAY - JAMAICA 09:42

torontoblues said:
Hey they said it took two days from mandeville to kgstn.
The waybill for the return envelope is wat is saying shipment accepted. Did your husband try tracking the shipment?

torontoblues

Apr 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-15
Doc's Request.
31-05-15 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
March 2015
File Transfer...
24-03-15 (SA)
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 22, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 13, 2015
LANDED..........
November 29, 2015
lijasha said:
This is what it's saying - it seems like it didn't even move for the past 2 days.

Result Summary
Waybill: 7284107773
Shipment Accepted
Wednesday, November 04, 2015 at 09:43
Origin Service Area:
MONTEGO BAY - KINGSTON - JAMAICA
Destination Service Area:
MONTEGO BAY - MONTEGO BAY - JAMAICA
1 Piece
Wednesday, November 04, 2015 Location Time Piece
2 Shipment Accepted MONTEGO BAY - JAMAICA 09:43
1 Piece
1 Shipment information received MONTEGO BAY - JAMAICA 09:42

My docs have been rec after the 2 days because wen i enter the tracking number it tells me wat time they got it and who signed for them. So ur husband shud have gotten two waybills, one for the docs sent and one for them to send them back. More than likely the one hebis looking at is the return info and not the one for the docs sent. I kno its the return because the origin destination there is saying kingston and final destination is mobay. The one for the docs he sent would say origin destination mobay and the final destination wud b kingston cause thats where he is going.

Based on wat dhl told shortyp husband, even tho they "activated" the return they wont rec our docs from the embassy until after 21 working days...sigh so thats why u jus see shipment accepted there with no change.

But have him use the other waybill tracking number and u should see who signed for ur docs and wat time they got it.

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
rolinks said:
Thanks all trust me its legit. The stupid cow told my husband she would sent an email with the updated date - she told her to cc me on the email and she confirmed my email on file. She sent the email and add my email address as the subject instead of cc me!!'
'Then the amount of typo in her email it is not funny. I have been so super angry I have sent the updated email and letter to the Prime Minister office as well as local MP and trust me I wasted no time in ripping her un-professionalism and bullshit response to such a delicate matter- they waste no time in destroying my life. I cancel my xmas ticket thinking he would be here. He turned down a big job offer there.

I am so frustrated that this is happening to us and then they talk about queue-- we waited and did our time so why f/u/ck with our lives!!!
They seem to feel they are allowed to do whatever they want, without question and without having to answer to anyone. Its totally disgusting.
My emails were also full of misspellings and improper grammar. Does Canada not have standards as to who is responding to the public on their behalf? Just awful

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
lijasha said:
Has the status changed with DHL for either of you?? Express service doesn't seem to mean the same thing there as it does here (lol, who am I kidding? lol)
Nope. Mine still showing Oct 14, active.
DHL says passports usually get returned in 21 business days.

MJB80

Nov 4, 2015
MixedChick92 said:
It will unlikely take that long, they put that number up because at the most that's how long it would take, if your case is complicated. But inland does take much longer then outland, I know a few Jamaicas that went home instead of waiting, because of how much longer it takes. But Shorty is right there is benefits of being inland, your fiancé can work while waiting here.

Also are you applying for Common-Law OR Spousal Sponsorship? I know applying as Common-Law will be a lot more work for someone rather then applying for Spousal. My suggestion would be marrying your fiancé and then putting in the application, it's a lot more harder to deny someone who is marred, then in a common law relationship, and you'll have to prove A lot more for Common law and will be scrutinize way more as well! Again this is just my opinion, if your planning on getting married soon, you should just wait until your married and then send it all in. But if your going the Common Law way here is an example of what you need,

LeisaP
Champion Member

I would start searching these threads and gathering your proof :)

And in regards to his Son coming here faster, it wont be. My friend( Who was sponsored from his wife) just finished his Son's Sponsorship, and it took the same average time as everyone else, currently 10 months, which really isn't that bad, but if your doing inland I think it will take longer then 10 months just considering that they are currently doing initial assessments for people applying in May 26 2014.

Welcome though, there is lots of help here, these ladies and gents are awesome!
We are getting married in July but will be common law in March. I really don't want to have to wait till July to sponsor them. So even if we have a baby together applying as common law will be tough?

MJB80

Nov 4, 2015
MrsMcLaughlin said:
I agree with Mixed Chick, it would probably be a better idea to get married first and then apply for spousal sponsorship, as they are a lot harder on common law applications and much more documentation is required. Also, it seems like outland processing times are currently much faster than inland, so it would probably be a faster process of getting his son here if you guys take the outland route. When does his work visa expire? Is it open ended or seasonal? If his visa is still valid he can continue working I believe and can still be in Canada while you apply outland, but I'm pretty sure once his visa expires he will have to go back to Jamaica until the application is finalized. If you apply inland however, I believe he will have to stay in Canada the entire time without leaving, meaning he will not be able to see his son at all during that time. So even though there is a chance you may have to spend some time apart if you apply outland, in the end you will have your family reunited in Canada faster than if you were to wait out the inland processing times to get his son here.

Those are just my thoughts, whichever decision you make I'm sure we can help you out along the way :) Best of luck!
If we apply outland, how long will it take? We are having a baby in March and I can't have him leave me for long for this... because I don't want him to miss out on our baby and he needs to be working so that we can afford our bills while I'm on Mat leave with reduced pay.

lijasha

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015 - PC
AOR Received.
21-03-2015
Med's Request
With application
Med's Done....
30-09-2014
Passport Req..
03-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2015 - DM!
Thank you! Makes sense

Gonna get the other # from him

torontoblues said:
My docs have been rec after the 2 days because wen i enter the tracking number it tells me wat time they got it and who signed for them. So ur husband shud have gotten two waybills, one for the docs sent and one for them to send them back. More than likely the one hebis looking at is the return info and not the one for the docs sent. I kno its the return because the origin destination there is saying kingston and final destination is mobay. The one for the docs he sent would say origin destination mobay and the final destination wud b kingston cause thats where he is going.

Based on wat dhl told shortyp husband, even tho they "activated" the return they wont rec our docs from the embassy until after 21 working days...sigh so thats why u jus see shipment accepted there with no change.

But have him use the other waybill tracking number and u should see who signed for ur docs and wat time they got it.

lijasha

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2015
Doc's Request.