12-10-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2016
LANDED..........
12-11-2016
lijasha said:
Just an FYI! He ran ran ran to mobay and his passpor is in DHL hands!!!!!
Awesome! So excited for you& everyone getting ppr's these days.. I think Kingston is going to be working super hard to get as many of us reunited for the holidAys ;D ;D

gehtrew

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/October/2014
Doc's Request.
04/Febuary/2015
AOR Received.
16/Febuary/2015
File Transfer...
01/March/2015./SA
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
03/June/2014
Interview........
2/9/2015
Passport Req..
In-Process/07/August/2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In God Timing
canjamdiva said:
Awesome! So excited for you& everyone getting ppr's these days.. I think Kingston is going to be working super hard to get as many of us reunited for the holidAys ;D ;D
I was told that I may be Inadmissible for P.R. family sponsor because I had a case in the U.S.A. involving driving on a suspended license back in 1999 where a fine was assessed and was not paid. Has this happen to anyone?

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
gehtrew said:
I was told that I may be Inadmissible for P.R. family sponsor because I had a case in the U.S.A. involving driving on a suspended license back in 1999 where a fine was assessed and was not paid. Has this happen to anyone?
Did you pay the fine? If you didnt, then you can be deemed inadmissible, depending on what type offence it is classed as. (Summary, hybrid etc) You should contact a lawyer.

gehtrew

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/October/2014
Doc's Request.
04/Febuary/2015
AOR Received.
16/Febuary/2015
File Transfer...
01/March/2015./SA
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
03/June/2014
Interview........
2/9/2015
Passport Req..
In-Process/07/August/2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In God Timing
shortyp2000 said:
Did you pay the fine? If you didnt, then you can be deemed inadmissible, depending on what type offence it is classed as. (Summary, hybrid etc) You should contact a lawyer.
No I did not pay the fee I am attempting to pay the fee at present,my question is if the fee is paid what are my chances of getting my P.R.? Yes i did have some legal consultation but that seems to no avail.

MJB80

Nov 4, 2015
I am in need of some help or advice.

My fiancé and I live in Ontario, my fiance is Jamaican and on a work Visa. I will be sponsoring him as soon as our baby is born and we will be considered common law.

He has a 6 year old son that lives in Jamaica with my fiancé's parents. My fiancé has full custody of his son and we have all of the court documents and permission from his mother for him to move to and live in Canada.

At the time that I sponsor my fiance, I will be sponsoring my stepson. Is there any way we can get him here before the 26 month period? His daddy needs him here and he needs his dad. We have applied numerous times to have him visit us and they keep denying it. We don't want to have to wait 2 more years to get him here.

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
MJB80 said:
I am in need of some help or advice.

My fiancé and I live in Ontario, my fiance is Jamaican and on a work Visa. I will be sponsoring him as soon as our baby is born and we will be considered common law.

He has a 6 year old son that lives in Jamaica with my fiancé's parents. My fiancé has full custody of his son and we have all of the court documents and permission from his mother for him to move to and live in Canada.

At the time that I sponsor my fiance, I will be sponsoring my stepson. Is there any way we can get him here before the 26 month period? His daddy needs him here and he needs his dad. We have applied numerous times to have him visit us and they keep denying it. We don't want to have to wait 2 more years to get him here.
Hello MJB........how are you doing today....First of all when you marry your fiance and sponsor him while he is living with you in canada, the in-land sponsorship take longer than the out-land sponsorship but the good part of sponsoring inland is that your spouse will there there living with you and plus he can work while the application is been process. As for his son here in Jamaica, he will just have to wait until the process go threw or get him a visa to visit canada but there is no guarantee on speeding up any sponsorship process at all even if you hire a lawyer. Most ppl sponsorship application finish before the 26 month mark still.....It is up to the visa officer that dealing with your application...so officer is slower than some and they all deal with application in there own ways.....

MJB80

Nov 4, 2015
Maddants said:
Hello MJB........how are you doing today....First of all when you marry your fiance and sponsor him while he is living with you in canada, the in-land sponsorship take longer than the out-land sponsorship but the good part of sponsoring inland is that your spouse will there there living with you and plus he can work while the application is been process. As for his son here in Jamaica, he will just have to wait until the process go threw or get him a visa to visit canada but there is no guarantee on speeding up any sponsorship process at all even if you hire a lawyer. Most ppl sponsorship application finish before the 26 month mark still.....It is up to the visa officer that dealing with your application...so officer is slower than some and they all deal with application in there own ways.....
Thank you for your response!

Is it possible for his son to visit during that time? I keep hearing people say that during the 26 months he will have to stay in Jamaica, that they won't let him visit.

suga36

Aug 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
27 Feb 2015
File Transfer...
May 6
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
24 Feb 2016
LANDED..........
25 Feb 2016
Mixchick I hope you are correct...it will best Christmas gift ever......

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
gehtrew said:
No I did not pay the fee I am attempting to pay the fee at present,my question is if the fee is paid what are my chances of getting my P.R.? Yes i did have some legal consultation but that seems to no avail.
You will definitely have to pay first and possibly start new and do the rehabilitation form

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
MJB80 said:
Thank you for your response!

Is it possible for his son to visit during that time? I keep hearing people say that during the 26 months he will have to stay in Jamaica, that they won't let him visit.
Its possible that he can get a TRV but it seems like only a lucky few get thru. Alot of jamaican citizens get denied. You would have to show strong links for the child to return to jamaica and with his father having sole custody and living in canada they might red flag that and deny him. When i started my husbands application it said 20 months and we got thru in 10. Depends on how slow they are. Trust me i thought mine was slow. But we r here to help in anyway we can

MJB80

Nov 4, 2015
shortyp2000 said:
Its possible that he can get a TRV but it seems like only a lucky few get thru. Alot of jamaican citizens get denied. You would have to show strong links for the child to return to jamaica and with his father having sole custody and living in canada they might red flag that and deny him. When i started my husbands application it said 20 months and we got thru in 10. Depends on how slow they are. Trust me i thought mine was slow. But we r here to help in anyway we can
I am so clueless to all of this. So your husbands application to get him to Canada? It was supposed to be 20 months but it only took 10?

Is there a way to try and speed things up? I always hear how canada is so big on family reunification, this little boy needs to be with his daddy. It's so unfair that it will take 26 months to get him here.

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
MJB80 said:
I am so clueless to all of this. So your husbands application to get him to Canada? It was supposed to be 20 months but it only took 10?

Is there a way to try and speed things up? I always hear how canada is so big on family reunification, this little boy needs to be with his daddy. It's so unfair that it will take 26 months to get him here.
There are ways to expedite but it has to be extreme conditions, and you would need proof. It hardly ever takes as long as what the processing time states, as most times are about 9/10 months in reality. Mine took 10 months and that includes my 2 extra months of waiting because they requested additional documents from me. You can take a look at the spreadsheet (link in my signature right below) and take a look at the average time for sponsorships. It may give u some hope! I doubt it would even take a year as long as you have all your paperwork together. Inland takes longer, outland is quicker.

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
additionally - our spousal application took 7 months but on the website 2 months for sponsorship approval and then 17 months to process the application so 19 months total. So happy it was only 7 months.

shortyp2000 said:
There are ways to expedite but it has to be extreme conditions, and you would need proof. It hardly ever takes as long as what the processing time states, as most times are about 9/10 months in reality. Mine took 10 months and that includes my 2 extra months of waiting because they requested additional documents from me. You can take a look at the spreadsheet (link in my signature right below) and take a look at the average time for sponsorships. It may give u some hope! I doubt it would even take a year as long as you have all your paperwork together. Inland takes longer, outland is quicker.

MixedChick92

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2015
File Transfer...
05-28-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
MJB80 said:

It will unlikely take that long, they put that number up because at the most that's how long it would take, if your case is complicated. But inland does take much longer then outland, I know a few Jamaicas that went home instead of waiting, because of how much longer it takes. But Shorty is right there is benefits of being inland, your fiancé can work while waiting here.

Also are you applying for Common-Law OR Spousal Sponsorship? I know applying as Common-Law will be a lot more work for someone rather then applying for Spousal. My suggestion would be marrying your fiancé and then putting in the application, it's a lot more harder to deny someone who is marred, then in a common law relationship, and you'll have to prove A lot more for Common law and will be scrutinize way more as well! Again this is just my opinion, if your planning on getting married soon, you should just wait until your married and then send it all in. But if your going the Common Law way here is an example of what you need,

LeisaP
Champion Member

Ratings: +16
[Good] [Poor]

Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: Mexico City
App. Filed.......: January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.: ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.: Never
File Transfer...: April 5, 2012
Med's Request: First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....: August 16, 2012
Interview........: Waived
Passport Req..: May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...: May 27, 2013
LANDED..........: May 30, 2013

Re: What sort of evidence is needed to prove a common-law relationship?

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 02:33:02 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

HI! welcome!

we are common-law too!. and i can tell you what we sent in for ours
we had an immigration consultant help us put everything together.

we sent about:
-200 pictures of events in a timeline journal from when we met till when we sent in the app.
-6 or 7 letters from friends, family and employers stating they knew of our relationship and what they thought of it. im not sure if its necessary them be notarized. ours werent.
- a notarized common-law declaration. we got this at a notary office.
- our rental lease with both our names on it.(VERY GOOD EVIDENCE)
-bills with both names on it, hydro, cable, internet
- joint bank account(also very good!)
- joint costco card
-a car under both of our names
- proof we purchased a dog together
- my spouse has life insurance with me as his beneficiary
- letters from employers. we happen to work for the same person.
- receipts from gifts we have given eachother
- facebook logs
-facebook logs of our parents talking to eachother (they are facebook nerds, never met in real life, but they talk online Tongue )
- plane tickets of trips we took together
-my brother passed away and my spouse flew with me to attend the funeral so we posted items from the funeral, proof that he came with me
- pictures of him with my family.
- events tickets, movies, sports events, etc.
I would start searching these threads and gathering your proof :)

And in regards to his Son coming here faster, it wont be. My friend( Who was sponsored from his wife) just finished his Son's Sponsorship, and it took the same average time as everyone else, currently 10 months, which really isn't that bad, but if your doing inland I think it will take longer then 10 months just considering that they are currently doing initial assessments for people applying in May 26 2014.

Welcome though, there is lots of help here, these ladies and gents are awesome!