+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

JamaicanSnowflake

Aug 20, 2013
Quebec
I remember when the Kingston thread was always in the top ten,

Whats one the the funniest, craziest thing you did for the other.

My Husband runs taxi and I planned for him to pick up a friend from the airport, made him run all around town to gather things to give her to bring back for me.

The week before I started complaining about my phone, even turning it off while we were talking. Cause the friend was me :p and I knew I needed a fall back for the phone being off during the 4 hour flight.

When He pulled up to the airport and saw me he nearly crashed the car lol :eek:

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Last night I got a frantic call from my friend (Canadian woman) who is visiting her boyfriends family in Spanish Town. (Her boyfriend is on refugee status so he didnt go with her, she wanted to introduce his family to their new baby so she went to see the family for a month, never meeting them before). These are people she talked to on the phone, texted with, and even sent invitation letters for, and they were sweet to her before she got there.....

The family treated her horribly, turned off the power to the house (told her JPS did it and that she needed to pay the bill, but they had just turned it off themselves), left her there alone, took her rental car for days.... and that was just when they were being nice! She called her boyfriend in Canada and he told her "whats the problem with letting her take the rental? She wants to go see her boyfriend"...

They were making her pay for everything, for everyone, and when she finally refused, all hell broke loose. She called me saying she needed to leave there, and asked if my husband could meet her, and if she and her 2 kids could stay there with my husband and she would figure out if she would leave Jamaica early or not. When she was leaving her boyfriends family's house, they threw out all her clothes on the street, screamed and yelled at her, and then threw rocks at the rental car and busted both the front and back windshield. My husband and mother in law met her at the police station, and they wouldn't do anything but make a report. The family showed up and started saying my friend vandalized their house, and that my friend threw the rock herself and broke her own windows, which is untrue.

I feel awful that this has happened to her, but I warned her on the dangers of meeting strangers, and going alone. Not smart. Hopefully she can just get back to Canada sooner than later. So, I guess her lesson is learned. Dont send invite letters for people you have never met, and dont assume because your partner loves you, that his family will too!

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
January 3rd, 2014 - CPC-M & February 4th 2014 from KGN...POS AOR
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2014...and again in March 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Confirmed as approved on May 1/15, issued May 4, 2015
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
shortyp2000 said:
Last night I got a frantic call from my friend (Canadian woman) who is visiting her boyfriends family in Spanish Town. (Her boyfriend is on refugee status so he didnt go with her, she wanted to introduce his family to their new baby so she went to see the family for a month, never meeting them before). These are people she talked to on the phone, texted with, and even sent invitation letters for, and they were sweet to her before she got there.....

The family treated her horribly, turned off the power to the house (told her JPS did it and that she needed to pay the bill, but they had just turned it off themselves), left her there alone, took her rental car for days.... and that was just when they were being nice! She called her boyfriend in Canada and he told her "whats the problem with letting her take the rental? She wants to go see her boyfriend"...

They were making her pay for everything, for everyone, and when she finally refused, all hell broke loose. She called me saying she needed to leave there, and asked if my husband could meet her, and if she and her 2 kids could stay there with my husband and she would figure out if she would leave Jamaica early or not. When she was leaving her boyfriends family's house, they threw out all her clothes on the street, screamed and yelled at her, and then threw rocks at the rental car and busted both the front and back windshield. My husband and mother in law met her at the police station, and they wouldn't do anything but make a report. The family showed up and started saying my friend vandalized their house, and that my friend threw the rock herself and broke her own windows, which is untrue.

I feel awful that this has happened to her, but I warned her on the dangers of meeting strangers, and going alone. Not smart. Hopefully she can just get back to Canada sooner than later. So, I guess her lesson is learned. Dont send invite letters for people you have never met, and dont assume because your partner loves you, that his family will too!
WOW!!! I feel so horribly for your friend! I hope she and her children are alright....mann....you really never know with people..especially to plan to go visit these strangers for ONE MONTH without having the individual who is the connection there with you.

My heart goes out to her!

Roxie-B

Jun 23, 2014
shortyp2000 said:

That's so shady though, it sounds like the boyfriend was in agreement with his peeps all the way. almost as if it was deliberate.
He didn't even call and set everybody straight. knowing his child and gf would be there.

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
January 3rd, 2014 - CPC-M & February 4th 2014 from KGN...POS AOR
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2014...and again in March 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Confirmed as approved on May 1/15, issued May 4, 2015
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
Roxie-B said:
That's so shady though, it sounds like the boyfriend was in agreement with his peeps all the way. almost as if it was deliberate.
He didn't even call and set everybody straight. knowing his child and gf would be there.
Those are my thoughts exactly...it sounds like his family + the husband have a hidden agenda....he didn't even care enough to make arrangements so her and their children can be safe....shady bad!

Roxie-B

Jun 23, 2014
JamaicanSnowflake said:
Wonder how life will be for the Husband when she get's back home ::)
Clearly she is nt jamaican cause things would have been going down frm wen she was in Spanish town... they wouldnt have tried it...... and maybe that why they were being the way they were cause she is foreign and nt familiar with anything. But with tht said Shorty was right i wouldnt be going there BY MYSELF and plus MY KIDS too....

wen she go home she should cuss him out and set him straight.
Reading back..."throwing stones"!!!!! thats life threatening for her and her kids.... he would have lots of convincing and explaining to do.. if it were me and I would be going back no matter how much he begged me.. they wouldnt see my children fi love norr money..

solkaman

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston via Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-14
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
March 10 2015
File Transfer...
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-07-14
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-04-15
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2015
So here is something that I have never heard before. Our passport is on way back from Trinidad. It's stuck at customs now for clearance.

I have been tracking the package since it left Trinidad and noticed that it was spending a lot of time at clearance in Jamaica. So I called FedEx customer service to find out what was going on. So they explained that the recipient (my husband in Jamaica) needs to contact the FedEx location locally to help clear the package. He did. Customs was asking for his SIN number so he provided the info to the FedEx person and that info was given to customs. We are now waiting for clearance.

I called customer service back to understand the situation. They explained to me that because it is a passport (official document) crossing the border, they need to ask these questions and may want to inspect the package closely. They knew it was a passport cause the package was xrayed. Never heard anyone on here going through this situation....

So now we are just waiting on customs clearance in Kingston. How frustrating!!

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Exactly, I am so mad about the whole situation.... she thought she could just go down there and do what I do, but see how it turned on her...some people just dont think. Now shes at my husbands house until June 10th. Got him running all over the place doing things for her, and taking her to the embassy (even tho my husband and mother in law told her they arent going to do anything). She's spending her money on fixing the car windows and now dont have the money to get home. I told her to leave the damn thing at the airport, let them charge her credit card and go home.

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
solkaman said:
So here is something that I have never heard before. Our passport is on way back from Trinidad. It's stuck at customs now for clearance.

I have been tracking the package since it left Trinidad and noticed that it was spending a lot of time at clearance in Jamaica. So I called FedEx customer service to find out what was going on. So they explained that the recipient (my husband in Jamaica) needs to contact the FedEx location locally to help clear the package. He did. Customs was asking for his SIN number so he provided the info to the FedEx person and that info was given to customs. We are now waiting for clearance.

I called customer service back to understand the situation. They explained to me that because it is a passport (official document) crossing the border, they need to ask these questions and may want to inspect the package closely. They knew it was a passport cause the package was xrayed. Never heard anyone on here going through this situation....

I've heard of this before. My husband had to send me documents before and they were in customs clearance for 5 days

solkaman

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston via Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-14
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
March 10 2015
File Transfer...
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-07-14
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-04-15
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2015
solkaman said:

We finally have the Visa in our hands! FedEx recommended that we go to the airport and go clear it ourselves which we did. They were very slow moving but once we got to the right person it was quick. Only Jamaican immigration could clear the package. They opened it and made sure my husband was the same guy on the pictures . We have the key to togetherness in Canada! Feeling so relieved right now....

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
solkaman said:
We finally have the Visa in our hands! FedEx recommended that we go to the airport and go clear it ourselves which we did. They were very slow moving but once we got to the right person it was quick. Only Jamaican immigration could clear the package. They opened it and made sure my husband was the same guy on the pictures . We have the key to togetherness in Canada! Feeling so relieved right now....
Thats great, congrats!

MixedChick92

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2015
File Transfer...
05-28-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
Hey Forum Fam,

Thought I'd give an update. Hubby came to visit me a couple weeks ago, we had such a fantastic time!
He's now back home and I'm here alone....*Sighhh* ::)
Though I am glad to know we are one step closer to this process being over. I got an email today that I'm approved as a Sponsor and that our application is now forwarded to Kingston for further processing (Yay) . Now the real waiting begins. I would love to have us living together here within a year ....*Fingers crossed!*

Blessings everyone! ;)