not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
TheMitchells said:
Hello Everyone, hope all are well and keeping their spirits up! I am currently writing this post from my bed and I can finally look over to my husband next to me!!!!! Such an amazing feeling I can barely stand it, so here is our landing story....

So a little history, I me my husband 3 years ago I Kingston, we did the long distance for months at a time only seeing each other when I was able to make it back down to Jamaica because each time we tried for a visitor visa he was denied...3 times!!! Well by that time we knew we wanted to be together for the rest of our lives we decided to get married, I knew h was Mr. Forever so whether we were married in Jamaica or Canada it didn't matter to me. I had to leave 5 days after the wedding to go back to Canada, alone, yet again but this time we knew we could apply for the Spousal Visa and I got right on it the second I landed haha. It took about a month for me to gather all information, pictures, paperwork, documents and finally sent our application in. I flew down about 6 months later on and hope and a prayer that while I was down in Jamaica he would be approved and obtain the PR so we could travel back together. During this waiting time he was able to obtain an American Travel Visa so we planned a trip to Florida to visit my brother and his wife, I would stay in America while he went back to Jamaica and return to work while we waited for "the call". I should note our status changed to in process right before left for America so we knew things were moving behind the scenes. SO EXCITED yet made the waiting even harder some how haha.

When he returned back to Jamaica from America not even two days later he got the call from a local number he didn't recognize and sure enough asked for passport which he left work instantly to grab from home to send in. He received it back through DHL about 11 business days later and instantly started looking at flights. We booked him one to meet me in Florida so we could fly back to Canada together. He landed in Florida on the 5th and we flew out the night of the 6th. Our flight was supposed to be from Florida to Toronto, then over to Calgary then finally Comox on Vancouver Island....however it didn't quite go as planned haha does it ever?? We took off Friday night and landed on Toronto to COLD weather and a very quick and friendly landing process. It was 1am and it was totally dead in there so we walked right in, answered a few questions signed some papers and were on our way, we made it wayyy bigger in our heads than it turned out to be, well I as the wife did anyways, my husband was cool as ever haha. It was nice to actually go through the process with him and translate a few times along the way haha.

We had a 6 hour lay over so were able to venture outside and my husband was SHOCKED by the coolness, I was too actually, being from the west coast Ive never experienced cold weather like that before and cold barely breathe haha. We of course ran back inside and hallelujah Timmies was open and got ourselves a nice hot drink to gulp down fairly quickly. It was amazing to see him experience all these things for the first time, see his reactions to everything. We were so antsy on getting home and as 6am approached and we got ready to board the next plane they announced it was cancelled! I was on edge of course but once again my husband was so cool about everything, probably just so thankful to even be in Canada. We thankfully got re directed. We had to fly to Vancouver then back to Edmonton then finally into Comox....longest day of my life but how could I even complain really!? Just kept looking at each other saying, PINCH ME, is this even real! He loved how everyone was so friendly and nice, which after living down in Jamaica for a year, yes, it is completely different! My experience anyways. We flew over the now capped rockies and he was just in complete awe! We finally were on the plane from Edmonton to home and I think that's when it really sank in for me, I must have broke down every other minute, just so thankful for everything God had prepared in His perfect way to be finally HOME. We landed and were greeted by a very tearful family, Mom Dad, Sister Brother in Law and my two nephews who were beyond excited to see their new uncle. We just hugged and Thanked the Lord and took the moment in. My family had prepared a huge BBQ and even though we hadn't slept in almost 24 hours, and had to take 4 different planes to arrive it didn't even matter, we went to the house, had food and drinks, bon fire in the back yard(not the type for the sole purpose of burning garbage) which was what my husband had always envisioned haha and we had the most amazing time. I got to see my husband in a jacket, toque and gloves which was totally different and totally adorable at the same time haha.

Its been almost 48 hour since we landed and I still don't think its really sunk in. I wake up at night and the feeling you get when you can look over and he is there, or reach out and touch him is nothing I could explain to anyone, and I know you all can relate which is why this forum has been so important to us. This whole process has been so trying at times and I am so thankful its over and we can officially start the next chapter of our lives and not just make plans for the future but actually act on them together in the same place( like making babies now haha) is just such a blessing. We will be sure to check in and give updates, if there is anything or any insight we can give anyone else please don't hesitate to get in touch.

ps I never thought Id think someone snoring would be so comforting until tonight as l I look over at my husband passed out beside me :p

We have tons to explore and start and will for sure keep in touch and
Welcome/Bienvenue to Canada Mr. Mitchell!!

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Sara8513 said:
Hello!

I need some advice on my application.

Did you guys do your med checks before filing or after?

Does it make a difference?

I was told to not do it as they expire and now that my package is finally ready to go I am scared that I should be doing them.

Please advise as I am Soo ready to finally mail this out but I want to do everything as best as I can.

Thanks
I am just catching up on the forum so not sure if anyone answered your question already...but...yes you MUST send in your medicals with your application or you run a huge chance of Mississauga returning your package to you as incomplete.

suzanne2014

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2015 lost sent second one they recieved it May 13
AOR Received.
13-06-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
Hi everyone I'm so happy too read people's landing stories I'm glad that people are having success... I got a feeling my application is going to get sent back because they changed a paper last month and I sent my paper last month... but if they send my paper back I'm in Jamaica with my husband until April 13 so I'm scared I won't be able too resend the application back asap and I can't afford any delays grr I hate that they send applications back when they change the paper after you send your application in

Jessie2014

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 29, 2014
Doc's Request.
Additional photos, police clearance and FBI redo requested February 17, 2015/FBI REDO SINCE FIRST TWO WERE INCORRECT. RECEIVED IN MARCH 29
File Transfer...
July 24, 2014
Med's Done....
March 26, 2014 (Received as per CIC)
Passport Req..
July 24, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 4, 2015
MelJam said:
Hey Couples reunited in Canada!!

I was talking with somes of you in private on Facebook and we were sharing how adjustment goes and how it is since our hubbies is here in Canada and I realized that for everyone it is not always easy ! So I was thinking if you guys want to share the ``After-Landing Story``. Maybe it could help each other to manage the new life and live in harmony here in Canada! ;) What you guys thinking about it?
HEy Mel, although my hubby isn't here yet, I think that is a fabulous idea. I have been wondering how it's been going for everyone thus far.

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Jessie2014 said:
HEy Mel, although my hubby isn't here yet, I think that is a fabulous idea. I have been wondering how it's been going for everyone thus far.
Nice !! I am willing to be the first to share my first 2 months and a half with my hubby at home!! :)

First of all, the first week was so amazing, since it was Christmas Holidays also....we had a lot of fun and no need to be in the usual routine (work) . He discovered so much new things like the static electricity, rust on the cars, freezing wind, of course the snow and was fascinated by the snow trucks!! Of course a lot of other things was totally new for him. At the same time, he got a lot of blues, missing his family, was crying 2 or 3 times in the first month. When I went back to work after Christmas Holidays, he started to put pressure on himself, wanted to work, wanted to learn French, wanted to buy a house, was telling me that hes not comfortable to depends on me....so he got stressed of the situation. But it is totally normal that he could not achive this in few weeks!! But because of this, he was miserable, so we started fighting for some stupid reasons. The nicest man I met was gone, he was rude, was always complainning saying that since hes here its a nightmare....even reached a point that I told him to go back in Jamaica, that I am tired of him!! Imagine, after only couple of weeks that hes here I was ready to send him back to JA. I even asked myself if I did a mistake. So I have decided at that moment to continue doing my things, giving him space and leave him alone. But you can imagine the bad vibes in the house...I think it is the worst feeling. You wait forever to be with your man and when you are with him, you think everything is a mistake. So no choice, we needed to talk and got off what we had on our chests. So we have talk a lot of life, goals in life, if we are still on the same vybz...and more and more and I finished telling him ``I just want you to be nice as you were before`` and since that day....harmony is back and we laugh every day, cracking jokes every day and I can say now that adjustement is done ! We got used to each other and know exactly what to do to not vex each other. So now I can tell that we are totally happy to be reunited and everythings good! During all that adjustement, he started working for now 2 months, exchanged his driver licence and got his own car so I think that helped too to make him feel more independent. So be ready to adjust, its actually not easy some times, we need to stay calm, patient, and make compromises. Love is strong and trust me if you guys are in love, even some days you think it is the end, well it is not! Everyone needs some space some time, especially when u used to be alone for months!! Now we just hope to have a little bun in the oven asap ! :D Crossed fingers!!

Jessie2014

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 29, 2014
Doc's Request.
Additional photos, police clearance and FBI redo requested February 17, 2015/FBI REDO SINCE FIRST TWO WERE INCORRECT. RECEIVED IN MARCH 29
File Transfer...
July 24, 2014
Med's Done....
March 26, 2014 (Received as per CIC)
Passport Req..
July 24, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 4, 2015
MelJam said:
Nice !! I am willing to be the first to share my first 2 months and a half with my hubby at home!! :)

First of all, the first week was so amazing, since it was Christmas Holidays also....we had a lot of fun and no need to be in the usual routine (work) . He discovered so much new things like the static electricity, rust on the cars, freezing wind, of course the snow and was fascinated by the snow trucks!! Of course a lot of other things was totally new for him. At the same time, he got a lot of blues, missing his family, was crying 2 or 3 times in the first month. When I went back to work after Christmas Holidays, he started to put pressure on himself, wanted to work, wanted to learn French, wanted to buy a house, was telling me that hes not comfortable to depends on me....so he got stressed of the situation. But it is totally normal that he could not achive this in few weeks!! But because of this, he was miserable, so we started fighting for some stupid reasons. The nicest man I met was gone, he was rude, was always complainning saying that since hes here its a nightmare....even reached a point that I told him to go back in Jamaica, that I am tired of him!! Imagine, after only couple of weeks that hes here I was ready to send him back to JA. I even asked myself if I did a mistake. So I have decided at that moment to continue doing my things, giving him space and leave him alone. But you can imagine the bad vibes in the house...I think it is the worst feeling. You wait forever to be with your man and when you are with him, you think everything is a mistake. So no choice, we needed to talk and got off what we had on our chests. So we have talk a lot of life, goals in life, if we are still on the same vybz...and more and more and I finished telling him ``I just want you to be nice as you were before`` and since that day....harmony is back and we laugh every day, cracking jokes every day and I can say now that adjustement is done ! We got used to each other and know exactly what to do to not vex each other. So now I can tell that we are totally happy to be reunited and everythings good! During all that adjustement, he started working for now 2 months, exchanged his driver licence and got his own car so I think that helped too to make him feel more independent. So be ready to adjust, its actually not easy some times, we need to stay calm, patient, and make compromises. Love is strong and trust me if you guys are in love, even some days you think it is the end, well it is not! Everyone needs some space some time, especially when u used to be alone for months!! Now we just hope to have a little bun in the oven asap ! :D Crossed fingers!!
Awww beautiful. I hope you have your lovemuffin soon :) Your experience is totally relatable and I'm happy you two are finding more peace and joy as the days go by. My hubby is a Jamaican transitioning from the U.S, so he actually is NOT looking forward to Canadian weather lol...He has already complained before even getting here. Nonetheless we need and want to move on to bigger and better things for our family, so the sacrifice is necessary. Did you feel nervous before your husband got here? Did you ask yourself if he will like it here and put pressure on yourself to ensure it will be a great experience? I feel that lately I've been putting so much pressure on myself and I feel that if he complains when he gets here, I just might snap lol...Just being honest, I'm working extra hard to get things in order so it's certainly added stress on both of us. He's worried about not being able to provide for us in this foreign place called "Canada" because it's supposedly slower than where he's currently living. I just pray for the best....and I also pray to have a little love bundle in the oven soon :)

ally89

Dec 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KIingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2 2015
Doc's Request.
September 8 2015 & February 25 2016
AOR Received.
April 7 2015
File Transfer...
Either May 29 2015 or June 25 2015
Med's Request
Nope
Med's Done....
June 11 2014
Interview........
Nope
Passport Req..
February 25 2016
MelJam said:

I enjoyed reading your settlement experience, thanks for sharing......captures the "not so glorious" side of settlement but once a couple really and truly love each other then compromising and adjusting isn't so difficult....oohh one question or maybe two....did your husband had to get a letter from Jamaica to change his license? Did he had to do the driving test or just the knowledge test?

ally89

Dec 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KIingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
April 7 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Nope
Med's Done....
June 11 2014
Interview........
Nope
Passport Req..
February 25 2016
my application forms are dated for Feb 8, 2015 but Im ending them in on Monday/Tuesday, do I need to change the date or can I leave it a February 28, 2015

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
ally89 said:
my application forms are dated for Feb 8, 2015 but Im ending them in on Monday/Tuesday, do I need to change the date or can I leave it a February 28, 2015
You can leave it however make sure you have the most up to date forums as they just changed some. You will need to refill them out if you don't. The date is usually printed on the top part of the forum with what number the forum is. You risk them being sent back to you if you don't

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Jessie : Yes I was nervous and was thinking everyday about maybe he will want to go back to JA. I put so much pressure on myself too to make him happy here. Was always worrying if he feel good here for real. Lol

Ally : In Quebec he doesn't need any letter from Jamaica. Only proof of residence + his current licence and he has 6 months to exchange it without taking courses. He has to do the written exam + the exam on the road. So I dont know you are in wich province but call the licence office to make sure how to proceed.

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
ally89 said:
You talked about the signatures date? Our signatures was dated in October and we sent it in December and we never had any problem with this.

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
POST-LANDING

Everything MelJam said is true. C'est pas facile... that's for sure! You're now living together, sometimes they want everything to happen at once, or maybe they don't want to do anything at all. You will fight over STUPID things and you might even question if you made a mistake. It's not that you don't love once another... being in love, does not mean you are meant to be. I always hope for things to work out for others as they are working out for me (though it took about 3-4 months for things to level out), but they can't all be happy endings. Good luck to everyone :)

suzanne2014

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2015 lost sent second one they recieved it May 13
AOR Received.
13-06-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
I got a question I sent in my husband's criminal record check from Canada and Jamaica.. but what is an fbi check??? Do I need that too?? And how do I go about getting one??

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
suzanne2014 said:
I got a question I sent in my husband's criminal record check from Canada and Jamaica.. but what is an fbi check??? Do I need that too?? And how do I go about getting one??
He will only need a FBI check if he lived in the United States for more than 6 months after he was 18 years old. If he has never lived there then he won't need it

ally89

Dec 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KIingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
April 7 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Nope
Med's Done....
June 11 2014
Interview........
Nope
Passport Req..
February 25 2016
sammystorm19 said:
You can leave it however make sure you have the most up to date forums as they just changed some. You will need to refill them out if you don't. The date is usually printed on the top part of the forum with what number the forum is. You risk them being sent back to you if you don't
Thanks Sammystorm, I usually check periodically for any updates.