09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Sara8513 said:
Hello!

I need some advice on my application.

Did you guys do your med checks before filing or after?

Does it make a difference?

I was told to not do it as they expire and now that my package is finally ready to go I am scared that I should be doing them.

Please advise as I am Soo ready to finally mail this out but I want to do everything as best as I can.

Thanks
As per family class sponsorship and also the check list....medicals need to be done prior to the app being handed in and the proof sent with the app

carm_cnd

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
Doc's Request.
01-28-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2012
File Transfer...
03-11-2012
Med's Request
01-28-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2012
Interview........
passed no interview needed
Passport Req..
28-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
Good Afternoon

I am wondering if anyone can recall the amount of years for sponsorship for people who applied in 2012? I believe it was 2 years but now when I go on the site it says 3 years?

thank you :)

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
carm_cnd said:
Good Afternoon

I am wondering if anyone can recall the amount of years for sponsorship for people who applied in 2012? I believe it was 2 years but now when I go on the site it says 3 years?

thank you :)
Hey Carm...it was 3 years back in 2012 as well

MixedChick92

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2015
File Transfer...
05-28-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
Hello Everyone,
This looks like such a supporting thread, BIG UP DI CANADIAN DEM SPONSORING AND WHO SPONSORED THEIR JAMAICAN HUSBANDS, WIVES AND KIDS !

I am almost ready to mail off my application for Spousal Sponsorship. I am so excited, one step closer to having my Husband here with me PERMANENTLY!

My question is on,
IMM 5481 Sponsorship Evaluation
Question 3)
"Your net personal income for the 12-month period preceding the date of your application"

I wrote down my 2013 net income as I am in the process of mailing off my 2014 taxes and won’t get my 2014 Notice of Assessment for like 4 -6 weeks which will show my net personal income for 2014. I've also photocopied my "2014 T4" and attached it to that form hoping that it will help. Also I wrote in the boxes “12 Month period starting and ending – Jan-01-13 to Dec-01-13 " is that correct? I wrote on a separate paper the reason why I can’t produce my Net income for 2014.
AND
My "Option C Printout" is for 2013 as I can’t produce the "2014 Option C Printout" I wrote on a separate paper as well stating why I can’t produce that either.
Will this be sufficient?

P.S My husband has a TRV to Canada, we got married here in Canada on my birthday In the Summer of 2014 when he visited me.
Once we send in our application and I’m approved as the sponsor, would they cancel his TRV?
Reason I am asking this is because I know a lady who sponsored over her husband from Jamaica and got married there and he got approved for TRV OR A WORKING VISA... I forget which one, but they took it away from him and he wasn’t able to come to Canada anymore until the Sponsorship process was over, when he received his Permanent Residence.
My husband wants to come up here and visit me during Christmas and we want to book the ticket right away.

Thanks for any replies, its greatly appreciated!

solkaman

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston via Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-14
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
March 10 2015
File Transfer...
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-07-14
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-04-15
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2015
Hey hey...... we just got movement with our file this morning. My husband (I am the sponsor) received an email from the High Commission in Trinidad saying that they had received our file and would let us know if they need anything more from us or if an interview would be required. This was a standard email with links to different related information etc.....

I guess this means that they are starting to work on our file. This is 5 months after our file has been transferred from Mississauga to Jamaica. Our on line status has not changed at this point.

Let's see what happens next...... exciting!!!

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
guyanese24 said:
HI all so here goes our landing story. This is hubby here and I will give a brief description on my experience. So the flight was very smooth coming from Guyana to Trinidad to Canada. I tried to sleep while flying but could not since I was calm but still full with excitement within...... Flight touched at Pearson Intl and here I am on Canada's ground for the first time...... Went through customs without any questions being asked and straight to immigration. I must admit I was still calm but was still expecting a speed bump somewhere along the line. So I am at immigration and the female officer asked 4 questions. Who sponsored you, what's your address, what's your telephone # and how many dependants do I have. After answering her It was Welcome to Canada. I spent about 5 mins with immigration and that was the smoothest flight and interview process ever. So as I was heading out of the terminal I say lights flashing into my eyes and guess who it was......... WIFEY lol. Then and only then did I break into a smile as I was greeted with a big hug, kisses and flowers oh not forgetting a jacket for the cold.
Hi all wife here so as the day began I was already running late with everything. Even though I knew I was ahead of time it felt like I was rushing. I was tracking his flight before it even left Guyana and kept checking for updates. So as I arrived at the airport and anxiously / patiently waiting for hubby as my phone was blowing up with numerous messages from so many friends and family asking IS HE HERE IS HE HERE? I kept trying to give everyone an update but was just praying that they don't ask him much questions and just send him out. After about 30mins wait there comes my tall dark and handsome chocolate. Lol as I flashed some pix of him to send as confirmation that he's here. We hugged kissed and journeyed home where I had a welcome to Canada cake waiting for him along with family to greet him. Thus far the transition has been going smoothly and we will be looking after all necessary documentation during the week. After knowing each other for 19years plus and being together for 3 year we are very happy to start this journey in our life. It just feels so amazing that hubby is not here on a vacation and is here permanently. Thanks to all who have made this process so easy during our times of trials even though we know our processing time was fast compared to other. Cantrini,meljam, b, you all are awesome, I wish if I could mention all the names of everyone but you all know yourselves. Just know that we will be here to assist anyone with questions and those waiting “we will continue to add you to our prayers” NOTHING BUT LOVE AND SUPPORT....MR & MRS. H (aka Guyanese 24)
Yay!! Happy for you!! :D Immigration journey done!! ;)

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
TheMitchells said:
Hello Everyone, hope all are well and keeping their spirits up! I am currently writing this post from my bed and I can finally look over to my husband next to me!!!!! Such an amazing feeling I can barely stand it, so here is our landing story....

So a little history, I me my husband 3 years ago I Kingston, we did the long distance for months at a time only seeing each other when I was able to make it back down to Jamaica because each time we tried for a visitor visa he was denied...3 times!!! Well by that time we knew we wanted to be together for the rest of our lives we decided to get married, I knew h was Mr. Forever so whether we were married in Jamaica or Canada it didn't matter to me. I had to leave 5 days after the wedding to go back to Canada, alone, yet again but this time we knew we could apply for the Spousal Visa and I got right on it the second I landed haha. It took about a month for me to gather all information, pictures, paperwork, documents and finally sent our application in. I flew down about 6 months later on and hope and a prayer that while I was down in Jamaica he would be approved and obtain the PR so we could travel back together. During this waiting time he was able to obtain an American Travel Visa so we planned a trip to Florida to visit my brother and his wife, I would stay in America while he went back to Jamaica and return to work while we waited for "the call". I should note our status changed to in process right before left for America so we knew things were moving behind the scenes. SO EXCITED yet made the waiting even harder some how haha.

When he returned back to Jamaica from America not even two days later he got the call from a local number he didn't recognize and sure enough asked for passport which he left work instantly to grab from home to send in. He received it back through DHL about 11 business days later and instantly started looking at flights. We booked him one to meet me in Florida so we could fly back to Canada together. He landed in Florida on the 5th and we flew out the night of the 6th. Our flight was supposed to be from Florida to Toronto, then over to Calgary then finally Comox on Vancouver Island....however it didn't quite go as planned haha does it ever?? We took off Friday night and landed on Toronto to COLD weather and a very quick and friendly landing process. It was 1am and it was totally dead in there so we walked right in, answered a few questions signed some papers and were on our way, we made it wayyy bigger in our heads than it turned out to be, well I as the wife did anyways, my husband was cool as ever haha. It was nice to actually go through the process with him and translate a few times along the way haha.

We had a 6 hour lay over so were able to venture outside and my husband was SHOCKED by the coolness, I was too actually, being from the west coast Ive never experienced cold weather like that before and cold barely breathe haha. We of course ran back inside and hallelujah Timmies was open and got ourselves a nice hot drink to gulp down fairly quickly. It was amazing to see him experience all these things for the first time, see his reactions to everything. We were so antsy on getting home and as 6am approached and we got ready to board the next plane they announced it was cancelled! I was on edge of course but once again my husband was so cool about everything, probably just so thankful to even be in Canada. We thankfully got re directed. We had to fly to Vancouver then back to Edmonton then finally into Comox....longest day of my life but how could I even complain really!? Just kept looking at each other saying, PINCH ME, is this even real! He loved how everyone was so friendly and nice, which after living down in Jamaica for a year, yes, it is completely different! My experience anyways. We flew over the now capped rockies and he was just in complete awe! We finally were on the plane from Edmonton to home and I think that's when it really sank in for me, I must have broke down every other minute, just so thankful for everything God had prepared in His perfect way to be finally HOME. We landed and were greeted by a very tearful family, Mom Dad, Sister Brother in Law and my two nephews who were beyond excited to see their new uncle. We just hugged and Thanked the Lord and took the moment in. My family had prepared a huge BBQ and even though we hadn't slept in almost 24 hours, and had to take 4 different planes to arrive it didn't even matter, we went to the house, had food and drinks, bon fire in the back yard(not the type for the sole purpose of burning garbage) which was what my husband had always envisioned haha and we had the most amazing time. I got to see my husband in a jacket, toque and gloves which was totally different and totally adorable at the same time haha.

Its been almost 48 hour since we landed and I still don't think its really sunk in. I wake up at night and the feeling you get when you can look over and he is there, or reach out and touch him is nothing I could explain to anyone, and I know you all can relate which is why this forum has been so important to us. This whole process has been so trying at times and I am so thankful its over and we can officially start the next chapter of our lives and not just make plans for the future but actually act on them together in the same place( like making babies now haha) is just such a blessing. We will be sure to check in and give updates, if there is anything or any insight we can give anyone else please don't hesitate to get in touch.

ps I never thought Id think someone snoring would be so comforting until tonight as l I look over at my husband passed out beside me :p

We have tons to explore and start and will for sure keep in touch and

Congrats!! Immigration journey done for you 2 !! :D

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
solkaman said:
Hey hey...... we just got movement with our file this morning. My husband (I am the sponsor) received an email from the High Commission in Trinidad saying that they had received our file and would let us know if they need anything more from us or if an interview would be required. This was a standard email with links to different related information etc.....

I guess this means that they are starting to work on our file. This is 5 months after our file has been transferred from Mississauga to Jamaica. Our on line status has not changed at this point.

Let's see what happens next...... exciting!!!
Oh ! That's mean that your file has been forwarded to Trinidad! I hope your process will be fast ! Good luck ! :)

solkaman

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-14
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
March 10 2015
File Transfer...
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-07-14
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-04-15
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2015
Thank you MelJam.

I know a case similar to ours in Trinidad as well. They also received the same email 5 months after the file was transferred from Mississauga and 3 weeks later they got a PPR. Hope for the same or better for us.... fingers crossed!

carm_cnd

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
Doc's Request.
01-28-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2012
File Transfer...
03-11-2012
Med's Request
01-28-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2012
Interview........
passed no interview needed
Passport Req..
28-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
sammystorm19 said:
Hey Carm...it was 3 years back in 2012 as well
OK thank you :)

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
solkaman said:
Thank you MelJam.

I know a case similar to ours in Trinidad as well. They also received the same email 5 months after the file was transferred from Mississauga and 3 weeks later they got a PPR. Hope for the same or better for us.... fingers crossed!
A lot of people here on the forum got their files forwarded in Trinidad. Aplications from Sept. 2013 to Dec 2013. It took 13 to 17 months processing for them. If you look the spreadsheet you will have a great idea of the processing time of applications. Link in my signature... But someone from July 2014 is in TnT and got PPR after 5 months also...but the problem is that Trinidad takes forever to return passports. Good luck and wish you the best!! :)

solkaman

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-14
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
March 10 2015
File Transfer...
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-07-14
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-04-15
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2015
Yes I see that MelJam. I wonder why this step is a lot longer in Trinidad.

I am staying positive. 2013-2014 were tough years for immigration and Trinidad was helping with a major backlog. I am just hopeful that the situation has stabilized in 2014-2015 and that the overall process is faster. I will keep you posted.

Thank you!

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Mawning JamFam!

I would like to say good luck to Leshatesha for the interview today !! Thinking of u guys and sending positive vybz !! ;)

GOOD LUCK!

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Hey Couples reunited in Canada!!

I was talking with somes of you in private on Facebook and we were sharing how adjustment goes and how it is since our hubbies is here in Canada and I realized that for everyone it is not always easy ! So I was thinking if you guys want to share the ``After-Landing Story``. Maybe it could help each other to manage the new life and live in harmony here in Canada! ;) What you guys thinking about it?

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
guyanese24 said:
HI all so here goes our landing story. This is hubby here and I will give a brief description on my experience. So the flight was very smooth coming from Guyana to Trinidad to Canada. I tried to sleep while flying but could not since I was calm but still full with excitement within...... Flight touched at Pearson Intl and here I am on Canada's ground for the first time...... Went through customs without any questions being asked and straight to immigration. I must admit I was still calm but was still expecting a speed bump somewhere along the line. So I am at immigration and the female officer asked 4 questions. Who sponsored you, what's your address, what's your telephone # and how many dependants do I have. After answering her It was Welcome to Canada. I spent about 5 mins with immigration and that was the smoothest flight and interview process ever. So as I was heading out of the terminal I say lights flashing into my eyes and guess who it was......... WIFEY lol. Then and only then did I break into a smile as I was greeted with a big hug, kisses and flowers oh not forgetting a jacket for the cold.
Hi all wife here so as the day began I was already running late with everything. Even though I knew I was ahead of time it felt like I was rushing. I was tracking his flight before it even left Guyana and kept checking for updates. So as I arrived at the airport and anxiously / patiently waiting for hubby as my phone was blowing up with numerous messages from so many friends and family asking IS HE HERE IS HE HERE? I kept trying to give everyone an update but was just praying that they don't ask him much questions and just send him out. After about 30mins wait there comes my tall dark and handsome chocolate. Lol as I flashed some pix of him to send as confirmation that he's here. We hugged kissed and journeyed home where I had a welcome to Canada cake waiting for him along with family to greet him. Thus far the transition has been going smoothly and we will be looking after all necessary documentation during the week. After knowing each other for 19years plus and being together for 3 year we are very happy to start this journey in our life. It just feels so amazing that hubby is not here on a vacation and is here permanently. Thanks to all who have made this process so easy during our times of trials even though we know our processing time was fast compared to other. Cantrini,meljam, b, you all are awesome, I wish if I could mention all the names of everyone but you all know yourselves. Just know that we will be here to assist anyone with questions and those waiting “we will continue to add you to our prayers” NOTHING BUT LOVE AND SUPPORT....MR & MRS. H (aka Guyanese 24)
Congratulations Guyanese!!

Welcome/Bienvenue to Canada Mr. Guyanese!!