Med's Done....
June 11 2014
Interview........
Nope
Passport Req..
February 25 2016
solkaman said:
with your original permanent residence/sponsorship application? 8 pics
thanks for ur response...that's what I thought all along but I checked CIC webpage about 2 days ago and the immigrant check list now says 4....im going to send 8 just in case.

guyanese24

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014 (return as cic updated 2 forms) resummited -Sept 09th 2014- All fees were paid, medical,police check,skype,photos etc summited with app.
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Oct 23, 2014- Sponsor Approved Letter
File Transfer...
Sept 09th 2014, Husband got email Nov 3rd,2014 from POS stating they have recieved his app.
Med's Request
Medical Recieved by POS Dec 2014-In Process Dec 11th 2014
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
Dec-16-2014- Thank you God (CIC Receive passport dec 18th)
VISA ISSUED...
Feb -05-15, Passport in hand Feb 12th 2015
LANDED..........
Pending - March 07th 2015
Hubby have arrived ;D ;D ;D ;D

solkaman

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston via Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-14
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
March 10 2015
File Transfer...
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-07-14
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-04-15
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2015
wow Guyanese24, congrats! That was so fast. Where did you send your application from?

guyanese24

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014 (return as cic updated 2 forms) resummited -Sept 09th 2014- All fees were paid, medical,police check,skype,photos etc summited with app.
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Sept 09th 2014, Husband got email Nov 3rd,2014 from POS stating they have recieved his app.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
solkaman said:
wow Guyanese24, congrats! That was so fast. Where did you send your application from?
Our file was transfer to Port of Spain, and yes we cant stop thanking God for this , as we never go 5 months without seeing each other, and this is just in time, as I was there in October. ;D

solkaman

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-14
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
March 10 2015
File Transfer...
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-07-14
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-04-15
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2015
great Guyanese. I was wondering where the sponsor is from?

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
solkaman said:
so when your status changes to "in process", where are they at in your file exactly? Have they finished going through it? Have they ruled out an interview? What more needs to happen before it goes to decision made?
solkaman - with regard to your question about the interview - the answer is yes, an interview is waived (ruled out) if your status on ecas has changed to "in process".

After a file goes to "in process" this means CIC is getting close to finishing your file. In other words this means that your file has passed all eligibility criteria - security checks, they believe your marriage is genuine, medical clearance and no interview.

The next steps after this will be getting the passport request (PPR) and then the visa issued. As sammy mentioned though, it could be weeks or months still, even after the PPR. Maybe if you look at your thread's spreadsheet that may give you some ideas of timelines. The important thing after going to "in process" will be for your spouse to check e-mail and all junk mail folders and answer all private or unknown callers while you folks are waiting to get the passport request (PPR).

Ecas is pretty unreliable as it is not always updated in a timely fashion or often not at all. Sometimes it never goes to "decision made" or it can happen days or weeks after the visa is issued. The other important thing is to get back to the visa office quickly once they request the passport and any other items they may request that may be outstanding. Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
JamaicanSnowflake said:
Not sure if anyone can help, here's the deal, after two years we finally received the Decree Absolute from the courts. He had been separated for over three years and it took use two years to finalize the divorce. Now the Clerk from the court I "think" is trying to hustle us but not sure so I bring it here. He states that the divorce papers we have wont be accepted by the embassy cause the are not certified???? he needs 10,000$JAto do so hhhhmmm.
Snowflake.......you are right to question this possible "hustle". To the best of my knowledge immigration only needs to see a regular (not certified) original or a photocopy of the Decree Absolute. The only thing I sent in as an original in our package was our wedding certificate and we got that back along with all of our other documents ( I also had extra copies of everything - nothing was certified). If CIC (embassy, consulate, visa office) wants to see an original they will usually let you know. It is not up to the clerk at the court. ???

Unless anyone here on this thread with experience or someone directly from the Kingston visa office tells you differently, then do not pay. I believe this info. is also in the "country" guide for filling out your application so I am sure you can confirm this online. Hopefully another member will chime in on this too. Blessings.

TheMitchells

Feb 24, 2015
Hello Everyone, hope all are well and keeping their spirits up! I am currently writing this post from my bed and I can finally look over to my husband next to me!!!!! Such an amazing feeling I can barely stand it, so here is our landing story....

So a little history, I me my husband 3 years ago I Kingston, we did the long distance for months at a time only seeing each other when I was able to make it back down to Jamaica because each time we tried for a visitor visa he was denied...3 times!!! Well by that time we knew we wanted to be together for the rest of our lives we decided to get married, I knew h was Mr. Forever so whether we were married in Jamaica or Canada it didn't matter to me. I had to leave 5 days after the wedding to go back to Canada, alone, yet again but this time we knew we could apply for the Spousal Visa and I got right on it the second I landed haha. It took about a month for me to gather all information, pictures, paperwork, documents and finally sent our application in. I flew down about 6 months later on and hope and a prayer that while I was down in Jamaica he would be approved and obtain the PR so we could travel back together. During this waiting time he was able to obtain an American Travel Visa so we planned a trip to Florida to visit my brother and his wife, I would stay in America while he went back to Jamaica and return to work while we waited for "the call". I should note our status changed to in process right before left for America so we knew things were moving behind the scenes. SO EXCITED yet made the waiting even harder some how haha.

When he returned back to Jamaica from America not even two days later he got the call from a local number he didn't recognize and sure enough asked for passport which he left work instantly to grab from home to send in. He received it back through DHL about 11 business days later and instantly started looking at flights. We booked him one to meet me in Florida so we could fly back to Canada together. He landed in Florida on the 5th and we flew out the night of the 6th. Our flight was supposed to be from Florida to Toronto, then over to Calgary then finally Comox on Vancouver Island....however it didn't quite go as planned haha does it ever?? We took off Friday night and landed on Toronto to COLD weather and a very quick and friendly landing process. It was 1am and it was totally dead in there so we walked right in, answered a few questions signed some papers and were on our way, we made it wayyy bigger in our heads than it turned out to be, well I as the wife did anyways, my husband was cool as ever haha. It was nice to actually go through the process with him and translate a few times along the way haha.

We had a 6 hour lay over so were able to venture outside and my husband was SHOCKED by the coolness, I was too actually, being from the west coast Ive never experienced cold weather like that before and cold barely breathe haha. We of course ran back inside and hallelujah Timmies was open and got ourselves a nice hot drink to gulp down fairly quickly. It was amazing to see him experience all these things for the first time, see his reactions to everything. We were so antsy on getting home and as 6am approached and we got ready to board the next plane they announced it was cancelled! I was on edge of course but once again my husband was so cool about everything, probably just so thankful to even be in Canada. We thankfully got re directed. We had to fly to Vancouver then back to Edmonton then finally into Comox....longest day of my life but how could I even complain really!? Just kept looking at each other saying, PINCH ME, is this even real! He loved how everyone was so friendly and nice, which after living down in Jamaica for a year, yes, it is completely different! My experience anyways. We flew over the now capped rockies and he was just in complete awe! We finally were on the plane from Edmonton to home and I think that's when it really sank in for me, I must have broke down every other minute, just so thankful for everything God had prepared in His perfect way to be finally HOME. We landed and were greeted by a very tearful family, Mom Dad, Sister Brother in Law and my two nephews who were beyond excited to see their new uncle. We just hugged and Thanked the Lord and took the moment in. My family had prepared a huge BBQ and even though we hadn't slept in almost 24 hours, and had to take 4 different planes to arrive it didn't even matter, we went to the house, had food and drinks, bon fire in the back yard(not the type for the sole purpose of burning garbage) which was what my husband had always envisioned haha and we had the most amazing time. I got to see my husband in a jacket, toque and gloves which was totally different and totally adorable at the same time haha.

Its been almost 48 hour since we landed and I still don't think its really sunk in. I wake up at night and the feeling you get when you can look over and he is there, or reach out and touch him is nothing I could explain to anyone, and I know you all can relate which is why this forum has been so important to us. This whole process has been so trying at times and I am so thankful its over and we can officially start the next chapter of our lives and not just make plans for the future but actually act on them together in the same place( like making babies now haha) is just such a blessing. We will be sure to check in and give updates, if there is anything or any insight we can give anyone else please don't hesitate to get in touch.

ps I never thought Id think someone snoring would be so comforting until tonight as l I look over at my husband passed out beside me :p

We have tons to explore and start and will for sure keep in touch and

jamesyboo

Feb 10, 2015
impatientgirl said:
I am so pissed off angry frustrated mad everything at this damn process I wish they could either send a respond to say the reject the process so I can move on with my life or they just approved the damn thing, they requested police clearance in December and they received it on the 12 of January, I email them asking for more indept details on my process and these people are gonna let me know they are still waiting on PC, so I wrote them an email to let them know who received it and the day n time It was received, I am loosing my mind here, my husband is here in jamaica visiting me n our son, he leaves on Saturday and he was hoping to hear some good news, my faith is so low I feel like giving up n don't care anymore, port of Spain I thought would process faster but I guess I was fooling myself

I just wanna hear something am tired of all this waiting n wondering when will this end
I know exactly how you feel I filed for my husband oct of 2013, POS has my file since January 9, 2015. They sent back the police record check for my husband to sign it because they said he forgot. I dont understand why they sent it regular mail and npw we have been waiting one whole month for the mail and we can't see it.. They have all his documents so we can't request another check. I have emailed them to ask what the next step would be and there has been no response so far. I have no clue whats foing on and what to do it's so frustrating.

guyanese24

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
HI all so here goes our landing story. This is hubby here and I will give a brief description on my experience. So the flight was very smooth coming from Guyana to Trinidad to Canada. I tried to sleep while flying but could not since I was calm but still full with excitement within…… Flight touched at Pearson Intl and here I am on Canada’s ground for the first time…… Went through customs without any questions being asked and straight to immigration. I must admit I was still calm but was still expecting a speed bump somewhere along the line. So I am at immigration and the female officer asked 4 questions. Who sponsored you, what’s your address, what’s your telephone # and how many dependants do I have. After answering her It was Welcome to Canada. I spent about 5 mins with immigration and that was the smoothest flight and interview process ever. So as I was heading out of the terminal I say lights flashing into my eyes and guess who it was……… WIFEY lol. Then and only then did I break into a smile as I was greeted with a big hug, kisses and flowers oh not forgetting a jacket for the cold.
Hi all wife here so as the day began I was already running late with everything. Even though I knew I was ahead of time it felt like I was rushing. I was tracking his flight before it even left Guyana and kept checking for updates. So as I arrived at the airport and anxiously / patiently waiting for hubby as my phone was blowing up with numerous messages from so many friends and family asking IS HE HERE IS HE HERE? I kept trying to give everyone an update but was just praying that they don’t ask him much questions and just send him out. After about 30mins wait there comes my tall dark and handsome chocolate. Lol as I flashed some pix of him to send as confirmation that he’s here. We hugged kissed and journeyed home where I had a welcome to Canada cake waiting for him along with family to greet him. Thus far the transition has been going smoothly and we will be looking after all necessary documentation during the week. After knowing each other for 19years plus and being together for 3 year we are very happy to start this journey in our life. It just feels so amazing that hubby is not here on a vacation and is here permanently. Thanks to all who have made this process so easy during our times of trials even though we know our processing time was fast compared to other. Cantrini,meljam, b, you all are awesome, I wish if I could mention all the names of everyone but you all know yourselves. Just know that we will be here to assist anyone with questions and those waiting “we will continue to add you to our prayers” NOTHING BUT LOVE AND SUPPORT….MR & MRS. H (aka Guyanese 24)

Leshatesha

Star Member
Jul 14, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have emailed and courier mailed the RPRF since March 5. I have misplaced the tracking number. Should I resend the reciept again by mail. I called today and they stated they still have not updated their system

solkaman

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-14
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
March 10 2015
File Transfer...
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-07-14
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-04-15
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2015
Thank you Cdnandtrini. This is helpful.

I was also wondering if the process would be longer or shorter knowing that my sponsored husband has never traveled outside of Jamaica before.... would you know the answer to that?

JamaicanSnowflake

Aug 20, 2013
Quebec
CdnandTrini said:
Snowflake.......you are right to question this possible "hustle". To the best of my knowledge immigration only needs to see a regular (not certified) original or a photocopy of the Decree Absolute. The only thing I sent in as an original in our package was our wedding certificate and we got that back along with all of our other documents ( I also had extra copies of everything - nothing was certified). If CIC (embassy, consulate, visa office) wants to see an original they will usually let you know. It is not up to the clerk at the court. ???

Unless anyone here on this thread with experience or someone directly from the Kingston visa office tells you differently, then do not pay. I believe this info. is also in the "country" guide for filling out your application so I am sure you can confirm this online. Hopefully another member will chime in on this too. Blessings.
Thank you, I also called a lawyer and confirmed that it in deed was just a hustle.

Sara8513

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18th 2015
Doc's Request.
Additional proof of relationship requested at interview
AOR Received.
March 28th 2015
File Transfer...
May 20th 2015
Med's Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
March 15th 2015
Interview........
December 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
January 27th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
February 12th 2016
LANDED..........
March 16th 2016
Hello!

I need some advice on my application.

Did you guys do your med checks before filing or after?

Does it make a difference?

I was told to not do it as they expire and now that my package is finally ready to go I am scared that I should be doing them.

Please advise as I am Soo ready to finally mail this out but I want to do everything as best as I can.

Thanks