20-11-2014
Passport Req..
26-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2015
LANDED..........
31-01-2015
guyanese24 said:
lol I feel your frustration. We emailed then since 13th but no answer. Pray they reply to you.
Frig really.. Everytime I've emailed them I've gotten a reply.. If they don't reply to me that'll driver nuts

CocoVanilla

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07JAN14
AOR Received.
12FEB14 (Sponsorship Approval)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03DEC14
VISA ISSUED...
05DEC14 (passport returned 19DEC14)
LANDED..........
20DEC14
Hello JamFam... It's been a while!

I'm finally catching up on reading the forum and it's so exciting to see all the movement!! Congrats to everyone who has gone In Process, Decision Made or had passports requested. Lots of recent landings too, which is so awesome! (will post my landing story next!)

Seems like we need to start a new chant for the passports to be returned from POS. Hang in here just a wee bit longer. Can't remember who said it, but I believe it's true that each stage of the process is a little bit harder than the previous one, and waiting on the passport to be returned is excruciating!!

Let's go Port of Spain !!!
Send those passports back by the end of this week !!!

guyanese24

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014 (return as cic updated 2 forms) resummited -Sept 09th 2014- All fees were paid, medical,police check,skype,photos etc summited with app.
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Oct 23, 2014- Sponsor Approved Letter
File Transfer...
Sept 09th 2014, Husband got email Nov 3rd,2014 from POS stating they have recieved his app.
Med's Request
Medical Recieved by POS Dec 2014-In Process Dec 11th 2014
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
Dec-16-2014- Thank you God (CIC Receive passport dec 18th)
VISA ISSUED...
Feb -05-15, Passport in hand Feb 12th 2015
LANDED..........
Pending - March 07th 2015
stacyr320 said:
Frig really.. Everytime I've emailed them I've gotten a reply.. If they don't reply to me that'll driver nuts
don't know why they have not replied but we are patiently waiting for the PP return.

MrsK

Dec 5, 2014
I'm waiting on Kingston, same situation there, they have had our passport since Dec 11, three emails, no responses

CocoVanilla

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07JAN14
AOR Received.
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03DEC14
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
20DEC14
Landing Story:

So after seeing Decision Made on December 9th, I booked hubby a ticket to fly a week later, as it used to be that you could count on the passport being sent back within a few days of seeing DM. Well... Kingston had other plans!! Even though the issue date on his visa was Dec 5th, they decided not to send it back until Friday Dec 19th. After a week of hardcore DHL stalking, I was feeling so defeated knowing that he couldn't pick up the passport until the following Monday.

Christmas was coming, I was already on vacation from work, airline seats were filling up... arghhhh I was so frustrated so I called back to DHL about 3 more times that day and finally got someone who would help me out!! The arrangement was for hubby to go to the DHL office in Mobay on Saturday morning at 10 am to get his passport.

Mr. CV went there at around 9:30 am... The DHL guy was late and arrived at 11 am!! I was soooo nervous that he wouldn't show up at all and we would have to change his ticket again!! What a relief when hubby finally called to say passport was in hand and all was good!!

Next came me being nervous about him making the connection in Toronto. He only had 1 hour 20 minutes to connect cuz the flight was delayed a little. Luckily he had purchased a roaming plan from Digicel before he left. He was able to call me when he got to the baggage carousel so I wasn't losing my mind wondering what was happening!! lol

It took him all of about 5 minutes to do customs and the landing process!! I was so surprised. I told him not to bother with the SIN application at the airport since he didn't have much time between flights.

He made the connection no problem and then came the loooooong wait for him to come through the doors in Calgary. My son and I were there about half an hour before he landed. The passengers were directed to the international arrivals area by mistake so we finally found him at the baggage carousel about 30 minutes after he arrived. That feeling of hugging him for the first time on Canadian soil was sooooooooo amazing. My son took pictures of us and it was just a really sweet moment to see him standing there right in front of me in Canada!!

It's hard to believe that he has already been here for a month. He has settled in nicely and I really feel blessed at how smoothly the transition is going. He started a job last week and he's loving it. He started driving also and he is hoping to do his road test in the next month or so.

Just want to say a huge HUGE thank you to everyone on this forum who has kept me sane in this horrible process.

A big welcome to all the new members too. Stick around, support each other, stay positive! Hope I can "pay it forward" and help the way others have helped me.

CocoVanilla

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07JAN14
AOR Received.
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03DEC14
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
20DEC14
MrsK said:
I'm waiting on Kingston, same situation there, they have had our passport since Dec 11, three emails, no responses
Let's go Kingston..... Make MrsK's day!!!

Keep the chants going.............

Tran Quang

Jan 21, 2015
Hi

I m Canadian and I m in the process to sponsor my wife from Jamaica to Quebec. We received the CSQ already and we are waiting for the Resident Permanent.
So far the Permanent Residence Application Status on my application is still Application Received : 1.We received xxx's application for permanent residence on June 13, 2014.
Do you know how long (in average) it ll take to process and how long in total my wife will receive the Resident Permanent acceptance in order to enter Canada.

Thanks in advance

Quang

MrsK

Dec 5, 2014
Cocoavanilla, great landing story, made me tear up and so happy for you things are going so well, thanks for the support, I am feeling so frustrated and defeated right now

bieraumane

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2013
Doc's Request.
September 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
December 18 2014
VISA ISSUED...
February 12 2015
LANDED..........
February 12 2015
Tran Quang said:
Hi

I m Canadian and I m in the process to sponsor my wife from Jamaica to Quebec. We received the CSQ already and we are waiting for the Resident Permanent.
So far the Permanent Residence Application Status on my application is still Application Received : 1.We received xxx's application for permanent residence on June 13, 2014.
Do you know how long (in average) it ll take to process and how long in total my wife will receive the Resident Permanent acceptance in order to enter Canada.

Thanks in advance

Quang
Dear Quang,
First welcome to JamFam, you will meet a lot of nice people that will help you the best they can during this long process.
Processing time vary, some got it in less than a year an some are up to 17 , 18, 19 months… If you did'nt have the propers documentation with the application, they will be some delays. Is seems that they are moving a bit faster lately but again who can be sure. You could have a better look on timing with the spreadsheet that this forum use, the members by the name of Meljam, and Sammystorm have the spreadsheet attached to their name, maybe in the same time give them your info and they will put it on.
Hope this help and welcom

Leshatesha

Star Member
Jul 14, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For members that have given birth through this application process, at what point in you pregnancy did you notify kingston?

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Leshatesha said:
For members that have given birth through this application process, at what point in you pregnancy did you notify kingston?
Mine was noted when I applied however since the baby will be Canadian you don't need to fill out any papers or anything. I let Kingston know when our daughter was born. Gave DOB, name etc but the only mention of her on our app or notes was that we had a baby while we were waiting for PR. The second pregnancy was noted as well but no mention of it on his last set of notes we received after we got PPR.

Leshatesha

Star Member
Jul 14, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sammystorm19 said:
Mine was noted when I applied however since the baby will be Canadian you don't need to fill out any papers or anything. I let Kingston know when our daughter was born. Gave DOB, name etc but the only mention of her on our app or notes was that we had a baby while we were waiting for PR. The second pregnancy was noted as well but no mention of it on his last set of notes we received after we got PPR.

I just found out :eek: :eek: :eek:. It's really early! Just wondering if I should send them, this info once I pass the first trimester

steen

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
April 23 2014
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
April 24 2014 for children
Med's Done....
June 2013. Now extended until April 30th 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 22 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 31/2015!!!!
hey Jam Fam! its been a while since I've posted, we FINALLY got the RCMP fingerprints sorted out and it arrived by purolator/ups yesterday morning. yay! there *should* be nothing left but to wait for PPR hopefully soon. Now today hubby got a call from kingston asking nothing but if he still lives at the same address. he confirmed he does and then he asked if everything is almost finished, and the reply he got from her was " we call you back when me ready fi you." Any one else have this happen? i just dont see why she would call for nothing but confirming his address. anyone have any insight? As excited as I was to hear that kingston called him it was very disapointing to find out that they stil didnt ask for his passport after all this time :(. *feeling very defeated :(

stacyr320

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
File Transfer...
08-01-2014
Med's Done....
08-01-2014
Interview........
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
26-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2015
LANDED..........
31-01-2015
Leshatesha said:
I sent them a letter from my doctor when I was about 6 months pregnant ....just saying my due date and stuff

stacyr320

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
File Transfer...
08-01-2014
Med's Done....
08-01-2014
Interview........
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
26-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2015
LANDED..........
31-01-2015
DECISION MADE!!!!! Omg so crazy and ironic cuz I just emailed Pos yesterday....