Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Never fear Jacwife your time is fast approaching!! Hang in there!

CanJam

Oct 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January.23, 2013
AOR Received.
March.4, 2013 (KGN)
File Transfer...
February.18, 2013
Med's Request
Re-do Medical & PC ( April 7, 2014)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 13, 2014
LANDED..........
16 months total
Congrats THOR.... Your journey is finally over!!!

I love landing stories, one if the reasons I still visit the JAMFAM from time to time 8)

To everyone still waiting, hang in their your time will come :-*

To all the Newbies, .... U are in Good Hands ;)

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Twoheartsonelove said:
Thanks CT! I hope to still post and be helpful to those going through this ridiculous process. Will also keep my JAMFAM and POSFAM posted on the post landing.
You are most welcome THOR and that's more great news to know you will still check in :). We are 13 months+ post-landing and after the initial honeymoon period (which was great btw) we had some pretty big bumps adjusting to some of the not so easy parts of settling in. It always helps to know we are not alone and some rough patches are normal. Support from those having walked a mile in the same shoes.....priceless. Blessings.

Mrs. Parkin

Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN then POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 30, 2014
AOR Received.
December 9, 2013
File Transfer...
October 17, 2013
Med's Request
Extended
Med's Done....
September 3, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 1, 2014
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY THOR!! I'm SO freakin' thrilled for you....

Teared up as usual!! That's such a wonderful landing story and brought me right back to mine! *tear!* So glad this is finally over for you petal! Love you girly!

Twoheartsonelove said:
Hello JAMFAM!! Hope that everyone is well and those still waiting that there process is nearing an end. I am happy and ecstatic to report that Mr THOR finally landed on Saturday, January 17th!!! The entire process since we got sponsorship approval to landing took 15 months and 5 days!!

The Lead Up....
Our ECAS went to "in process" on November 6th. We received PPR on December 3rd and he sent it in the next day. His passport got to POS on December 8th (bc of the weekend and it did take 2 business days to go to POS). We sent the PP to POS via FedEx and I set up an account for fedex so that we can provide a return waybill. We thought for sure he will be here for Christmas but POS had something else in mind. I did email them after a week and they emailed back to say that "they are working in a timely manner". So when we did not have the passport back by December 22nd I booked a flight for December 30th to go to JA to spend NYE with him. All the while I was there we were hoping and praying that we would have word that his PP would return in time for him to come home with me on January 10th. I returned on the 10th heart broken and sad. The next day Sunday 11th I half heartedly checked ECAS and was shocked and ecstatic to see we had gone to DECISION MADE...I did laugh hysterically bc of course it would happen the day after I returned. After waiting on pins and needles and checking fedex almost hourly on Wednesday, January 14th our fedex waybill went LIVE so then the tracking began. The PP made it to MoBay on Thursay afternoon and he picked up his PP on Friday 16th!!

The Landing Story...
Let me start by saying that Saturday, January 17th was the longest day E V E R....lol! He was booked on the 3:21 pm Westjet flight from MBJ to YYZ. He was packed and all ready to go for weeks with just a few last minute things to get together. He got to airport at Round noon and had a sad and teary eyed goodbye with his family. I assured his mom and sister that he will be in good hands here. He said that checking in and going through security was not a problem. He waited impatiently at gate for flight to leave and we spoke a few dozen times all day including when he was on the plane. He was nervous but excited as well. I was tracking the flight the whole way and was a nervous wreck waiting for him to land!! I got to the airport and his flight landed 10 minutes late. He had an entourage of my family and friends waiting for him as well and they were keeping me calm. I had booked his seat right at the front of the plane so think that helped him get through faster bc he came through those doors 40 minutes after the flight landed!!! I thought for sure it would be at least an hour. Phew good thing I didn't go later...hahaha! I told him to get off the plane and follow the crowd and look for the customs signs. He said ther was no line up for customs and then he went to secondary immigration to "LAND". They asked him a few questions....my name, where his canada address will be, has he ever been convicted of a crime, wedding date, etc. then they stamped his COPR (he had 2 copies one with pic and 1 without and they returned the one without the picture). They told him that he can go get his SIN at service canada bc they were not doing it that night. Not sure if it was bc it was late or a weekend? The officer then said the magic words "Welcome To Canada Mr THOR". Omg I teared up when he told me that part. FINALLY he comes strolling out those doors and we hugged and kissed and held each other for about 5 minutes until the entourage became impatient...lol! He hugged family and friends and I will admit that I couldn't stop smiling and holding his hand. We had brought him a very warm coat, scarf and gloves and headed out into r cold. Oh wait not until my brother in law bought him a Tim Hortons coffee in the airport bc nothing says Canada like a Timmies..haha! We headed home and had champagne, drinks and snacks waiting for us all. Everyone left after a while and I got to show him his new HOME!!! Suffice it to say that we are both so happy to finally be together and beginning the new chapter of our lives.

The Post Landing...
Sunday we slept in, went for a walk around the neighborhood, grocery shopping and just being together. Monday we went to get his SIN which was easy. Service Ontario to get him his photo ID and apply for OHIP nut you need something with his new address on it. So went to bank to get him a new bank account and they will mail him a statement and then we will go back to Service Omtario to try again. Shopping yesterday for a new coat and boots butit is slim pickings! This week I am fortunate enough to be home with him and we are sure will be bombarded with family and friends who want to see him and meet him.

Thank you my JAMFAM for all your support and encouraging words. This process was truly helped by you all. God Bless...

Cheers,
Mrs and Mr THOR

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Twoheartsonelove said:
Hello JAMFAM!! Hope that everyone is well and those still waiting that there process is nearing an end. I am happy and ecstatic to report that Mr THOR finally landed on Saturday, January 17th!!! The entire process since we got sponsorship approval to landing took 15 months and 5 days!!

The Lead Up....
Our ECAS went to "in process" on November 6th. We received PPR on December 3rd and he sent it in the next day. His passport got to POS on December 8th (bc of the weekend and it did take 2 business days to go to POS). We sent the PP to POS via FedEx and I set up an account for fedex so that we can provide a return waybill. We thought for sure he will be here for Christmas but POS had something else in mind. I did email them after a week and they emailed back to say that "they are working in a timely manner". So when we did not have the passport back by December 22nd I booked a flight for December 30th to go to JA to spend NYE with him. All the while I was there we were hoping and praying that we would have word that his PP would return in time for him to come home with me on January 10th. I returned on the 10th heart broken and sad. The next day Sunday 11th I half heartedly checked ECAS and was shocked and ecstatic to see we had gone to DECISION MADE...I did laugh hysterically bc of course it would happen the day after I returned. After waiting on pins and needles and checking fedex almost hourly on Wednesday, January 14th our fedex waybill went LIVE so then the tracking began. The PP made it to MoBay on Thursay afternoon and he picked up his PP on Friday 16th!!

The Landing Story...
Let me start by saying that Saturday, January 17th was the longest day E V E R....lol! He was booked on the 3:21 pm Westjet flight from MBJ to YYZ. He was packed and all ready to go for weeks with just a few last minute things to get together. He got to airport at Round noon and had a sad and teary eyed goodbye with his family. I assured his mom and sister that he will be in good hands here. He said that checking in and going through security was not a problem. He waited impatiently at gate for flight to leave and we spoke a few dozen times all day including when he was on the plane. He was nervous but excited as well. I was tracking the flight the whole way and was a nervous wreck waiting for him to land!! I got to the airport and his flight landed 10 minutes late. He had an entourage of my family and friends waiting for him as well and they were keeping me calm. I had booked his seat right at the front of the plane so think that helped him get through faster bc he came through those doors 40 minutes after the flight landed!!! I thought for sure it would be at least an hour. Phew good thing I didn't go later...hahaha! I told him to get off the plane and follow the crowd and look for the customs signs. He said ther was no line up for customs and then he went to secondary immigration to "LAND". They asked him a few questions....my name, where his canada address will be, has he ever been convicted of a crime, wedding date, etc. then they stamped his COPR (he had 2 copies one with pic and 1 without and they returned the one without the picture). They told him that he can go get his SIN at service canada bc they were not doing it that night. Not sure if it was bc it was late or a weekend? The officer then said the magic words "Welcome To Canada Mr THOR". Omg I teared up when he told me that part. FINALLY he comes strolling out those doors and we hugged and kissed and held each other for about 5 minutes until the entourage became impatient...lol! He hugged family and friends and I will admit that I couldn't stop smiling and holding his hand. We had brought him a very warm coat, scarf and gloves and headed out into r cold. Oh wait not until my brother in law bought him a Tim Hortons coffee in the airport bc nothing says Canada like a Timmies..haha! We headed home and had champagne, drinks and snacks waiting for us all. Everyone left after a while and I got to show him his new HOME!!! Suffice it to say that we are both so happy to finally be together and beginning the new chapter of our lives.

The Post Landing...
Sunday we slept in, went for a walk around the neighborhood, grocery shopping and just being together. Monday we went to get his SIN which was easy. Service Ontario to get him his photo ID and apply for OHIP nut you need something with his new address on it. So went to bank to get him a new bank account and they will mail him a statement and then we will go back to Service Omtario to try again. Shopping yesterday for a new coat and boots butit is slim pickings! This week I am fortunate enough to be home with him and we are sure will be bombarded with family and friends who want to see him and meet him.

Thank you my JAMFAM for all your support and encouraging words. This process was truly helped by you all. God Bless...

Cheers,
Mrs and Mr THOR
Yay!!! Bawling here. So happy to finally read this. It's now all over...or will be once his PR card arrives.

Welcome to Canada Mr Thor....we are happy you are finally here!

Mitchell‘s

Nov 22, 2014
OK so its been awhile since I've posted anything because basically there was nothing to post haha but I reced and email from CIC requesting the PR Fee within 30 days so they can finish processing the application. My heart is pretty much beating out of my chest because let's be honestly any communication from them.is better than nothing at all:)

So can anyone please tell me what to expect from here on out. I know we probably should have paid the entire fee at once but couldn't afford it at the time. Any insight will be MUCH APPRECIATED!

Oh and so excited for everyone who is getting that much closer to their own happy ever after!

Leshatesha

Star Member
Jul 14, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have never been able to access my husbands application online. I called CIC and was given the my client ID# number and file#. I finally was able to gain access. It says application recieved June 12, 2014. But we recieved a letter stating that the application was sent to kingston August 5, 2014. Why would this information not be updated?

suzanne2014

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2015 lost sent second one they recieved it May 13
AOR Received.
13-06-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
I need to know how to pay fees online because my debit/visa don't work.. does a prepaid visa work ???

stacyr320

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
File Transfer...
08-01-2014
Med's Done....
08-01-2014
Interview........
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
26-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2015
LANDED..........
31-01-2015
suzanne2014 said:
I need to know how to pay fees online because my debit/visa don't work.. does a prepaid visa work ???
Yes a prepaid visa will work

bieraumane

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2013
Doc's Request.
September 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
December 18 2014
VISA ISSUED...
February 12 2015
LANDED..........
February 12 2015
Congratulations twoheatrsonelove,
long life with this new chapeter

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Leshatesha said:
I have never been able to access my husbands application online. I called CIC and was given the my client ID# number and file#. I finally was able to gain access. It says application recieved June 12, 2014. But we recieved a letter stating that the application was sent to kingston August 5, 2014. Why would this information not be updated?
The first date is when the application was sent into Mississauga and when they received it. This is the sponsorship approval. The letter your received shows you the date that Kingston got your file to be processed for the PR part. The second date is when the countdown for stage two begins which is 27 months....don't stress about the 27 months though because it looks like Kingston is processing apps between 12-17 months....some are being done faster.

stacyr320

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
File Transfer...
08-01-2014
Med's Done....
08-01-2014
Interview........
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
26-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2015
LANDED..........
31-01-2015
Lol.. Ok I caved.. I just emailed POS asking how much longer my husbands passport is expected to be there .... Hate waiting

guyanese24

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014 (return as cic updated 2 forms) resummited -Sept 09th 2014- All fees were paid, medical,police check,skype,photos etc summited with app.
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Oct 23, 2014- Sponsor Approved Letter
File Transfer...
Sept 09th 2014, Husband got email Nov 3rd,2014 from POS stating they have recieved his app.
Med's Request
Medical Recieved by POS Dec 2014-In Process Dec 11th 2014
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
Dec-16-2014- Thank you God (CIC Receive passport dec 18th)
VISA ISSUED...
Feb -05-15, Passport in hand Feb 12th 2015
LANDED..........
Pending - March 07th 2015
stacyr320 said:
Lol.. Ok I caved.. I just emailed POS asking how much longer my husbands passport is expected to be there .... Hate waiting
lol I feel your frustration. We emailed then since 13th but no answer. Pray they reply to you.