+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

chnkymnky

May 1, 2014
Twoheartsonelove said:
Ssssooo very exciting!! Has your package started moving yet? It is in POS right? Did you send it by FedEx?
My package is in Kingston. We used fed ex--- I asked my hubby for a tracking number but he was so excited to send the passport and the way bill he doesn't know if they gave him one!!

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
chnkymnky said:
So many emotions Mel coursein through meh veins!!!!!
Omg I understand, I cant wait the passport to come back also!! I stalking DHL every hours lolll

Tell ur husband to call FedEx and with his info (receipt) they will tell him the tracking numbers....u should have 2 but now u only need the one for the return segment . ;)

Charlyn42

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-14
Doc's Request.
06-12-14
AOR Received.
05-04-14
File Transfer...
05-04-14
Med's Done....
Dec. 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-01-15
ballasgirl said:
OMG ;D PPR!!!!!!!!!! He went to the post office today and he received the letter requesting him to send his passport and photos.. they did send it on the 12th of November I guess but he only received it today?.... but either way AHHHHHHHHHHH PPR for him!!!
Congrats ballasgirl

Charlyn42

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-14
Doc's Request.
06-12-14
AOR Received.
05-04-14
File Transfer...
05-04-14
Med's Done....
Dec. 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-01-15
chnkymnky said:
ECAS changed this morning to decision made. Holy crap.... Holy crap!!!!!
congrats chnkymnky on DM, your spouse will be home to celebrate the holidays with you

suzanne2014

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2015 lost sent second one they recieved it May 13
AOR Received.
13-06-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
Hi I am new to this forum and I am sponsoring my husband he is from Jamaica and I am a Canadian citizen. My question is he has an exclusion order and is going back to his country Jan 12th and we are doing out of Canada sponsorship. When we send in the application and he gets his PR before his exclusion is up will he be allowed back or does he have to wait on the year he is excluded for to come back to Canada?
Also on the immigration site it says that processing times for Jamaica is 27 months for them to approve his PR to come to Canada and 58 days for me too be approved to be a sponsor . How long is it actually taking people from start to finish is it the 27 months + the 58 days or are people getting a shorter processing time??
I hope not that long!!

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
suzanne2014 said:
Hi I am new to this forum and I am sponsoring my husband he is from Jamaica and I am a Canadian citizen. My question is he has an exclusion order and is going back to his country Jan 12th and we are doing out of Canada sponsorship. When we send in the application and he gets his PR before his exclusion is up will he be allowed back or does he have to wait on the year he is excluded for to come back to Canada?
Also on the immigration site it says that processing times for Jamaica is 27 months for them to approve his PR to come to Canada and 58 days for me too be approved to be a sponsor . How long is it actually taking people from start to finish is it the 27 months + the 58 days or are people getting a shorter processing time??
I hope not that long!!
Hi Suzanne and welcome!
Theres no exclusion to travelling back to Jamaica and come back here. But theres a limit of time for the trip...I dont know exactly how many weeks allowed but he can go back to Jamaica and come back here to Canada.
I suggest you to clik on the link on my signature...this is the spreadsheet for the Jamfam forum and u will find out all the timelines of people here for the processing time. Each cases are different so you will see. And can you give me your timeline so I can add you to the spreadsheet. I need dates of -application sent, approval sponsorship, your province...thanks! :)

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
suzanne2014 said:
I hope not that long!!
Welcome to the JamFAM Suzanne. By exclusion order do you mean that he has been asked to leave Canada bc he has overstayed his allowance here? If so then there are a few different rules that will apply to him. Please provide more details and one of the members will come along and hopefully be able to answer your questions. As for timing on regular files it seems that people are getting through in about 12-15 months, however, lately KGN seems to be speeding up!

suzanne2014

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
13-06-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
He already has an exclusion order issued for over stay and he has to go back to Jamaica but I was wondering he has too go back for a year but if he gets approved for PR does he get to come back before his year is up?? :-[
Also he has an in Canada sponsorship in progress but it wont be approved by the time he leaves so I have too withdrawl my application and do an out of Canada sponsorship
does anyone know how long it takes too withdrawal my application??
Oh and Mel
I am sponsoring my husband and I live in alberta and we are doing a out of Canada spusal sponsorship not sent in yet! waiting on a few more documents than I am sending them in for out of Canada...

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
suzanne2014 said:
He already has an exclusion order issued for over stay and he has to go back to Jamaica but I was wondering he has too go back for a year but if he gets approved for PR does he get to come back before his year is up?? :-[
Also he has an in Canada sponsorship in progress but it wont be approved by the time he leaves so I have too withdrawl my application and do an out of Canada sponsorship
does anyone know how long it takes too withdrawal my application??
Oh and Mel
I am sponsoring my husband and I live in alberta and we are doing a out of Canada spusal sponsorship not sent in yet! waiting on a few more documents than I am sending them in for out of Canada...
Welcome!!

If he has a 1 year ban he won't be allowed back into Canada until that 1 year is up. They most likely won't start processing your application until near the end of the year ban. Also be prepared to get RCMP finger prints as he will need them since he was here for more than 6 month...if he was.

There was another member on here who's hubby had a one year ban and there application was finalized just after the ban was up however it took them a few months to get their passport back.

If you have an application within Canada you can switch it to outside Canada. You have to contact Cic to so so. The other option is to withdrawal and reapply but you start at the beginning again. You won't have to repay your fees though except the 75.00 sponsorship part. The wait time says 27 months but usually people don't wait that long. They seem to be processing the applications faster now...but remember you do have the 1 yr ban. The 58 days wait time for sponsorship approval is NOT included in the second stage wait time. So it's the 58 days plus the 27 months

suzanne2014

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
13-06-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
Ok I did withdrawal my application just now.. I emailed them.
I heard people are getting through a lot quicker. Also how come a few months for getting your passport? And where do you go too get your PR card once approved?

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
suzanne2014 said:
Ok I did withdrawal my application just now.. I emailed them.
I heard people are getting through a lot quicker. Also how come a few months for getting your passport? And where do you go too get your PR card once approved?
I don't know why it took them a few months to get their passport. Just worked out that way. Normally the passport comes back in a couple weeks. The PR card is mailed out to the Canadian address on the application. Supposed to come 6-8 weeks after they land however with everything immigration related can take longer

atclarke

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
jacwife said:
Hey, so sorry I haven't been on here in a while!!!... It's a 2000 Toyota Corolla. My hubby did a lot of work on it so it's in great shape... And he's near Ochi. Price is negotiable, your aunt would have to talk to my hubby. If you're interested I could give you his phone number and she could contact him.

hey atclarke, my aunt is looking to buy a car. can you give me the make, model and how old the vehicle. also the location and price if possible. I could tell my aunt and see if it is a good fit for her.

steen

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
April 23 2014
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
April 24 2014 for children
Med's Done....
June 2013. Now extended until April 30th 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 22 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 31/2015!!!!
suzanne2014 said:
I hope not that long!!
Welcome to the jamfam!

With a 1 year exclusion order if they complete his PR application before the 1 year is up they would have to do an arc (Authorization to return to Canada) which coats 400$ and are not easy to get. If you are reapplying I really wouldn't worry about that though it seems to be 12-14 months average processing times for straightforward cases. Although they do go longer (and sometimes but rarely shorter) And if ur hubby was in Canada 6+months (I'm assuming he was) Kingston will request he get fingerprints done which are then sent to the RCMP for an RCMP report. This can take about 4 months to get alone. ( my hubby needed an RCMP report and it took from June 3rd to sept 8th for RCMP to process it now we are still waiting because it is apparently lost between RCMP and Kingston somewhere...) But even if ur Hubby's doesn't get lost like ours ur looking at about 3-4 months for that from when they request it and they will probably request it when u go "In process". So I would say 58 days for SA then waiting for in process then after he submits docs and RCMP fingerprints anotjer 3-4 months+ finalizing time. When he leaves Jan 12th 2015 his exclusion order will be up Jan 13th 2016. So I wouldn't worry about the exclusion order since most people without the RCMP report get through around the 1 year mark chances are his 1 year will be up before PR is done.

suzanne2014

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
13-06-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
So the fingerprints are for what? Is it aside from there police certificate check?? And for the fingerprints that's going too add more months too the processing time? frig I'm a single mother of 4 Small kids this is killing me! I can't do this on my own I need the second income..and he's guareented a full time job when he gets back Grrrr!

steen

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
April 23 2014
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
April 24 2014 for children
Med's Done....
June 2013. Now extended until April 30th 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 22 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 31/2015!!!!
suzanne2014 said:
So the fingerprints are for what? Is it aside from there police certificate check?? And for the fingerprints that's going too add more months too the processing time? frig I'm a single mother of 4 Small kids this is killing me! I can't do this on my own I need the second income..and he's guareented a full time job when he gets back Grrrr!
Yes there is a police certificate check (checks his criminal record in Jamaica) and the fingerprints are sent to RCMP in Canada to check his criminal record in Canada. Was he in Canada 6+ months at any time? Trust me I no it sucks! We've been waiting 17+ months now and are dealing with a lost RCMP report :( . we also have a little one that I take care of in Canada with me and I support us all on a p.t. income. It is definitely not easy at all! Hopefully yours goes faster!! Pm me if you want :)