April 24 2014 for children
Med's Done....
June 2013. Now extended until April 30th 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 22 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 31/2015!!!!
sammystorm19 said:
PRESSURE your MP!! I had to do this last year when Kingston told us that our medical was lost. I called/emailed every day until something was done. Kingston told me that the medical was lost, called my hubby and told him to call the Dr and Mississauga to get the info to resend and then turned around and told my MP that they didn't say it lost. I have it all in an email. If you MP won't do anything do to another MP or even the oppisite party leader.

This is your life that they are dealing with and when you get the run around it causes even more stress. I know all about it.....believe me. It's hard enough when you can't do anything to help the situation but there are people out there that can help.

Also - don't apologize for being frustrated at all. We have all been there...doesn't matter how long the wait time.
Thanks Sammy! Your right they are messing around with my life and its just wrong! I'll be calling my mp back (its someone who works in the office who deals with it not the actual mp) so we will see what she has to say. I didn't no I could go to a different mp??

Jessie2014

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 29, 2014
Doc's Request.
Additional photos, police clearance and FBI redo requested February 17, 2015/FBI REDO SINCE FIRST TWO WERE INCORRECT. RECEIVED IN MARCH 29
File Transfer...
July 24, 2014
Med's Done....
March 26, 2014 (Received as per CIC)
Passport Req..
July 24, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 4, 2015
Woohoo congrats on all the movement. KGN and POS are moving like ants.

You know what I would LOVE....email and text notifications when the status on ecas has changed. My hubby recently changed phones and called me to set it up email again on his phone. I'm super nervy about missing a single correspondence. Lawd...ever since the spreadsheet updates and movement, I've been checking my account nonstop. I pray for speedy and positive news for us all.

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
istheendnear said:
Hi all !

Been out of commission and sooo busy lately I have not had time to hop on here and get updated with everyone to see how things are going.

For us, after a nightmare with flights (they booked hubbys flight correct and assured ours were correct - for nov 25th but booked hubby in on nov 25th and the rest of us on dec 25th :,( so after more cost and finding this out the night before we flew out we got it fixed!), we returned home during wee hours of Nov 26th. We came off the plane and went through all security and customs as a family ( I filled out the forms on the plane specifically so that I did not have to wait with three kids alone with all luggage and still not feeling 100%) and everything went soooo smoothly and we were out very quick! My sister being 8 months preg and my dad picked us all up and were very excited and preggers being emotional ;) we came home had a couple hours sleep then headed back in to town and surprised my mom at her work and alot of tears were shed by family, my mom and her coworkers even lol. Time has been "weird" at home with nothing to worry about with paperwork-we feel lost!! But on Sunday my sister(who was pregnant) had a pain in her stomach so I went up to get her checked at hospital and sure enough she was in labour (4 weeks early) and I got to witness it all!! My first niece was born on my side ;D I sure am one proud auntie!!!! So with that keeping us busy we have also filed for health card and sin card and hubby starts a new job monday! The farm he was on previous were slave drivers so it is very exciting! Life is coming into place soo well and with the help of prayers and God all things are possible! Keep your faith all whom are still waiting for sure. Everything truly does happen for a reason and we learned this time and time again over the past couple months.
A weight is lifted off our shoulders and we are taking things as they come because hey, if we can make it through this dreaded process we can make it through anything!!
Thanks be to God and to everyone on this forum! :-*
Welcome / Bienvenue to Canada Mr. ITEN!!!

Lovely landing story sweetie you really did have a whirlwind of a time getting him here even to the very end. Now your family is complete including a brand new niece. Wishing you all a lifetime of happiness and joy. Please keep us posted on his (re)adjustment to life in Canada.

steen

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
April 23 2014
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
April 24 2014 for children
Med's Done....
June 2013. Now extended until April 30th 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 22 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 31/2015!!!!
OK so I've written an email to be sent out to Kingston/my MPs office/ RCMP office. With all the details. Although I'm still upset so would either Sammy or Thor or any of our senior members mind if I could pm the email to you please? I'm worried it may be to harsh sounding and the last thing I want to do is make Kingston angry.

CeCe la Belle

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2013
Doc's Request.
November 6, 2014
File Transfer...
October 25, 2013
Med's Done....
August 2013
Passport Req..
November 6, 2014
Congrats istheendnear and atclarke!!!

Does anyone have an estimated time on how long after DM you're supposed to get your passport/letter or both? Tracking number still not active, gonna call FedEx again to make sure and check back in and let y'all know what they said. Good luck again everyone :-*

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
steen said:
OK so I've written an email to be sent out to Kingston/my MPs office/ RCMP office. With all the details. Although I'm still upset so would either Sammy or Thor or any of our senior members mind if I could pm the email to you please? I'm worried it may be to harsh sounding and the last thing I want to do is make Kingston angry.
You can PM it to me...like I said I have been through this run around with Kingston before.

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
steen said:
yes of course you can PM it to me and I will have a read through it.

CeCe la Belle

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2013
Doc's Request.
November 6, 2014
File Transfer...
October 25, 2013
Med's Done....
August 2013
Passport Req..
November 6, 2014
checked .....nada......nothing going on. Let's hope to hear more good news for everyone else though, Steen goodluck and sammy I hope you can give more help than what she getting elsewhere. Keep me posted ;D

CocoVanilla

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07JAN14
AOR Received.
12FEB14 (Sponsorship Approval)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03DEC14
VISA ISSUED...
05DEC14 (passport returned 19DEC14)
LANDED..........
20DEC14
MelJam said:
Spreadsheet updated !!

Atclarke sent in passport on Nov 21 Decision made Nov 28 Passport returned Dec 2...so theres hope that u will get back ur passport in less than 2 weeks! ;) Fingers crossed !
Thanks MelJam!
Fingers and toes are crossed!!! :)

CocoVanilla

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07JAN14
AOR Received.
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03DEC14
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
20DEC14
ITEN: Congrats on hubby landing!

Steen: I really hope your MP can get to the bottom of this mess! So unfair!! Hang in there.

Jessie2014: I believe there is an app you can get on your phone that will check ECAS for you daily, and email you if there are any updates. I have never tried it, but maybe someone else here knows more about it.

THOR: He only got a phone call, no email. Wish he would have gotten something by email too, so we would know for sure! I have never had much luck with the CIC call centre, but I'm on hold right now to ask about landing without a valid police report. I guess technically he WILL be landing with a valid police report... it's just that it will be in his hand, not attached to his file in Kingston!! :)

Keeping the PPR chant going for everyone else who is waiting...

PPR !!! PPR !!! PPR !!! PPR !!! PPR !!! PPR !!!

CocoVanilla

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07JAN14
AOR Received.
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03DEC14
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
20DEC14
Ok well the answer from the call centre agent was very encouraging... Let's just hope he knows what he's talking about!!

He said that the visa officers will assess each file on a case by case basis. If they do not have a reason to believe the applicant has been involved in any criminal activity, they will not request a new police report, even if the original one has expired. He told me not to worry about it at all. Easier said than done... but I do feel a little better. :)

Charlyn42

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-14
Doc's Request.
06-12-14
AOR Received.
05-04-14
File Transfer...
05-04-14
Med's Done....
Dec. 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-01-15
CocoVanilla said:
Thanks for the replies....
Feeling so stressed but trying not to freak out!! :)
Believe me I asked my hubby at least 10 times if he was sure that all they wanted was the passport and the return air waybill and he assured me that was the case. No police report and no other updated forms were requested.
His police report is ready to be picked up today (we did it 4 weeks ago).
After much debating, we decided to just send the passport immediately (on Wednesday) rather than wait for the police report.

I tried to find some info on the CIC website about landing with a valid police report but I couldn't find anything. Does anyone know where this info can be found in writing? Hoping and praying that they won't ask for it now but if they do we are prepared to send it.
Congrats on PPR CocoV, so happy for you. Just received an email from Kingston stating that they have gotten my RPRF, hopefully they will send out PPR early next week. I'm going to visit my hubby on Dec. 19 - Jan 3, 2015, don't want PPR while i'm away.

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Charlyn42 said:
Congrats on PPR CocoV, so happy for you. Just received an email from Kingston stating that they have gotten my RPRF, hopefully they will send out PPR early next week. I'm going to visit my hubby on Dec. 19 - Jan 3, 2015, don't want PPR while i'm away.
why not?? u would had the chance to travelling with him back home!!!!! nuh true??

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
istheendnear said:
Hi all !

Been out of commission and sooo busy lately I have not had time to hop on here and get updated with everyone to see how things are going.

For us, after a nightmare with flights (they booked hubbys flight correct and assured ours were correct - for nov 25th but booked hubby in on nov 25th and the rest of us on dec 25th :,( so after more cost and finding this out the night before we flew out we got it fixed!), we returned home during wee hours of Nov 26th. We came off the plane and went through all security and customs as a family ( I filled out the forms on the plane specifically so that I did not have to wait with three kids alone with all luggage and still not feeling 100%) and everything went soooo smoothly and we were out very quick! My sister being 8 months preg and my dad picked us all up and were very excited and preggers being emotional ;) we came home had a couple hours sleep then headed back in to town and surprised my mom at her work and alot of tears were shed by family, my mom and her coworkers even lol. Time has been "weird" at home with nothing to worry about with paperwork-we feel lost!! But on Sunday my sister(who was pregnant) had a pain in her stomach so I went up to get her checked at hospital and sure enough she was in labour (4 weeks early) and I got to witness it all!! My first niece was born on my side ;D I sure am one proud auntie!!!! So with that keeping us busy we have also filed for health card and sin card and hubby starts a new job monday! The farm he was on previous were slave drivers so it is very exciting! Life is coming into place soo well and with the help of prayers and God all things are possible! Keep your faith all whom are still waiting for sure. Everything truly does happen for a reason and we learned this time and time again over the past couple months.
A weight is lifted off our shoulders and we are taking things as they come because hey, if we can make it through this dreaded process we can make it through anything!!
Thanks be to God and to everyone on this forum! :-*
Yesss yessss so happy for u both and ur beautiful kids!!!!! :-* :-* :-*

Charlyn42

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-14
Doc's Request.
06-12-14
AOR Received.
05-04-14
File Transfer...
05-04-14
Med's Done....
Dec. 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-01-15
MelJam said:
why not?? u would had the chance to travelling with him back home!!!!! nuh true??
Actually Mel, my hubby lives in canada. He's sponsoring me, so if i'm in canada and gets PPR, i won't be able to send it until i return to Ja. in January :(.