+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

atclarke

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
MelJam said:
Im traumatized about the 8 months !! Who got news within 8 months in that forum!? No one I think !!
I did.. im pregnant and they denied my husband a visitors visa to see our daughters birth in February so I contacted my local Member of Parliament to look into it. They contacted Kingston and got our application opened. They requested the RPRF a couple days later and now it says in process. They didn't request anything else though.

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
sammystorm19 said:
Don't be traumatized at all hun. She could be in process because they requested the RPRF and that could be the only reason. Has happened on here before. Check the spread sheet and you will see that many has gotten through in 8 months however that hasn't happened at in a long time because kingston SLACKED off!!!

I know what it is like seeing people get through or even hear anything and they applied after you. IT SUCKS but it happens. Chin up hun...you will hear something soon...XOXOXO
Yea I saw some but as you said, it happends a long time ago....

I know what you have been through, you are my hero ! I don't even know how you managed that girl, am only at 11 months, almost 1 year and I am so depressed and always got the blues since Christmas is coming up, I really dont feel to celebrate this year. :(

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
atclarke said:
I did.. im pregnant and they denied my husband a visitors visa to see our daughters birth in February so I contacted my local Member of Parliament to look into it. They contacted Kingston and got our application opened. They requested the RPRF a couple days later and now it says in process. They didn't request anything else though.
I contacted my MP in October and she could not do nothing for me. Only looked at my file saying they are analyzing eligibily right now. It will be a month Friday that I spoke to her. I ordered my notes also that I should receive next week.

Waiting is my ``favorite`` activity!

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
MelJam said:
Yea I saw some but as you said, it happends a long time ago....

I know what you have been through, you are my hero ! I don't even know how you managed that girl, am only at 11 months, almost 1 year and I am so depressed and always got the blues since Christmas is coming up, I really dont feel to celebrate this year. :(
Thanks Mel...but I just did what I needed to do for me, my daughter and hubby. It was hard especially with a child that DOESNT like to sleep and also being pregnant....but I wouldn't change anything. Just happy he is here now.

Christmas was like that for me as well. We had 3 of them apart and we now finally get to have one together

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
sammystorm19 said:
Thanks Mel...but I just did what I needed to do for me, my daughter and hubby. It was hard especially with a child that DOESNT like to sleep and also being pregnant....but I wouldn't change anything. Just happy he is here now.

Christmas was like that for me as well. We had 3 of them apart and we now finally get to have one together
It will be the best Christmas ever for you, and even better next year with the second baby ! :D

atclarke

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
MelJam said:
I contacted my MP in October and she could not do nothing for me. Only looked at my file saying they are analyzing eligibily right now. It will be a month Friday that I spoke to her. I ordered my notes also that I should receive next week.

Waiting is my ``favorite`` activity!
Sorry to hear :(... my MP actually contacted Kingston by email and they forwarded me all the communication

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Good morning Jam Fam!

Just wanted to pipe in and let you know that my hubby's ecas didn't change to 'in process' until after KG requested his passport. Trust me, you don't want to compare your process to mine! We waited 21 longggggggggggg months for no reason and everything was done on our file 11 months after we applied. Hmph! There was nothing in our notes and ecas wasn't updated until the bitter end.

Good luck to everyone still waiting; I know first-hand what a nightmare this process is...

Come on KG/POS -- REUNITE FAMILIES BEFORE THE HOLIDAYS!

Nev xo

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
atclarke said:
Sorry to hear :(... my MP actually contacted Kingston by email and they forwarded me all the communication
I think our MPs are "hit or miss". My MP literally completely ignored me. after MULTIPLE emails and phone calls to his office... just never responded back to me. Whatever, jerk. He could have at least told me there was nothing he can do.

You're very lucky atclarke, because to be very blunt and honest, Kingston and immigration could care less if you're pregnant. We've had a few of our members with dying family members, birth of their first child, everything and Kingston basically told their MPs "we'll get to it when we get it it". Please truly appreciate the fact that they are reviewing your file because most people are not nearly as lucky. I hope everything goes well for you.

MelJam... girl you will get that PPR when you least expect it... those of us who have received it can vouch. I can guarantee that you're never truly ready for it and you will go insane when you see it. You're time is coming, but not before it's your time, unfortunately. We will always be here and you can pitch a fit as much as you like about others seeing progress before you. It doesn't mean you're not happy for them, it just means that you are sad for you. It's allowed.

We are a family on here. That's the bottom line. :-*

Jamwife

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 28,2013
File Transfer...
July 17, 2013
Med's Done....
Apr 2013
Passport Req..
September 26, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 16, 2014
LANDED..........
November 1, 2014
HEy Jamfam.... hope everyone is enjoying this snowy monday
Just checking in, I am still around ..I have been so busy since hubby landed but glad to see so much movement in the past week.
Again Congrats Sammy, Happy that your lonely nights are over. Congrats to Canjam, istheendnear and Mrs P. as well (hope I didnt miss anyone)
THOR, Mel and lovingdhubby... PPR is on its way for you faithful ladies
Steen hold the faith girly and all the best Lexi everything will be fine for hubby's interview

As for me hubby has been here two weeks. He loves Canada. I keep asking if he wants to go back home and he says no so that means he is happy. He got a job on friday and today he has to take the bus on his own. I am a bit worried as i only showed him once, but i am sure he will be fine.

Praying for lots more good news for all those who are waiting. This process will make or break your marriage but once you are finally with your spouse it becomes a distance memory. Every stressed moment that we have been through is all worth it.

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
Jamwife said:
Just checking in, I am still around ..I have been so busy since hubby landed but glad to see so much movement in the past week.
Again Congrats Sammy, Happy that your lonely nights are over. Congrats to Canjam, istheendnear and Mrs P. as well (hope I didnt miss anyone)
Steen hold the faith girly and all the best Lexi everything will be fine for hubby's interview

As for me hubby has been here two weeks. He loves Canada. I keep asking if he wants to go back home and he says no so that means he is happy. He got a job on friday and today he has to take the bus on his own. I am a bit worried as i only showed him once, but i am sure he will be fine.

Praying for lots more good news for all those who are waiting. This process will make or break your marriage but once you are finally with your spouse it becomes a distance memory. Every stressed moment that we have been through is all worth it.
Thanks hun. Happy to see hubby adjusting..
the funniest thing my hubby keep asking how cold it is. .dwl I tell him.. it cold like wen yuh put ur hands in the fridge...dwl so they will all say their ok but in the mind probably saying it's cold as hell... lol but congrats again hun

Jamwife

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 28,2013
File Transfer...
July 17, 2013
Med's Done....
Apr 2013
Passport Req..
September 26, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 16, 2014
LANDED..........
November 1, 2014
lovindahubby said:
Thanks hun. Happy to see hubby adjusting..
the funniest thing my hubby keep asking how cold it is. .dwl I tell him.. it cold like wen yuh put ur hands in the fridge...dwl so they will all say their ok but in the mind probably saying it's cold as hell... lol but congrats again hun
Lol thats a good answer "it cold like wen yuh put ur hands in the fridge"
This morning he went out and cleaned the snow off my car and he said it wasnt cold but he will feel it today when he has to stand at the bus stop

atclarke

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Ninirae said:
I think our MPs are "hit or miss". My MP literally completely ignored me. after MULTIPLE emails and phone calls to his office... just never responded back to me. Whatever, jerk. He could have at least told me there was nothing he can do.

You're very lucky atclarke, because to be very blunt and honest, Kingston and immigration could care less if you're pregnant. We've had a few of our members with dying family members, birth of their first child, everything and Kingston basically told their MPs "we'll get to it when we get it it". Please truly appreciate the fact that they are reviewing your file because most people are not nearly as lucky. I hope everything goes well for you.

MelJam... girl you will get that PPR when you least expect it... those of us who have received it can vouch. I can guarantee that you're never truly ready for it and you will go insane when you see it. You're time is coming, but not before it's your time, unfortunately. We will always be here and you can pitch a fit as much as you like about others seeing progress before you. It doesn't mean you're not happy for them, it just means that you are sad for you. It's allowed.

I am very fortunate and do appreciate it. My MPs office told me Canada is really starting to crack down on the people that they've hired to work at the visa offices abroad because they're not following the procedures. One of my coworkers lived in Jamaica for 20 years and knew 3 separate officers that you could pay off to get your permanent residence approved ASAP. Then the rest of of who follow the law have to wait forever. It's disgusting... my MP gave me the Minister of Immigrations email (Chris Alexander) in Canada and told me to complain as well because it's not fair. How are peoples family members dying here and they won't put that case first? Insane.

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Ninirae said:

Yea I always stay positive and exactly, I am happy to see movements on files whatever the dates because it is just encouraging, that means they work for real. I just want this torture to be finished for everyones asap!
Thank you for your message Nini, it brings me tears and joy.

Jamwife : So happy for you guys, looks like everything's going alright ! :D

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
atclarke said:
I am very fortunate and do appreciate it. My MPs office told me Canada is really starting to crack down on the people that they've hired to work at the visa offices abroad because they're not following the procedures. One of my coworkers lived in Jamaica for 20 years and knew 3 separate officers that you could pay off to get your permanent residence approved ASAP. Then the rest of of who follow the law have to wait forever. It's disgusting... my MP gave me the Minister of Immigrations email (Chris Alexander) in Canada and told me to complain as well because it's not fair. How are peoples family members dying here and they won't put that case first? Insane.
I ready to pay them ! LOLL a joke mi a mek!

steen

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
April 23 2014
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
April 24 2014 for children
Med's Done....
June 2013. Now extended until April 30th 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 22 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 31/2015!!!!
Jamwife said:

Thanks!! I'm trying :) so glad ur hubby is finally there with you and adjusting well!!