Waived
Passport Req..
17/6/2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued July 6 2015
LANDED..........
DHL pick up package July 28, 2015 landed July 31
istheendnear said:
This is one form we had to fill out last year as well, basically all the same info as forms you have already filled out.. it was explained to me that where you send your paperwork first, they keep part of the forms and the rest gets sent to Kingston(or where ever)
I do see though that some just get asked as an update to see if anything else has changed.

Don't stress, get it in so they can keep up the processing:)
thanks, I was worried about it but am at ease now thanks again

Trophy_wife

Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 18 2016
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
Dec 20 2016
File Transfer...
Jan 5 2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Feb,23,2017
Passport Req..
Feb,23,2017
VISA ISSUED...
On the spot
LANDED..........
Soon
Hi Everyone
I'm new here so plz accept my apologies if I ask questions that have already been answered.
I recently got married July 26 2014 so I'm now in the process of getting Hubby's package together. I started saving all receipts etc before we got married.
We have know each other for over 20 years but started dating in 2012 then baby (preemie) in 2013 then married in 2014.
My questions are...
1. How long after coming off welfare can I sponsor him n does me being on welfare for the last year affect his chances.I just got a new job as a psw.
2.I don't have a lot of communication that I can print as hubby always calls thru magic jack.

Sorry for all my newbie questions but in nervous n I really need some advice.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Trophy_wife said:
Hi Everyone
I'm new here so plz accept my apologies if I ask questions that have already been answered.
I recently got married July 26 2014 so I'm now in the process of getting Hubby's package together. I started saving all receipts etc before we got married.
We have know each other for over 20 years but started dating in 2012 then baby (preemie) in 2013 then married in 2014.
My questions are...
1. How long after coming off welfare can I sponsor him n does me being on welfare for the last year affect his chances.I just got a new job as a psw.
2.I don't have a lot of communication that I can print as hubby always calls thru magic jack.

Welcome and congrats!!!

If you have been on welfare the past year you might have a problem unless you can prove that you are off. This means getting a letter from them saying that you are no longer collecting it and sending it in with your application. When you get your "Option C" from CRA and submit that they will see that you were on it. Some say that you need to be off it for a year before applying but others on here (in different threads) have sent in a letter and they got sponsorship approval. I am not saying that this letter from them will help or not but if you are working now, have a letter from your job and welfare saying u are off, it might be good.

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Trophy_wife said:
Hi Everyone
My questions are...

Welcome to the JamFam Trophy Wife!! Post any questions that you have and I am sure someone will help out or at least point you in the right direction. Good luck!

Trophy_wife

Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 18 2016
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
Dec 20 2016
File Transfer...
Jan 5 2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Feb,23,2017
Passport Req..
Feb,23,2017
VISA ISSUED...
On the spot
LANDED..........
Soon
sammystorm19 said:
Welcome and congrats!!!

If you have been on welfare the past year you might have a problem unless you can prove that you are off. This means getting a letter from them saying that you are no longer collecting it and sending it in with your application. When you get your "Option C" from CRA and submit that they will see that you were on it. Some say that you need to be off it for a year before applying but others on here (in different threads) have sent in a letter and they got sponsorship approval. I am not saying that this letter from them will help or not but if you are working now, have a letter from your job and welfare saying u are off, it might be good.
Thx for ur response I'm really confused about the whole financial part .I've read that there's no financial requirement but u can't be on welfare.if I'm sending in the option c do I still fill out the financial form.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Trophy_wife said:
Thx for ur response I'm really confused about the whole financial part .I've read that there's no financial requirement but u can't be on welfare.if I'm sending in the option c do I still fill out the financial form.
yes you need to fill out all the sponsorship forms

This application package includes:

•Document Checklist [IMM 5443] (PDF, 641 KB) January 2014
•Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344) (PDF, 434 KB) August 2014
•Sponsorship Evaluation [IMM 5481] (PDF, 585 KB) April 2012
•Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 487 KB) June 2014
•Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] (PDF, 471 KB) August 2014
•Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] (PDF, 570 KB) September 2013
•Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] (PDF, 246 KB) December 2012
•Spouse/Common-law Partner Questionnaire [IMM 5285] (PDF, 631 KB) August 2013
•Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 611 KB) March 2014
•Receipt [5401]
•Instruction Guide [IMM 5289]

QueenP

Apr 21, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2014
File Transfer...
04-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
tek too long
LANDED..........
mi cant wait
Trophy_wife said:
Hi Everyone
My questions are...

I was on welfare for two years before sending in my application... i came off welfare September 2013. Sent in my application april 2014 and got sponsorship approval. But while on welfare i was working a bit. I had 10 months of pay stud tho. So they have to see that your offiically off it first

CocoVanilla

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07JAN14
AOR Received.
12FEB14 (Sponsorship Approval)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03DEC14
VISA ISSUED...
05DEC14 (passport returned 19DEC14)
LANDED..........
20DEC14
sammystorm19 said:
Well Jamfam.....MY HUSBAND IS LANDING TODAY!!!!!!!

I am beyond excited and I want to cry tears of joy...however I am work and they don't need to see this pregnant lady all hormonal and stuff

OMG HE'S COMING TODAY!!!!

Landing story will be posted sometime this weekend

Thank you to everyone for their support and kind words

Love you all xoxo
Soooo happy for you Sammy. Enjoy the moment!!

Trophy_wife

Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 18 2016
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
Dec 20 2016
File Transfer...
Jan 5 2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Feb,23,2017
Passport Req..
Feb,23,2017
VISA ISSUED...
On the spot
LANDED..........
Soon
QueenP said:
I was on welfare for two years before sending in my application... i came off welfare September 2013. Sent in my application april 2014 and got sponsorship approval. But while on welfare i was working a bit. I had 10 months of pay stud tho. So they have to see that your offiically off it first
Thanks QueenP
I'm planning to send in the application in February 2015 or do u think I should wait n compile some pay stub.I'm guess if I'm refused I can always reapply when I've worked longer time

QueenP

Apr 21, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2014
File Transfer...
04-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
tek too long
LANDED..........
mi cant wait
Trophy_wife said:
Thanks QueenP
I'm planning to send in the application in February 2015 or do u think I should wait n compile some pay stub.I'm guess if I'm refused I can always reapply when I've worked longer time
I waited that long to apply because i did my tax before. So that on the option c it showed i did work some money too.. girl i say send it in cause you only have 75$ to lose then to wait longer.. i wish i didn't wait that long because the wait right now. Nuh mek sense. You hear all type a things, not even the agents at cic have the answer when i called and ask bout that question in regards to welfare. Suh do weh you want yah

jojrob1

Aug 15, 2013
Visa Office......
kgn
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2013
Doc's Request.
30-Sept-2014 pc,medical,birth cert.
AOR Received.
Aug 2013
File Transfer...
File received in kgn Sep 24,2013
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
23-10-2014-soooo happy
VISA ISSUED...
05-11-2014
LANDED..........
30-1-2015
Omg guys decision made on a saturday morning.... wasnt expecting that. :p

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
He's here!!!

Our landing story

Well after 17.5 months hubby is finally here. At one point we didn't think it was going to happen but with the strength of god and Jah it did. We talked in the morning and he was very nervous, scared and excited. We must have talked about 10 times. When he got to the airport his bags were overweight so he messaged in a panic and I told him it was okay. Just to take stuff out. My husband is a drummer and he had a drum for our daughter...he had to leave that behind and he was sad about it but he finally got his bags checked in. Once he was on the plane he called me and said "I'm so happy and I can't wait to see your beautiful face" yep....that's when the first set of years started. Everyone at work was so supportive and happy that it was finally happening. I was tracking his flight so I knew where he was the whole way and the excitement started to build. When there was about an hour left I called Nev....and she calmed me down. Thank you so very much for that!! My mom was coming to the airport so she picked our daughter up from daycare and came to meet me at work and then we were off. We got there about 630 and the flight was delayed!! So we went for a walk and the plane actually landed early. So we were waiting and waiting and waiting. There was a hold up with the luggage as hubby called to tell me. So I knew he was coming out soon. I made a welcome to Canada sign and Naylah and I were waiting. I finally saw him and I started to bawl! Naylah started laughing and saying hi. We hugged and kissed and Naylah wouldn't leave his side. He finally saw my mom....they have never met. He gave her a big hug, called her mom and then her tears started. We left the airport to go home and as soon as we walked outside hubby said "oh f*%k it's cold" I had to laugh. The drive home was good. Naylah was lauging the whole time. It was like they were never apart. Hubby was hungry so we stopped at KFC...why do they all want chicken when they get here??? We finally made it home and it was wonderful. He's here...that's all I kept thinking. It's now morning and Naylah hasn't left his side, my apartment smells like him and I'm on cloud nine!!

Thank you everyone for all of your support. Nev, Nini, Chickie, jamgirl, DG, ready and everyone else I missed

We are going to enjoy the day as a family and do some shopping and a lot of cuddling.

I pray that all of you that are still waiting get to feel what I am feeling soon. It's the most wonderful feeling in the world

Love you all and I will still be around! Xo

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
jojrob1 said:
Omg guys decision made on a saturday morning.... wasnt expecting that. :p
Congrats jojrob so happy for you!! start stalking DHL and looking up flights!! So passport back in just over 2 weeks woohoo!!

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
sammystorm19 said:
He's here!!!

Our landing story

Well after 17.5 months hubby is finally here. At one point we didn't think it was going to happen but with the strength of god and Jah it did. We talked in the morning and he was very nervous, scared and excited. We must have talked about 10 times. When he got to the airport his bags were overweight so he messaged in a panic and I told him it was okay. Just to take stuff out. My husband is a drummer and he had a drum for our daughter...he had to leave that behind and he was sad about it but he finally got his bags checked in. Once he was on the plane he called me and said "I'm so happy and I can't wait to see your beautiful face" yep....that's when the first set of years started. Everyone at work was so supportive and happy that it was finally happening. I was tracking his flight so I knew where he was the whole way and the excitement started to build. When there was about an hour left I called Nev....and she calmed me down. Thank you so very much for that!! My mom was coming to the airport so she picked our daughter up from daycare and came to meet me at work and then we were off. We got there about 630 and the flight was delayed!! So we went for a walk and the plane actually landed early. So we were waiting and waiting and waiting. There was a hold up with the luggage as hubby called to tell me. So I knew he was coming out soon. I made a welcome to Canada sign and Naylah and I were waiting. I finally saw him and I started to bawl! Naylah started laughing and saying hi. We hugged and kissed and Naylah wouldn't leave his side. He finally saw my mom....they have never met. He gave her a big hug, called her mom and then her tears started. We left the airport to go home and as soon as we walked outside hubby said "oh f*%k it's cold" I had to laugh. The drive home was good. Naylah was lauging the whole time. It was like they were never apart. Hubby was hungry so we stopped at KFC...why do they all want chicken when they get here??? We finally made it home and it was wonderful. He's here...that's all I kept thinking. It's now morning and Naylah hasn't left his side, my apartment smells like him and I'm on cloud nine!!

Thank you everyone for all of your support. Nev, Nini, Chickie, jamgirl, DG, ready and everyone else I missed

We are going to enjoy the day as a family and do some shopping and a lot of cuddling.

I pray that all of you that are still waiting get to feel what I am feeling soon. It's the most wonderful feeling in the world

Absolutely beautiful landing story Sammy!! Thanks for the Saturday morning tears bc as I am typing this I have a blurry screen...lol. It gives everyone still waiting hope that our time will come and all the heartache, stress and tears will be forgotten. So happy that Naylah has her daddy home and that Sammy has her hubby by her side esp with the new baby on the way. All the support for you is well deserved be you have helped so many in the JAMFAM. Please do not be a stranger and drop off. Keep us posted on his progress and what I am sure will be an adjustment for you all. Wishing you all the best and a lifetime of happiness, joy, love and laughter..

Trophy_wife

Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 18 2016
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
Dec 20 2016
File Transfer...
Jan 5 2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Feb,23,2017
Passport Req..
Feb,23,2017
VISA ISSUED...
On the spot
LANDED..........
Soon
sammystorm19 said:
He's here!!!

Our landing story

I'm so happy for you hun God bless you