not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Cannot forget....

Welcome/Bienvenue to Canada (brrr) Mr Sammy!!!

CocoVanilla

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07JAN14
AOR Received.
12FEB14 (Sponsorship Approval)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03DEC14
VISA ISSUED...
05DEC14 (passport returned 19DEC14)
LANDED..........
20DEC14
Thanks for the touching landing story Sammy... I too had some tears!
Wishing u all the best on this new chapter!

Thanks again for all your support and advice here on the forum. Truly hope u will check in on us from time to time... And please share some pics when the new baby arrives!

CocoVanilla

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07JAN14
AOR Received.
12FEB14 (Sponsorship Approval)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03DEC14
VISA ISSUED...
05DEC14 (passport returned 19DEC14)
LANDED..........
20DEC14
jojrob1 said:
Omg guys decision made on a saturday morning.... wasnt expecting that. :p
CONGRATS!! What a relief it must be to see those two little words!

istheendnear

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
Doc's Request.
19-09-2014
File Transfer...
11-07-2013
Med's Request
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
19-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2014
LANDED..........
25-11-2014
sammystorm19 said:
Well Jamfam.....MY HUSBAND IS LANDING TODAY!!!!!!!

I am beyond excited and I want to cry tears of joy...however I am work and they don't need to see this pregnant lady all hormonal and stuff

OMG HE'S COMING TODAY!!!!

Landing story will be posted sometime this weekend

Thank you to everyone for their support and kind words

Love you all xoxo

YAY SOOO happy for you!! congrats!!

steen

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
April 23 2014
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
April 24 2014 for children
Med's Done....
June 2013. Now extended until April 30th 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 22 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 31/2015!!!!
sammystorm19 said:
He's here!!!

Our landing story

Well after 17.5 months hubby is finally here. At one point we didn't think it was going to happen but with the strength of god and Jah it did. We talked in the morning and he was very nervous, scared and excited. We must have talked about 10 times. When he got to the airport his bags were overweight so he messaged in a panic and I told him it was okay. Just to take stuff out. My husband is a drummer and he had a drum for our daughter...he had to leave that behind and he was sad about it but he finally got his bags checked in. Once he was on the plane he called me and said "I'm so happy and I can't wait to see your beautiful face" yep....that's when the first set of years started. Everyone at work was so supportive and happy that it was finally happening. I was tracking his flight so I knew where he was the whole way and the excitement started to build. When there was about an hour left I called Nev....and she calmed me down. Thank you so very much for that!! My mom was coming to the airport so she picked our daughter up from daycare and came to meet me at work and then we were off. We got there about 630 and the flight was delayed!! So we went for a walk and the plane actually landed early. So we were waiting and waiting and waiting. There was a hold up with the luggage as hubby called to tell me. So I knew he was coming out soon. I made a welcome to Canada sign and Naylah and I were waiting. I finally saw him and I started to bawl! Naylah started laughing and saying hi. We hugged and kissed and Naylah wouldn't leave his side. He finally saw my mom....they have never met. He gave her a big hug, called her mom and then her tears started. We left the airport to go home and as soon as we walked outside hubby said "oh f*%k it's cold" I had to laugh. The drive home was good. Naylah was lauging the whole time. It was like they were never apart. Hubby was hungry so we stopped at KFC...why do they all want chicken when they get here??? We finally made it home and it was wonderful. He's here...that's all I kept thinking. It's now morning and Naylah hasn't left his side, my apartment smells like him and I'm on cloud nine!!

Thank you everyone for all of your support. Nev, Nini, Chickie, jamgirl, DG, ready and everyone else I missed

We are going to enjoy the day as a family and do some shopping and a lot of cuddling.

I pray that all of you that are still waiting get to feel what I am feeling soon. It's the most wonderful feeling in the world

Love you all and I will still be around! Xo

YAY! I'm so happy for you, you have been such a big help on this group and now he's finally here!! Congratulations and welcome to Canada Mr Sammy!!

Sh and Sh

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
Doc's Request.
Sept 23/ 2014
File Transfer...
14-08-2013 (AUG 30/13) - Recieved in KGN
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
LANDED..........
24-12-2014
Congrats SAMMY!!!!!!!!!! so happy for you!!!!!

Can forum members tell me the time that it took from sending in all requested docs until PPR??

Thanks- sh&sh

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
sammystorm19 said:
He's here!!!

Our landing story

Well after 17.5 months hubby is finally here. At one point we didn't think it was going to happen but with the strength of god and Jah it did. We talked in the morning and he was very nervous, scared and excited. We must have talked about 10 times. When he got to the airport his bags were overweight so he messaged in a panic and I told him it was okay. Just to take stuff out. My husband is a drummer and he had a drum for our daughter...he had to leave that behind and he was sad about it but he finally got his bags checked in. Once he was on the plane he called me and said "I'm so happy and I can't wait to see your beautiful face" yep....that's when the first set of years started. Everyone at work was so supportive and happy that it was finally happening. I was tracking his flight so I knew where he was the whole way and the excitement started to build. When there was about an hour left I called Nev....and she calmed me down. Thank you so very much for that!! My mom was coming to the airport so she picked our daughter up from daycare and came to meet me at work and then we were off. We got there about 630 and the flight was delayed!! So we went for a walk and the plane actually landed early. So we were waiting and waiting and waiting. There was a hold up with the luggage as hubby called to tell me. So I knew he was coming out soon. I made a welcome to Canada sign and Naylah and I were waiting. I finally saw him and I started to bawl! Naylah started laughing and saying hi. We hugged and kissed and Naylah wouldn't leave his side. He finally saw my mom....they have never met. He gave her a big hug, called her mom and then her tears started. We left the airport to go home and as soon as we walked outside hubby said "oh f*%k it's cold" I had to laugh. The drive home was good. Naylah was lauging the whole time. It was like they were never apart. Hubby was hungry so we stopped at KFC...why do they all want chicken when they get here??? We finally made it home and it was wonderful. He's here...that's all I kept thinking. It's now morning and Naylah hasn't left his side, my apartment smells like him and I'm on cloud nine!!

Thank you everyone for all of your support. Nev, Nini, Chickie, jamgirl, DG, ready and everyone else I missed

We are going to enjoy the day as a family and do some shopping and a lot of cuddling.

I pray that all of you that are still waiting get to feel what I am feeling soon. It's the most wonderful feeling in the world

Soooooooooooooo incredibly happy for you and your family, Sammy! :-*

Thanks for the calls and the texts over the last couple of weeks -- it has been pure joy riding out the end of your immigration journey with you.

Enjoy every single moment of the 'honeymoon' phase with your hubby -- it will be incredible for you to experience all of his 'firsts' in Canada! Even KFC! ha ha!

Welcome to Canada, Mr.Sammy! It's about time! :D

steen

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
April 23 2014
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
April 24 2014 for children
Med's Done....
June 2013. Now extended until April 30th 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 22 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 31/2015!!!!
Sh and Sh said:
Congrats SAMMY!!!!!!!!!! so happy for you!!!!!

Can forum members tell me the time that it took from sending in all requested docs until PPR??

Thanks- sh&sh
It really depends I think there have been a few people who have gotten ppr within about a week. And then there are some like me who sent in all docs and we are still waiting and its been 6 and half months. Hopefully its sooner than later but I dotn think there is a good time frame

yqm_fa

Oct 30, 2012
Congrats sammystorm what a beautiful landing story. Gave me tears.

Was nice to read the last few weeks of great news of ppr and landing stories.
Gave me hope that kgs and post starting to move.

Also nice to see that I'm not the only one who at times feel like giving up and getting my life back.
I keep telling myself. Every day is a day closer.

My husband is also bringing his daughter to Canada. Do you think that can slow our process ? As I am sponsoring 2 ppl ?

Also our meds and pc have expired. Thinking should we be proactive and go ahead and redo all and send to pos or wait for them to contact us ? So confusing. Some day yes some say no?!
Last question. I want to confirm that my file is indeed in pos who can I contact ?

Thanks famjam. Hoping for more great news for us (famjam) next week.

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
yqm_fa said:
Congrats sammystorm what a beautiful landing story. Gave me tears.

Was nice to read the last few weeks of great news of ppr and landing stories.
Gave me hope that kgs and post starting to move.

Also nice to see that I'm not the only one who at times feel like giving up and getting my life back.
I keep telling myself. Every day is a day closer.

My husband is also bringing his daughter to Canada. Do you think that can slow our process ? As I am sponsoring 2 ppl ?

Also our meds and pc have expired. Thinking should we be proactive and go ahead and redo all and send to pos or wait for them to contact us ? So confusing. Some day yes some say no?!
Last question. I want to confirm that my file is indeed in pos who can I contact ?

Thanks famjam. Hoping for more great news for us (famjam) next week.
Redo the PC for sure but hold on the meds bc they may be extended. Some recent ppl had to redo them yet others had them extended. Call CIC help centre to ask them if your file was transferred to POS from KGN due to work over flow. Once you know where your file is you can send the PC there with a cover letter.

jojrob1

Aug 15, 2013
Visa Office......
kgn
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2013
Doc's Request.
30-Sept-2014 pc,medical,birth cert.
AOR Received.
Aug 2013
File Transfer...
File received in kgn Sep 24,2013
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
23-10-2014-soooo happy
VISA ISSUED...
05-11-2014
LANDED..........
30-1-2015
Twoheartsonelove said:
Congrats jojrob so happy for you!! start stalking DHL and looking up flights!! So passport back in just over 2 weeks woohoo!!
Thank you soo much, i must admit it was very hard seeing "inprocess" day after day....
Congrats sammy.... i literally cried this morning after i read ur landing story i felt like was there seeing everything that was happening.

Trophy_wife

Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 18 2016
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
Dec 20 2016
File Transfer...
Jan 5 2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Feb,23,2017
Passport Req..
Feb,23,2017
VISA ISSUED...
On the spot
LANDED..........
Soon
Twoheartsonelove said:
Redo the PC for sure but hold on the meds bc they may be extended. Some recent ppl had to redo them yet others had them extended. Call CIC help centre to ask them if your file was transferred to POS from KGN due to work over flow. Once you know where your file is you can send the PC there with a cover letter.
This might sound like a stupid question but wat is ppr n pos I'm new n understand none of the short forms lol

stacyr320

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
File Transfer...
08-01-2014
Med's Done....
08-01-2014
Interview........
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
26-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2015
LANDED..........
31-01-2015
Trophy_wife said:
This might sound like a stupid question but wat is ppr n pos I'm new n understand none of the short forms lol

Passport Request and pos and another visa office called port of Spain where some of our applications got sent to.. Due to the work overload in Kingston..

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
sammystorm19 said:
He's here!!!

Our landing story

So happy for you! Congrats again and again! This is so fantastic! Can you believe....u finished waiting!!!! lol :)

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Hi everyones
Congrats for all who had great news, welcome to the newbies!
I was a little busy lately so if you guys can look to the spreadsheet and inbox me updates to do if so.
Peoples who received emails requesting docs...or having interviews....did your ECAS status changed for in process?
Please inbox!! Thanks!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai2mGk1woSIZdEFDeGlyYlVCS0x0T3BndGhOeWo3ZXc#gid=0

Have a nice week-end!