Med's Request
April 24 2014 for children
Med's Done....
June 2013. Now extended until April 30th 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 22 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 31/2015!!!!
So I'm not aire if this is too personal or not but do all of your spouses in Jamaica work?if not Do you support them in Jamaica? I find it extremely difficult not only the waiting and not being around my husband (and my sons father) but financialy its also draining! How does everyone do it? Our son is here in Canada with me since he was born here so I take care of him and work part time daycare is insanely expensive so putting him in daycare isn't even an option. Most people don't seem to understand so I'm hoping someone here understands and is in a similar situation . because I really just do t understand how anyone can do it.

CanJam

Oct 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January.23, 2013
AOR Received.
March.4, 2013 (KGN)
File Transfer...
February.18, 2013
Med's Request
Re-do Medical & PC ( April 7, 2014)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 13, 2014
LANDED..........
16 months total
steen said:
So I'm not aire if this is too personal or not but do all of your spouses in Jamaica work?if not Do you support them in Jamaica? I find it extremely difficult not only the waiting and not being around my husband (and my sons father) but financialy its also draining! How does everyone do it? Our son is here in Canada with me since he was born here so I take care of him and work part time daycare is insanely expensive so putting him in daycare isn't even an option. Most people don't seem to understand so I'm hoping someone here understands and is in a similar situation . because I really just do t understand how anyone can do it.
This process is Very Difficult ???... I can definitely relate in some way or another... Even though he works, I still send some $ every now and then to help to make ends meet. Plus all the visits over the past years ( 6 total, almost 2 yrs married) ... Really add up $$$ although my hubby and I don't have kids together, I have a daughter, so I understand the 'single' mother struggle of balancing work, child ... Keep your head up, it will get better/ easier as the child get's older ;) Your hubby will be here to help out soon 8)

steen

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
April 23 2014
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
April 24 2014 for children
Med's Done....
June 2013. Now extended until April 30th 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 22 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 31/2015!!!!
Thanks hopefully Kingston speeds up. The balancing isn't so bad I'm also doing ft university. Its more the financial aspect paying for 2 sets of bills is hard. Does anyone know if we (as sponsor's) are allowed to get daycare subsidy? CIC call center has told me no but I'm hearing mixed answers (plus it would not be the first.. Or 2nd.. Time I've gotten bad/wrong info from the CIC call center :( anyone know if were allowed?

impatientgirl

Jun 11, 2014
jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/11/2013
AOR Received.
17 sept 2014 from POS
File Transfer...
23/12/2013
Med's Request
29/10/2013
Med's Done....
Redo med request 19/05/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17/6/2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued July 6 2015
LANDED..........
DHL pick up package July 28, 2015 landed July 31
Ninirae said:
Ummm... so that's a load of balogna!!!! Obviously your MP just doesn't want to help. Mine doesn't either, so you're not alone. I'm just going to continue to be patient and wait it out. Helps that I'm seeing hubby in a couple of weeks.

listen nini! that MP don't know sh*t she talking bout, so far all the landing stories i read on here are within a year or just over a year,
because they are stuck here in jamaica and have no where to go and all they do is help the bitch prime minister to rob the jamaican people them, so they dont give a shit about you and your inquery, honestly my 3 years living in canada is way better than the 26 year i lived here for, i hate this place so much.

I strongly feel and believe that your gonna hear from them soon once you go over the 1 year mark you can look or listen for a call or a letter in the mail. keep praying and have faith that soon you will hear from them.

impatientgirl

Jun 11, 2014
jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/11/2013
AOR Received.
17 sept 2014 from POS
File Transfer...
23/12/2013
Med's Request
29/10/2013
Med's Done....
Redo med request 19/05/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17/6/2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued July 6 2015
LANDED..........
DHL pick up package July 28, 2015 landed July 31
steen said:
Thanks hopefully Kingston speeds up. The balancing isn't so bad I'm also doing ft university. Its more the financial aspect paying for 2 sets of bills is hard. Does anyone know if we (as sponsor's) are allowed to get daycare subsidy? CIC call center has told me no but I'm hearing mixed answers (plus it would not be the first.. Or 2nd.. Time I've gotten bad/wrong info from the CIC call center :( anyone know if were allowed?
[/quot

steen! when i use to live in canada in brampton, my girlfriend was filing for her husband and she applied for subsidy for daycare for her son and got thru, dont call the call centre and ask them about subsidy cause they dont know sh*t just go to the government office that deals with those things and they wiil lead you on the right track hope that helps.

Jamwife

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 28,2013
File Transfer...
July 17, 2013
Med's Done....
Apr 2013
Passport Req..
September 26, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 16, 2014
LANDED..........
November 1, 2014
T.G.I.F Jamfam

THOR is on her way to see hubby.. whoo hoo

How is everyone else doing?

Today i feel a bit under the weather, missing hubby and just praying that phone call comes quick.... :'(

Share something lets cheer each other up...

Whats ur most memorable moment shared with ur spouse that made u realize how much that person loves you?

For me it was January when i was in jamaica visiting him and i got sick and could hardly breathe i remember falling asleep on hubby's chest and when i woke up he was kneelling at the bedside looking at me. I asked him what was wrong he replied he was just watching over me to make sure i didn'tstop breathing in my sleep. At that moment i really felt loved and cared for .... :D

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, :)

I wanted to say congratulation on the PPR, In process, Landing stories, trips to Jamaica and everything else that are positive.

It was fun reading from where I left off to this present day. Oh my gosh, so much has happened on here, it's overwhelming.

Just a little recap about my journey. It took exactly 17months, it was long but pretty smooth. I wasn't requested a Scheduled A, my luggage's weren't checked at the airports and I wasn't asked any questions at landing. I did get a welcome package and was asked if I wanted to do my SIN, I opted out with fear of missing my connected flight.

I went to the post where I was supposed to connect and waiting and then then changed the location to the other end of the airport. when they called for boarding I realized I lost my carry on luggage! Omg! There is no way I could leave that bag with all my favorite outfits haha. So I started running to the first post, NO! it wasn't there, I went to security and asked if they had seem my bag, yeah it was there. I forgot it when I had to take off my shoes and all that stuffs and because I had a huge handbag.

I heard last call for boarding, I ran so hard and fast when I got there I almost fainted, but I was happy I made it. The flight to Winnipeg felt like forever and I was taking to a couple who was on their way back from Africa. I walk into the airport and my husband was there with a rose. I was tired and hungry and grouchy Lol.

I met the whole family I think :) at my welcoming party they had for us. Everyone is so nice and friendly in Winnipeg. I don't feel like a foreigner at all, and it's just amazing. I love it here, my husband and I get along so well, we balanced each other for eg. He loves to cook and hates doing dishes and I don't like cooking and loved doing the dishes, he is a neat freak and I am a clean freak, you know stuffs like that.

I'm very easy to live with, nothing bothers me at all and I think we are going to have a wonderful life together.
Yesterday I made his first meal, I been watching and I think I am learning :) . I'm familiar with taking the bus, getting to and from Doctor, school, mall, grocery stores etc.

Oh and I got a Job at Giant Tiger, the second day I was here I got the application form, my husband think I'm rushing but I feel time is running out for all we hope to accomplished. I enrolled in school to get my grade 12 starting September, I'm pretty excited about that.

We having be doing lots of things like riding to different places in and outside Winnipeg, oh and I haven't found anything I don't like yet when it comes to food. Ukrainian food, oooh I love that. We going to Ontario in a couple of weeks on the Harley... You know what I really love Winnipeg :D I do get lots f stress when I go out, that will take awhile for me to get use to...

I LOVE CANADA... I can't say it enough times. And my husband and I agreed to no Jamaica anytime soon, I still have dreams about me being in Jamaica and it's been affecting my sleeping, I hope they go away soon.

Thank you all,
Goodluck

CanJam

Oct 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January.23, 2013
AOR Received.
March.4, 2013 (KGN)
File Transfer...
February.18, 2013
Med's Request
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 13, 2014
LANDED..........
16 months total
@ Need to be with Hubby... As I was reading your landing story, I was actually picturing you ( because u have posted pic in the past)... Running through the airport :p... Hilarious :p... I am happy that all worked out in the end :-*... You really 'hit the ground running'... Register for school, work, etc... 8)

CanJam

Oct 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January.23, 2013
AOR Received.
March.4, 2013 (KGN)
File Transfer...
February.18, 2013
Med's Request
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 13, 2014
LANDED..........
16 months total
Jamwife said:
T.G.I.F Jamfam

THOR is on her way to see hubby.. whoo hoo

How is everyone else doing?

Today i feel a bit under the weather, missing hubby and just praying that phone call comes quick.... :'(

Share something lets cheer each other up...

Whats ur most memorable moment shared with ur spouse that made u realize how much that person loves you?

For me it was January when i was in jamaica visiting him and i got sick and could hardly breathe i remember falling asleep on hubby's chest and when i woke up he was kneelling at the bedside looking at me. I asked him what was wrong he replied he was just watching over me to make sure i didn'tstop breathing in my sleep. At that moment i really felt loved and cared for .... :D
Re: Most memorable moment ...

Too many to name just 1, but what shows me how much he loves me is how he treats my family , he bonds well with my daughter , and often calls, visits, helps out ( I.e manual labour)my parents ( in JA) that is a big + for me ;)

Jamwife

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 28,2013
File Transfer...
July 17, 2013
Med's Done....
Apr 2013
Passport Req..
September 26, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 16, 2014
LANDED..........
November 1, 2014
Need to b with hubby.... glad to know you are adjusting and loving Canada so much... from your many facebook pictures i can see you love to dress up and the dog seem to love u too lol.... enjoy ur life with hubby, this was a long time coming and i am glad its over for u.

Canjam ....yea it is a lot to name but u know when u get that moment where you are like "omg i cant believe he did that"
But yea , bonding with ur family and daughter does say a lot about his love for u :D

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Kadi27 said:
DECISION MADE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ;D ;D ;D ;D
Kadi , so very happy and thrilled for you and your guys - big and little. You deserve your happiness and then some my dear. Many blessings to come. :-* Thank you Jesus.

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
CdnandTrini said:
Kadi , so very happy and thrilled for you and your guys - big and little. You deserve your happiness and then some my dear. Many blessings to come. :-* Thank you Jesus.
Happy 6 months anniversary since your hubby landed, C&T! :-*

I hope you are both keeping well!!! :D

CanJam

Oct 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January.23, 2013
AOR Received.
March.4, 2013 (KGN)
File Transfer...
February.18, 2013
Med's Request
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 13, 2014
LANDED..........
16 months total
:D Hubby has finally gotten his Visa :D

This wait is finally over ... It has been a long 16 months :p

Kadi: you can color me Dark Purple 8)

You all will have to wait for the landing story... I will be going down in July, back in August

.... Stay tuned ;)

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
CanJam said:

You all will have to wait for the landing story... I will be going down in July, back in August

.... Stay tuned ;)
Fantastic news, CanJam!!!! Congratulations to you and your hubby!!!! :D

Mrs. Davis

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 05 2013
File Transfer...
05 07 2013
Med's Done....
02 2013
CanJam said:

.... Stay tuned ;)
Great news! The wait is over!