October 1, 2013
AOR Received.
November 22, 2013
File Transfer...
December 5, 2013
Med's Done....
May 28,2013
josephine196901 said:
Yes -- we had the choice to have it delivered to Ocho Rios or pick up in Kingston......... as i said it is nearly immediate if it is in Kingston, so I told him to get his butt on a bus and pick it up. I dont want to wait another single extra day!

Congrats ladies wish you guys all the best towards your next step with your hubby's
Yes, you have to kick them into gear ASAP, they feel we are to rush rush wait till they see rush rush have a nice day

HisOneAndOnly

Star Member
Mar 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2013
Doc's Request.
25-02-2014
File Transfer...
12-04-2013
Med's Done....
00-02-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
Good Morning from CALGARY ! :)

This is not really a landing story because I'm heading out shortly. Long story short, I called DHL Friday morning they told me my passport would be at their office by 2pm that afternoon and delivered on Monday may 5th which would be today. However we were having none of that so I got dressed Friday and left St. Bess for DHL Kingston:
Picked up the package
Called my husband who immediately booked a flight for Sunday leaving Mobay at 2 pm
Landed in Calgary at 12:36 am this morning in 0 degree temperature :eek:
When Hubby woke up this morning and realized I was next to him, he squeezed me so tight I almost stop breathing #lovehim.

@ Josephine, so so happy for you and hubby. This journey is finally over, all the very best to you both.

CanJam

Oct 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January.23, 2013
AOR Received.
March.4, 2013 (KGN)
File Transfer...
February.18, 2013
Med's Request
Re-do Medical & PC ( April 7, 2014)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 13, 2014
LANDED..........
16 months total
HisOneAndOnly said:

This is not really a landing story because I'm heading out shortly. Long story short, I called DHL Friday morning they told me my passport would be at their office by 2pm that afternoon and delivered on Monday may 5th which would be today. However we were having none of that so I got dressed Friday and left St. Bess for DHL Kingston:
Picked up the package
Called my husband who immediately booked a flight for Sunday leaving Mobay at 2 pm
When Hubby woke up this morning and realized I was next to him, he squeezed me so tight I almost stop breathing #lovehim.

@ Josephine, so so happy for you and hubby. This journey is finally over, all the very best to you both.
Welcome... Your hubby, nuh waste no time! :p :) ;) :D ;D

JANAIDIAN MRS

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 26, 2013
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do & request for more years info on History: March 26, 2014 (they received March 31, 2013)
File Transfer...
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
April 3, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 22, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
MAY 5, 2014
LANDED..........
MAY 28, 2014
VISA BEING PICKED UP TODAY!!!!!!

Hubby is at work so his mom is going to get it. It got mailed to May Pen didn't take long that I know of? I think it was there Friday but they called today because dhl tracking says the same thing it said Friday when I told ya'll.

I don't know when he is coming yet though because his license expires on his birthday (june 20th) and he called to ask if he could renew . They said he can only do that a month before. So tomorrow he will be going with visa in hand telling them he needs to do it now and see what they say. Ughhhh. I DONT WANT TO WAIT :eek: :mad:

HIS ONE AND ONLY - YAAAYYYY YOU'RE IN CALGARY?! CONGRATS!!!

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
HisOneAndOnly said:

Picked up the package

HOAO what a wonderful and beautiful "short" landing story!! Let me officially say "WELCOME TO CANADA". I am so very happy for you and hubby. Please come back and post how things are going and your first experiences in Canada. God bless and best of luck!!

HisOneAndOnly

Star Member
Mar 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2013
Doc's Request.
25-02-2014
File Transfer...
12-04-2013
Med's Done....
00-02-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
CanJam said:
Welcome... Your hubby, nuh waste no time! :p :) ;) :D ;D
A mi fi tell yuh ;).. Thank you Canjam, hope this process will end for you very soon.

HisOneAndOnly

Star Member
Mar 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2013
Doc's Request.
25-02-2014
File Transfer...
12-04-2013
Med's Done....
00-02-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
JANAIDIAN MRS said:

Hubby is at work so his mom is going to get it. It got mailed to May Pen didn't take long that I know of? I think it was there Friday but they called today because dhl tracking says the same thing it said Friday when I told ya'll.

I don't know when he is coming yet though because his license expires on his birthday (june 20th) and he called to ask if he could renew . They said he can only do that a month before. So tomorrow he will be going with visa in hand telling them he needs to do it now and see what they say. Ughhhh. I DONT WANT TO WAIT :eek: :mad:

He can get that license back the same day, hurry get this done and get him home, the weather should be fairly good in the next couple of days.

YES I am in Calgary! Thank you :)

JDubsGirl

Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-13
AOR Received.
31-04-13
File Transfer...
27-05-13
Med's Done....
20-03-13
Interview........
None requested
Passport Req..
12-04-14
Congrats and welcome to Canada His One And Only!!!!! I'm always so happy to see the successful immigration stories. They truly give me hope!

JANAIDIAN MRS

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 26, 2013
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do & request for more years info on History: March 26, 2014 (they received March 31, 2013)
File Transfer...
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
April 3, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 22, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
MAY 5, 2014
LANDED..........
MAY 28, 2014
HisOneAndOnly said:
He can get that license back the same day, hurry get this done and get him home, the weather should be fairly good in the next couple of days.

YES I am in Calgary! Thank you :)
Yay I am near edmonton and will be coming to calgary soon with the boy to surprise friends. Maybe we can meet one day. Who knows!
have SS meeting (sponsorship support) hahahahhaha.

OK but we still need them to LET him renew the license early. UGHHH and THEN he needs atleast 3 business days to get a driver's abstraact so he can have that for any job he might get here. He is a heavy equipment operator. Soooo hopefully tomorrow they just give him his license, so we can get on with it or he wont be coming until the end of May and I will NOT be impressed.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
HisOneAndOnly said:

Picked up the package

Wow girl; that was fast! Happy you are here; must be a relief; all the best ;D

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
JANAIDIAN MRS said:

Awesome Janaidian ;D

With regards to the license I doubt they will do it; but he could ask. What I would suggest instead is that he gets the letter from Transport Authority before his license expires; atleast this letter will indicate his years of driving experience in JA which when he gets here will propel him to the G level after doing his G1 written test without having to do G2. Well this is for Ontario not sure if its the same for other provinces.

Jamwife

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 28,2013
File Transfer...
July 17, 2013
Med's Done....
Apr 2013
Passport Req..
September 26, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 16, 2014
LANDED..........
November 1, 2014
HisOneAndOnly said:

Picked up the package

Congrats girl and welcome to Canada

Mrs. Parkin

Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN then POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 30, 2014
AOR Received.
December 9, 2013
File Transfer...
October 17, 2013
Med's Request
Extended
Med's Done....
September 3, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 1, 2014
WAHOOO!!! HOAO!!!! SO exciting! WELCOME!

Janadian Mrs! woot woot! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

greengurl

Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/02/2013
Interview........
None Required
Passport Req..
16/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
25/04/2014
LANDED..........
06/06/2014
josephine196901 said:
FINALLY!!!!!! DECISION MADE !!!!!!!!! THANK YOU JESUS!!!!! MY HUBBY WILL BE COMING ON WEDNESDAY ..... WHETHER HE LIKES IT OR NOT LOL!!! ALONE ON HIS FIRST FLIGHT :) :p :p :-* :D ;D 8) :-* [move]
Congrats Josephine! Your hubby is coming home!
Can't wait to read his landing story!

greengurl

Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/02/2013
Interview........
None Required
Passport Req..
16/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
25/04/2014
LANDED..........
06/06/2014
HisOneAndOnly said:

Picked up the package

Welcome to Canada HOAO!!