Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 26, 2013
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do & request for more years info on History: March 26, 2014 (they received March 31, 2013)
File Transfer...
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
April 3, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 22, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
MAY 5, 2014
LANDED..........
MAY 28, 2014
JDubsGirl said:
You can try Fly Jamaica from Kingston to Toronto. They have the least expensive rates.
I've heard that their flights ALWAYS leave late though. normally not a probably I support Jamaican airlines but for the purposes of him not missing a connecting flight and being stuck in Toronto by himself I'd prefer not to. Thank you for your suggestion though.

Oh and ... I think I may vomit and die

;D :) DHL NUMBER WORKS. THEY HAVE PICKED UP THE PASSPORT ITS IN KINGSTON AND DELIVERY IS ARRANGED!!!! :) ;D

josephine196901

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2013
Doc's Request.
01-04-2013
File Transfer...
05-05-2013
Med's Done....
04-07-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2014
JANAIDIAN MRS said:
Any pointers for finding cheap flights? I usually do Air Canada or West Jet. Are any other airlines good for this? the hubby doesnt like a ton fo stops I'm looking for the one stop in Toronto. So I think those airlines should be good. As per a previous question I asked about the time needed between flights I think it would be safest for him to have 3 hours between flights so as not to miss his connecting flight. I will begin looking soon!

So The boy called them again and he told me that they said the number will work once it has been picked up? so as of now it still doesn't work so it hasn't been picked up?
Fly Jamaica leaves from Kingston on Mondays. It is a direct flight. for a one way flight it is 200- 300 taxes included. Looking for cheap airfare? go to kayak.com they compare the price and will give you tonnes of dates.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Zoey80 said:
Hi Everyone!!
I just got back from seeing my hubby and let me tell you it keeps getting harder to leave!!
I ordered notes for the second time and recived them today....a few more fields have been filled but i find it difficult to understand what it all means.
On the second page under the heading ASSESSMENTS it says...
Eligibility: not started
Security: not started
Criminality: not started
Medical: in Progress

My hubby did his medical in jan 2013 so we are not sure if its been extended. Does anyone know what all this means? I was under the impression that medical was looked at last.

Also, under CLIENT DETAILS it says....
Undertaking Lenght (months): 36
does anyone know whhat thats for?

when i go further down in my notes under MEDICAL, there is a due date of: May 21, 2014. does that mean it has been extended?
and IME: not started

i guess the good news is that my first set of notes was 16pages and the second set that i got today is 24, so maybe they are working on it??

i dont know...

Z
Welcome back!!!

As for your notes....you can't always go by them. There are a few members on here who had nothing on them at all. Nothing started!!! They got PPR.

The 36 months is the 3 years that you are sponsoring your spouse for. That will be on everyone's notes.

The meds....well there are the tough one. Yes technically they have expired however they may have extended them. You can also email Kingston to find out.

JAMCANSO4

Apr 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-13
AOR Received.
10-08-13
File Transfer...
08-09-13
Passport Req..
SOON
VISA ISSUED...
SOON
LANDED..........
SOON
lovehasnoboundaries said:
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".
Hey, good morning everyone.

I was looking thru some old messages and i came across this.

mrs.simpleLus

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-15-2013
Interview........
03-19-2014
Passport Req..
03-19-2014
It was a bad day for Mrs. S yesterday... but ended well when my huzzy called me at 5am. (after 3 hrs sleep lol) to tell me that we have been updated to Decision made:). here's hoping plenty more go thru this week!!

mrs.simpleLus

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-15-2013
Interview........
03-19-2014
Passport Req..
03-19-2014
JANAIDIAN MRS said:
Is that what it says? Sorry. It was April 23rd 2014
Haha thought so!
Thank u! I could have read it wrong also!

mrs.simpleLus

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-15-2013
Interview........
03-19-2014
Passport Req..
03-19-2014
JANAIDIAN MRS said:
Any pointers for finding cheap flights? I usually do Air Canada or West Jet. Are any other airlines good for this? the hubby doesnt like a ton fo stops I'm looking for the one stop in Toronto. So I think those airlines should be good. As per a previous question I asked about the time needed between flights I think it would be safest for him to have 3 hours between flights so as not to miss his connecting flight. I will begin looking soon!

So The boy called them again and he told me that they said the number will work once it has been picked up? so as of now it still doesn't work so it hasn't been picked up?
Bookingbuddy.com and 1travel.com are my faves!

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
mrs.simpleLus said:
It was a bad day for Mrs. S yesterday... but ended well when my huzzy called me at 5am. (after 3 hrs sleep lol) to tell me that we have been updated to Decision made:). here's hoping plenty more go thru this week!!
That is fantastic Mrs S!!! Start tracking that courier and looking up flights to bring him home!!! Will he come by himself or will you go get him and return together? Good luck and keep us posted :D

mrs.simpleLus

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-15-2013
Interview........
03-19-2014
Passport Req..
03-19-2014
Twoheartsonelove said:
That is fantastic Mrs S!!! Start tracking that courier and looking up flights to bring him home!!! Will he come by himself or will you go get him and return together? Good luck and keep us posted :D
I'm going to get him :). Never flown before. :d. I guess passport should be shipped this week ? Looking for flights this weekend :).

josephine196901

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2013
Doc's Request.
01-04-2013
File Transfer...
05-05-2013
Med's Done....
04-07-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2014
mrs.simpleLus said:
I'm going to get him :). Never flown before. :d. I guess passport should be shipped this week ? Looking for flights this weekend :).
Congrats MRS S. Flights next weekend on Saturday and Sunday are cheap on West Jet if you are flying from MO Bay. If you are flying from Kingston Monday's it is good to fly with Fly Jamaica. Also, your passport will be shipped by Monday. Dhl are closed on the weekend. Can you tell I have been been watching flights by the day? I PRAY I AM NEXT!

Josephine

JANAIDIAN MRS

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 26, 2013
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do & request for more years info on History: March 26, 2014 (they received March 31, 2013)
File Transfer...
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
April 3, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 22, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
MAY 5, 2014
LANDED..........
MAY 28, 2014
mrs.simpleLus said:
That sounds like fun. I wish it made sense for me to go get him. I'd be outta here next week to soak up a beach and sun cause once he is here I don't know when we will be able to go back or to anywhere with a beach. haha.

lovehasnoboundaries said:
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".
Thanks for posting that jamcan!

mrs.simpleLus said:
Haha thought so!
Thank u! I could have read it wrong also!
no I definitely went in and added dates but put the wrong year. I changed it and took things out so it should make more sense!

Zoey80

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Thanks Sammy!!
I've emailed Kington 2 times regarding my medicals and still havent got a reponse :(
I dont know what else to do...i guess we just have to wait now.
while i was in JA my hubby redid his PC and we did the 21 days as you suggested. When he picks it up can we just scan and email it to Kingston or do we have to mail it?
Z

sammystorm19 said:
Welcome back!!!

As for your notes....you can't always go by them. There are a few members on here who had nothing on them at all. Nothing started!!! They got PPR.

The 36 months is the 3 years that you are sponsoring your spouse for. That will be on everyone's notes.

The meds....well there are the tough one. Yes technically they have expired however they may have extended them. You can also email Kingston to find out.

Zoey80

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
is there anything else on the notes that i should be looking at that would tell me anything?

sammystorm19 said:
Welcome back!!!

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
Zoey80 said:
is there anything else on the notes that i should be looking at that would tell me anything?
welcome back zoey.. the good byes are always hard
but in your notes you can look at your due dates... look at app status and see if it says (open or in progress or anything like that) and see if nothing is there.. also location registry----i guess its just somewhere sitting down I guess.. thats how i see it... and under medical look if it says started or not started and under that.. you will see due date etc...if anything pm and see if anyone can help :)

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
JANAIDIAN MRS said:
I never got AOR's so i just wrote the dates of when I found out they got certain items. My file was transfered from here in Canada to Jamaica on May 22nd of 2013 (so I put that as my AOR date). That is when I got my first communication of any kind and it said I was approved to be a sponsor for my husband.

I have no clue when it got to Jamaica. I didn't know I was supposed to get an AOR so I just waited and waited for 10 months until finally my husband got a letter to send in another police record check, which he did March 26th 2014. So I put that date as my file transfer (because I never got that second AOR.) This is also the date e-cas put as the date they started processing his file.

He sent in the requested info March 31, 2014
Passport Requested April 22, 2014
and e-cas changed to DM yesterday May 1st, 2014
and now I wait.

Any Better lovindahubby?

lol yes mam..than you