Interview........
19-11-2014
Passport Req..
19-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
28-11-2014 coming home with me!
I would like to know why Canada is the longest processing time for Jamaica in the western world to process spousal sponsorships. UK Takes 4-6 months, US takes 6-8 months, Australia takes 4-6 months. What takes Canada so long? :mad: :mad:

josephine196901

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2013
Doc's Request.
01-04-2013
File Transfer...
05-05-2013
Med's Done....
04-07-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2014
lexi said:
I would like to know why Canada is the longest processing time for Jamaica in the western world to process spousal sponsorships. UK Takes 4-6 months, US takes 6-8 months, Australia takes 4-6 months. What takes Canada so long? :mad: :mad:
Wouldnt that be nice to know.............. as I have said before it would be nice is there was some transparency as well.

Josephine

HisOneAndOnly

Star Member
Mar 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2013
Doc's Request.
25-02-2014
File Transfer...
12-04-2013
Med's Done....
00-02-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
josephine196901 said:
That is fantastic! Cant wait for those words to come from my mouth!

For those of you who went from In Process to Decision Made, what time does it go into Decision Made, is it anytime during the day, or is it updated by a computer overnight?
Thank you Josephine. Was hoping you would have had DM by now because I know how hard it is waiting. Everyday feels like a week when waiting for pp to be returned but hold on just a little bit more.

To answer your question, my husband checked in the mid-morning yesterday and nothing then I checked last night and there it was. It could have happened at anytime between.

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
Twoheartsonelove said:
Good morning JAMFAM!

Kadi thank you for the words of encouragement always makes me feel better.
You are welcome THOR! :-* am happy to know that as we are all in this together and I know this process makes you weary at times :'(

Mrs. Parkin

Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN then POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 30, 2014
AOR Received.
December 9, 2013
File Transfer...
October 17, 2013
Med's Request
Extended
Med's Done....
September 3, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 1, 2014
YAY CARM!!! Great landing story!! So excited for you both!

Congrats on all the DM's and good news updates this week!

ps... baby SH & Sh is adorable....UGH!!! <3

josephine196901

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2013
Doc's Request.
01-04-2013
File Transfer...
05-05-2013
Med's Done....
04-07-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2014
HisOneAndOnly said:
Thank you Josephine. Was hoping you would have had DM by now because I know how hard it is waiting. Everyday feels like a week when waiting for pp to be returned but hold on just a little bit more.

To answer your question, my husband checked in the mid-morning yesterday and nothing then I checked last night and there it was. It could have happened at anytime between.
Thanks so much............ yes, it is getting depressing, but then I look at the other people who are waiting and I know I should not complain. I am hopeful that it will change today or over the weekend. If it does my hubby will be on a plane Monday. Not even a day of waiting for the torture to be over!

greengurl

Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/02/2013
Interview........
None Required
Passport Req..
16/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
25/04/2014
LANDED..........
06/06/2014
carm_cnd said:
Good Morning well my husband landed April 17th. I flew from Yukon to Toronto to meet him. I was able to call him while I was in Vancouver he had just made it to montego bay. we talked until I went on the plane to Toronto. I was so nervous I think more so then him. I arrived in tornoto 30 mins before him. I waited at international arrivals the longest 45 mins of my life. I saw a lot of Jamaicans come out thinking he would be coming along soon and then it thinned out. Finally saw some Jamaican tourist and thank goodness he told me what he was wear. I finally saw him come out he looked confused where to go just stood at the top looking for me. I walked up to him and gave him a hug and cried. He was like why are you crying I told him I was just so happy. we stood there for a few minutes hugging and kissing while everyone around us watch lol then we went to check his bag on to our next plane to Calgary. I would fall to sleep and wake up to see if he was still there, smile and go back to sleep I think I did that 3 times. we spent Easter weekend with my family in Calgary. It was great he got a long with them so well. there was 14 of us who went out for dinner the day after we got there. 6 of us under one roof 3 cousin who are like brothers and sisters. they loved him. We went up toward Banff so we got to see snow, sunday night we flew to Victoria stayed there until Wednesday then ferry to Vancouver where we stayed until sunday. after 10 days we flew home. We have been home since sunday night and so far so good. there has been a lot of first and I just love seeing them all. He has tried turkey, sushi, moose and caribou meat. Flying for the first time, ferry ride, sky train, drove in Canada. He has got to feed wild seals in Victoria, vancouver aquarium, malls.

He is just waiting on seeing a moose and bears lol He has how ever already helped cut up moose meat.

I am amazed on how he is coming along. he is talking everything like a champ. Usually he is very shy and not up to meeting people but he has really surprised me with who he is now. he has meet some many people, even went to the gym a couple of times with me and played soccer the other night and most likely again tonight or maybe try road hockey. Its great having a partner to do everything with. We cleaned the yard last night, showing him around here. he is totally comfortable walking around by himself here. He is even getting along with my big 130lbs dog... well better then I thought he would be.

we are having a BBQ may long weekend where people can come and meet him. I cant wait. I am just enjoying every minute of it!!!! Grin It still feels surreal

So worth the wait trust me. we have had our ups and downs and at some points ready to give up but after all that I am so glad we toughed it out because this feeling right now is amazing.

Awe, beautiful landing story Carm! How wonderful that you could stop in Calgary, Victoria and Vancouver before you headed home. Wishing you and your hubby much happiness as your settle into life together!

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and &quot;in process&quot; Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
lexi said:
A long but interesting read about some of Canada's history on this topic....
http://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/jamaica-diverse-beginning-diaspora-developed-world

JANAIDIAN MRS

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 26, 2013
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do &amp; request for more years info on History: March 26, 2014 (they received March 31, 2013)
File Transfer...
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
April 3, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 22, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
MAY 5, 2014
LANDED..........
MAY 28, 2014
mrs.simpleLus said:
Hey Mrs janadian. When did they request ur husbands passport ? It wasn't really April 2012 was it?
Is that what it says? Sorry. It was April 23rd 2014

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
JANAIDIAN MRS said:
Is that what it says? Sorry. It was April 23rd 2014
Hey Janadian Mrs...

sorry but your timeline is very confusing...
it says your application was filed april 2013 and transferred March 2014..
it took a year for it to be transferred? ??? :-\...
i cant understand your timeline you have under name...

Zoey80

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Hi Everyone!!
I just got back from seeing my hubby and let me tell you it keeps getting harder to leave!!
I ordered notes for the second time and recived them today....a few more fields have been filled but i find it difficult to understand what it all means.
On the second page under the heading ASSESSMENTS it says...
Eligibility: not started
Security: not started
Criminality: not started
Medical: in Progress

My hubby did his medical in jan 2013 so we are not sure if its been extended. Does anyone know what all this means? I was under the impression that medical was looked at last.

Also, under CLIENT DETAILS it says....
Undertaking Lenght (months): 36
does anyone know whhat thats for?

when i go further down in my notes under MEDICAL, there is a due date of: May 21, 2014. does that mean it has been extended?
and IME: not started

i guess the good news is that my first set of notes was 16pages and the second set that i got today is 24, so maybe they are working on it??

i dont know...

Z

JANAIDIAN MRS

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 26, 2013
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do &amp; request for more years info on History: March 26, 2014 (they received March 31, 2013)
File Transfer...
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
April 3, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 22, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
MAY 5, 2014
LANDED..........
MAY 28, 2014
lovindahubby said:
Hey Janadian Mrs...

sorry but your timeline is very confusing...
it says your application was filed april 2013 and transferred March 2014..
it took a year for it to be transferred? ??? :-\...
i cant understand your timeline you have under name...
I never got AOR's so i just wrote the dates of when I found out they got certain items. My file was transfered from here in Canada to Jamaica on May 22nd of 2013 (so I put that as my AOR date). That is when I got my first communication of any kind and it said I was approved to be a sponsor for my husband.

I have no clue when it got to Jamaica. I didn't know I was supposed to get an AOR so I just waited and waited for 10 months until finally my husband got a letter to send in another police record check, which he did March 26th 2014. So I put that date as my file transfer (because I never got that second AOR.) This is also the date e-cas put as the date they started processing his file.

He sent in the requested info March 31, 2014
Passport Requested April 22, 2014
and e-cas changed to DM yesterday May 1st, 2014
and now I wait.

Any Better lovindahubby?

JANAIDIAN MRS

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 26, 2013
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
April 3, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 22, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
MAY 5, 2014
LANDED..........
MAY 28, 2014
chnkymnky said:
Hey All

I've been reading stories on this forum for about a year, just waiting to hear of success stories. I have been waiting already for a year and a half.... it's is killing me now to the point where I need a support system-- so thank you in advance.
Welcome Chnkymnky!!

HisOneAndOnly said:
Congrats JANAIDIAN MRS! Hubby will be home shortly.
CanJam said:
Welcome Palara :D
Yeah!!!! Janadian Mrs 8)
Carm... Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful landing stories and pictures ;D... Glad to hear that Hubby is adjusting :p
thank you!!!! So pumped!

HisOneAndOnly said:
You Guys have forgotten about me but that's OK :)

I have been staying away for a while just feeling out of it then decided to check ECAS moments ago and.....

DECISION MADE!!!

Color me dark purple please Kadi!
Congratulations!!!

palara said:
thank you...here some information if you don't already know, when you do your income tax file married even if they are in another country, CRA would need a letter on when you got married and how much money your spouse makes in that country and if you get monthly credits from them it will stop it until they asses you...really a pain
My father does my taxes and he didnt change my married status. we don't know what to do. Honestly I've never even seen what happens to my taxes. I just hand him my 4's. Soooo if possible could you explain exactly what is different for this year now that I am married? Is there a box he checks for Married? I have to write CRA a letter telling them when we got married? anythign else? Is this info posted anywhere?

JANAIDIAN MRS

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 26, 2013
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
April 3, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 22, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
MAY 5, 2014
LANDED..........
MAY 28, 2014
Twoheartsonelove said:
FABULOUS Janaidian Mrs!!! Start looking for flights!! LOL!!
Any pointers for finding cheap flights? I usually do Air Canada or West Jet. Are any other airlines good for this? the hubby doesnt like a ton fo stops I'm looking for the one stop in Toronto. So I think those airlines should be good. As per a previous question I asked about the time needed between flights I think it would be safest for him to have 3 hours between flights so as not to miss his connecting flight. I will begin looking soon!

josephine196901 said:
Just call them directly

876 920 0010 as long as you have the tracking number they can look for you!
So The boy called them again and he told me that they said the number will work once it has been picked up? so as of now it still doesn't work so it hasn't been picked up?

JDubsGirl

Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-13
AOR Received.
31-04-13
File Transfer...
27-05-13
Med's Done....
20-03-13
Interview........
None requested
Passport Req..
12-04-14
JANAIDIAN MRS said:
Any pointers for finding cheap flights? I usually do Air Canada or West Jet. Are any other airlines good for this? the hubby doesnt like a ton fo stops I'm looking for the one stop in Toronto. So I think those airlines should be good. As per a previous question I asked about the time needed between flights I think it would be safest for him to have 3 hours between flights so as not to miss his connecting flight. I will begin looking soon!

So The boy called them again and he told me that they said the number will work once it has been picked up? so as of now it still doesn't work so it hasn't been picked up?
You can try Fly Jamaica from Kingston to Toronto. They have the least expensive rates.