October 1, 2013
AOR Received.
November 22, 2013
File Transfer...
December 5, 2013
Med's Done....
May 28,2013
JDubsGirl said:
My husband got a phone call. The only notification I got was when he called me and told me.
Ok thanks will advise him to make sure his phone in not dead and he answers all call I wonder if they leave a message or they call back or is that your one missed opportunity

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
palara said:
Hi guys

I applied for my husband and his son who live in Jamaica on October 1, 2013 and was approved by Canada on November 22,2013 according to Kingston visa office it was rec'd December 5, 2013 the police record was done June 17, 2013 and medical was done May28, 2013 can someone but this information on the spreadsheet
Welcome Palara. All the best on your journey; praying you hear something soon; keep the faith!

I have added you the the spreadsheet.

Can you tell me what is you e-cas status so I can add it.

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
HisOneAndOnly said:
You Guys have forgotten about me but that's OK :)

I have been staying away for a while just feeling out of it then decided to check ECAS moments ago and.....

DECISION MADE!!!

Color me dark purple please Kadi!
Congrats HOAO ;) You will be colored dark purple hun :-* We usually do it once PP is received with shiny visa.

In the mean time I will update your status to Decision Made ;D

What date did you hand in the PP? that is missing from your record

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
palara said:
Ok thanks will advise him to make sure his phone in not dead and he answers all call I wonder if they leave a message or they call back or is that your one missed opportunity
Hey Palara;

From what I have seen with past forum members experiences; Kingston VO usually calls for passport request provided that no other documents are required.

Therefore if your husband's medicals and/or PC are not expired at the time your file is ready to be finalized then they will call hubby to hand in the PP.

However if any other documents are needed like original birth certificate or new PC; you might get an e-mail and or a call to ask you to take in PP along with those documents.

So you are right tell hubby to always ensure his phone is charged and near him at all times. I do think though that they would follow-up by e-mail if they dont get you by phone; and they always send whatever they e-mail by regular post. But they dont leave messages.

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
chnkymnky said:
Hey All

I've been reading stories on this forum for about a year, just waiting to hear of success stories. I have been waiting already for a year and a half.... it's is killing me now to the point where I need a support system-- so thank you in advance.
Welcome chnkymnky ;D ; happy you joined us. Hope we offer you the support you need during the process.

All the best and hang in there.

Do you mind sharing a little about your story and what is your immigration timeline and let me know if you would like to be added to the spreadsheet.

You will find a link to spreadsheet below my signature; link is titled KingstonVO

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
Good Morning JAMFAM,

Wishing everyone a fabulous weekend.

This week was slow but still steady and rewarding as a few of our forum family received wonderful news with PPR,PP returns, and decision mades.

Still gives everyone hope of time drawing nearer to this process coming to an end; so for that we have to be thankful.

In everything give thanks; someone is always worst off and remember God is always standing by and his time is the perfect time.

Congrats again to everyone who heard good news this week.

Kingston more work to be done; PP returns are over due , PPRs are waiting and not to mention In-Process and DMs.

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
palara said:
Hi Guys

I was just wondering how it works when they are requesting for his passport, do both parties get an email or would they mail the request to my husband address in Jamaica or do they call him, do I also get notify? I was just reviewing some of the form then I got confused...HELP :eek:
Hello there welcome. I have never gotten a call from the embassy. Everything they communicate with me is through email, however that's how we stated it on our application.

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HisOneAndOnly said:

I have been staying away for a while just feeling out of it then decided to check ECAS moments ago and.....

DECISION MADE!!!

congrats

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
chnkymnky said:
Hey All

I've been reading stories on this forum for about a year, just waiting to hear of success stories. I have been waiting already for a year and a half.... it's is killing me now to the point where I need a support system-- so thank you in advance.
Welcome to the JAMFAM forum Chnkymnky (lol cute name)!! You have come to the right spot for support and guidance whenever we can. Would you care to share your timeline and story? When did you apply? Any questions that you may have feel free to post and someone in the JAMFAM will be happy to answer if they can. The one thing that this process has taught most of us is that "try" to be patient and that nothing is ever the same when it comes to this journey. Cheers and once again Welcome!

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Kadi27 said:
Good Morning JAMFAM,

Wishing everyone a fabulous weekend.

This week was slow but still steady and rewarding as a few of our forum family received wonderful news with PPR,PP returns, and decision mades.

Still gives everyone hope of time drawing nearer to this process coming to an end; so for that we have to be thankful.

In everything give thanks; someone is always worst off and remember God is always standing by and his time is the perfect time.

Congrats again to everyone who heard good news this week.

Kingston more work to be done; PP returns are over due , PPRs are waiting and not to mention In-Process and DMs.
Good morning JAMFAM!

Kadi thank you for the words of encouragement always makes me feel better.

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Kadi27 said:
Hey Palara;

From what I have seen with past forum members experiences; Kingston VO usually calls for passport request provided that no other documents are required.

Therefore if your husband's medicals and/or PC are not expired at the time your file is ready to be finalized then they will call hubby to hand in the PP.

However if any other documents are needed like original birth certificate or new PC; you might get an e-mail and or a call to ask you to take in PP along with those documents.

So you are right tell hubby to always ensure his phone is charged and near him at all times. I do think though that they would follow-up by e-mail if they dont get you by phone; and they always send whatever they e-mail by regular post. But they dont leave messages.
The problem with this process is that KGN is not consistent with what they do! I would like to point out that one forum member received a letter which took over a month to get to her for them to redo the police check even though they had asked that communication be done by email or phone. Also recall that someone had posted once that they never leave voicemail messages so definitely tell spouse to have phone charged and handy. Oh and the call come through as "private" or "unknown".

HisOneAndOnly

Star Member
Mar 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2013
Doc's Request.
25-02-2014
File Transfer...
12-04-2013
Med's Done....
00-02-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
CdnandTrini said:
Never forgotten HOAO, sometimes we all need a moment to step back for a bit of quiet....... So now that you are back - CONGRATULATIONS ON DM!!!! So exciting the end is almost near and you will have much excitement to look forward to. Blessings. :D
Thank you CdnandTrini :-* So exciting, cant even think straight.

HisOneAndOnly

Star Member
Mar 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2013
Doc's Request.
25-02-2014
File Transfer...
12-04-2013
Med's Done....
00-02-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
Kadi27 said:
Congrats HOAO ;) You will be colored dark purple hun :-* We usually do it once PP is received with shiny visa.

In the mean time I will update your status to Decision Made ;D

What date did you hand in the PP? that is missing from your record
Oooops ;D I knew this but these things happen when one gets too excited. Thank you Kadi :)

Passport with additional doc. was sent on April 3rd.

HisOneAndOnly

Star Member
Mar 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2013
Doc's Request.
25-02-2014
File Transfer...
12-04-2013
Med's Done....
00-02-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014

josephine196901

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2013
Doc's Request.
01-04-2013
File Transfer...
05-05-2013
Med's Done....
04-07-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2014
HisOneAndOnly said:

DECISION MADE!!!

That is fantastic! Cant wait for those words to come from my mouth!

For those of you who went from In Process to Decision Made, what time does it go into Decision Made, is it anytime during the day, or is it updated by a computer overnight?