+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

_Mz_D_

Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats everyone on all the exciting updates!! Reading through all of your posts definitely makes me feel a lot more hopeful about this whole process getting sorted out quickly :)

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Kadi27 said:
Hey Jam Fam,

I know I have been MIA; and as I had said before I would have been very busy with work plus my son has been in a long recovery mode. Thank God he is much better!

Oh and I forgot my password and didn't want to change it cause I was sure I was putting in the right thing :p

Thanks to all who sent me a shout -out C&T, JoJrob, Greengurl and CanJam :-*

I have a lot of catching up to do so wont be able to name names but welcome all newbies and congrats to everyone who has heard good news or some news.

Lexi don't despair, notes will really get you depressed sometime as many have said before and we have seen with Nev the file is being processed but nothing updated on the notes.

So let me share what has been happening with us so far:

---I ordered notes in March and received them April 5, and nothing was on them
---Then on April 14, after months of not checking e-cas I saw "In-Process" :D
---And on April 15, hubby got an e-mail to re-do meds and PC

So again notes are sometimes no indication of whether your file is being worked on.

Stay blessed and keep prayed up Fam; Walk by faith and not sight.
Kadi that is wonderful news so hopefully you will be together very soon!!

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
sammystorm19 said:
It will just say application received. They should update it with Medicaid received but they don't always do that. The next thing you will see is "in process". That means PPR is close!!

And No they don't always update it when they say they will
I've been in 6 months now and it still says "Application Received". I was worried about the medicals not showing since some say that their status shows that so I called CIC (call centre) and they said that the medical was received. So frustrating that they are not consistent and it is different from person to person.

Hang in there JAMFAM!! I believe that we should have a few landing stories soon from ppl that have landed in the last few weeks. That always helps perk us up ;) :D

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
JAMCANSO4 said:
Hey, i can see that Kingston is working on those files.

I have a question: My husband jamaican passport will expire early next year and that passport is that one that is expecting to have the PR visa stamped in. i am wondering if it is best to renew it, or do i have to wait until after being that the embassy already have the current Passport number on file?
Immigration will need an up-to-date passport to put the visa into. Do not know how long in takes to get a passport renewed in JA but when we received the PPR call my husband (Port of Spain Trinidad VO) got his passport renewed right away and gave them both passports so they could see that they had the old one on file with the immigration application but they put the visa into the new one. Also whenever renewing, keep the old passport as proof of other travel etc. in case it is needed before your immigration file is completed/approved. You will get everything back once your application is done. Blessings.

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CdnandTrini said:
Immigration will need an up-to-date passport to put the visa into. Do not know how long in takes to get a passport renewed in JA but when we received the PPR call my husband (Port of Spain Trinidad VO) got his passport renewed right away and gave them both passports so they could see that they had the old one on file with the immigration application but they put the visa into the new one. Also whenever renewing, keep the old passport as proof of other travel etc. in case it is needed before your immigration file is completed/approved. You will get everything back once your application is done. Blessings.
That's too bad because I threw my old passport with all my stamps when I changed my name and got a new book.

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was thinking of my application that I probably had so much red flags and they prob think this girl is problem child :) and when I think it's over there other things like throwing out the old passport... Such a crazy girl! Oh well :)

No wonder my file taking so long :)

JAMCANSO4

Apr 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-13
AOR Received.
10-08-13
File Transfer...
08-09-13
Passport Req..
SOON
VISA ISSUED...
SOON
LANDED..........
SOON
CdnandTrini said:
Thanks for your reply, its was helpful.
Am gonna get him to renew his passport next week. In jamaica its take 14- 20 workings days other than express service which is same day or a week.

DONT WANT NO HOLD BACK.
KINGSTON LETS GO, I AM WAITING

HisOneAndOnly

Star Member
Mar 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2013
Doc's Request.
25-02-2014
File Transfer...
12-04-2013
Med's Done....
00-02-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
CdnandTrini said:
It's so true HOAO, a very painful process when you are in it. A bit like childbirth labour.....it seems like long slow torture at times and then BAM!! A beautiful thing happens and your memory of the pain recedes a bit :p. But unlike having a baby- immigration is definitely not something anyone wants to do again :D.
;D CdnandTrini you make me laugh which is good during this hard process. Don't know how childbirth labour feels as yet, hopefully soon (Blessings to All the mothers) but I can just imagine. This immigration journey is no joke.

There are some good things that can come out of this process though. It teaches us tolerance and patience among other things. My husband and I understand each other better even though we are apart. Due to the separation we make pledges and set marriage rules that works for us and one of the things we do is vow to never argue. Whenever we have disagreements we would talk about it/discuss it and it has been working beautifully for us. This eliminates unkind and hurtful words we cant take back, leads to a purer kind of love and set a good, solid foundation for when we actually live together. I could go on and on but point is, some good things can come out of this while we wait.

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PPR PPR
I was just wining, posted here, went back to the movie I was watching and playing a game on my table when the email came in Just now
It's over!!!!!!!

HisOneAndOnly

Star Member
Mar 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2013
Doc's Request.
25-02-2014
File Transfer...
12-04-2013
Med's Done....
00-02-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
Kadi27 said:
Hey Jam Fam,

So let me share what has been happening with us so far:

---I ordered notes in March and received them April 5, and nothing was on them
---Then on April 14, after months of not checking e-cas I saw "In-Process" :D
---And on April 15, hubby got an e-mail to re-do meds and PC

Stay blessed and keep prayed up Fam; Walk by faith and not sight.
Congrats Kadi, your long journey is soon over.

lexi

Sep 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
15-10-2013
Med's Done....
05-15-2013, Voluntary redo 10-02-2014
Interview........
19-11-2014
Passport Req..
19-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
28-11-2014 coming home with me!
HisOneAndOnly said:
;D CdnandTrini you make me laugh which is good during this hard process. Don't know how childbirth labour feels as yet, hopefully soon (Blessings to All the mothers) but I can just imagine. This immigration journey is no joke.

There are some good things that can come out of this process though. It teaches us tolerance and patience among other things. My husband and I understand each other better even though we are apart. Due to the separation we make pledges and set marriage rules that works for us and one of the things we do is vow to never argue. Whenever we have disagreements we would talk about it/discuss it and it has been working beautifully for us. This eliminates unkind and hurtful words we cant take back, leads to a purer kind of love and set a good, solid foundation for when we actually live together. I could go on and on but point is, some good things can come out of this while we wait.
So happy to hear that you are using your time in a positive direction. We could all take a page out of your book. It is a hard lesson in faith, patience and understanding. We all have to try so much harder to build and maintain our relationships because of the distance and process.

Thanks for your positivity this morning :d

lexi

Sep 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
15-10-2013
Med's Done....
05-15-2013, Voluntary redo 10-02-2014
Interview........
19-11-2014
Passport Req..
19-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
28-11-2014 coming home with me!
Need to be with Hubby said:
PPR PPR
I was just wining, posted here, went back to the movie I was watching and playing a game on my table when the email came in Just now
It's over!!!!!!!
Let me be the first one to congratulate you. That's awesome girl. We'll see you here soon.

HisOneAndOnly

Star Member
Mar 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2013
Doc's Request.
25-02-2014
File Transfer...
12-04-2013
Med's Done....
00-02-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
PPR PPR
It's over!!!!!!!
Congrats! Exciting moment, nothing can spoil your day today.

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
PPR PPR
It's over!!!!!!!
YYYIIPPPIEEE!!! Congrats NTBWH I am so very happy for you!!

Now get that PP to KGN with the return slip so that you can have it back ASAP!!