Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
CanJam said:
Hhhhmmm.... this makes me wonder :-\, because mine doesn't show "Medical Recieved"... only says ..."Application recieved" even though I applied Jan 2013... file transfer to Kgn Feb 2013

Asking all 2012, and early 2013 applicants does your Ecas say "Medical Recieved". ?

Also when on the CIC website I could only access my Ecas using "Immigration file" number & hubby's info (d.o.b...) is this normal, what is the UCI# for?
Yes mine says Medicals received; and I have also seen it on my notes. Though there is no standard to update eCas in a timely manner; it is best to be safe than sorry.

Like Ninirae it would be good to order notes even though its early but atleast it will say whether or not medical was received. Also; send a case specific enquiry like sammystorm to confirm receipt of the notes; Kingston may or may not respond. But for sure the notes are a sure bet and sometimes they take 30 days to respond to an e-mail anyway.

Best of luck guys.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Hey guys. Don't read to much into Ecas if it doesn't say medicals received. They don't always update the site. The only reason I asked was because I updated some info, sent more proof and thought I would ask about it. That's when they discovered they didn't have it even though it was sent in with the application. The meds have been sent in electronically since The beginning of the year so they shouldn't be lost. You can always email them and ask them....and wait forever for the reply back from them

Signing into Ecas....you can use our DOB and UCI number to see both yours and applicant info. You can also use your spouses DOB and the file number (starts with F) that was sent on the letter web you received sponsorship approval. Both look almost the same. Also....your spouse will also receive a UCI number once the application gets to JA. You can use that instead of the file number.

Again please remember....Ecas isn't always updated and sometimes will will stay saying application received until PPR is requested and decision is made

randomcitizen

Sep 30, 2011
CanJam said:
Welcome Randomcitizen, :D

I was just wondering what it was like when you sponsored your hubby i.e how long did it take, was there an interview etc?... I also assume that in his sponsorship process you had included the children?... that is what they recomend if you would like to sponsor children at a later time.

I am interested to know about the sponsorship of children part.... because I will be doing that in a few years after hubby arrives and is "settled in"
Thanks Canjam!
My husband was here on work permit when we met we got married before he went back to JA. We put in our application in November of 2010 and he arrived in July of 2011. It felt like an eternity but once they arrive you forget all that pain and suffering and it's all but a distant memory. He had no interview. We included his daughter as a non accompanying dependent because we knew we would bring her like you said, once we got settled in. I never had any communication from Kingston after his package arrived even though I sent a few emails in vain. I sent an email to kingston in June because his medicals were due to expire in august and shortly after that our status changed to Medicals Recieved and very shortly after that he got the call to drop his passport. After the long wait in silence the last part went very quickly. Kingston also asked for his itinerary so we took a chance and booked his flight within 2 weeks not knowing if he'd get it back in time. He got it back days before his flight left. So that's pretty much our long story short. It's not easy but we get through it and in the big picture it's months apart for the greater good of a lifetime together (hopefully ;) )

Mrs. Davis

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 05 2013
File Transfer...
05 07 2013
Med's Done....
02 2013
Kadi, did yours say med received right from the beginning?

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
Mrs. Davis said:
Kadi, did yours say med received right from the beginning?
yes it did; but I would agree with Sammystorm; don't read too much into it. it may just be another symptom of the strike where ecas is just not updated.

If you are someone who is a stickler for details and just want peace of mind then order your your notes or email them; it's $5 for the notes so it maybe fine to order them again when it actually counts if your application is taking longer than you expect.

Angella

Star Member
Mar 22, 2010
North York ONT
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2009
File Transfer...
07-11-2009 KGN Rec'vd July 30 2009
Passport Req..
9/06/2010
LANDED..........
10/18/2010
Hello Room I just heard back from Kingston Jamaica Immigration Visa section concerning my stepdaughter status. They are extremely vague, which I hate. It has been 6 months and they have not received a phone call/letter from them concerning her medical which has expired (money thing). So I will just wait. Kingston still moving slower than turtles and the fact they were on strike (visa sector) during the summer months does not help anyones case. :mad: ....... below is what I received from them

This Family Class application was received in Kingston on 30 July 2013. The application is currently in the queue for initial review. It will be reviewed in accordance with its place in the queue for applicants in this category, based on the application received date. Following the initial review, the applicant will be advised directly of the decision or any next steps.

Processing times for these applications are calculated from the date the application is received by the Kingston visa office. The times to first review, interview (if required), and finalization may vary depending on the number of new applications received and the individual complexity of each application. Applicants may also refer to our website, www.jamaica.gc.ca, for more information about processing times.

We continue to work hard to make our processing of Family Class applications as efficient as possible, while at the same time bearing in mind the capacity of our settlement community to support and assist newcomers with their transition toward making Canada their home.

frankfield

Sep 5, 2011
Over the years of spying... I have heard so many landing stories of hope, painful separation, anguish, disappointment, anger-border-lining rage, love, spirituality and missing- my- lover kind of longings..I could go on. I have never heard anyone share how their partner was coping and the mechanics of dealing with this type of life experience as far as the immigration process goes.. Would you share, if you please, response of men when they are called to bring in and pick up passport.. If you have completed the process what was it like when you heard your spouse got the CALL!!! or when you saw movement on your file vis-a-vie Ecas. To edit my experience, when I saw decision made I was so frightened that I screamed.. RAAASSS! I am not a Jamaican swearing kind of girl.. The F words works just fine for me but deep down in my Jamaican soul there was a R @ @ @ @ @ @ Cloth waiting to come out and it did on that day. My husband said when he went to pick up his paper the woman at the window was explaining somethings to him and he was quite plugged in until she opened the passport and he saw the gold stand and after that he could not hear anymore..went deaf. All he saw was her head moving up and down, her teeth grinning and he could swear she was saying poo papa pa pa. He shared that with me on my way home and I literally held on to a rail to stop myself from falling down laughing. I thought I would cry when the process was over but instead I laughed so hard the folks behind started laughing too. It was a great day. How do you think you will act when it is over? You might be surprised! If you are in the beginning of the process, at the middle or ending.. it will come to a head and then it is over... never forget this fact.. No matter how lucky or salt you are, everyone here will get to DECISION MADE!!!! Eventually...

canjam110412

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
03-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-07-2013
Med's Request
07/27/14-redo
Med's Done....
nov 2012 redone- Aug 2014
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
10/21/14
VISA ISSUED...
10/28/14
LANDED..........
11/12/14
Ninirae said:
Oh man, I can only log in with MY information and our Client ID number. Is that normal???
Yeah me to I can only log in with my client id to.

frankfield

Sep 5, 2011
That was not a typo.. gold stand is what he saw, the gold stamp look like it was sitting on a stand.. So his eyes seemed to have gone blind too along with his earring. So you can just imagine how he got to Clarendon that evening after picking up the Passport in Kingston. And that night nothing he was saying made sense either.. Deaf, blind and dumb.. this is what Canada visa did to him. Now when stress and tiredness lick him I say " teck visa under you ra** bwoy and we get a good laugh.

jahdes

Oct 9, 2013
KNG
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February-2012
File Transfer...
August 2012
Med's Request
June-2012
Med's Done....
July6 2012
Interview........
April 23 2013
Passport Req..
May 9 2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
So true Frankfield, I can just imagine hubby when he saw that too did you know I picture myself that day getting those shiny visa me and the kids to be honest I think I will cry tears of joy, I spoke with my hubby this morning and I never heard him swear until today all the 21mths of waiting he was always encouraging me to be strong cause he knows that its there waiting for me but I guess after waking up this morning and hearing my voice he was sad I know he misses me but I guess he couldn't hold out any longer he started to curse and said wat the F***** those people in Kingston going on with they not replying to his e-mail not to mention my lawyers e-mail I really think he wants me and kids home for Christmas. I encourage him send him a nice pic to keep him going through out the day at wrk he sends back a big :-* :D. Its frustrating I would definetly share my story when I get that shiny visa me and kids. The kids looking forward especially the smaller one she always talks about the snow and making snow man.

frankfield

Sep 5, 2011
frankfield said:
I thought I would cry when the process was over but instead I laughed so hard the folks behind started me laughing too.

Even now I still remember and cannot contain myself. The words in red shows the spirit of confusion is till around and still play games with me as I write about our story.

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
Angella said:
Hello Room I just heard back from Kingston Jamaica Immigration Visa section concerning my stepdaughter status. They are extremely vague, which I hate. It has been 6 months and they have not received a phone call/letter from them concerning her medical which has expired (money thing). So I will just wait. Kingston still moving slower than turtles and the fact they were on strike (visa sector) during the summer months does not help anyones case. :mad: ....... below is what I received from them

This Family Class application was received in Kingston on 30 July 2013. The application is currently in the queue for initial review. It will be reviewed in accordance with its place in the queue for applicants in this category, based on the application received date. Following the initial review, the applicant will be advised directly of the decision or any next steps.

Processing times for these applications are calculated from the date the application is received by the Kingston visa office. The times to first review, interview (if required), and finalization may vary depending on the number of new applications received and the individual complexity of each application. Applicants may also refer to our website, www.jamaica.gc.ca, for more information about processing times.

We continue to work hard to make our processing of Family Class applications as efficient as possible, while at the same time bearing in mind the capacity of our settlement community to support and assist newcomers with their transition toward making Canada their home.
Thanks for updating us Angella; Sorry it wasn't better news but atleast they answered and your application was received

Random citizen this is the member I was referring to.

canuck0468

Nov 5, 2012
Good afternoon forum family and I trust everyone is in fine spirits today. Although the weather is cold as hades, there is a silver lining that comes with it. I have found over the years that the IO in KG are sadistic little sh!ts and they seem to thrive on sending our loved to CA when it is this frigid. So come on KG, bring it on, our familie(s) can handle it. :D

A man was walking along a California beach and stumbled across an old lamp. He picked it up and rubbed it and out popped a genie!

The genie said, "OK. You released me from the lamp, blah, blah blah. This is the fourth time this month and I'm getting a little sick of these wishes. So you can forget about getting three wishes. You only get one wish.

The man sat down on the beach and thought about it for awhile. Then he said, "I've always wanted to go to Hawaii; but I'm scared to fly and I get very seasick. Could you build me a bridge to Hawaii so that I can drive over there to visit?"

The genie laughed and said, "That's impossible! Think of the logistics of that! How would the supports ever reach the bottom of the Pacific? Think of how much concrete... how much steel...! No. Think of another wish."

The man tried to think of another wish. Finally, he said, "I've been married and divorced several times. My wives always said that I don't care and that I'm insensitive. So I wish that I could understand women... know how they feel inside and what they're thinking when they give me the silent treatment...know why they're crying...know what they really want when they say, 'Nothing'...know how to make them truly happy...."

The genie said, "You want that bridge two lanes or four?"

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
:D good one canuck

canuck0468 said:
Good afternoon forum family and I trust everyone is in fine spirits today. Although the weather is cold as hades, there is a silver lining that comes with it. I have found over the years that the IO in KG are sadistic little sh!ts and they seem to thrive on sending our loved to CA when it is this frigid. So come on KG, bring it on, our familie(s) can handle it. :D

A man was walking along a California beach and stumbled across an old lamp. He picked it up and rubbed it and out popped a genie!

The genie said, "OK. You released me from the lamp, blah, blah blah. This is the fourth time this month and I'm getting a little sick of these wishes. So you can forget about getting three wishes. You only get one wish.

The man sat down on the beach and thought about it for awhile. Then he said, "I've always wanted to go to Hawaii; but I'm scared to fly and I get very seasick. Could you build me a bridge to Hawaii so that I can drive over there to visit?"

The genie laughed and said, "That's impossible! Think of the logistics of that! How would the supports ever reach the bottom of the Pacific? Think of how much concrete... how much steel...! No. Think of another wish."

The man tried to think of another wish. Finally, he said, "I've been married and divorced several times. My wives always said that I don't care and that I'm insensitive. So I wish that I could understand women... know how they feel inside and what they're thinking when they give me the silent treatment...know why they're crying...know what they really want when they say, 'Nothing'...know how to make them truly happy...."

The genie said, "You want that bridge two lanes or four?"

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
They need more people to work in kingston until they are caught up with the applications!!!! :'( :'( :'(