Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Re: Reply: Kingston,Jamaica

Nevaeha said:
Way to get em', CdnandTrini! :D
lol.... ;D Our fraudster has also been busy on the other threads and some of the poor newbies have been taking their time to respond. Some people....smh.

Hope you are keeping well Miss. Nev. Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
chickie72 said:
LMAO you go girl!
thanks chickie72 :p......gotta protect the jamfam!! Blessings my dear.

tamarindball

Sep 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
Tons of thanks Danielle. For the records my E-cas is still showing in process so it really hasn't changed which is a first as it did change when I got sponsorship approval to DM and then to in process when I got PPR.I hardly used to check it though as I realised it could become very addictive and I didn't think it was all that foolproof anyway plus had e-cas tracker which alerts me when there's a change so you will get something like this by email: Hello,This is the e-CAS Tracker system at https://ecas.carroll.org.uk
It looks like your e-CAS has just been updated...Latest update:"Medical results have been received."

For more information, please sign into e-CAS yourself:
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do

Was this update useful? Remember to tell others who are immigrating about
the tracker! https://ecas.carroll.org.uk

Do you have questions about sponsorship, immigration, or citizenship? e-CAS
Tracker recommends the Road to Canada community forums at
http://www.roadtocanada.com/forums/ and Immipedia, the Canadian immigration
encyclopedia at http://immipedia.ca

Some persons here probably already know about it.

danielle902 said:
Congrats tamarind on your permanent residency.
Enjoy your celebrations. :)

Question for the family:
Every day we check the ecas to no avail. Is there a real reason why we should be checking this? I'm wondering if I will ever find anything there. I heard they give you a call when they need something or have gone to the next step. Yet I keep checking this ecas like a fool. Please tell me... That one day I will see something other than....

1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 24, 2012.

2. Medical results have been received.

Much Love everyone.
Have faith in the system. They have gotten us this far.. Keep the faith.

<3 D

jamaicalove

Dec 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 12, 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012, Re-done Nov 2013
Passport Req..
26-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-05-2014
LANDED..........
30-06-214
Morning! Yes, we are still waiting for a decision on our file... They seem to be taking some major holidays! Oh well, just sit and wait :)

sebella2105

Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
27-08-2013
Thanks so much for such a warm welcome and all of the support. It feels great to know that I can talk to people that have been through this themselves, and even more reassuring to see so many success stories! You've already given me great advice!

I just received the official wedding certificate in the mail today, and I'm just waiting on detailed call logs from my cell phone company to include in the application. I have already printed out every picture that we have together, not just of us but also pictures with our family as well. Other than proof of correspondence, pictures, boarding passes etc, call logs, is there anything else that anyone would recommend putting into our application?

Also, how did everyone file their paperwork? Did you send everything at once with all of the fees? Or do you send in the sponsorship application first and then send in the application for PR? We have all of the money for the fees already as we have been looking into this for quite some time.

I know its going to be a long and probably stressful experience waiting.... but I'm getting excited already!

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and &quot;in process&quot; Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
jamaicalove said:
Morning! Yes, we are still waiting for a decision on our file... They seem to be taking some major holidays! Oh well, just sit and wait :)
Whaaaaat????? @jamaicalove.......they have had your passport since February? And you have not heard anything since? Am I reading that correctly??

sebella2105

Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
27-08-2013
OHH and one other questions regarding police clearance and medical. I know they have an expiration date but how long are they valid for?? When should my hubby go to get them done? Do we have to have those done before we file the paperwork? Or wait until it is requested?

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and &quot;in process&quot; Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sebella2105 said:
Thanks so much for such a warm welcome and all of the support. It feels great to know that I can talk to people that have been through this themselves, and even more reassuring to see so many success stories! You've already given me great advice!

I just received the official wedding certificate in the mail today, and I'm just waiting on detailed call logs from my cell phone company to include in the application. I have already printed out every picture that we have together, not just of us but also pictures with our family as well. Other than proof of correspondence, pictures, boarding passes etc, call logs, is there anything else that anyone would recommend putting into our application?

Also, how did everyone file their paperwork? Did you send everything at once with all of the fees? Or do you send in the sponsorship application first and then send in the application for PR? We have all of the money for the fees already as we have been looking into this for quite some time.

I know its going to be a long and probably stressful experience waiting.... but I'm getting excited already!
Welcome @sebella2105, I suggest sending everything together along with paying the full amount. I did that along with many others on the forum and it appears to shave a bit of time off the Visa Office needing to make another request. You want to do everything possible to reduce the chances of them missing something, making an error or causing any delays. Blessings.

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth&amp; Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med &amp; PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
sebella2105 said:
OHH and one other questions regarding police clearance and medical. I know they have an expiration date but how long are they valid for?? When should my hubby go to get them done? Do we have to have those done before we file the paperwork? Or wait until it is requested?
Hi Sebella; it is usually best to pay all the fees at once as it avoids any unnecessary delays with the application. It is even mentioned in the guide on the CIC website.

I will be corrected if I am wrong by more experienced members but from what I have read medicals and police clearance certificates expire one year from the date they are done.

Hope this helps.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
sebella2105 said:

I also included letters from our family and friends. I didn't pay for my RPRF right away and it has ended up putting my application behind several months, so i would suggest paying everything up front!.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
CdnandTrini said:
Whaaaaat????? @ jamaicalove.......they have had your passport since February? And you have not heard anything since? Am I reading that correctly??
They took their passport from the interview so yes they still have to do all the criminality and security checks before making the decision on the application before sending back PP.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
sebella2105 said:
yes Kadi was right, it is one year for each and yes you need to supply both when you submit the application or it will be returned to you. Believe me when I tell you this one as this is another thing that held up my application LOL mine was a mess from the getgo!

sebella2105

Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
27-08-2013
chickie72 said:
I also included letters from our family and friends. I didn't pay for my RPRF right away and it has ended up putting my application behind several months, so i would suggest paying everything up front!.
Good to know!!! I definitely don't want to hold up the process, I need my man here with me! :D I was thinking of getting friends and family to write letters but I didn't know if providing documents that they don't ask for would interfere with the process, so I'm glad to know someone was thinking on the same wavelength as me!
Thanks so much for the information! It has been much more helpful than any research I have done on my own so far.

Does anyone know where to get medicals done? He lives in Lucea so I'm thinking Mobay would be the best option for him (I doubt they do them in Sav or Negril lol)

jamaicalove

Dec 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 12, 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012, Re-done Nov 2013
Passport Req..
26-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-05-2014
LANDED..........
30-06-214
CdnandTrini said:
Whaaaaat????? @ jamaicalove.......they have had your passport since February? And you have not heard anything since? Am I reading that correctly??
No, they have had it since April... But really at this point does it matter, i stopped counting awhile ago :) we had an interview in June... I got my notes and they havnt touched the file since the interview.... And i noticed they didn't even have ask the emails i have sent to them... whateves, it will end eventually!

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
tamarindball said:
PP and COPR finally received. Happy happy happy. Wasn't sure if I should scream but i actually didn't i guess since it wasn't such a surprise as I was expecting it before noon today. As I was about to type the first digit to track the package, I suddenly heard the buzzer. Was more surprised to see that the same Fedex agent who picked up my pkage on July 2 for Kgn/Jamaica was the same one who returned it to me.And he said, "your package is finally back. It took so long". So I said, "not really, but still I was expecting it before but glad it finally came back". So while I never screamed, I felt more inclined to get down on my knees (which I did even before opening the envelope) and give God thanks as it wouldn't have been possible without Him and my journey was really a smooth one but with my husband being Cdn born/citizen, us living together both in Ja and in Canada, and being married for a few years, it was pretty straightforward even though with CIC you don't know what to expect but I am glad everything worked out at the right time.

So to all those expecting a landing story I don't really have one since I am already in Canada. However, what I will share is my landing experience when I go to the border to get my documents signed and validated which should be within a week. So here's wishing you all great success with your process especially those waiting for a long time. I even dreamt about being with you all last night and Nev you were the only one that revealed yourself as everyone else was sleeping - I forgot the entire dream but that part stands out in my mind) I will still be part of this family as you guys have been very supportive and I would like to continue supporting you and sharing your pain some days but victory in the long run as long as time allows. Just remember to hang in there, dont give up as that's what the enemy would like so don't let him win over your situation as he's a liar and you are all more than conquerors. Your time will come at the right time but you have to trust God's timing. Whatever happens, remember He knows what's best for you even when it doesn't make much sense at the time. He has good plans for you, plans to prosper you and not to cause you any harm. To all the long time members, Maddants, Nevaeha, Chickie and others, you have all been inspiring even in your moments of frustration and that's what makes the forum so real. Just know that your light is already shining at the end of the tunnel and any day it will be flooding your face. You're almost at the finished line so stay strong. Love you all

Tamarind
hey there sis... congrats on getting your passport back with your visa inside it....wish you and hubby all the best