Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
sebella2105 said:
Good to know!!! I definitely don't want to hold up the process, I need my man here with me! :D I was thinking of getting friends and family to write letters but I didn't know if providing documents that they don't ask for would interfere with the process, so I'm glad to know someone was thinking on the same wavelength as me!
Thanks so much for the information! It has been much more helpful than any research I have done on my own so far.

Does anyone know where to get medicals done? He lives in Lucea so I'm thinking Mobay would be the best option for him (I doubt they do them in Sav or Negril lol)
Montego Bay is the closest place to get your medical done....here is the link to show where to get your medical done in Jamaica

http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

stacyr320

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
File Transfer...
08-01-2014
Med's Done....
08-01-2014
Interview........
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
26-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2015
LANDED..........
31-01-2015
Thanks @ charlie the place on windsor ave to get our marriage certificate only ended up costing $40.....this forum is so helpful..next we gotta get his police check done and his medical.......im going down next week and hell sign his portion of the sponsorship papers.... and just making sure??? i need to get 4 passport photos of him? and a photocopy of his passport or birth certificate? im still nervous about the whole weed thing and getting his medical exam done but i guess well find out when it happens.. thinking positive and told him to make sure not to smoke atleast a week before he gets it done....i also wanted to know.. kinda nervous becuz my family has not met him yet.. just phone calls and stuff.. so no pics to send in with the application with my side of the family... we are gonna plan a trip in the winter while we are waiting and stuff.. is anybody in the same boat as me???

saskia

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June. 2012
Doc's Request.
June 2013
Med's Request
Re-do medical June 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
July 1, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 18, 2013
LANDED..........
March 19, 2014
Hey chickie,

I still haven't received my pp..i emailed kingston they say my application is still pending further review n they can't provide me with an update of my status on a regular basis..I haven't emailed KG until a year had passed on my application n that after pp request..what a thing for them to say

waitingonforever

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2012
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
13-05-2013
Passport Req..
in the hands of the visa office from the time of interview/ DM October 20/2013
VISA ISSUED...
not soon enough
LANDED..........
couldn't be soon enough
saskia said:
Hey chickie,

I still haven't received my pp..i emailed kingston they say my application is still pending further review n they can't provide me with an update of my status on a regular basis..I haven't emailed KG until a year had passed on my application n that after pp request..what a thing for them to say
Thats the same e-mail they sent to me after inquiring..they probably have a automated response button...lol :p

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
chickie72 said:
They took their passport from the interview so yes they still have to do all the criminality and security checks before making the decision on the application before sending back PP.
Thanks chickie, I was a bit shocked to see that. Usually the POS & Kingston offices do not hold the passport that long - do they? So the person cannot travel anywhere while the VO is doing all of the criminal and security checks? Always learning ???

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
jamaicalove said:
No, they have had it since April... But really at this point does it matter, i stopped counting awhile ago :) we had an interview in June... I got my notes and they havnt touched the file since the interview.... And i noticed they didn't even have ask the emails i have sent to them... whateves, it will end eventually!
hi jamaicalove, just saw your post now......I wondered because usually when the PP is requested it is not "normally" too long after that when things really start moving. You have a good attitude though. I wish and hope and pray (so does my hubby) that I will learn to stop counting :D. So far it has not worked. Blessings.

jamaicalove

Dec 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 12, 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012, Re-done Nov 2013
Passport Req..
26-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-05-2014
LANDED..........
30-06-214
CdnandTrini said:
hi jamaicalove, just saw your post now......I wondered because usually when the PP is requested it is not "normally" too long after that when things really start moving. You have a good attitude though. I wish and hope and pray (so does my hubby) that I will learn to stop counting :D. So far it has not worked. Blessings.
I used to obsess over ecas , checking it everyday, but then they changed/upgraded the sure and it didn't work on my phone, so i just dont think about it anymore :) i was annoyed at first, but it was blessing in disguise :) i feel more free now. But i still have the odd day. I don't think there is anything wrong with counting! Just don't get to frustrated over it, cuz not much you can do :)

Akiikwe

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Hubby...Decemebr 9, 2011 & expired. med redone and handed in at interview on Sept. 17/13
Interview........
September 17, 2013
Passport Req..
waiting
Hello everyone, just dropping by for a visit. Welcome to the newbies. To introduce myself to the newbies, I am Mrs. Maddants. There is a good source of information here on this forum and everyone is so helpful. I am not here to often as hubby is on this forum more than I am. We are just in the waiting game just like everyone else. It has now been 19 months since we have sent in our application and 13 months since Kingston has received it. Interview is scheduled and that day is approaching...and I am counting the days to that too. We are just waiting for that day to get done and over with. Talk about counting the days, I find it hard to quit! LOL! Maybe i should stop counting, but what else do i have to do in this wait. I am just hopping it will not be much longer after Maddants interview. But the way things are going, who knows. We just have to keep hanging in there!

Also, Congrads tamarindball!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Chickie, it has been so long for you. I hope you hear some news soon.

samll1

Star Member
Jun 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2012
File Transfer...
28-09-2012
Med's Request
21-08- 2012
Med's Done....
14-08- 2012
Interview........
none thank u lord
Passport Req..
16-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-12-2013
I was looking on the spreadsheet and I could see that you guys have me down that my hubby received his pp. I wish we did, but we are still waiting. I think the pp wait is the worst part of this process. You think your finally done when you get that email or phone call and you bring it in and it feels like forever. I hope he gets it this week or by Monday because I want him home. I had enough of this immigration thing, I just had it. I know God's timing is the best timing thats how I'm surviving day to day because of God my father. If it wasn't for him I know, I would of lost it by now. If I had to do this all over again for my hubby I know I would do it again. it's the grace of God that keeps us and the love that we have for our spouse that holds us together. Thank you my father for holding my hand and keeping me together along this journey and please keep holding on to me.

samll1

Star Member
Jun 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2012
File Transfer...
28-09-2012
Med's Request
21-08- 2012
Med's Done....
14-08- 2012
Interview........
none thank u lord
Passport Req..
16-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-12-2013
I'm always lurking, so when my hubby gets his pp I will let you guys know for sure.

cafelatte02

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/03/2013
Doc's Request.
09/17/2014, birth, marriage cert. and sched. A
AOR Received.
19/04/2013
File Transfer...
03/04/2013
Med's Done....
15/01/2013
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
29/09/2014!!!
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/2014
LANDED..........
PLEASE GOD MAKE HUBBY FLY WITH ME ON OCT19 - AND SO HE DID!
Hi everyone,

I've found this wonderful forum while doing some research online seeking for advice concerning my hubby's sponsorship application. It's so comforting to know that we are not the only couple going through this long and difficult process, that we can truly find some support here and we can also witness the happiness of those who finally reach the main goal of that significant journey, hoping that our time will come as soon as possible.

Our application was sent on March 1st, 2013. We did send everything at once, medical, police record, full payment, etc... I received the letter saying that the sponsor part was approved on Apr.3rd, and the immigration file was sent to KG, then nothing. Is it that letter that shows the ICU and file F# that you are calling the AOR? I emailed KG two days ago, politely asking them if they could confirm that they did receive my husband's file, because I know that the paperwork sometimes goes God knows were, and since it takes forever to get any form of feedback, I was thinking that it might be wise to be proactive ;)

It will soon be our 4th year as a couple, 14 months being married and I'm traveling to JA every four months because they won't grant him a visitor visa. We didn't want to rush anything at first, but we NEVER thought it would take that long to be together! If we knew, we would probably get married earlier. Much better when mommy and daddy are starting a family living under the same roof. My biological clock is ticking and we know how much heart breaking it should be being tore apart. Decisions, decisions...

I'll keep on reading you all.

Good night and sweet dreams my friends. May we read plenty of happy endings very soon xxx

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
samll1 said:
I was looking on the spreadsheet and I could see that you guys have me down that my hubby received his pp. I wish we did, but we are still waiting. I think the pp wait is the worst part of this process. You think your finally done when you get that email or phone call and you bring it in and it feels like forever. I hope he gets it this week or by Monday because I want him home. I had enough of this immigration thing, I just had it. I know God's timing is the best timing thats how I'm surviving day to day because of God my father. If it wasn't for him I know, I would of lost it by now. If I had to do this all over again for my hubby I know I would do it again. it's the grace of God that keeps us and the love that we have for our spouse that holds us together. Thank you my father for holding my hand and keeping me together along this journey and please keep holding on to me.
Hi Samll1 spreadsheet updated; I really hope too the passport arrives soon. But as you say God is always on time ;) All the best!

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
cafelatte02 said:
Hi everyone,

I've found this wonderful forum while doing some research online seeking for advice concerning my hubby's sponsorship application. It's so comforting to know that we are not the only couple going through this long and difficult process, that we can truly find some support here and we can also witness the happiness of those who finally reach the main goal of that significant journey, hoping that our time will come as soon as possible.

Our application was sent on March 1st, 2013. We did send everything at once, medical, police record, full payment, etc... I received the letter saying that the sponsor part was approved on Apr.3rd, and the immigration file was sent to KG, then nothing. Is it that letter that shows the ICU and file F# that you are calling the AOR? I emailed KG two days ago, politely asking them if they could confirm that they did receive my husband's file, because I know that the paperwork sometimes goes God knows were, and since it takes forever to get any form of feedback, I was thinking that it might be wise to be proactive ;)

It will soon be our 4th year as a couple, 14 months being married and I'm traveling to JA every four months because they won't grant him a visitor visa. We didn't want to rush anything at first, but we NEVER thought it would take that long to be together! If we knew, we would probably get married earlier. Much better when mommy and daddy are starting a family living under the same roof. My biological clock is ticking and we know how much heart breaking it should be being tore apart. Decisions, decisions...

Good night and sweet dreams my friends. May we read plenty of happy endings very soon xxx

Welcome Cafelatte; all the best on this journey and this forum is really full of supportive and helpful members.

Chicke72 has a link to a spreadsheet as in her signature; let us know if you would like to be added. As regards to the AOR, Kingston hardly ever sends one.

So if they respond to your email, persons normally just uses that if they confirm receipt.

Hope this helps.

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
cafelatte02 said:
Hi everyone,

Welcome cafelatte and congratulations on your sponsorship approval! Chickie or Kadi will add you to the spreadsheet (located under Chickie's ticker) in just a moment. You can reference the spreadsheet to see the processing timelines of the members on this thread.

Because many (if not most of us) never received an AOR from KG, we are referring to the AOR as the confirmation 1) when KG replies to our email when we ask them if they received our application or 2) when we received our sponsorship approval letter (we know it takes approximately two weeks for the application to make it to KG once we have been approved).

Things have slowed down in KG for the summer (as usual) and we're all hoping for great news come September.

I wish you a speedy processing time!

danielle902

Oct 6, 2011
Barrie Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 21st 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 2nd 2012
Med's Request
Nov 9th 2012
Med's Done....
July 24 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Dec 9 2012
LANDED..........
before xmas? maybe?
Silly question probably. But here is goes.

How many people have sent in their passport without a request first.

Hope all is doing well.
Doing my best to stay in good spirits as I hope everyone else is.

<3 D