+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

frankfield

Sep 5, 2011
Nevaeha said:
Thank you, frankfield. :-*

You know how much your words mean to me...you are my angel here on earth/the forum.

May you continue to be blessed from head to toe.
Sistren with a name like "HEAVEN" you know the forces of oppression will try to come against you.. everything ten thousand times harder but the victory is even that more sweeter.. keep on faith, all ANGELS SURROUND YOU, to give you strength for the journey.

frankfield

Sep 5, 2011
Jamgirl said:
Well said! And so very true! +1
Jamgirl you see how you have the prize.. and the victory. No amount of hate and disrespect can hold down the blessing. Happy to hear the good news that hubby and you have been blocking out the noise and making some babies.. sweet!

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Ahhhhh sweet Jamaica. How I've missed you!!!

Well the hubby and the baby are stuck together like glue. He can't seem to get enough of her. The look on his face hen he saw her was priceless and so full of love.

I will check in from time to time to see how everyone is doin and for progress updates. Now back to my family. Xo

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
sammystorm19 said:

Well the hubby and the baby are stuck together like glue. He can't seem to get enough of her. The look on his face hen he saw her was priceless and so full of love.

I will check in from time to time to see how everyone is doin and for progress updates. Now back to my family. Xo
Thanks for the update, Sammy!

So happy to hear you and baby arrived in JA safely.
:-*

waitingonforever

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2012
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
13-05-2013
Passport Req..
in the hands of the visa office from the time of interview/ DM October 20/2013
VISA ISSUED...
not soon enough
LANDED..........
couldn't be soon enough
sammystorm19 said:

Sounds beautiful Sammy...I love it when a family can spend time and come together with love....even if we live thousands of miles apart...its a wonderful gift...congrats sammy :D You are blessed

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
sammystorm19 said:

hey there sis im glad you had a safe trip to jamaica and you and your daughter get to see your hubby....hope you enjoy the time you are out here and maybe on day we will sure get to meet up.

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 & Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
frankfield said:
Jamgirl you see how you have the prize.. and the victory. No amount of hate and disrespect can hold down the blessing. Happy to hear the good news that hubby and you have been blocking out the noise and making some babies.. sweet!
Thanks Frankie!

lonely_cdnwife

Star Member
Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
Doc's Request.
10-04-2014
AOR Received.
05-06-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
Hey guys!

I've been lurking for a while due to the rough times i've been having. In my culture we recognize the energy people have and do not encourage the spread of negative energy, so i have tried to distance myself from the forum and not spread any bad feelings. Constant questions from friends/family about when my husband will be here was really starting to get to me, and I know that they mean well, but the constant reminder that I cannot be with my husband was something very difficult to work through. The positive words and stories from this forum is definitely a god send and i oddly feel better knowing i'm not in this alone ... that there is a forum full of great people experiencing the same journey as I am.

I just wanted to thank you all for the positive impact you have been for me :)

frankfield said:
Welcome back Nev..

Sometimes it is good to step away from the fire. Who said life is fair? It isn't for we see good people thrown in the fire over and over again. And evil in all its splendour trample upon the meek. But we also know in the face of injustice, inequality, immorality Jah has a funny way to speak to us.. Showing us the reason behind the mystery, the disappointment. Can you remember a time when you wanted something so badly(the job, the man, the child whatever) and when you did not get it, how devastated you were only to later on find out when the child, the job, the man arrived the timing could not have been more perfect. Who wants to wait in this wretched process, it is expensive, its lonely, it is sad.. But when everything comes together it will be worth waiting for. I remember those days when I see someone's process taking 3 months and I felt jealous, even a little pissed.

Sometimes I felt that relationship may not even be a real marriage, may not even last.. But how wrong I was for who was I to determine real love you know! But I was not really angry about their love just wanted mine to really get the chance to grow in the same space. I encourage everyone, it will happen for you and every prayer or tears shed will be acknowledge...Jah still remembers you. The immigration office does not know you and might not even care but the great WISH MAKER is working while you sleep. Be blessed, Jah never makes a mistake, there is no error in his judgement. His timing is perfect even when we count the second in the day like It's a day passed... Jah knows and loves you, dreams a greater dream for you than you can dream for yourself. I have my own struggles and rely on others to cheer me up.. I am not always positive about the outcome of many things in my life. But I know when others need a calm reminder that all will be well, I open my virtual arms to embrace those who need a hug. I dedicate this strange, weird, unpopular song to you Nev because the words make sense.. ciao!

http://youtu.be/hmT7jx4kP1s

sebella2105

Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
27-08-2013
Hey Everyone

I am new to this forum, although I've been lurking for quite a while reading all of your stories and trying to get some information. I just got married in July in Jamaica and I am looking to sponsor my husband to come here. We have a child together (he is 6 months old). I am just waiting on receiving the official marriage certificate in the mail (I just have the hand written marriage register right now) This whole process seems a bit daunting and not quite sure where to start. I spoke with an immigration lawyer who is willing to take on my case however it is quite expensive if this is something I could easily do by myself. I am just a little apprehensive because I want to make sure everything is done properly to reduce errors or potential delays. Just wanted to know who on this forum did all of the paperwork by yourselves, or who had help from an immigration lawyer?

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
sebella2105 said:
Hey Everyone

I am new to this forum, although I've been lurking for quite a while reading all of your stories and trying to get some information. I just got married in July in Jamaica and I am looking to sponsor my husband to come here. We have a child together (he is 6 months old). I am just waiting on receiving the official marriage certificate in the mail (I just have the hand written marriage register right now) This whole process seems a bit daunting and not quite sure where to start. I spoke with an immigration lawyer who is willing to take on my case however it is quite expensive if this is something I could easily do by myself. I am just a little apprehensive because I want to make sure everything is done properly to reduce errors or potential delays. Just wanted to know who on this forum did all of the paperwork by yourselves, or who had help from an immigration lawyer?
Welcome to our forum family sebella and congratulations on your marriage!

Yes, the paperwork does seem very daunting. I would suggest reading the guides and going through all of the forms a couple of times. The majority of us have completed the paperwork ourselves and some have used a lawyer or consultant. It is ultimately your decision; however, there is always someone around on this thread to answer your questions for free!

As you may have already read, you can look at the spreadsheet under Chickie's signature to see the processing timelines for the members on this thread. Hiring a lawyer or consultant does not make the process go any faster. Some people have gotten through in four months and some have taken over twenty months.

Good luck and remember we are here to answer your questions and give you support.

carm_cnd

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
Doc's Request.
01-28-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2012
File Transfer...
03-11-2012
Med's Request
01-28-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2012
Interview........
passed no interview needed
Passport Req..
28-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
good morning everyone

I am back from Jamaica :( sad as ever it was such a great trip and so hard to leave my hubby behind. He cried before we even got to the airport break my heart! we applied for a visiting visa on the 2nd so 20 working days we will see what happens. I hope kingston starts giving out good news soon. its long overdue :) Feels like Jamaica is a distance memory back to being lonely

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
carm_cnd said:
good morning everyone

I am back from Jamaica :( sad as ever it was such a great trip and so hard to leave my hubby behind. He cried before we even got to the airport break my heart! we applied for a visiting visa on the 2nd so 20 working days we will see what happens. I hope kingston starts giving out good news soon. its long overdue :) Feels like Jamaica is a distance memory back to being lonely
Welcome back, Carm!

I'm hoping we only have a few weeks to go until KG is finished with summer holidays!!!! Then we'll start hearing all sorts of great news!!!!

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
@sebela welcome to the family we are always happy to have new members join....as for the immigration lawyer it is totally up to u most of us here opted to go on our own ......we have the forum members here to help so if it saves us some money why not....plus having a lawyer does not give u any advantage and could also be a downfall there are many crooks out there. ...ask away n we will help u as much as we can....good luck in the process

tamarindball

Sep 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
PP and COPR finally received. Happy happy happy. Wasn't sure if I should scream but i actually didn't i guess since it wasn't such a surprise as I was expecting it before noon today. As I was about to type the first digit to track the package, I suddenly heard the buzzer. Was more surprised to see that the same Fedex agent who picked up my pkage on July 2 for Kgn/Jamaica was the same one who returned it to me.And he said, "your package is finally back. It took so long". So I said, "not really, but still I was expecting it before but glad it finally came back". So while I never screamed, I felt more inclined to get down on my knees (which I did even before opening the envelope) and give God thanks as it wouldn't have been possible without Him and my journey was really a smooth one but with my husband being Cdn born/citizen, us living together both in Ja and in Canada, and being married for a few years, it was pretty straightforward even though with CIC you don't know what to expect but I am glad everything worked out at the right time.

So to all those expecting a landing story I don't really have one since I am already in Canada. However, what I will share is my landing experience when I go to the border to get my documents signed and validated which should be within a week. So here's wishing you all great success with your process especially those waiting for a long time. I even dreamt about being with you all last night and Nev you were the only one that revealed yourself as everyone else was sleeping - I forgot the entire dream but that part stands out in my mind) I will still be part of this family as you guys have been very supportive and I would like to continue supporting you and sharing your pain some days but victory in the long run as long as time allows. Just remember to hang in there, dont give up as that's what the enemy would like so don't let him win over your situation as he's a liar and you are all more than conquerors. Your time will come at the right time but you have to trust God's timing. Whatever happens, remember He knows what's best for you even when it doesn't make much sense at the time. He has good plans for you, plans to prosper you and not to cause you any harm. To all the long time members, Maddants, Nevaeha, Chickie and others, you have all been inspiring even in your moments of frustration and that's what makes the forum so real. Just know that your light is already shining at the end of the tunnel and any day it will be flooding your face. You're almost at the finished line so stay strong. Love you all

Tamarind