waiting
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
cant wait
Good morning all
CONGRATS CHARLIE SO HAPPY FOR YOU BLESS UP

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
just wanted to say congrats to all who have received updates and have reached the end of there journey as for those still waiting all I can say is everything happens when its supposed to and the good lord does not give us more than we can bear...yes it true that some of us maybe have what seems like a easier route and by luck as in my case maybe a little inside influence that helped our case. But at the same time no one knows what the other has had to go through to get the point where they are at ....we are all looking in from the outside and trying to be supportive of each other to get through these times... I must say I am very grateful for all the help and advice I have gotten with in this forum ... god knows signing in everyday and seeing the progress of others has been the most part what keeps me sane and gives me hope ….. here’s hoping the good vibes continues BLESS UP EVERYONE

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
:)

charlie deserved her own post...

to all newbies, oldtimers and those in between, hope all is well... best of luck to all wherever you are in the process... things are going well for us... we had some rocky roads for a few months a bit of hard times, but we've straightened things out, spring has sprung and life is good :) i've been lurking around and reading the stories, (congrats to all who deserve!)

to the gal who is newly pregnant (or further on even), one thought to throw out there...

we found ourselves with child the same weekend he proposed... he was living in the UK, i was over here in Toronto... we realized it wasn't guarentee for him to get here for the birth, so we took control of the situation the only way we could.. we dealt with it and planned to make it work

i submitted our app the day before our son was delivered (planned c)... and we all moved to jamaica as soon as all I got all the paperwork we needed to start our life together while we waited.... took a lot of planning, but kept me busy and not thinking of the separation.... we both saved and horded and shipped things and packed our respective lives away temporarily (storage/shipped etc), did research (schools/vehicles/living arrangments/inet connections ect) and by the time we got there we had all balls rolling that needed to roll... mat pay can be collected outside of Canada legally (and easily, they actually have a special dept/worker that handles it separately) and between that and our savings and hording, that money sustained us with a bit of leeway to enjoy movies, dining out, a few weekends away and maintaining our vehicle... we lived a simple but comfortable life... (although the area we were in didn't have water 6 of the 7m we were there lol, so we also had to truck in water as well ugh!)

our application went thru quickly (so if your hubby has left the island it needn't slow it down) but we stayed down a few more months to make sure we didn't make all the arrangments for nothing... our(my) kids loved the experience, got to know their new family, made so many friends (and a few enemies :) ), excelled in the school (to the point where they are bored and still learning things they covered in their classes in JA).... we had the time to start to learn to function as a family without all life's other distractions (i.e. work!) and we got nearly 7months out of the crappy Canada/UK winter weather :)

it was a bold decision, but we weighed all the factors and decided it was the way to make it work, committed to it and made it work... i thought i was crazy when it first came to my mind (i know/knew JA well, too well to seriously consider moving there for any other reason regardless of how tempting it is some winter days lol) , if someone else told me they were doing it i probably would have thought them crazy (with a little jealousy) but it was the best choice for us :)

anyways, i digress, just thought i'd share our experience... back to work for me.

take care all

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
woah!! (did i just see Sheraig? ? ??) I hope things are progressing for you girlie! hang in there!!!

tintin79

Jan 28, 2011
Scarborough, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2011
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
File Transfer...
10-01-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2011
Interview........
genuineness determined no need for interview
Passport Req..
05-02-2013 and they're still holding on to it as ARC is still in process from Dec 12 2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
27-06-2013
Charlie I can imagine how excited you are. Too bad you have to give work 1 month notice. You're such a good person cause i wouldnt care to do so. I'd be gone the same week my pp arrived. I guess cause im leaving the country all together, i wouldnt care to leave on a good note. I commend you for that.

Im really happy for you. I can only imagine how many times you opened up that passport book and smiled.

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
lol @ chelley

it's ok if your post is bigger than mine, charlie deserves that and more!! she's the best and I don't think anyone else would disagree

and....

SHERAIG!!!! so happy to see your post! I hope all is well with you and things are progressing

psst mine is bigger than yours chelley hehehehe

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
nice to see some old timers!! sorry to bust in on all of you, just couldn't help myself and had to stop lurking for charlie and sheraig

sheraig

Apr 6, 2010
Yes guys its me!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D...

Progressing??? :'( :'(...Not so much.. I understand the minister has decided
to scrap the backlog (persons that applied before Feb. 25, 2008, I applied Nov 2007). They will continue to
process the ones that the immigration officers have already selected for medical. Not sure how
you find out which category you are in. I have emailed without success. You know how our fabulous KGN office does. Still......God is awesome. I have been blessed. Life, strength and health...endless possibilities.
How could I complain?

Its so good to 'see' you guys....

Charlie deserve it man...Good things happen to GOOOD people!!

Nae, Chelly...happy fi hear from unu man...***hugs**hugs**hugs****

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
My goodness, looks like the cat drug in some old frens. How are the babes doing chelley and nae, growing like little weeds I bet, ok, sweet little petunias then. sheriag, long time no talk, hope things are good.
Well you gals need to come and spend a little quality time with our new forum family when you can. You are all missed, enjoy life, good health and your friday night bam bam ;D

suki

Nov 26, 2010
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2011
AOR Received.
20-10-2011
Med's Done....
29-07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
LANDED..........
04-05-2012
:-* Charlie :-*

you are so loved....Respect.........It's so nice to see the old crew in to show support and give Love to you Charlie, you have made a huge impact on many if not ALL of us!

it's going on 3 weeks and still no passport...this is the first time throughout this whole process I'm starting to feel a little ???
I usually hold well under pressure..

I NEED CHOCOLATE!

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
Nice to see all the older faces turn out..your posts are definatly missed.

bestisyettocome

Star Member
Feb 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2011
File Transfer...
14-01-2012
Med's Done....
21-10-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
10-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2012
LANDED..........
14-07-2012
morning forum,
@ mrslwsn totally agree with you.. really nice to see the oldies dem checking in with us

Charliiieeeee congrats to you again

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
aww sorry to hear that sheraig! now that's something to complain about, yet you still remain positive. big hugs to you!! KG office is still tough...still out there bbq'n with the all the applicants paperwork lol ahhh I remember the days of the old group trying to figure out what was going on in that office. and we have yet to find out

CANUCK!! how are you? how's the mrs? have the mirror's fallen down yet? lol

the baby is doing fantastic! thanks for asking. She's so fat lol She was tiny for the first 3 months then blew up...not sure how that happened lol We just got back from JA a week ago...took the little princess to meet her grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and everyone in between. Everyone wanted to steal her...even the security ladies at the airport when we were coming back. They loved her so much they didn't even bother with us or our bags. She's a smiler so she captures everyone's heart with her happy smile.

thank you to those who have welcomed us old timers back :D no matter where you are in the process, how long or short your process is, it's very stressful at the time but trust me when I say this.....it won't matter once it's over. You totally forget about the wait time once you are able to get on with your life with your spouse.

You just have to try your best to keep busy, stay positive, and spend your free time with the people that love you. It's the only way to get through it sanely ;)

sheriB

Star Member
Feb 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
Nov 2012
Charlie D congratulations!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Happy for you :) God is amazing.

sheriB

Star Member
Feb 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
Nov 2012
I have a question, if you all can help please.

If they request for the sponsor to pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, how long does it take for KG to contact you after it has been paid?