8/30/2011/sponsor approved 10/23/2011
Med's Done....
6/10/2011/meds rec'd 01/03/2012
Passport Req..
2/13/2012
LANDED..........
5/11/2012
CharlieD10 said:
Good morning! Well I see the conversation went on long past my bedtime, but it I think everyone agrees with me it was a good and necessary one! Thanks to SQ for kicking that off and getting the ball rolling, I think you opened some of us to think of things we hadn't considered before! That's one of the good things about a forum such as this one!

I'm going to be a bit presumptuous and speak for the applicants (since I am one of the few...wait...maybe the only one here right now?) and say that though we might not bring it up, a lot is going through our minds when it comes to migrating. Absolutely there is the anticipation of finally living full-time with our spouses and not having to wake up and say goodbye one of these mornings. But there's more..there's, will I be able to find work I can do, what about making friends, how much more education am I going to need to adapt and can I hack it after being out of school for 10/20 years, what about going back for visits and sending money and to whom, what if I don't like the city/town, just how cold is cold?! Things of that nature run through your head all the time.

I once jokingly asked my husband, do people in your town (small town in northern ON) even know what a black person looks like? He said, don't be silly honey, we'll be the fourth inter-racial couple in town. :eek: I thought, how marvelous, all of 3 other black people! Hahaha. You get my point though, it's the weird little things that can really throw you for a loop when you think about picking up your entire life, leaving behind everything and everyone you've ever known and starting over again, from scratch! That is why it is so important to make sure that your home is a haven for your spouse to come home to, that there are things in it that are familiar and keep them anchored until they are ready to immerse themselves into Canadian life.

Whew, OK, that was a lot for this morning! I hope everyone has a great day! KG, over to you, let's GO!! NNNNNEEEXXXTTTT!!! :D

Man, I could have made this post, when my husband and I were apart and he was living in Prince George, he would call me and give me what I call the black report, I saw a pretty black girl today, or I found a place where you can get your hair done. I stayed in PG for 6 mos. and the highlight of my time there was the Caribbean section in the Canadian Superstore. :p Now we are in Kamloops BC and and I am the only black person, I know let alone Jamaicans, I made a post recently that I miss Miami, I thought about it later, what I really miss besides my family is the vibe and the FOOD!!!
And I just tolerate the cold, I grew up in New York, but I love the heat. That's the Jamaican in me. Thanks for this discussion! I LOVE HOCKEY THOUGH!!! ever since Miami got a team I have been a fan.
[/quote]

vivam

Jan 15, 2009
Kamloops
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/30/2011/sponsor approved 10/23/2011
Med's Done....
6/10/2011/meds rec'd 01/03/2012
Passport Req..
2/13/2012
LANDED..........
5/11/2012
My Mom just sent me this, Quite timely!

An American decided to write a book about famous churches around the world.
So he bought a plane ticket and took a trip to Orlando, thinking that he would start by working his way across the USA from South to North. On his first day he was inside a church taking photographs when he noticed a golden telephone mounted on the wall with a sign that read '$10,000 per call'.

The American, being intrigued, asked a priest who was strolling by what the telephone was used for. The priest replied that it was a direct line to heaven and that for $10,000 you could talk to God. The American thanked the priest and went along his way. Next stop was in Atlanta. There, at a very large cathedral, he saw the same looking golden telephone with the same sign under it.

He wondered if this was the same kind of telephone he saw in Orlando and he asked a nearby nun what its purpose was. She told him that it was a direct line to heaven and that for $10,000 he could talk to God.. 'O.K., thank you,' said the American. He then travelled all across America, Europe, England, Japan, New Zealand. In every church he saw the same looking golden telephone with the same 'US10,000 per call' sign under it.

The American decided to travel to Jamaica to see if Jamaicans had the same phone. He arrived at Sangster Int.Airport in Montego Bay and again, in the first church he entered, there was the same looking golden telephone, but this time the sign under it read 40 cents per call.' The American was surprised so he asked the priest about the sign. 'Father, I've travelled all over the world and I've seen this same golden telephone in many churches. I'm told that it is a direct line to Heaven, but in all of them price wasUS$10,000 per call.

Why is it so cheap here?

The priest smiled and answered, 'You're in Jamaica now, son - "This is Heaven so it's a local call".

KEEP SMILING. If you are proud to be a Jamaican pass this on!

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
LifeSoonSortOut said:
Happy Thursday Everyone!

Bwoy, I'm sorry for everyone that has to work today, staying up to all hours of the night... But, it was to discuss an important topic.
My husband is lucky because he's experienced Canada in all its splendor and disappointment. He's excited to come and is anxious to start our life together.

My thoughts on this topic is the following:
1.For those of you who believe, God, is the answer to all our questions. Lean on him as a couple when you are struggling and rejoice to him when things are going well.
2. Do not try to make your spouse a Canadian. He/she was born Jamaican and will forever be Jamaican. Jamaicans are proud of their country and should be! Canada unlike the US is not a melting pot.
3. Satisfy them by feeding them the food, learn how to cook ackee and saltfish, cowfoot, curry goat and rice. Take them to dances, concerts, domino tournaments, somewhere where other Jamaicans are.
4. Allow him to send money home for his/her mother/father/grandparents and children. These people were his livelihood and the reason he/she is the good person they are.
5. Have a candid discussion with your spouse about finances, children and the future. All discussions about these topics prior to him/her coming to Jamaica has been just that a discussion, now it has to be reality.
6. Lastly, and this is most important. Live somewhere where there are other Jamaicans. I've heard so many times about Jamaican men who have married women who live in small town Alberta, BC Interior, Northern Manitoba or Saskatchewan and have expected their men to embrace a town, a home, where there is no one else like him.

KG, we're looking for some updates today...
Hey guys jus coming from work and reading all the posts...good advice/feedback. For me, our situation may b slightly different. My husband has no delusions about Canada or farrin in general. If it weren't for me n my kids I highly doubt he would have ever migrated. He is born n grow in mobay, edcucated, and has a career. He is very realistic about the whole situation, and I think that is the way his mom raise him. She is also like that. Would u believe my husband NEVER asks for anything from farrin. I have to force him to accept even a t shirt. I am just afraid he will b depressed in the cold or miss his friends n fam n lifestyle. Keeping him in Ja custom is no problem since I live in Toronto, which every other person is yardie, plus I am a jcan too, and my circle of ppl are all jcan/west Indian but still, all that cannot replace the reality of not being home. But I am counting on our love for each other to get us through. His brother lives in England and I was speaking to him, and he asked how I'm coping in "the freezer" and I said if I can't bare it I don't know how his bro will make out...and his exact words were "AWW HE WILL BE FINE...HE'S A SOLDIER INNIT"...... LOL

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Good evening!

Some good stuff getting discussed here! LSSO - good summation!

Vivam, I love that joke, haha!

Sammy, suki, maybe you guys aren't counting, but I am! :p I'm always excited to see couples reunited, LOL, be it the final reunion in Canada, or visits to Jamaica. It's good for the soul to be with your loved one. Enjoy the anticipation, and start packing! ;)

LifeSoonSortOut

Star Member
Dec 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/05/2010
File Transfer...
03/08/2010
Med's Done....
01/03/2010 and re-sent 15/05/2011
Passport Req..
25/01/2011 and returned 01/05/2011; 03/16/2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 3, 2012
LANDED..........
April 15, 2012
Mrslwsn said:
Hey guys jus coming from work and reading all the posts...good advice/feedback. For me, our situation may b slightly different. My husband has no delusions about Canada or farrin in general. If it weren't for me n my kids I highly doubt he would have ever migrated. He is born n grow in mobay, edcucated, and has a career. He is very realistic about the whole situation, and I think that is the way his mom raise him. She is also like that. Would u believe my husband NEVER asks for anything from farrin. I have to force him to accept even a t shirt. I am just afraid he will b depressed in the cold or miss his friends n fam n lifestyle. Keeping him in Ja custom is no problem since I live in Toronto, which every other person is yardie, plus I am a jcan too, and my circle of ppl are all jcan/west Indian but still, all that cannot replace the reality of not being home. But I am counting on our love for each other to get us through. His brother lives in England and I was speaking to him, and he asked how I'm coping in "the freezer" and I said if I can't bare it I don't know how his bro will make out...and his exact words were "AWW HE WILL BE FINE...HE'S A SOLDIER INNIT"...... LOL
Mrslwsn, my husband is very much the same way. He never asks for a thing, no phone cards, no money, nothing. All when it came time for him to renew his medical, I started putting down money to send him and he had already taken care of it. Your husband should have an easier transition than most in light of the fact, he's coming to TO, you already have your network of "JA reminders" established. And, you right about the love thing, this is what will get him through!

Charlie...my pleasure!

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
Yup, I told him how there is so much of us here, lol he gonna fit right in..but he just laugh it off. Social he will be fine. There is a couple ppl from his district he grew up with recently came here in the past few yrs, so he will have some links..I honestly feel sorry for those of you in a more rural part of Canada..Nah go lie, I am German J'can (white) and mi feel very uncomfortable in those places LOL!!!

SmoothiesQueen

Jun 18, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 24th 2011
Loved reading everyones posts!! Some great insight...especially liked hearing from your side of things Charlie..being the Jamaican waiting to go abroad!!
LOL...we are in a rural small town currently...perhaps that is part of the problem!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Good morning and TGIF, everyone!

I hope everyone has enjoyed their week, and has plans to make the most of their weekend. :) I'm thinking a little early spring cleaning project is in the works myself, we'll see how that goes, I may lose all this ambition come tomorrow morning. :p

KG, over to you for today! Let's go, already!! NNNEEEXXTTT!!!! :D

LifeSoonSortOut

Star Member
Dec 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/05/2010
File Transfer...
03/08/2010
Med's Done....
01/03/2010 and re-sent 15/05/2011
Passport Req..
25/01/2011 and returned 01/05/2011; 03/16/2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 3, 2012
LANDED..........
April 15, 2012
Happy Friday Everyone! To those of you living in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Ontario enjoy your long weekend and Family Day on Monday.

Mrslwsn, you are so right, TO come in like little Jamaica now. I must say I love it! I remember my parents would tell me about when they first moved to TO and how there were just pockets of J'cans in specific areas. We've come a long way... I'm so proud of my people.

Let the count down begin... my husbands Medical and Police Clearance expire in 30+ days. KG, we really don't want to have to go through the boderation again, I'm all for the 2nd time being the charm.

suki

Nov 26, 2010
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2011
AOR Received.
20-10-2011
Med's Done....
29-07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
LANDED..........
04-05-2012
Hello All....Happy Happy Happy Friday!!

ok...so On Jan 27th-ish Hubby's address dissapeared on ECAS....so today I checked it and it says!!

We received (Suki's Fine Husband) application for permanent residence on August 12, 2011. <~~~~~~which is the same as before

We started processing (Suki's Fine Husband's) application on February 6, 2012. <~~~~~~~this is NEW!!

Medical results have been received. <~~~~~~same as before

So are they are working on it now??? :D yay!! I sure hope so!

lovehasnoboundaries

Sep 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2011
File Transfer...
14-02-2012
Med's Done....
19-10-2011
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
Wow, that's interesting Suki, hope you get through soon! Sooo between October and February what was happening with the application??? Do you think they have a back log or something???

suki

Nov 26, 2010
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2011
AOR Received.
20-10-2011
Med's Done....
29-07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
LANDED..........
04-05-2012
I dont know but that's what I get when I check his File with the file # Then when I check my info with Client ID# it says:

Decision Made:

We received your application to sponsor (HUBBY) on August 12, 2011.

We started processing your application on October 20, 2011.

We sent you a letter on October 20, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

In Process:

We received (hubby's) application for permanent residence on August 12, 2011.

We started processing (hubby's) application on February 6, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

So the processing Date changed from October to February?? ohh noooo that can't be good ???

bestisyettocome

Star Member
Feb 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2011
File Transfer...
14-01-2012
Med's Done....
21-10-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
10-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2012
LANDED..........
14-07-2012
hi all,
SUki i think its good news.omg i'm excited for you....
go kingston go....

lovehasnoboundaries

Sep 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2011
File Transfer...
14-02-2012
Med's Done....
19-10-2011
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
Ya Suki, it's good news!!
Application processing Oct 20.2011 was on the Canadian side for sponsor approval right and then it was sent to Jamaica and they have begun processing it as of February 6th, 2012 and you are at the 6 month mark. Because there is an update and progress I would take this as good news!!!

lovehasnoboundaries

Sep 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2011
File Transfer...
14-02-2012
Med's Done....
19-10-2011
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
Not sure why it takes so long for JA to begin processing on their side, but once they do, I believe the approval is not too far away.

Question: Does your spouse recieve thier client ID# via mail??