14-02-2012
Med's Done....
19-10-2011
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
Mrslwsn said:
lhnb-thats great! how do you kno it only took 3 days???? holyyyy! :D
Morning,
@mrslwsn - I know it took 3 days because I tracked it from the time I got approval Feb 14 to the time I saw application received info. appear in ecas on my husband's side (Feb 17)

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
Goodmorning
@lhnb-Ok, I ask because that info(app recieved, meds recieved) appeared in my husband ecas right as I got my approval email...So I dont think mine is too too accurate , lol but I have heard from all others in hear it is unreliable. :mad:

tintin79

Jan 28, 2011
Scarborough, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2011
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
File Transfer...
10-01-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2011
Interview........
genuineness determined no need for interview
Passport Req..
05-02-2013 and they're still holding on to it as ARC is still in process from Dec 12 2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
27-06-2013
Mrslwsn said:
Goodmorning
@ lhnb-Ok, I ask because that info(app recieved, meds recieved) appeared in my husband ecas right as I got my approval email...So I dont think mine is too too accurate , lol but I have heard from all others in hear it is unreliable. :mad:
When my husband went to do his meds the doctor asked him which embassy it was for so isnt it possible that the results are forwarded to the embassy by the doctors and this is why it says meds received?

smokijoe

Oct 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PoS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
14-02-2012
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
File Transfer...
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
01-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not needed
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2012
LANDED..........
12/06/2012
I do not want to discourage anyone or be a party pooper but do not be too concerned with when ECAS shows your file and medicals were received.
The only way you can really know when your file was received in the VO is from your AOR. (The AOR comes from the VO)For instance, my file was received in CIC M on 2 august, got sponsorship approval on 13 October. Immediately upon receiving approval I logged into ECAS and it showed date file received in Missa and 'Medical has been received'
Received AOR in Jan this year (letter dated end Dec) and that states that my file was received in POS on dec 7.
I have also reeceived further mail from POS asking for further docs so that my app can be further processed, My ECAS still reads 'Application received on Aug 2nd, Medicals have been received.'
Medicals received only means that they have put together the medical report to the application.

tintin79

Jan 28, 2011
Scarborough, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2011
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
File Transfer...
10-01-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2011
Interview........
genuineness determined no need for interview
Passport Req..
05-02-2013 and they're still holding on to it as ARC is still in process from Dec 12 2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
27-06-2013
smokijoe said:
I do not want to discourage anyone or be a party pooper but do not be too concerned with when ECAS shows your file and medicals were received.
The only way you can really know when your file was received in the VO is from your AOR. (The AOR comes from the VO)For instance, my file was received in CIC M on 2 august, got sponsorship approval on 13 October. Immediately upon receiving approval I logged into ECAS and it showed date file received in Missa and 'Medical has been received'
Received AOR in Jan this year (letter dated end Dec) and that states that my file was received in POS on dec 7.
I have also reeceived further mail from POS asking for further docs so that my app can be further processed, My ECAS still reads 'Application received on Aug 2nd, Medicals have been received.'
Medicals received only means that they have put together the medical report to the application.
So pretty much they may be working on it even though ecas hasnt updated the info
I like to hear that!

smokijoe

Oct 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PoS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
14-02-2012
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
File Transfer...
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
01-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not needed
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2012
LANDED..........
12/06/2012
Yes, that is quite possible, but be patient and do not assume anything with CIC

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 & Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
tintin79 said:
When my husband went to do his meds the doctor asked him which embassy it was for so isnt it possible that the results are forwarded to the embassy by the doctors and this is why it says meds received?
The doctors forward all medical info to a lab (I think it is in Bahamas) and they process the results there. They then send results to Kingston.... or so I have been told...

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
no jamgirl, the meds go to trinidad..to POS...Yea smoki, I figure nothing been done on our app, cuz what ecas says it just too generic. Plus from what I have learn in here ecas means nada.

bestisyettocome

Star Member
Feb 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2011
File Transfer...
14-01-2012
Med's Done....
21-10-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
10-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2012
LANDED..........
14-07-2012
morning forum family,
woke up this morning missing hubby like crazy. Seems like he knew i was down cause right away me get a phone call from him and him tell me fe smile ting soon sort out..god is good me a tell you.
This sponsorship process is so stressfull at times. i cant wait for everyone to get through on here.
Honestly guys ecas i stay away from and the call center as well. both are so lost..lol
Both times i called the center to tell them i can't log into ecas.they asked me for my uci number and then telling me my uci number does not exist. i laughed and said u guys gave it to me. the woman put me on hold and came back and said i have an old uci number and thats why she couldnt pull up my file..omg my response to her in a nicely tone was have a good day... caant badda with inconsistency at all so me leave them out for now.
congrats to those who got updates,one step closer guys

have a bless sunday family

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
bestis-I feel that way all the time, and my hubby always seems to know!! I get a call or email or txt and I just have to smile...I take it forgranted that he might miss me as well..lol even tho my husband is not needy at all right now, he just going thru the motions...I think everyone going thru this experience feels these things...keep ya head up my girl! I am right there witcha! :)

SmoothiesQueen

Jun 18, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 24th 2011
Well just so your aware..some stuff didn't update in my e-cas till I checked after we landed in Canada. When we had our passport call...all it said was medicals recieved for the longest time. If I remember correctly...it didn't even show in process until after we had our passports already picked up and flights booked to head back to Canada!

So e-cas is not spot on with whats actually happening to your file. There has been people who never even saw medicals recieved until after the passport call. Sometimes it shows things in proper order..sometimes it doesn't!! So don't let e-cas discourage you!

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
;D pretty much what I'm assuming at this point. I'm just gonna roll with it n when things happen it will b a pleasant surprise just like my sponsor approval was. I didn't even think we would get that far, so anything is anything. Everyone enjoy a blessed Sunday! Gone fi share dinner..

icesfluffy

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
burlington,toronto, sauga, ontairo
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
aug 23, 2011
AOR Received.
nov 10, 2011
File Transfer...
NOV,10,2011
Med's Done....
JULY,20,2011
we are all fustrated ,sad ,happy, empty, excited, lost, 123, ABC and all of the above i just want some kinda answer as to where we stand in the line up and the hope witch is e-cas hurts that it is so unreliable im just tired of smiling thru my missary

WHAT DOES VO STAND FOR

suki

Nov 26, 2010
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2011
AOR Received.
20-10-2011
Med's Done....
29-07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
LANDED..........
04-05-2012
VO=Visa Office, I know Charlie posted a page of CIC Acronyms<~~~totally probably spelt wrong, I printed it off, but I know it's on one of these pages!

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 &amp; Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 &amp; Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
I found these on another thread... I notice VO isnt listed... not sure what else is missing...

Immigration acronyms:
========================

AOR - Acknowledgement of Receipt

CAIPS - Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System. This is the computer system used by Citizenship and Immigration Canada for storing all overseas visa application information. This system records every bit of information you provide. It is like an electronic identity; existence of the applicant. This is very helpful when anything abnormal happens (e.g. delay in reply, lack of updation, long processing time). It is also helpful when you are selected for the interview. You can know the probable cause of interview requirement by obtaining the CAIPS notes.
CANN - Community Airport Newcomers' Network
CELPIP - Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program. This is one of only two English language testing organizations approved by CIC (IELTS is the other). CELPIP testing is only available in Canada (Vancouver and Toronto) and China.
CPP - Canada Pension Plan
CIC - Citizenship and Immigration Canada
CICIC - Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials
CIDA - Canadian International Development Agency
COPR - Confirmation of Permanent Resident Form
CSQ - Certificate du Selection du Quebec (Quebec Certificate of Selection)

DMP - Designated Medical Practitioner. Under the Skilled Worker Program application all family members must undergo a medical exam, performed by a doctor that has been approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
IRPA - Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
IRPR - Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations
EAL - English as an Additional Language
e-CAS - e-Client Application Status. This on-line service allows CIC clients to view securely the status of immigration and/or citizenship application(s) on-line, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You may use this service if you have sponsored a member of the family class, applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada, applied for a permanent resident card (initial, replacement or renewal), applied for a grant of Canadian citizenship, or applied for a proof of Canadian citizenship.
EFL - English as a Foreign Language
EI - Employment Insurance (also sometimes referred to as unemployment insurance)
ELT - English Language Training/Teaching
ESL - English as a Second Language
ESOL - English for Speakers of Other Languages
ESP - English for Specific Purposes
GIC - Guaranteed Investment Certificate
GST - Goods and Services Tax
H&C grounds - Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds. In the case of Canadian immigration, refers to section A25(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Any person who does not comply with the three categories of immigration to Canada (family, economic and refugee) may ask to be considered for immigration selection on H&C grounds.
HRDC (see HRSDC) - former Human Resources Development Canada
HRSDC - Human Resources and Skills Development Canada. The government agency responsible for performing both Arranged Employment Opinions and Labour Market Opinions for the purposes of obtaining employment confirmation letters. Such letters may be required by Skilled Worker applicants when attempting to qualify for the additional ten points under the Arranged Employment Factor.
ICCS - International Council for Canadian Studies
ID - Identification
IELTS - International English Language Testing System. One of only two English language testing organizations approved by CIC (CELPIP is the other). Note that Skilled Worker applicants will want to complete the IELTS 'General Training' exams, not the 'Academic Training' exams.
IRPA - Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
MSP - Medical Services Plan
NOC - National Occupational Classification
NGO - Non-Governmental Organization
OLA - Open Learning Agency
PST - Provincial Sales Tax
RCMP - Royal Canadian Mounted Police
RRPF - Right of Permanent Residence Fee
RRSP - Registered Retirement Savings Plan
SIN -Social Insurance Number
SWP - Skilled Worker Program
TEF - Test d'Evaluation de Français. The only French language testing organization approved by CIC. Note that Skilled Workers are to complete the following tests: Comprehension Ocrite / Comprehension Orale / Expression Ecrite / Expression Orale.
VSO - Voluntary Services Overseas
WCB - Workers' Compensation Board
YMCA - Young Men's Christian Association
YWCA - Young Women's Christian Association
IA-Intial Assessment
PPR-Passport Request