Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Applying for a TRV would perhaps be more likely to succeed if the Canadian spouse was residing full-time in Jamaica. Once the Canadian spouse resides full-time in Canada, it is highly unlikely to succeed, as the automatic assumption on the part of CIC is that you are coming to be with your spouse, and nothing will persuade you to leave.

Immigration is a hot-button issue for many developed nations right now. Many of them find themselves awash in illegal immigrants they can't get out of the country, segments of the "native" populations of these countries are very vocal in their resentment of immigrant residents, whether legal or not, and many persons in immigrant populations do nothing to endear themselves to the "native" population by failing to integrate into the society they move to while insisting that their culture and traditions be respected and accomodated and even promoted at the expense of the local culture and traditions. Let's not even talk about the immigrants who get involved in criminal activities, because it isn't even necessary for them to do that these days in order for them to find themselves resented.

The result of all this is that where it used to be hard at times to get a visitor's/temporary visa, nowadays it is bordering on the impossible unless you belong to specific groups, or you are willing to flout immigration laws and other laws and use "bandoloo" methods to immigrate.

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
I tend to agree Charlie...I actually do feel frustrated that my family has been affected by the stricter visa issuance, however, I on the flip side, understand the issue. I came here in 90' as a child, but 89',90',91' them let in nuff yardies and MOST ah dem man deh was shower posse, or gunman dem, or ppl who come and mash up di image of Jamaicans in foreign. I dont even know much deportees here again like I did when I was younger. I went to school in Canada in a very "J'can" district, where most of my classmates like myself had jus come up, and like 95% of those ppl are either deportee, or dead. Sad to say. Nowadays, any man/woman can and will get a job here, no reason to resort to crime, only if dem greedy or lazy.

danielle902

Oct 6, 2011
Barrie Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 21st 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 2nd 2012
Med's Request
Nov 9th 2012
Med's Done....
July 24 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Dec 9 2012
LANDED..........
before xmas? maybe?
After being in Jamaica so often... i am looking for a steady and stable job here. Job hunting is slow, and i fear if i take the first one that comes at me it wont be enough to sponsor. or even if it is... i wouldn't be there long enough to be considered.

At what time do they give me a chance to appeal?
AND if i run into troubles, would they let my dad apply as a sponsor?
if my dad is able to sponsor, and i "get going" for myself, would they let the sponsorship transfer to my name?

Ugh!
thanks ;D

danielle902

Oct 6, 2011
Barrie Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 21st 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 2nd 2012
Med's Request
Nov 9th 2012
Med's Done....
July 24 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Dec 9 2012
LANDED..........
before xmas? maybe?
yay! 10 postings!! im a member ..... just sayin ;D

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
danielle902 said:
After being in Jamaica so often... i am looking for a steady and stable job here. Job hunting is slow, and i fear if i take the first one that comes at me it wont be enough to sponsor. or even if it is... i wouldn't be there long enough to be considered.

At what time do they give me a chance to appeal?
AND if i run into troubles, would they let my dad apply as a sponsor?
if my dad is able to sponsor, and i "get going" for myself, would they let the sponsorship transfer to my name?

Ugh!
thanks ;D
Your dad cannot sponsor your husband, there is no minimum income requirements for spousal sponsorship you should not be in receipt of welfare and bankrupt other than that you are pretty much good think of it this way students who are on OSAP have sponsored in the past and OSAP is NOT considered income and they have gotten approved so why wouldn't you with a PT job if even that wouldn't be approved.

really don't stress about it so much, sure you can be refused for them not feeling you are able to provide for your sponsor if they come but really i have not read any case on canlii for that IMO i think u have to be chilling at home not doing anything to be refused and even then u can still be approved if you live with people who provide you with shelter and would do the same for ur hubby

so really worry about proof not income requirement IMO ;D

danielle902

Oct 6, 2011
Barrie Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 21st 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 2nd 2012
Med's Request
Nov 9th 2012
Med's Done....
July 24 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Dec 9 2012
LANDED..........
before xmas? maybe?
Kedeisha - After reading your post - i think it is a first time in a long time that i have smiled. You have given me hope.

I am going to start filling out the applications today. About the proof. I will be able to find SOME phone records... I have ezetop records- from when i sent him credit for the international calling - I've got any and all western union slips from where he has sent me money and i have sent him... I've got pictures, marriage cert. wedding photos...scrap book I've made him, a few birthday cards he has given me, and couple of cards i have sent him in the mail. I've got chat messages with his sister and i ... my passport - showing that i have been there - (2 stays being 6 Mos long) the only thing we haven't done is write letters back and forth to each other because we have had the convenience of the telephone. If i had known these were required i would have made more of an effort, but i believe i went in blind - not knowing the extent of the requirements that were needed in the end. Any other suggestions as proof would be appreciated. Thanks so much in advance.

Also - with everything this package is going to be pretty BIG!
Where does this have to be sent? and is there a limit on what is sent, and will i get everything back...

Thanks again Danielle

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KGN returns everything they don't need so yes u will get ur things back

I sent those same proof as well ezetop, WU, no scrapbook i suck at art :D as for letters its not a must I have seen lots of people who do not send letters I for 1 do not as they take forever and a day and IM my hubby all day

Are you going to be inlcuding letters from families and friends etc some people choose to do this, do you have any joint financial dealings together include that, maybe if you are into facebook and are facebook friends include some of that

do not send anything in a binder please

depending on how you are mailing off whether courier or Canada post there are 2 different address:

CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4N6

and
Courier address (no public drop-offs)
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 1200
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

There is no limit but remember quantity over quality so send in things of substance that will aid your case not things to make a bigger package when I was doing my package I went with the thinking if I was an IO i want a package straight to the point no fuss answer what is asked submit the required documents and pay fees I personally didn't write anything extra about my relationship as I felt the space provided was enough and I won't be sending extra proof along the way because to me that may seem like I am trying too much and creating more work when I don't want to create work for them

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
My app proof is mostly photocopies of cards from our wedding, emails and pics...most ppl nowadays dont write letters back and forth due to technology...Danielle i think you will b fine! I have almost no w/u as i rarely send him money and he sends only sometimes but not often. Also I have a couple letters from our friends that know us as a couple, so maybe you could add that, up to you.

togirl2011

Star Member
Feb 6, 2011
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2010
Doc's Request.
25-05-2011
AOR Received.
25-01-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2011
LANDED..........
24-06-2011
hi everyone, it's been a while. hubby & I just got back from JA. Visiting his son. Leaving is getting more difficult. we had hoped to go for x-mas but the cost is so high. we sucked it up and went now. only thing that sucked was hubby still has not received his Perm Res card. they are so behind schedule but we had already scheduled everything so we couldn't change it. we found out in order for hubby to return we needed to go to embassy in JA and apply for "travel document". you have to provide proof of PR with various docs along with more money (like they didn't get enuf already). it took a week and the holiday held it up further but we got it in time and returned together.

hubby has a 2nd interview on monday so we're excited. this job pays very well and we could sure use a pay increase around here lol. hubby thought it was pretty cold today. kept asking if winter is coming and when will it snow. i told him it would soon come so don't rush it. he keeps talking about how he can manage it and he ain't worried. maybe I should send him north or to N Dakota where another friend of ours immigrated. he's complaining already about the cold there.

Kedeisha - with regards to embassy returning docs, I would not count on this. Hubby & I provided duplicate originals for some items and we never got any originals back. I sent an email requesting the return of the originals but haven't heard anything to date. they thieved 2 original marriage certificates and the only 2 original child BC. we ended up having to apply for additional originals to get our son's passport. and now they probably gonna thieve another original when we file for him lol.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi togirl I guess it depends as my friend got her documents back and so have others that applied in the past

NEIKA

Star Member
Sep 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-04-2012
File Transfer...
15-07-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2012
Med's Done....
10-05-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2013
LANDED..........
02-03-2013
Morning all

Happy heroes day

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
Happy heroes day to all back home...In regards to originals/copies....as far as marriage cert. goes, dont they just need a copy? I wasnt planning on sending the original...

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Morning and happy National Heroes Day!

Mrs Lwsn, copies are fine for BC and MC.

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
:D That's wat I thought...Enjoy yu day Charlie!