+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

akebar.92

Apr 28, 2018
Good Morning Everyone, I'm late to the conversation because I've been busy with preparation for Hurricane Matthew. Having said that I pray and hope that you all will make every effort to be safe and secure during this period.

Secondly I do not wish to labor on the matter of the Canadian Drivers License but PatietlyWaiting you have shared the same point I have in my original explanation. I did the same thing your husband did and got my license on the first try. NB: The G2 Exit Test is also known as the Highway Test or the G Test... G2 Exit Test because it is the test done at the end of the G2 stage to move forward to getting the full G License whether someone skips the g2 stage or not.

Thirdly the letter can be obtained from a local Tax Office in Jamaica. I would do that to make the process easier.

Hi,

How difficult was the G2 exit test? I’m about to have my Jamaican license exchanged next week (almost eight years driving experience). I already got my letter from the consulate general.

Agman

Jan 5, 2019
It should not be difficult if you study and practice. Best bet is to try and know the route for where you are taking the test

Hi,

How difficult was the G2 exit test? I’m about to have my Jamaican license exchanged next week (almost eight years driving experience). I already got my letter from the consulate general.

Wiz01

May 13, 2019
Hi, is anyone here sponsoring their parents/grandparents from in Canada and waiting to hear back from the Jamaican Embassy?

Truest

Sep 3, 2021
Hi and welcome!!!!

Can you give us your timeline? When you applied - if you have applied yet - and any other info.

No they don't test for that at all. Some doctors will say that they do but they don't. I can tell you this 100% that it won't matter :)
Please how true is this?I am a Nigerian and I got accepted to Seneca college and now I have my medicals for my student visa/permit in 2 weeks, I smoke weed, I just want to know if this is going to be a problem and if I should disclose it to the doctor that I do smoke weed. Please reply me I’m paranoid

BullsBelle

Jun 5, 2013
ONTARIO
Visa Office......
Kingston
Please how true is this?I am a Nigerian and I got accepted to Seneca college and now I have my medicals for my student visa/permit in 2 weeks, I smoke weed, I just want to know if this is going to be a problem and if I should disclose it to the doctor that I do smoke weed. Please reply me I’m paranoid
They never asked my husband that and he did medical and passed. They do not screen for that I don't think and if they do they must not care if it is positive... The USA does for their visa process.

BullsBelle

Jun 5, 2013
ONTARIO
Visa Office......
Kingston
Hi, is anyone here sponsoring their parents/grandparents from in Canada and waiting to hear back from the Jamaican Embassy?
Due to the current restrictions some applications are not priority... especially if they are for outland applications.

BullsBelle

Jun 5, 2013
ONTARIO
Visa Office......
Kingston
Well the baby situation is a curve ball but honestly there's nothing the lawyer is doing that you cannot so yourself.

So if you wanna sum of the birth of the new baby as a time when you were on a break or something to that effect
However, I suggest you get ahead of it don't let them ask you about it so your relationship story might require a couple pages to answer the red flags.

Likely they will ask for an interview and at that point your husband will need to explain in his words why you're the one for him and why he isn't using you. Keep in mind they are doing this to protect you and provided your husband is genuine this will be difficult but doable to pass. They will grill him so be prepared for that.

People date while being separated so thats no biggie and like you just wrote to me explain to them there was no real official title to your relationship until whatever date... keep in mind if the serious date was after conception of new baby there might be an issue.

It seems you and him had a relationship prior to was long distant so you didnt put too much weight on it, he came and you guys realize you have a good vibe and decided to make it serious....

Again what may seem as red flag I see a good relationship story.
hey girl - I was reading though my old posts and came across your advise and I want to let you know we recently got approved with no interview. Your advice of explaining our situation may have helped and for that I'm grateful. Thank you

BABESANDI

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
Hello everyone. I have been in the shadows for a while. Question,is there anyone here waiting on a arc?
I thought I would have needed one, my hubby had a exclusions order but he didn't end up needing one. They ask us to repay the removal expenses though.

BABESANDI

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
Okay thats great news. Did your application get approved as yet?
Yes, it was approved. Application sent May 2019 and approved in Dec 2021. I did the application myself, lots of research. Very stressful but I manage. Do you think you need a ARC.

Sun30

Feb 17, 2022
Yes, it was approved. Application sent May 2019 and approved in Dec 2021. I did the application myself, lots of research. Very stressful but I manage. Do you think you need a ARC.
Yes i put in my arc application from dec 15 2021 and no answer yet. My background check completed feb 15. So I'm waiting on a answer now. The new tracker said everything is complete. I got pre arrival back in nov.

Sun30

Feb 17, 2022
I did my application myself as well. I did not see the need of a Lawyer. I'm glad your process is over cause this is frustrating

chayillove27

Apr 30, 2022
Good afternoon everyone! Hope all is well.

I used an immigration lawyer for my spousal sponsorship application (which I highly regret since my case was fairly simple). I applied in July 2020 and finally received a letter in regards to paying the permanent residence fee $500 in December 2021. In February 2022 I received a letter from IRCC stating that my husband should complete biometrics. In March 2022, I received a letter from IRCC asking if I was in receipt of social assistance ever since I submitted my application back in July 2020. I was on social assistance from June 2021 to August 2021, I paid back OW the money I owed them. OW sent me a receipt stating that I've paid back everything, however they wrote down the wrong amount that I paid making it seem as if I was about $3 short when in reality I paid back everything. I didn't see the mistake on the letter and my lawyers didn't see that either they ended up sending that receipt along with a letter they wrote to immigration. Two weeks later, they sent me a letter stating that their concerns wasn't satisfied because I didn't pay back social assistance. I want to reapply again and do it myself without my lawyer however he's saying that my case is complicated and they want to charge me $5000 for reapplying... that's crazy. My hubby is overseas and I've been raising my son alone, I cannot afford this amount of money but I'm also scared that I'll miss something so minuscule in the application .

I don't know what to do someone please help I need some advice. Hubby is in Jamaica by the way

Thank you in advance!!