+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

CanadaJamDoc

Oct 19, 2017
Hello, Inland Spousal Sponsorship

New to this thread but wondering if anyone here has passed the 1 year processing timeline. Our timeline is below. Super frustrated and getting no replies. When we called they just told us it can take a long time to get a response from certain Countries when trying to process background checks.

Received: Jun 27, 2019
AOR: Aug 9, 2018
SA: Feb 27, 2019
In ECAS is says they started processing the PR application on Feb 11, 2019

No Medical Request (When I called on Friday, the lady said there was already a Medical on file from his Visitors Visa Application, that would have been from 5 years ago now though so I can't see how they still consider that valid)

Biometrics sent with Applications
Jamaica Background Police check sent with Application

Thanks All and good luck to everyone!

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your timeline is super confusing and not logical to follow are you able to edit it to correct?

New to this thread but wondering if anyone here has passed the 1 year processing timeline. Our timeline is below. Super frustrated and getting no replies. When we called they just told us it can take a long time to get a response from certain Countries when trying to process background checks.

Received: Jun 27, 2019

No Medical Request (When I called on Friday, the lady said there was already a Medical on file from his Visitors Visa Application, that would have been from 5 years ago now though so I can't see how they still consider that valid)

CanadaJamDoc

Oct 19, 2017
Your timeline is super confusing and not logical to follow are you able to edit it to correct?

Received: Jun 27, 2018

**Corrected -Sorry had the wrong year on the received date.

G.s.kaur

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hii
Wow congrats dear.my application was sent in january 3rd 2017.application received january 18th and my husband met requirements around 25th of January. Got called February 10th for an interview march 23 rd.i also was requested to bring in additional documents such as photos communications like phone bills social media contacts etc.western union reciept and also should get his passport photo copy with is visiting here in jamaica and also me and my son passports.wish me all the best my dear :)
Hiiii i can u help me regarding spouse visa information. I applied for my study permit as a single becouse i had not my marriege certicate till and my marriege took place just before a 20 days then.. I am so worried for my spouse.. Can it couse problem or i can submit my all marriege proofs with my spouse file and with a valid reason that why i could not fill marital status at that time

G.s.kaur

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hii
i sure dont know how hem get so lucky...lol..... but i would say is because of the change of government and the minister for immigration is a very good person with alot of understanding to reunite families together.... Jason Kenny mess up everything for us Lonelymrs but we have God on our side
i want to knw about tje spouse visa information that i married a month before submission of my study permit but my agent forgot to fill my marital statis as married. After my visa can i applied my husband spouse visa with valid proofs and with a valid reason ...

suga

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
App. Filed.......
28-11-2018

Received: Jun 27, 2018

**Corrected -Sorry had the wrong year on the received date.
My spouse and I are inland as well. We applied Jan 25, 2019. We are awaiting our landing interview. I'm not sure why yours is taking so long. I'm so sorry to hear this!

Aug 29, 2019
Hey everyone!
I am looking for some advice to lead me into the right direction.
I have been dating my boyfriend for over three years and he lives in Jamaica. We were childhood friends and knew each other for a long time. Last week he came to London, Ontario on a farm work visa. Our initial plan was to get married here in Toronto and file his application while he is still working on the farm. I would put in his sponsorship application and an open work permit. Then from my understanding he is able to stay in the country until he gets a response from them. In the application it ask for a police check but he does not have one. We have been getting a lot of feedback from people who are clearly not professionals. Is it best to go on with this plan or let him go back to Jamaica in December when his farm work is finish and get married in Jamaica. What would be the best option? I hope someone can really help me out. Thank you for your time.

Egrant

Jan 18, 2019
Hey everyone!
I have been dating my boyfriend for over three years and he lives in Jamaica. We were childhood friends and knew each other for a long time. Last week he came to London, Ontario on a farm work visa. Our initial plan was to get married here in Toronto and file his application while he is still working on the farm. I would put in his sponsorship application and an open work permit. Then from my understanding he is able to stay in the country until he gets a response from them. In the application it ask for a police check but he does not have one. We have been getting a lot of feedback from people who are clearly not professionals. Is it best to go on with this plan or let him go back to Jamaica in December when his farm work is finish and get married in Jamaica. What would be the best option? I hope someone can really help me out. Thank you for your time.
Good morning yes that is correct if you apply before December he will go on implied status as for the Jamaican police clearance I had he’s family do it for me you just need to provide a letter stating you give whoever permission a copy of his finger prints and 2 passport sized photos

mel2017

Jun 29, 2017
Hey everyone!
I have not visited this site in about a year but saw your question ( I normally get an email when someone send messages here) and decided to respond. Firstly, if you do it inland it will take longer( about two years). It took me 7 months as my husband sponsored me while I was in Jamaica. So less time if he was in Jamaica. What you can do is get married now ( while he is in Canada). You could submit the application as he is about to leave ( let's say he is leaving in Dec, submit it Nov). There is a reason for this. They do ask for a police record but not right off the bat so you don't send the police record with your initial application. You will upload it when they tell you to do so which is about a month or two month after THEY start processing your application so when he get back to Jamaica, he will have enough time to get his police record, he could even do an emergency one. I did mine in 2017 so I'm assuming the process is the same. Very important, when you are completing your application, make sure you say it's Outland ( meaning he is not living in Canada with you). My husband and I submitted may and I got my PR the first week of Nov. I hope the process is still that fast. Make sure to have lots of pictures and you both sign the application where you should. Get help if you need it. It will work out just great. Have a great day!

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Incorrect advise police record needs to be sent upfront or application will be returned

I have not visited this site in about a year but saw your question ( I normally get an email when someone send messages here) and decided to respond. Firstly, if you do it inland it will take longer( about two years). It took me 7 months as my husband sponsored me while I was in Jamaica. So less time if he was in Jamaica. What you can do is get married now ( while he is in Canada). You could submit the application as he is about to leave ( let's say he is leaving in Dec, submit it Nov). There is a reason for this. They do ask for a police record but not right off the bat so you don't send the police record with your initial application. You will upload it when they tell you to do so which is about a month or two month after THEY start processing your application so when he get back to Jamaica, he will have enough time to get his police record, he could even do an emergency one. I did mine in 2017 so I'm assuming the process is the same. Very important, when you are completing your application, make sure you say it's Outland ( meaning he is not living in Canada with you). My husband and I submitted may and I got my PR the first week of Nov. I hope the process is still that fast. Make sure to have lots of pictures and you both sign the application where you should. Get help if you need it. It will work out just great. Have a great day!

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can di inland or outland each take on average 12 months but lots of people get approved in about 8 months or less.

You need to submit a police certificate for every country he has lived in for 6 months or more since he was 18. This needs to be submitted with the application upfront or it will be returned and you basically lose time so if he does not have a police certificate it's best to wait until he goes back home. However what you can do is fill out all the forms closer to the he is leaving and have him sign them so you have all except police record and once he is home he emails the police certificate to you for you to include with the application.

Fill out the application close to when he is leaving because they do change the forms a few times a year and if they are outdated more than 30 days your application will be returned.

Personally it might be better to get married in Jamaica because our marriage certificate comes a lot quicker than the Ontario one but if you get married now or asap and the apply for your certificate you should get it in time for your application.

Make sure you pay all the fees upfront or pay his biometrics fees upfront since it is required failure to do so may make then return your application. You can opt to delay paying the Right for Permanent Residence fee.

If he has any children they need to be written on the application and examined as well so there is a window to sponsor them when your boyfriend migrates to Canada.

Make sure you keep proof of communication.

Hey everyone!

mel2017

Jun 29, 2017
Incorrect advise police record needs to be sent upfront or application will be returned
As I previously said, I DO NOT know if the system has changed. When I applied they did NOT want you to submit it with the application. I didn't know why however having a best friend that works ar the Canadian high commission cleared up my doubts. She informed me that the police record that's given is valid for a year and sometimes the process last more than a year because of issues with some applicant hence sometimes applicant had to re do their Police Record as you need an updated one when landing. Now, this was 2017. Is it the same today?I don't know as things may have change. Have a good day forum.

Aug 29, 2019
Thanks everyone! I am still new to this so i figured I would just make one response. He has only ever lived in Jamaica and this is his first time here in Canada. He is currently on the farm work visa and we would like him to stay. The police check he submitted with his farmwork application is not up yet but he has no copy. A friend of mine sent me this site and said he can get it this way. We don't want him to have to leave the country and be gone for over a year if he doesn't have to.
http://jcgtoronto.ca/application-for-police-certificate/
If I were to get the police certificate, is the inland the better option since he is here and we are going to apply for the open work via as well. Hope I am not confusing.

Reactions: BullsBelle

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It must be a current police check that you submit not necessarily a year but I think more current like 60 days or something. Do some research on the timeframe of how current the date needs to be for it to be accepted

Thanks everyone! I am still new to this so i figured I would just make one response. He has only ever lived in Jamaica and this is his first time here in Canada. He is currently on the farm work visa and we would like him to stay. The police check he submitted with his farmwork application is not up yet but he has no copy. A friend of mine sent me this site and said he can get it this way. We don't want him to have to leave the country and be gone for over a year if he doesn't have to.
If I were to get the police certificate, is the inland the better option since he is here and we are going to apply for the open work via as well. Hope I am not confusing.

BullsBelle

Jun 5, 2013
ONTARIO
Visa Office......
Kingston
I hope by now you have received your reply, but i will answer anyway...

1. Check when his status expires... as you will have to file an extension at least 30 days before the date stamped in his passport to leave Canada... if not, you will have to file a restoration and and extension at the same time, which is not gauranteed to be approved by the way. If you do not have current status the OWP will not be approved until after you get AIP (Later in the process... after you're married and after you file your application for PR
2. in order to get his police certificate he can do it from here... go to the consulate to have his passport picture page certified...Certified copy of Passport data page – certification can be obtained at the Jamaican Consulate General at a fee of C$20.00. - have someone you trust in jamaica pick it up... write a letter... will include an exaple of the letter we sent :
May 8th, 2019

Dear Jamaica Constabulary Force,

RE: A POLICE CERTIFICATE FOR _____________

PLACE OF BIRTH: ______________ D.O.B________

PASSPORT NUM.________ ISSUE DATE: ________ EXPIRY DATE: _______

PHONE: ___________

ADDRESS: ______________________________________

This letter is to formally authorize ____________ to collect my police certificate once it is completed and mail it back to me here in Canada for immigration purposes. I have included a copy of his passport that he will use as identification for this purpose. His information has also been included below.

If you have any questions or require more information regarding this application, please contact me by phone at ________

PERSONAL INFORMATION: (of person picking up)

COMPLETE NAME: ___________________________

CELL: _________________

D.O.B ___________

JOB TITLE: _________________

ADDRESS: _____________________________

(name of person requesting certificate)

3. OWP has to be sent in with PR application and the correct fees paid in order for it to be processed... ($255 OWP + 1040 PR)
4. If he would like to drive here (with Ontario licence), when he goes to the consulate have him request his driving record (they will only give it to a person who is still in status... so as soon as possible or else he will need to do whole g1, g2 etc etc. with the letter he can drive for the G...
5.Just get a whole new police certificate because it can take up to 12 months to process the application and they will more than likely request it later...