06-04-16
Passport Req..
Praying Soon.
VISA ISSUED...
Praying Soon.
LANDED..........
Praying Soon.
impatientwife said:
When I tried with his it wasn't finding anything so I tried with mine and then it say one application found but the rep issue came up, I don't think it really matters either way the rep is always there unless we remove it but I think I'll call them on Monday to clarify
I just thought it might be like the GCMS notes...they won't let you see anything for privacy reasons.

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
All my 5 attempts failed...I added 2 and 4 to the number of persons on the account as I have 2 non accompanying dependents. Seem like nothing at IRCC is straight forward

TRISHGD

Apr 14, 2016
Brampton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
Doc's Request.
26-07-2016 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
File Transfer...
21-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
05-10-2015 (extended until July 25,2017)
Interview........
24-11-2016
Passport Req..
24-11-2016 (arrived @ KVO on 04-12-2016)
Stuntxd9 said:
All my 5 attempts failed...I added 2 and 4 to the number of persons on the account as I have 2 non accompanying dependents. Seem like nothing at IRCC is straight forward

Doesnt work for me either

CdnChic

Oct 12, 2015
Hello everyone, I have been reading this forum for years but was always one of the quite stalkers. Trying to see everyones perspectives and situations as I sat here quietly waiting for my family to come.

So here is where we are at now...could really use some advice
I am sponsoring my husband and his son from Jamaica. We were asked by CIC do do a DNA test I saw many requests in the forums so wasnt concerned. We are devastated to now find out that his son is not his biological child. My poor husband is sick over this. (I called Baby Mamma and she swears there was no one else) There is a baby mamma but she has never been on the scene. She has signed him over to his father at birth and his father is his guardian in Jamaica.

He is the only sole provider for this child and has raised him and taken care of him since birth. What avenues or direction can we take with CIC? How can we petition this to say no matter what the blood results are that man is his father and his support system. We will make a legal adoption request asap but how does that impact our current application? Can we asked CIC to delay for a few months while we legally adopt him? Can we remove the child from the app for now and reapply for him once the adoption is done? Can we petition to CIC that he is still a dependent of my husband and they have to let him come? Please any help would be appreciated.

We are confident she will work with us to adopt him as she wants what is best for the child, she doesnt want him so she is happy for my husband and I to adopt. this is the route we will take if we cant petition to prove he is child in the eyes of the jamaican courts if not in blood but I wonder what we should do now.

Cant stop crying :(

impatientwife

Jan 28, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2015
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
File Transfer...
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
UPFRONT/Extended until Aug/2017
Interview........
06/12/2016
Passport Req..
TOMORROW WOULD BE NICE LOL
VISA ISSUED...
ON SPOT ☺☺☺
LANDED..........
Already Did
CdnChic said:
Hello everyone, I have been reading this forum for years but was always one of the quite stalkers. Trying to see everyones perspectives and situations as I sat here quietly waiting for my family to come.

So here is where we are at now...could really use some advice
I am sponsoring my husband and his son from Jamaica. We were asked by CIC do do a DNA test I saw many requests in the forums so wasnt concerned. We are devastated to now find out that his son is not his biological child. My poor husband is sick over this. (I called Baby Mamma and she swears there was no one else) There is a baby mamma but she has never been on the scene. She has signed him over to his father at birth and his father is his guardian in Jamaica.

He is the only sole provider for this child and has raised him and taken care of him since birth. What avenues or direction can we take with CIC? How can we petition this to say no matter what the blood results are that man is his father and his support system. We will make a legal adoption request asap but how does that impact our current application? Can we asked CIC to delay for a few months while we legally adopt him? Can we remove the child from the app for now and reapply for him once the adoption is done? Can we petition to CIC that he is still a dependent of my husband and they have to let him come? Please any help would be appreciated.

We are confident she will work with us to adopt him as she wants what is best for the child, she doesnt want him so she is happy for my husband and I to adopt. this is the route we will take if we cant petition to prove he is child in the eyes of the jamaican courts if not in blood but I wonder what we should do now.

Cant stop crying :(
Wow I'm so sorry to hear this, that is his child no matter what, CIC on the other hand now I don't believe they'll allow you to delay they might advise to withdrawn and reapply or you continue and follow up with the adoption later, I think you should consult with a lawyer on this, this is a difficult one, again I'm sorry but love conquers all.

jacalinkup

Jan 13, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-15
AOR Received.
14-12-15
File Transfer...
23-12-15
Med's Done....
06-04-16
Passport Req..
Praying Soon.
VISA ISSUED...
Praying Soon.
LANDED..........
Praying Soon.
impatientwife said:
Wow I'm so sorry to hear this, that is his child no matter what, CIC on the other hand now I don't believe they'll allow you to delay they might advise to withdrawn and reapply or you continue and follow up with the adoption later, I think you should consult with a lawyer on this, this is a difficult one, again I'm sorry but love conquers all.
I agree. I think in your situation it is best to consult with a lawyer or even your mp's office to see if they can help you.

CdnChic

Oct 12, 2015
Yes thank you, I am hoping that I can find an appointment with an Immigration Lawyer on Monday. I am have been searching the web all morning - trying to understand the definition of "dependent child". " A child who depends on their parent for financial and other support. " - hopefully we can fight to prove his is still a dependent of my husband.

This was a shock to us all and a hurdle we were not prepared to hit. Seriously, the boy looks just like him. Lots to absorb and fight but it wont change our end goal - we will somehow someway all still be together as a family!!!

jacalinkup

Jan 13, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-15
AOR Received.
14-12-15
File Transfer...
23-12-15
Med's Done....
06-04-16
Passport Req..
Praying Soon.
VISA ISSUED...
Praying Soon.
LANDED..........
Praying Soon.
CdnChic said:
Yes thank you, I am hoping that I can find an appointment with an Immigration Lawyer on Monday. I am have been searching the web all morning - trying to understand the definition of "dependent child". " A child who depends on their parent for financial and other support. " - hopefully we can fight to prove his is still a dependent of my husband.

This was a shock to us all and a hurdle we were not prepared to hit. Seriously, the boy looks just like him. Lots to absorb and fight but it wont change our end goal - we will somehow someway all still be together as a family!!!
Where are you in Canada...maybe one of us can refer you to an immigration lawyer that we have been using.

CdnChic

Oct 12, 2015
Thanks, Im in Calgary Alberta.

I wonder if we can one - fight on the fact he is a dependent child and if not, two - if we can change him to non accompanying minor and still let my husband come through. Not that he would stay longer than getting his PR card and then go back to wait out the adoption and new application for our adopted son

Jamaicanadian

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Toronto East
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2015
Doc's Request.
RPRF 22-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Interview........
11-10-2016
Passport Req..
11-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
CdnChic said:
Thanks, Im in Calgary Alberta.

I wonder if we can one - fight on the fact he is a dependent child and if not, two - if we can change him to non accompanying minor and still let my husband come through. Not that he would stay longer than getting his PR card and then go back to wait out the adoption and new application for our adopted son
This unfortunately is not an uncommon occurrence. I'm not sure if how it works with respect to sponsorship. But, I do want to add that biological testing a are not always accurate. Poor sampling or poor analysis can give false readings. If it seems unbelievable that's it's not hubbys son I would definitely get a second opinion (do a second DNA). Keep in mind that a second negative result can be even more devastating but if it comes back positive it can definitely correct a very awful mistake.

No matter what the final outcome he is the father. If crooks and cons make it into Canada I don't see why your hubby and son shouldn't. I'll keep my ears peeled for any info I can. My heart and prayers go out to your family. God bless you all ❤

Spartabarbiie

Feb 25, 2016
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2, 2015
File Transfer...
November 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
CdnChic said:

I recall reading something about family class (and our new government) and their take on what "dependants" actually are. I will try to find it... But it did state that their view is not biological, and that if someone has raised someone, no matter white, black etc they are going to help families sponsor "their" family members. Biological children or whatever aren't going to be the only considered anymore. I believe I read it in an immigration email I am subscribed to. As for his father, I must commend him for taking this child on and "wanting" to raise him!!! A lot of men walk out of the women's life and it is so nice to see a man stepping up and raising a child! That is wonderful, shows what kind of character he has!!! All the best to you, finding a lawyer is the best bet I agree, as this is a touchy one, and you want all I and ts crossed appropriately and hopefully not have it have any issues going forward if a lawyer is there to assist along the way. ( even though they are costly) it's worth it. All the best!

jacalinkup

Jan 13, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-15
AOR Received.
14-12-15
File Transfer...
23-12-15
Med's Done....
06-04-16
Passport Req..
Praying Soon.
VISA ISSUED...
Praying Soon.
LANDED..........
Praying Soon.
impatientwife said:
It gave me a message that a rep is assigned to my file and can see my case and if I want to remove her to fill out the form and upload the form is provide but it doesn't give me the option to bypass it so I'll have to have my husband sign and upload it at a later date.
So I just got through and got the same message. Will try hubby's account tomorrow..if we still can't access the info without our rep I'll just order another set of notes.

impatientwife

Jan 28, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2015
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
File Transfer...
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
UPFRONT/Extended until Aug/2017
Interview........
06/12/2016
Passport Req..
TOMORROW WOULD BE NICE LOL
VISA ISSUED...
ON SPOT ☺☺☺
LANDED..........
Already Did
jacalinkup said:
So I just got through and got the same message. Will try hubby's account tomorrow..if we still can't access the info without our rep I'll just order another set of notes.
Hubby thinks we shouldn't remove the rep Lol so we'll leave as is for now but don't think I'll bother with notes I've already ordered twice.

jacalinkup

Jan 13, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-15
AOR Received.
14-12-15
File Transfer...
23-12-15
Med's Done....
06-04-16
Passport Req..
Praying Soon.
VISA ISSUED...
Praying Soon.
LANDED..........
Praying Soon.
impatientwife said:
Hubby thinks we shouldn't remove the rep Lol so we'll leave as is for now but don't think I'll bother with notes I've already ordered twice.
oh I've only ordered one set and that was back in March I'm due to order another one.

basl_jhjm

Dec 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
Med's Done....
10-10-2015
Interview........
November 22 2016
Passport Req..
November 22
VISA ISSUED...
November 22, 2016
LANDED..........
November 26. 2016
jacalinkup said:
I still didnt get in