+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

Paula_T

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
the mrs campbell said:
Hi everyone, I am putting together my application, grateful for others input on this forum. I think our application is small...select wedding pics, and pics of my visits to husband. Flight tickets, screenshot pics of us skyping, phone calls and gosh anything else I can think of and supporting documentation such as letters and of course all the required criteria as per the check list. I do not have any phone records nor does he due to the prepaid plan he is on..I often top up online. we have been together since July 2012, married Sept 21 2013.

I think key is the organization, its quality not quantity - being someone that was employed in a similar type of occupation - Receiving proposals in the hundreds for grants..it was really appreciated when I did not not have to spend my time looking for info. the use of tabs and dividers and ToC def makes the job easier. I would do the screening and check for completeness. If there was anything missing , it would get sent back. I would have a stack on my desk and literally next...so if it was sent back and then returned, it would not go back to my active work files.
i also topped up online for my husband as the international mins with digicel are so much cheaper ...I included a copy of the history from digicel .. As for him getting phone records from digicel we weren't successful getting them from digicel but we did include a explanation letter in our application explaining that even though I'm sure immigration knows already the phone records can't be easily obtained .. I have a Fido phone and I was able to email my text records and whatsapp history.. I didn't include so many pictures from our wedding but I did have a lot of pics from other times that I included ..with pics it's the quality not quantity .. I did use tabs and dividers and organized my application very well and yes that makes it easier for the VO to get to the info they need vs having to sort through hunderds of pages to look for it all .. I had 5 envelops all put in a small box from canada post and sent it in that way .. I labelled the envelopes 1. Sponsors forms and supporting documents .2.husbands PR application and supporting documents and then envelope 3 and 4 were of evidence to support our relationship and the last envelope was photos ... I did include a significant amount of stuff as my husband was in canada for a couple years before we were married and filed so we had a lot of assests owned together . I was told that my app would be "put on the back burner " and I sent in way to much stuff but that wasn't the case we got PPR 6 months after Kingston received our application .. The more your able to document your relationship the better because it gives them sufficient evidence to see your relationship is true, genuine and ongoing .. Mind you it has to be organized if you just send it in all unorganized and a box full of paper then I would think it could delay the process just because of the time they will spend sorting through it all to find what they need ... Also something that's also good to include which a family friend who practices immigration law advised me to do is write a statement from you explaining and detailing your relationship from the first meeting and how it progressed...I was detailed in mine and even included the first time we were intimate just didn't go into details about of course lol ... My husband and I both compared ours before sending them in Just to make sure he had all the dates correct so that he wasn't saying a completely different date then I was as that could cause suspicion and require a interview ... My sponsorship application was straight forward and I did not include a OPTION C printout because my taxes weren't done at the time yet. It I explained it in a note and it wasn't a problem I still got approved...I would sugguest you do medicals and police checks and pay the right to pernmanent resident fee at the time u send your application to Mississauga . This will decrease your wait by a significant amount because everytime Kingston has to ask for something then another 2-4 months is added to your process because when you send in the requested info it will be placed in another processing quere to wait for review ... Just be honest that's the most important thing !! Me and my husband argue sometimes like most normal couples and especially with the whole immigration process it's stressful and doesn't help and I did also include in our detailed account of our relationship the few arguments we had and I didn't try to make it sound like everything was 100% perfect .. You can also include some letters from family / friends that are aware of your relationship and know it is true genuine and ongoing .. My husband had a JP notorize his but mine weren't and you don't have to do that ... I also included a receipt from a rental car company from a while back when I rented a vehicle but his number was on there as the contact number ... Also on your husbands forms I believe the question is "describe how your relation progressed after your first meeting with your sponsor" i had my husband answer that question very detailed ... Some of the questions on his forms tell you to use a additional page if there isn't enough space .. Usually those questions you should try to answer as detailed as possible.. The amount you include would obviously have a lot to do with the amount of time you have been in a relationship and the amount of time you spent together .. Cause obviously a year long relationship wouldn't have as much to detail as a 5 year relationship ... As long as your honest and don't sugar coat everything and have faith you will be alright !!

Cece0225

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
KNG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2015
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
08-04-2015, SA: 15-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-04-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
18-12-2014
Passport Req..
08-02-2016 DM: 02-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
20-03-2016
Heyyy Queens!!

I see a pattern, do you?

Application filed date:
Nov 2014 --> Initial review: April 2015 (status goes to "in process" (well sometimes) after initial review or once KGN VO receives your file from Ottawa)
Dec 2014-->Initial review: May 2015
Jan 2015--> Initial review: June 2015
Feb 2015--> Initial review: July 2015
Mar 2015--> Initial review: Aug 2015
Apr 2015--> Initial review: Aug/Sept 2015

it depends on if there are more files or not for the month of initial review
If all is well, it appears that the file goes str8 to VO review, if not and need to make a docs req it appears that the file waits for review until all necessary and required documents are gotten.

Well just an observation and a guess... have you noticed this?

the mrs campbell

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
nations capital
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paula_T said:
i also topped up online for my husband as the international mins with digicel are so much cheaper ...I included a copy of the history from digicel .. As for him getting phone records from digicel we weren't successful getting them from digicel but we did include a explanation letter in our application explaining that even though I'm sure immigration knows already the phone records can't be easily obtained .. I have a Fido phone and I was able to email my text records and whatsapp history.. I didn't include so many pictures from our wedding but I did have a lot of pics from other times that I included ..with pics it's the quality not quantity .. I did use tabs and dividers and organized my application very well and yes that makes it easier for the VO to get to the info they need vs having to sort through hunderds of pages to look for it all .. I had 5 envelops all put in a small box from canada post and sent it in that way .. I labelled the envelopes 1. Sponsors forms and supporting documents .2.husbands PR application and supporting documents and then envelope 3 and 4 were of evidence to support our relationship and the last envelope was photos ... I did include a significant amount of stuff as my husband was in canada for a couple years before we were married and filed so we had a lot of assests owned together . I was told that my app would be "put on the back burner " and I sent in way to much stuff but that wasn't the case we got PPR 6 months after Kingston received our application .. The more your able to document your relationship the better because it gives them sufficient evidence to see your relationship is true, genuine and ongoing .. Mind you it has to be organized if you just send it in all unorganized and a box full of paper then I would think it could delay the process just because of the time they will spend sorting through it all to find what they need ... Also something that's also good to include which a family friend who practices immigration law advised me to do is write a statement from you explaining and detailing your relationship from the first meeting and how it progressed...I was detailed in mine and even included the first time we were intimate just didn't go into details about of course lol ... My husband and I both compared ours before sending them in Just to make sure he had all the dates correct so that he wasn't saying a completely different date then I was as that could cause suspicion and require a interview ... My sponsorship application was straight forward and I did not include a OPTION C printout because my taxes weren't done at the time yet. It I explained it in a note and it wasn't a problem I still got approved...I would sugguest you do medicals and police checks and pay the right to pernmanent resident fee at the time u send your application to Mississauga . This will decrease your wait by a significant amount because everytime Kingston has to ask for something then another 2-4 months is added to your process because when you send in the requested info it will be placed in another processing quere to wait for review ... Just be honest that's the most important thing !! Me and my husband argue sometimes like most normal couples and especially with the whole immigration process it's stressful and doesn't help and I did also include in our detailed account of our relationship the few arguments we had and I didn't try to make it sound like everything was 100% perfect .. You can also include some letters from family / friends that are aware of your relationship and know it is true genuine and ongoing .. My husband had a JP notorize his but mine weren't and you don't have to do that ... I also included a receipt from a rental car company from a while back when I rented a vehicle but his number was on there as the contact number ... Also on your husbands forms I believe the question is "describe how your relation progressed after your first meeting with your sponsor" i had my husband answer that question very detailed ... Some of the questions on his forms tell you to use a additional page if there isn't enough space .. Usually those questions you should try to answer as detailed as possible.. The amount you include would obviously have a lot to do with the amount of time you have been in a relationship and the amount of time you spent together .. Cause obviously a year long relationship wouldn't have as much to detail as a 5 year relationship ... As long as your honest and don't sugar coat everything and have faith you will be alright !!
thanks Paula, I too will not be including a option c print out this is due to the fact that my salary is income tax exempt. I have a letter from my employer and 26 paystubs and banking printoff of all my credits that went into my account i.e my salary. I am worried that it will affect my sponsor app. but I understand they want the option c to verify you are not on Social assistance. which I havenèt since mid 90s. and I am eligible to sponsor. I have a contact in social services and I am going to ask if she can run my name in the system and do a letter indicating I am not on OW.

the mrs campbell

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
nations capital
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paula_T said:
and thank you for the wealth of information : )

the mrs campbell

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
nations capital
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
medical fees
my husband has to do his medical. how much does the physician in MoBay Dr Rosemary is it Douglas charge $$$ and do they send directly to CiC

thanks

nursewife

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Cece0225 said:
Heyyy Queens!!

I see a pattern, do you?

Application filed date:
Nov 2014 --> Initial review: April 2015 (status goes to "in process" (well sometimes) after initial review or once KGN VO receives your file from Ottawa)

If all is well, it appears that the file goes str8 to VO review, if not and need to make a docs req it appears that the file waits for review until all necessary and required documents are gotten.

We applied in Feb of this year, did not pay the RPRF up front due to a slight financial set back after sustaining an Injury at work. In July we were contacted by email on a Saturday (shockingly) for the RPRF which I paid. So I guess for me this observation holds true as we applied in Feb then heard something in July I guess after the initial review by Kingston... So now we just continue to wait. Hopefully not much longer. A friend of mine just recently completed the whole ordeal but that was after 23 months but he had a lot of things against him his story was kind of hard to believe by any standards. Another friend took only 7 months from start to finish so sometimes it's hard to know what to think. My only hope is that it's over for all of us soon and very soon. Ecas has still never moved beyond application received, medical records recieved for us, but I've also been told it does not always update in a timely manner.

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
nursewife said:
We applied in Feb of this year, did not pay the RPRF up front due to a slight financial set back after sustaining an Injury at work. In July we were contacted by email on a Saturday (shockingly) for the RPRF which I paid. So I guess for me this observation holds true as we applied in Feb then heard something in July I guess after the initial review by Kingston... So now we just continue to wait. Hopefully not much longer. A friend of mine just recently completed the whole ordeal but that was after 23 months but he had a lot of things against him his story was kind of hard to believe by any standards. Another friend took only 7 months from start to finish so sometimes it's hard to know what to think. My only hope is that it's over for all of us soon and very soon. Ecas has still never moved beyond application received, medical records recieved for us, but I've also been told it does not always update in a timely manner.
They definitely do not update in a timely manner. Nor do they do anything else ina timely manner either.
Ive also been contacted on both a Saturday and Sunday! Amazing isnt it.

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Cece0225 said:
Heyyy Queens!!

I see a pattern, do you?

Application filed date:

See, this is why im glad i didnt do upfront medicals and police check. Because my hubbys are still good until april 2016. I know its a good thing to have them upfront, so yes i understand that but it could also be considered a waste as well because like me, if you hand in your file in december, mississauga approves in march (thats 3 months wasted), then the file goes to kingston and they dont start working on it right away. So then you wait for that too and could end up having to do police check again, wasting time and money. I suggest doing them after SA, because you dont want to wait to long. If they have to ask for them then u may end up waiting the extra 2 months

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
31-08-15 and Kingston started Process 9-9-15
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
11-08-16 and got interview e-mail 07-07-16
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
check my wife email since night she was approved application forward to Kingston ;D :D :) thank god

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
chucky44 said:
check my wife email since night she was approved application forward to Kingston ;D :D :) thank god
Congrats Chucky!! Yes man you got SA!!!

Cece0225

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
KNG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2015
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
08-04-2015, SA: 15-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-04-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
18-12-2014
Passport Req..
08-02-2016 DM: 02-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
20-03-2016
nursewife said:

heyy, when in Feb did you apply and when did they contact you? exact dates, Im trying to do a statistical analysis... Best of luck and yes this also hold true for me as well, I also applied in feb...

Paula_T

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
shortyp2000 said:
See, this is why im glad i didnt do upfront medicals and police check. Because my hubbys are still good until april 2016. I know its a good thing to have them upfront, so yes i understand that but it could also be considered a waste as well because like me, if you hand in your file in december, mississauga approves in march (thats 3 months wasted), then the file goes to kingston and they dont start working on it right away. So then you wait for that too and could end up having to do police check again, wasting time and money. I suggest doing them after SA, because you dont want to wait to long. If they have to ask for them then u may end up waiting the extra 2 months
if you don't send the medical and PC the same time it will add time to the process even if you wait and send it once Mississauga transfers it then it still won't reach Kingston and be looked at the same time as your file ..unless of course you get lucky and you emailed them a copy with the specific file number and a scanned police check ... Yes the medicals do expire in a year but 99% of the time Kingston will give you a additional year extension it uou requested it .. As for police checks having to be Valid when you land in canada isn't correct, while they have to be valid once your file begins processing it doesn't have to be valid when your leaving Jamaica just the medical does .. So if you don't do the PC and medicals upfront and there is a mix up and they don't receive it or there unorganized and it doesn't get placed with the rest of your file then you risk having your application returned to you after they do the initial review and they don't see it .. This happened in my husbands brothers case when his wife didn't have him do them upfront and he sent them in the week after sponsorship approval but somehow the PC never was put with the file So they thought it wasn't included and returned the whole package . This was so stressful on them as it added 4 more months to the process for them and they also didn't get some of the supporting documents back so they had a hard time replacing some of the documents ...it was a big Hassle and While I'm sure this isn't always the case it was a risk I didn't want to take ..But it is everyone's choice and every case is different . But I do know for a fact when they first receive mail it isn't checked for months after they receive so it will delay your process in most cases .. Now my husbands medical as set to expire August 10 as well as PC and they emailed me to give me a extension on the medical until August 10/16 and they clearly told me not to resend in another PC and they would notify me if anything else is required ... Well about 2 weeks after that we received PPR and his police check has expired since August 10 and he wasn't required to summit another one . So people who think they can't land without a valid police are not correct ... Once your husband gets back his passport he will have to leave Jamaica either before the expiry of his medical or before his passport expiry which ever comes first .. With all this being said I am not trying to scare anyone and I am not intending to come off negative so if this sounds negative I do appologize and I do know every case is different and processed differently .... Good luck ladies and Kingston is moving a man my husband knows also received a PPR today :.. There application began processing Feb 23/15 so soon more ppl should expect to get there PPR....I will let you all kno as soon as the passport comes back hopefully I'm not one of the unfortunate ones who end up waiting 3+ months for it to be returned .. The Canadian government fails to realize the importance of us having our loved ones here with us ..it puts your relationship under a lot of stress.... And if a work visa or study visa or visiting visa can be processed in approx 30 working days why can't these applications , you would think spousal sponsorship would move faster , or they should atleast guarantee TRVs for our spouses and allow them to work part time and live with us over here while they make a decision ..you only have the inland option if your Spouse lives in Canada so were forced to be without our husbands here with us ... For most of us it's not logical for us to go live with them in Jamaica and while I love it there I wouldn't want to live there, way to much corruption and bad mind ..I kinda feel like they intentionally make spousal sponsorship generally take longer to avoid having a excessive amount of applications that are fraudulent .. Not ever person would want to have there life on hold for years and not be able to get remarried just so
They can make 5-20,000 ... It's a lot of work .

nursewife

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Cece0225 said:
heyy, when in Feb did you apply and when did they contact you? exact dates, Im trying to do a statistical analysis... Best of luck and yes this also hold true for me as well, I also applied in feb...
I applied Feb 5th received in Mississauga the 6th. Got and email April 2nd confirming they received the package, approved as a sponsor April 15 file sent to Kingston as per email/letter. Then an email to my husband requesting RPRF on July 18th. Nothing else since but hopefully soon. Best of luck to you as well.

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Paula_T said:
if you don't send the medical and PC the same time it will add time to the process even if you wait and send it once Mississauga transfers it then it still won't reach Kingston and be looked at the same time as your file ..unless of course you get lucky and you emailed them a copy with the specific file number and a scanned police check ... Yes the medicals do expire in a year but 99% of the time Kingston will give you a additional year extension it uou requested it .. As for police checks having to be Valid when you land in canada isn't correct, while they have to be valid once your file begins processing it doesn't have to be valid when your leaving Jamaica just the medical does .. So if you don't do the PC and medicals upfront and there is a mix up and they don't receive it or there unorganized and it doesn't get placed with the rest of your file then you risk having your application returned to you after they do the initial review and they don't see it .. This happened in my husbands brothers case when his wife didn't have him do them upfront and he sent them in the week after sponsorship approval but somehow the PC never was put with the file So they thought it wasn't included and returned the whole package . This was so stressful on them as it added 4 more months to the process for them and they also didn't get some of the supporting documents back so they had a hard time replacing some of the documents ...it was a big Hassle and While I'm sure this isn't always the case it was a risk I didn't want to take ..But it is everyone's choice and every case is different . But I do know for a fact when they first receive mail it isn't checked for months after they receive so it will delay your process in most cases .. Now my husbands medical as set to expire August 10 as well as PC and they emailed me to give me a extension on the medical until August 10/16 and they clearly told me not to resend in another PC and they would notify me if anything else is required ... Well about 2 weeks after that we received PPR and his police check has expired since August 10 and he wasn't required to summit another one . So people who think they can't land without a valid police are not correct ... Once your husband gets back his passport he will have to leave Jamaica either before the expiry of his medical or before his passport expiry which ever comes first .
True, but mississauga doesnt care if the medical or police checks are in the application, they only care about the SA. Kingston doesnt look at your file right away, so they dont even know if u have the medical or background check for months.