Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Congrats for you Mrs K, jojrob1 and jacwife !! So nice!!! :D

Bieraumane, I pray for you my friend ! Soon your turn for sure ! ;)

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
jacwife said:
Feel like I haven't been on here in a long time. Been so busy with work and making preparations for hubbys arrival. So on Jan 26, I got the email requesting prepaid envelop. So i was going to do fedex but I was told its better to use the same courier for sending/ return. So I made arrangements with dhl. By Wednesday I got an email saying that the courier attempted pickup but passport wasn't ready. It seemed strange to me but I tried to remain calm. So the entire week went by and no word from dhl. The following Monday, I decided to call dhl and ask them to reattempt pickup and find out what is going on. So I was surprised when they said that the package was picked up on the Thursday, and arrived in Jamaica on Friday evening the 30th. They apogised for not giving us a call. Anyways, hubby picked it up last Wednesday. Can't believe!!! Its surreal. Booked his flight and he is on his way home as I write these words. I'm so numb with all sorts of emotions.
That is awesome Jacwife!! Looking forward to the landing story!!

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
jojrob1 said:
hey everyone, just a landing update i am finally in CANADA!!!! the flight was good the stop at the immigration was ok except for the stern voice that greeted me at first but after that the officer was ok, didnt bother to bring anything but some rum and glad i didnt.The weather in canada is crazy but i am adjusting. Happiest day of my life seeing hubby again and finally being able to continue our lives living together. All the best to everyone.
Welcome/Bienvenue to Canada Jojrob!!!

Please keep us posted on your adjustment to Canada we would love to hear more.

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
MrsK said:
Congrats Jacwife, waiting for your landing story....jojrob welcome to Canada....as for use our journey with immigration is finally coming to a end. we received the passports back today and after twenty months my husband and son will be joining me and my family in Canada on Thursday, the emotions I feel are beyond words, it doesn't seem real that in 48 hours we will all be together forever....
So amazing MrsK finally that was definitely a long haul for you!! Can't wait to read your landing story and happy reunion!

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Mitchell‘s said:
My be the others add problems with them. But everythings going good with ours..
My hubby passport was in POS for 5 weeks and there was no problem with our file. Others too have no problems with their files and the PP was there even longer. Some times they just like to take their sweet arse time to get it back. KGN seems to be much quicker on returning PP though. Did you go to Decision Made yet? That is when you know that your passport has left/or is ready to leave their offices. Good luck.

Mitchell do you mind providing us with some information? When did you send your application in, when did you get sponsorship approval, etc.?

MrsK

Dec 5, 2014
Twoheartsonelove said:
So amazing MrsK finally that was definitely a long haul for you!! Can't wait to read your landing story and happy reunion!

Thanks two hearts, I am starting to freak out, so many emotions to deal with, landing story to follow

Mitchell‘s

Nov 22, 2014
Hey so our timeline in a nutshell looks like this.......sent application july 17 was approved as a sponsor in August then basically didn't hear anything until January 23rd I believe when they asked for final payment. I was down in Jamaica during this time and we had his policy record that we didn't send in with the original application so at the beginning of January we took it upon ourselves to send it to the embassy without then asking for it, so thnakful we did. I don't think people suggest doing that though. Usually they say to wait until CIC requests it. Anyways so they asked for final payment end of January then it went In Process Feb 7th and then my husband got a call February 10th requesting his passport, he sent it the same day :D

guyanese24

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014 (return as cic updated 2 forms) resummited -Sept 09th 2014- All fees were paid, medical,police check,skype,photos etc summited with app.
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Oct 23, 2014- Sponsor Approved Letter
File Transfer...
Sept 09th 2014, Husband got email Nov 3rd,2014 from POS stating they have recieved his app.
Med's Request
Medical Recieved by POS Dec 2014-In Process Dec 11th 2014
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
Dec-16-2014- Thank you God (CIC Receive passport dec 18th)
VISA ISSUED...
Feb -05-15, Passport in hand Feb 12th 2015
LANDED..........
Pending - March 07th 2015
Hey all just a quick update. We received the passport today 8) :p. So happy but yet feeling a bit sad as I know that there are many waiting to receive theirs.
so yesterday hubby checked ecas and saw in process and decided tostill check fedex to see Iif tracking was activated and it was. The file left POS yesterday and fedex called at 6:18 am this morning to say that the package is there. Now just have to book flight today. To all waiting we still and will continue to have you guys in prayer. Visa was issued on 5th feb and we have until july to get there. Its tough guys but hang in there it took us exactly 2 months after sending pp to get it back.

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
guyanese24 said:
Hey all just a quick update. We received the passport today 8) :p. So happy but yet feeling a bit sad as I know that there are many waiting to receive theirs.
so yesterday hubby checked ecas and saw in process and decided tostill check fedex to see Iif tracking was activated and it was. The file left POS yesterday and fedex called at 6:18 am this morning to say that the package is there. Now just have to book flight today. To all waiting we still and will continue to have you guys in prayer. Visa was issued on 5th feb and we have until july to get there. Its tough guys but hang in there it took us exactly 2 months after sending pp to get it back.
Congrats !! Immigration journey done! :)

guyanese24

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014 (return as cic updated 2 forms) resummited -Sept 09th 2014- All fees were paid, medical,police check,skype,photos etc summited with app.
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Oct 23, 2014- Sponsor Approved Letter
File Transfer...
Sept 09th 2014, Husband got email Nov 3rd,2014 from POS stating they have recieved his app.
Med's Request
Medical Recieved by POS Dec 2014-In Process Dec 11th 2014
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
Dec-16-2014- Thank you God (CIC Receive passport dec 18th)
VISA ISSUED...
Feb -05-15, Passport in hand Feb 12th 2015
LANDED..........
Pending - March 07th 2015
MelJam said:
ts !! Immigration journey done! :)
oh thatnks alot mel, and thanks toeeveryone for their support. It feels so good that from here onwards it's up to us not pos or cic basically

s_spence

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-09-2013
Med's Done....
04-18-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-01-2015
guyanese24 said:
oh thatnks alot mel, and thanks toeeveryone for their support. It feels so good that from here onwards it's up to us not pos or cic basically
Congratulations, GOD is great. :)

Mrs. Wright

Dec 3, 2014
Congrats to Jacwife, guanyanese and all the others who received great news this week. :D 8)

Just to update everyone. Hubby landed safely on Thursday (Feb. 5) at midnight (technically it would be Friday morning). Although it was a night flight hubby enjoyed every minute of it, especially when he was landing in Toronto and seeing all the lights from the buildings. He was out the airport in about 30 minutes (His plane landed early too). The only question immigration asked him was if he was planning to go back to Jamaica for more of his things or did he bring everything that he needed. They took the COPR with his pic and he kept the second copy. They asked him if he had any questions and he said "Yes where do I go to pick up my suitcase" and they then directed him. He got his suitcase and he was out the door. My dad met him at the doors as I waited in the car, being 9 months preggers it was just too cold for me to waddle my way to the door. When he got to the car I got out and of course we hugged and couldn't stop smiling at each other. He attempted to walk over to the drivers side and I had to remind him that the passenger side is on the next side lol (as in JA they drive on the opposite side). We talked for most of the night (or should I say morning) and then....well you know! lol ;) :p

Well its been 1 week today. He landed Thursday, and on Monday at 1pm hubby had a job interview with a really great company. I had arranged the interview prior to him coming and had emailed his resume to them. So for the interview I was able to sit in the room with him and I think that made him more relaxed. They didn't ask him much questions I think just 2 and mostly explained what they look for in their employees, discussed pay rate, work benefits, work schedule etc.......Well he got the job!!! :D :D. The next day we went and got his SIN number and he opened a bank account. He started work on Wed and even made a few friends already, one who was also Jamaican and who knew some of the same ppl in JA as my husband. He said they were so friendly and welcomed him to the company. Today is his 2nd day at work, I cant wait to hear what his day was like today! All the best for everyone still waiting. ;D

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Mrs. Wright said:
Congrats to Jacwife, guanyanese and all the others who received great news this week. :D 8)

Just to update everyone. Hubby landed safely on Thursday (Feb. 5) at midnight (technically it would be Friday morning). Although it was a night flight hubby enjoyed every minute of it, especially when he was landing in Toronto and seeing all the lights from the buildings. He was out the airport in about 30 minutes (His plane landed early too). The only question immigration asked him was if he was planning to go back to Jamaica for more of his things or did he bring everything that he needed. They took the COPR with his pic and he kept the second copy. They asked him if he had any questions and he said "Yes where do I go to pick up my suitcase" and they then directed him. He got his suitcase and he was out the door. My dad met him at the doors as I waited in the car, being 9 months preggers it was just too cold for me to waddle my way to the door. When he got to the car I got out and of course we hugged and couldn't stop smiling at each other. He attempted to walk over to the drivers side and I had to remind him that the passenger side is on the next side lol (as in JA they drive on the opposite side). We talked for most of the night (or should I say morning) and then....well you know! lol ;) :p

Well its been 1 week today. He landed Thursday, and on Monday at 1pm hubby had a job interview with a really great company. I had arranged the interview prior to him coming and had emailed his resume to them. So for the interview I was able to sit in the room with him and I think that made him more relaxed. They didn't ask him much questions I think just 2 and mostly explained what they look for in their employees, discussed pay rate, work benefits, work schedule etc.......Well he got the job!!! :D :D. The next day we went and got his SIN number and he opened a bank account. He started work on Wed and even made a few friends already, one who was also Jamaican and who knew some of the same ppl in JA as my husband. He said they were so friendly and welcomed him to the company. Today is his 2nd day at work, I cant wait to hear what his day was like today! All the best for everyone still waiting. ;D
Congrats to you both !! :)

bieraumane

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2013
Doc's Request.
September 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
December 18 2014
VISA ISSUED...
February 12 2015
LANDED..........
February 12 2015
guyanese24 said:
Dear Guyanese24, I told you that you and I will get the pp back the same day, and so be it, my wife received her's today with the cpr, 2 months........This is a great feeling...
Congrats to you Guyanese24
Mel I like the dark purple color very much, you could add it please...17 months total

I will keep you all posted