20-11-2014
Passport Req..
26-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2015
LANDED..........
31-01-2015
CeCe la Belle said:
JAMFAM one question though....when the office makes a decision don't they contact both of you about the decision?
What courier service did U go with ?

stacyr320

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
File Transfer...
08-01-2014
Med's Done....
08-01-2014
Interview........
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
26-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2015
LANDED..........
31-01-2015
Mrs. Parkin said:
LANDING STORY!!!!!!!!

I live in PEI and couldn't get all the way to JA to meet up with hubby like we had always planned, so we decided to meet in Toronto and fly back to PEI together. So Monday, Dec 1 he had a huge farewell with his Mom and 3 of his brothers and his sister and his best friend at the airport and he was there 2.5 hours early and was at the front of the line - BUT he got a trainee and he wouldn't let him go through without a printed off Itinerary - so Mr. Parkin was like "my wife said all I would need is this passport!" and the trainee was like 'call your wife make her send it to you for proof etc" and he was trying to reach me but I was in the air and he called my family and they didn't have it and he was starting to worry because he was the LAST one left, everyone else in the line got through and he was still there and finally a senior worker comes up and says 'whats the hold up' and Trainee explained and the Senior says "LET THE MAN THROUGH, Can't you see he's an Immigrant?!?!!" and they apologized over and over and sent him to security (where he kept his phone in his pocket and buzzed, of course!) then he messaged me saying "I just went through the X-ray machine!!!!! I'm RUNNING for the gate now baby, see you in Toronto!!! -- which is the BEST message you could receive after getting so many "baby, call me, I need my Itinerary, they ain't letting me on baby" that preceded that! ???

He was the FIRST person to go through immigration upon reaching TO and they just asked him if he'd travelled anywhere with Ebola, and how long he was staying and he said "I'm here to live with my wife forever" and the officer said "Oh!! Congratulations! Welcome to Canada!" and off he went! advised him to do SIN card in PEI etc. He turned that corner and our eyes met immediately and we just ran to each other and it was an amazing moment!

I had a coat and hat and mitts ready but he refused the gloves saying "I know it's going to get worse, I need to get used to it" then we waited outside for our shuttle that was supposed to take 10 -15 minutes and took 50!! he regretted no mitts lol!

The next day THOR picked us up at the Hotel and we 3 met up with Nini for lunch, and it was incredible!! Such a nice time together and there were some flurries and Mr. Parkin was like "First time stepping in Sah-now!" and stomped his foot down on the 3 or 4 flurries on the ground! Then we were off again to the airport for our flight to PEI! We got ourselves some Timmies and relished in the fact that we were travelling TOGETHER for the first time! We snuggled on the plane and both had a much needed cat-nap, complete with snoring and drool - it was so romantic.. :p ;) and lucky for us upon THIS landing we got to experience a whole other landing reaction from my friends and family, probably 30-40 people, who were all waiting for us with Banners and cheers!!! It was a HUGE welcome home for him and he said on the way home "that. was. Awesome."

Our first night together in our home - it was so surreal -- we are still flying high! All the stress of just weeks ago is a distant memory and all we are focusing on is our bright future together. We are so blessed to have found each other and Mr. Parkin said to me last night as we were falling asleep - "You were made for me, this is what we've been longing for and God is so good!" Wow, to hear that and be in his arms knowing that we are on the other side of this process is indescribable. We spent yesterday driving around town a bit getting some household things and we went into the hardware store and he was in HEAVEN! kept saying "I'm going to go over here Ok? I'm going to get one of these one day...I can't believe it's all right here at our fingertips! we can pick, choose and refuse!!"

I can't remember who mentioned it lately, but when your home begins to smell of your hubby's cologne, it makes a person emotional! That scent is more intoxicating then ever before...this morning I was getting ready for work and saw his dirty socks in the laundry bin with mine and I started to giggle. I must be exhausted or something, but even that is fun right now!!

I better go, it's lunchtime and my dad just picked him up and they are heading to my work so we can all go meet my dad's mother!! All the best everyone! I can't wait for you all to have this experience!!

XOXO Mr. & Mrs. P
Lovely landing story!!! So happy all of us who were in the together.. All have our hubbies here now or on their way.... So happy for you ... Oxox

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Mrs. Parkin said:
LANDING STORY!!!!!!!!

I live in PEI and couldn't get all the way to JA to meet up with hubby like we had always planned, so we decided to meet in Toronto and fly back to PEI together. So Monday, Dec 1 he had a huge farewell with his Mom and 3 of his brothers and his sister and his best friend at the airport and he was there 2.5 hours early and was at the front of the line - BUT he got a trainee and he wouldn't let him go through without a printed off Itinerary - so Mr. Parkin was like "my wife said all I would need is this passport!" and the trainee was like 'call your wife make her send it to you for proof etc" and he was trying to reach me but I was in the air and he called my family and they didn't have it and he was starting to worry because he was the LAST one left, everyone else in the line got through and he was still there and finally a senior worker comes up and says 'whats the hold up' and Trainee explained and the Senior says "LET THE MAN THROUGH, Can't you see he's an Immigrant?!?!!" and they apologized over and over and sent him to security (where he kept his phone in his pocket and buzzed, of course!) then he messaged me saying "I just went through the X-ray machine!!!!! I'm RUNNING for the gate now baby, see you in Toronto!!! -- which is the BEST message you could receive after getting so many "baby, call me, I need my Itinerary, they ain't letting me on baby" that preceded that! ???

He was the FIRST person to go through immigration upon reaching TO and they just asked him if he'd travelled anywhere with Ebola, and how long he was staying and he said "I'm here to live with my wife forever" and the officer said "Oh!! Congratulations! Welcome to Canada!" and off he went! advised him to do SIN card in PEI etc. He turned that corner and our eyes met immediately and we just ran to each other and it was an amazing moment!

I had a coat and hat and mitts ready but he refused the gloves saying "I know it's going to get worse, I need to get used to it" then we waited outside for our shuttle that was supposed to take 10 -15 minutes and took 50!! he regretted no mitts lol!

The next day THOR picked us up at the Hotel and we 3 met up with Nini for lunch, and it was incredible!! Such a nice time together and there were some flurries and Mr. Parkin was like "First time stepping in Sah-now!" and stomped his foot down on the 3 or 4 flurries on the ground! Then we were off again to the airport for our flight to PEI! We got ourselves some Timmies and relished in the fact that we were travelling TOGETHER for the first time! We snuggled on the plane and both had a much needed cat-nap, complete with snoring and drool - it was so romantic.. :p ;) and lucky for us upon THIS landing we got to experience a whole other landing reaction from my friends and family, probably 30-40 people, who were all waiting for us with Banners and cheers!!! It was a HUGE welcome home for him and he said on the way home "that. was. Awesome."

Our first night together in our home - it was so surreal -- we are still flying high! All the stress of just weeks ago is a distant memory and all we are focusing on is our bright future together. We are so blessed to have found each other and Mr. Parkin said to me last night as we were falling asleep - "You were made for me, this is what we've been longing for and God is so good!" Wow, to hear that and be in his arms knowing that we are on the other side of this process is indescribable. We spent yesterday driving around town a bit getting some household things and we went into the hardware store and he was in HEAVEN! kept saying "I'm going to go over here Ok? I'm going to get one of these one day...I can't believe it's all right here at our fingertips! we can pick, choose and refuse!!"

I can't remember who mentioned it lately, but when your home begins to smell of your hubby's cologne, it makes a person emotional! That scent is more intoxicating then ever before...this morning I was getting ready for work and saw his dirty socks in the laundry bin with mine and I started to giggle. I must be exhausted or something, but even that is fun right now!!

I better go, it's lunchtime and my dad just picked him up and they are heading to my work so we can all go meet my dad's mother!! All the best everyone! I can't wait for you all to have this experience!!

XOXO Mr. & Mrs. P
Congrats for you both !! Beautiful landing story !!!!!!! Awwwwwwww ! Yay yay!! :-* :-* :-*

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Mrs. Parkin said:
Ok! first things first!!! CONGRATS MY DEAR JAM FAM ON ALL THE NEWS!!!!!

HUGE HUGE shoutout to my girls THOR, Meljam & Sh&Sh!!!! Finally things are lining themselves up. I'm so estatic for everyone hearing any news at all!! :-* :-* :-*
:-* :p :eek: :eek: :D :D ;D ;D
Secondly!!! I'll be back soon with a landing story!!!
Thanks girl !! Now I just waiting to him to receive the call or email......unbearable wait !! Ughhhhh !! :D

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Mrs. Parkin said:
LANDING STORY!!!!!!!!

XOXO Mr. & Mrs. P
Welcome / Bienvenue to Canada Mr. Parkins!!!

Happy tears as I read your landing story...I am so happy for you and Mr. P. Having meet and spent time with you both I realize how PERFECT you are for each other. I wish you all the best with loads of happiness and joy!! Please keep us all posted on the progress of him adjusting to life in PEI...from a small island to and even SMALLER island :eek:

Happy thoughts and many prayers for you both :-*

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
CeCe la Belle said:
JAMFAM one question though....when the office makes a decision don't they contact both of you about the decision?
CeCe so your spouse sent his passport in on Nov 25th and now you have DM as of a few days ago in ECAS? If so, then passport should be coming back to him. Have you checked with courier company? Try emailing POS to ask them if they sent out the package. Did you have a prepaid waybill for the return to JA? If not, you may need to contact the courier company to arrange the pick up. Maybe you can better explain what you did and your situation?

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
courtney28 said:
His passport is on its way back from kingston!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Woo hoo that is wonderful!! Now you can book a flight!! When will your spouse be coming home to you? Will you go pick them up or will they come on their own?

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Mel can you please update the spreadsheet to say that we sent the passport to POS today!

After calling DHL and FedEx we decided to go with FedEx. They allowed me to open a FedEx account with my credit card. My husband went to the Montego Bay office with his passport and other documents going to POS. He paid with the account for the waybill to POS and then he prepared a second waybill with the return address in MoBay and used the account number. When POS sends back his passport they will then charge my FedEx account. I just tracked package and it is on it way to POS. So far so good with FedEx!! Thought I would share in case anyone wanted to go the same route. Setting up the FedEx account online was easy and took no time at all.

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Twoheartsonelove said:
Mel can you please update the spreadsheet to say that we sent the passport to POS today!

After calling DHL and FedEx we decided to go with FedEx. They allowed me to open a FedEx account with my credit card. My husband went to the Montego Bay office with his passport and other documents going to POS. He paid with the account for the waybill to POS and then he prepared a second waybill with the return address in MoBay and used the account number. When POS sends back his passport they will then charge my FedEx account. I just tracked package and it is on it way to POS. So far so good with FedEx!! Thought I would share in case anyone wanted to go the same route. Setting up the FedEx account online was easy and took no time at all.
Done !! ;)

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Im looking at the spreadheet and wondering if some of you guys had news from : dlmo77, jboo, JAMCANSO4 , bieraumane , Palara, BullsBelle, CanJammer , Mike29stone and CanadianWifey89 ?? They did not post for a while now...wondering whaa gwan wid dem! :)

QueenP

Apr 21, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2014
File Transfer...
04-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
tek too long
LANDED..........
mi cant wait
Hey guys... congrats to everyone hearing news.. the year a end good.. i might not post alot but i do love this forum. It kept my sanity
PPR i just got the email.. mi start bawl.. mi a shake. . Mi cant even write properly.. omg :D

jacwife

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
Mrs. Parkin said:
LANDING STORY!!!!!!!!

XOXO Mr. & Mrs. P

Awwww, so happy for you and Mr. P. You must be so glad to be on the other side of this process. Its over and done. Congrats again.

jacwife

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
atclarke said:
I'm going to go crazy. My husband wants to sell his car then he'll book a flight here. Ughhh, anyone know how the heck to sell a car fast in Jamaica? lol :(

hey atclarke, my aunt is looking to buy a car. can you give me the make, model and how old the vehicle. also the location and price if possible. I could tell my aunt and see if it is a good fit for her.

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
QueenP said:
Hey guys... congrats to everyone hearing news.. the year a end good.. i might not post alot but i do love this forum. It kept my sanity
PPR i just got the email.. mi start bawl.. mi a shake. . Mi cant even write properly.. omg :D
OMG so niiiice girl!!! Congrats!!! Does ecas change before to In process or decision made?? Yay yay!! So happy for u both!!! :D

QueenP

Apr 21, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2014
File Transfer...
04-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
tek too long
LANDED..........
mi cant wait
MelJam said:
OMG so niiiice girl!!! Congrats!!! Does ecas change before to In process or decision made?? Yay yay!! So happy for u both!!! :D

Thank you MelJam, i checked ecas and it still says application received. So i was shocked when i seen the email in hubbys mail box.., so i dont know whats up with that..
i also wanted to big you up from long time because i love the support you give and the patients you have.. suh mi apologize to you cause mi know the frustration and mi wah you know i never directed nothing at you in my previous post.. straight love here