Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
MrsG said:
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give a quick update: my husband picked up his passport today!! It was technically ready last week - long story short, they processed it within two weeks! So Nini, a BIG CONGRATS and get ready! You're going to get that passport back before you know it!

All in all, this process has only taken 17 months; exactly what we asked for (I wrote in the letter I sent with our application that we were willing to wait 17 months. Was that the trick? Lol). I checked ecas now that the passport has its new, shiny visa (I rarely checked ecas before this). It finally says "Decision Made."

Kingston is definitely working this summer - there will be plenty of happy reunions in the next few months!!!! ;D
Congrats MrsG!!! When shall we expect the landing story??

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Zoey80 said:
Thanks Sammy!!!
I wanted to go visit some fam in the states, we might still try our luck.
Im glad the visa is added in Kingston....we should get it back much quicker i hope!
If you are going to try for his US visa so soon after he arrives, there is the very strong possibility that he will be denied (as Sammy said). They suggest waiting a bit of time and also having things such as a job and ties here will be helpful. If you are going to visit family you may want to have your family there write a letter on his behalf and may be even better if going for an occassion??!?!? Just a suggestion. Good luck! Oh and also woo hoo on getting his passport back soon!!!

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
sammystorm19 said:
He will need to apply for a visitors visa and to be honest....I know many people who just got PR and were denied a visitors visa to the states. Reason being is that they just received their PR and the states sees it as a way to get into their country faster. They were all advised to wait about a year before they applied for it

I'm not saying he will or will not be denied but in my opinion he's better of waiting to apply for one

On another note...welcome back and hopefully they return the passport quickly. And btw the visa is added down in Kingston. They are not sent up here for it

If you are going to try for his US visa so soon after he arrives, there is the very strong possibility that he will be denied (as Sammy said). They suggest waiting a bit of time and also having things such as a job and ties here will be helpful. If you are going to visit family you may want to have your family there write a letter on his behalf and may be even better if going for an occassion??!?!? Just a suggestion. Good luck!
I strongly agree with Sammy. But of course by all means if you want to give it a try, then yes and follow perhaps the suggestion of THOR for the letter writing. US will very likely see it as him trying to fast track his way into the states even though he isn't. If you guys get approved, post it here and let us know so that others can follow a similar regimen.

Hubby wants to visit the states, but he is wanting to wait at least a year or so.

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
On March 31, 2014, Service Canada began issuing SINs in a paper format (confirmation of SIN letter). Production of the plastic SIN cards has stopped

Wow... the more you know. lol

Mrs. Parkin

Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN then POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 30, 2014
AOR Received.
December 9, 2013
File Transfer...
October 17, 2013
Med's Request
Extended
Med's Done....
September 3, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 1, 2014
Hi Everyone!

So I got my Notes back and see that Hubby's Medical is Passed (YAYYYY)!!! no notes regarding Criminality or Security. All fees are paid, the file has been assigned to the VO since January and the "due date" is October 11th.

So YAY!!! It's such a great feeling to know that it's been looked at and not collecting dust until the very last moment! Hubby's PC expired in June (although it wasn't mentioned in the notes) so he is going next week to redo that and his Meds expire end of this month so I'm going to check the notes in Sept again to see if the meds got extended or not...hopefully so! OTher then that, I'm just going to sit here and keep impatiently waiting :p

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Mrs. Parkin said:
Hi Everyone!

So I got my Notes back and see that Hubby's Medical is Passed (YAYYYY)!!! no notes regarding Criminality or Security. All fees are paid, the file has been assigned to the VO since January and the "due date" is October 11th.

So YAY!!! It's such a great feeling to know that it's been looked at and not collecting dust until the very last moment! Hubby's PC expired in June (although it wasn't mentioned in the notes) so he is going next week to redo that and his Meds expire end of this month so I'm going to check the notes in Sept again to see if the meds got extended or not...hopefully so! OTher then that, I'm just going to sit here and keep impatiently waiting :p
Good feedback on your notes!!! Before you go and redo your medicals email Kingston to see if they have extended them or will extend them. If it's within 15 months of you doing them they may extend them. Don't spend the money right away until you know. They have extended quite a few peoples meds....and also requested others to redo. Let's hope you fall in the bunch where you don't need to redo them. Remember when you get your notes it's infomation from the first few days after you order them. They may have extended them near the end of September and you wouldn't have know....if you do see it on your notes it will show as a request to extend them and then it will show the new expiriy date

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
MrsG said:
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give a quick update: my husband picked up his passport today!! It was technically ready last week - long story short, they processed it within two weeks! So Nini, a BIG CONGRATS and get ready! You're going to get that passport back before you know it!

All in all, this process has only taken 17 months; exactly what we asked for (I wrote in the letter I sent with our application that we were willing to wait 17 months. Was that the trick? Lol). I checked ecas now that the passport has its new, shiny visa (I rarely checked ecas before this). It finally says "Decision Made."

Kingston is definitely working this summer - there will be plenty of happy reunions in the next few months!!!! ;D
Congrats hun!!!! Landing story coming up soon....even if he has been here before it is still exciting to hear about the landing!!! YAY!!

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Ninirae said:
On March 31, 2014, Service Canada began issuing SINs in a paper format (confirmation of SIN letter). Production of the plastic SIN cards has stopped

Wow... the more you know. lol
Nini...when hubby lands tell him not to do the SIN at the airport. Takes longer for him to get out those doors to you. This is something you guys can do together when he lands!!

And yes....no more SIN cards. Hell I haven't had one since I was 14 and lost it. I have just remembered my number.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
MelJam said:
Yeh and they were also closed last Friday (Emancipation Day)...so its so quiet, and they r probably more slow. Hope they will speed up the process in September!
They usually pick up speed in the fall...lets hope that all of us hear by that time and we all have our hubby's here soon!

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
sammystorm19 said:
Nini...when hubby lands tell him not to do the SIN at the airport. Takes longer for him to get out those doors to you. This is something you guys can do together when he lands!!

And yes....no more SIN cards. Hell I haven't had one since I was 14 and lost it. I have just remembered my number.
Oh no, he already said he doesn't want to do it at the airport. He would rather wait in line with me lol. I had a new SIN card issued to me after I got married with my new name, but other than that.... meh.

I suppose it makes sense though, why waste the plastic!

PinkyM

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
PC 3.8.14
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Ninirae said:
Oh no, he already said he doesn't want to do it at the airport. He would rather wait in line with me lol. I had a new SIN card issued to me after I got married with my new name, but other than that.... meh.

I suppose it makes sense though, why waste the plastic!
We didn't do it at the airport either....too many people landed in front of us and my kids were not so patiently waiting on the other side of the doors for their mommy & stepdaddy!

You are right nini about wasting the plastic.....when I open hubby's wallet, it makes me laugh cuz some of the cards in there have been there so long that they are cracked from him sitting on them all the time!

MrsG

May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 22 2013
File Transfer...
Apr. 30 2013
Med's Request
Meds Redo: Apr. 14 2014; PC Redo: Mar. 20 2014
Med's Done....
Jan. 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 15 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 28 2104 (picked up on Aug. 4)
Thank you to Zoey80, Sammy, and Twoheartsonelove!

This might sound lame, but I haven't been sleeping well since my husband picked up his passport...! As soon as my head hits the pillow, I start thinking about all the things I want to do with my husband and all the people I want him to (finally!) meet so I end up getting too excited and not being able to sleep...

Anyways, Zoey80, did you also get your PPR? If so, don't be surprised if your passport is ready in two weeks! Kingston is definitely working to make room for more PPRs!! ;D

Ninirae, thank you for the heads up about the SIN. That's actually very usual to know! And I will definitely tell my husband to not bother at the airport.

I will definitely post a landing story, even if it's not very exciting. We're going to buy the ticket tonight so his arrival will be set in concrete! For all those still waiting, I can't wait for when you're in the same boat!!! PPRs are just around the corner for many of you!!!!

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
MrsG said:
Thank you to Zoey80, Sammy, and Twoheartsonelove!

This might sound lame, but I haven't been sleeping well since my husband picked up his passport...! As soon as my head hits the pillow, I start thinking about all the things I want to do with my husband and all the people I want him to (finally!) meet so I end up getting too excited and not being able to sleep...

Anyways, Zoey80, did you also get your PPR? If so, don't be surprised if your passport is ready in two weeks! Kingston is definitely working to make room for more PPRs!! ;D

Ninirae, thank you for the heads up about the SIN. That's actually very usual to know! And I will definitely tell my husband to not bother at the airport.

I will definitely post a landing story, even if it's not very exciting. We're going to buy the ticket tonight so his arrival will be set in concrete! For all those still waiting, I can't wait for when you're in the same boat!!! PPRs are just around the corner for many of you!!!!

Y it sound silly.. Hunny I think I would be the same way.. Its called anxious...lol.... Yes we are waiting for landing story!

istheendnear

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
Doc's Request.
19-09-2014
File Transfer...
11-07-2013
Med's Request
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
19-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2014
LANDED..........
25-11-2014
Good morning all!

Kingston.. you have had two holidays out of the way now lets get things rolling again! We have some family here for their first visit here in Canada and our kids are bonding so well and were all excited to meet some of their Jamaica family! It sure makes things come into reality and hope grow stronger that all this paperwork finally come to an end soon.. or we hope and pray!

PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PLEASE!!!!!

Have a great day everyone and keep up the positive vibes and the great news!

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013