Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
steen said:
Hey Jamfam! Let's hope we get some ppr's this week! Come one Kingston!!

I was reading some of the landing stories and how everyone's spouses are adjusting to Canada life n it got me to realize that a lot of them have never been to Canada. So I was wondering how everyone here met there spouse? My hubby was a farm worker in Canada back n forth for about 10 years so I met him here. How did everyone else meet there spouses? :)
Hey there Steen!

I visit Jamaica multiple times a year to visit with my family and friends and one year my friends talked me into going into MoBay (we are bush people - lol) and I gave in. I met him on the hip strip mid afternoon. Very polite, very patient, and we became friends. It eventually blossomed into more and here we are. And you are correct. Hubby has NEVER left Jamaica at all

MrsG

May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 22 2013
File Transfer...
Apr. 30 2013
Med's Request
Meds Redo: Apr. 14 2014; PC Redo: Mar. 20 2014
Med's Done....
Jan. 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 15 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 28 2104 (picked up on Aug. 4)
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give a quick update: my husband picked up his passport today!! It was technically ready last week - long story short, they processed it within two weeks! So Nini, a BIG CONGRATS and get ready! You're going to get that passport back before you know it!

All in all, this process has only taken 17 months; exactly what we asked for (I wrote in the letter I sent with our application that we were willing to wait 17 months. Was that the trick? Lol). I checked ecas now that the passport has its new, shiny visa (I rarely checked ecas before this). It finally says "Decision Made."

Kingston is definitely working this summer - there will be plenty of happy reunions in the next few months!!!! ;D

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
MrsG said:
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give a quick update: my husband picked up his passport today!! It was technically ready last week - long story short, they processed it within two weeks! So Nini, a BIG CONGRATS and get ready! You're going to get that passport back before you know it!

All in all, this process has only taken 17 months; exactly what we asked for (I wrote in the letter I sent with our application that we were willing to wait 17 months. Was that the trick? Lol). I checked ecas now that the passport has its new, shiny visa (I rarely checked ecas before this). It finally says "Decision Made."

Kingston is definitely working this summer - there will be plenty of happy reunions in the next few months!!!! ;D

Congrats. Hun, can't wait to hear landing story.

Mrs. Parkin

Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN then POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 30, 2014
AOR Received.
December 9, 2013
File Transfer...
October 17, 2013
Med's Request
Extended
Med's Done....
September 3, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 1, 2014
Congrats MrsG!! that's awesome!! Keep em coming!

istheendnear

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
Doc's Request.
19-09-2014
File Transfer...
11-07-2013
Med's Request
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
19-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2014
LANDED..........
25-11-2014
steen said:

I was reading some of the landing stories and how everyone's spouses are adjusting to Canada life n it got me to realize that a lot of them have never been to Canada. So I was wondering how everyone here met there spouse? My hubby was a farm worker in Canada back n forth for about 10 years so I met him here. How did everyone else meet there spouses? :)

Happy Tuesday!

I also met my hubby on the farm work program! He was brand new to it when I by chance met him five years ago!

We are sitting here with some of his family from Jamaica braiding hair and showing them around and realizing how sad it is to not have the paperwork complete with the freedom of us to travel back and forth as a family:( We are making the best of the time with all the kids and praying they won't be so sad when they part~ our neice and nephew have bonded so well with our three children that they decided they wanted to stay in Canada with us 8), but will make the anticipation stronger for our trip back to meet again and meet more cousins!

sooo....

PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PLEASE KINGSTON!!!!

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
steen said:

I met my hubby on Facebook via Quad night club page and the question of the day was : What is the drink will you have after work today? So I commented : Magnum and Redbull. So him seh how come a white canadian lady knows that drink? Hes living in Kingston so not used to hang out with tourists. So he came talk to me in private and I explained to him that I always around JA so we chat for 2 months and he came see me in Mobay since I had a trip booked already. After we just fell in love and was traveling to Kingston instead of Mobay to go stay with him. Except when my daughter comes with me, we meet in Mobay. He never came in Canada yet and I think he will reach during the winter !! Poor baby ! lol

Jamwife

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 28,2013
File Transfer...
July 17, 2013
Med's Done....
Apr 2013
Passport Req..
September 26, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 16, 2014
LANDED..........
November 1, 2014
Good Morning Jamfam

Congrats Mrs. G hope to hear your landing story soon

Lovindahubby when r u off to see hubby? I am looking to book a trip soon.

And to follow up with the question... hubby n i were introduced by someone... we called each other and started talking. two months later i went to meet him and it was history since then.

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
Jamwife said:
Good Morning Jamfam

Congrats Mrs. G hope to hear your landing story soon

Lovindahubby when r u off to see hubby? I am looking to book a trip soon.

And to follow up with the question... hubby n i were introduced by someone... we called each other and started talking. two months later i went to meet him and it was history since then.
Hey mami, I'm leaving. In a week...lol I know I should have told you enuh, but I had to book it quick cause I wanna reach down for his bday..

MrsG

May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 22 2013
File Transfer...
Apr. 30 2013
Med's Request
Meds Redo: Apr. 14 2014; PC Redo: Mar. 20 2014
Med's Done....
Jan. 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 15 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 28 2104 (picked up on Aug. 4)
lovindahubby said:
Congrats. Hun, can't wait to hear landing story.
Thank you, lovindahubby, Mrs Parkin, and Jamwife! To be honest, I don't think our landing story will be very interesting - my husband has already lived in Canada before for several years so I don't think anyone will have tears when reading our landing story lol

Only a few more weeks left of the summer; I have a feeling there will be a flood of PPRs once we hit September!!!! ;D

Zoey80

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Congrats MrsG and Nini!!!!
This is awesome kingston is really working hard :D
I just got back from JA last night, hubby redid his medical and sent in the passport today so now its a watiting game....
I hope we see some more PPr's this week ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Does anyone know if the passports are sent to canada to get the visa or is everything done in JA?
Also, i wanted to go to the states with hubby when he gets here...does anyone know the process?

Z

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Zoey80 said:
Congrats MrsG and Nini!!!!
This is awesome kingston is really working hard :D
I just got back from JA last night, hubby redid his medical and sent in the passport today so now its a watiting game....
I hope we see some more PPr's this week ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Does anyone know if the passports are sent to canada to get the visa or is everything done in JA?
Also, i wanted to go to the states with hubby when he gets here...does anyone know the process?

Z
He will need to apply for a visitors visa and to be honest....I know many people who just got PR and were denied a visitors visa to the states. Reason being is that they just received their PR and the states sees it as a way to get into their country faster. They were all advised to wait about a year before they applied for it

I'm not saying he will or will not be denied but in my opinion he's better of waiting to apply for one

On another note...welcome back and hopefully they return the passport quickly. And btw the visa is added down in Kingston. They are not sent up here for it

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Happy Independence Day!!!!

Just a reminder that Kingston is closed today :(

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
sammystorm19 said:
Happy Independence Day!!!!

Just a reminder that Kingston is closed today :(
Yeh and they were also closed last Friday (Emancipation Day)...so its so quiet, and they r probably more slow. Hope they will speed up the process in September!

Zoey80

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Thanks Sammy!!!
I wanted to go visit some fam in the states, we might still try our luck.
Im glad the visa is added in Kingston....we should get it back much quicker i hope!

sammystorm19 said:
He will need to apply for a visitors visa and to be honest....I know many people who just got PR and were denied a visitors visa to the states. Reason being is that they just received their PR and the states sees it as a way to get into their country faster. They were all advised to wait about a year before they applied for it

I'm not saying he will or will not be denied but in my opinion he's better of waiting to apply for one

On another note...welcome back and hopefully they return the passport quickly. And btw the visa is added down in Kingston. They are not sent up here for it

Jamwife

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 28,2013
File Transfer...
July 17, 2013
Med's Done....
Apr 2013
Passport Req..
September 26, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 16, 2014
LANDED..........
November 1, 2014
lovindahubby said:
Hey mami, I'm leaving. In a week...lol I know I should have told you enuh, but I had to book it quick cause I wanna reach down for his bday..
No worries i am more thinking the last week in aug or the first week in sept.