Med's Done....
February or March(can't remember) Redo it Dec 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
05-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2014 (collected 25-02-2014)
Hey I have a question, what are things I need to do when I am carrying in my passport I want to carry it in tomorrow.....do i need a dhl package? because they didn't state in the call they just told carry in my passport as soon as possible.......do i need to carry a envelope with my information on the front? or i such walk with my passport alone? and can I drop off passport on a Thursday and what time?

CanJam

Oct 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January.23, 2013
AOR Received.
March.4, 2013 (KGN)
File Transfer...
February.18, 2013
Med's Request
Re-do Medical & PC ( April 7, 2014)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 13, 2014
LANDED..........
16 months total
Good morning JamFam

Congrats for the small 'victories' ( hearing from Kingston) to the big 'victories' getting the PPR... Kingston is on a roll ;)

Wifey_BT

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
29-05-2013
Med's Done....
01-04-2013
Passport Req..
24-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2014
LANDED..........
25-03-2014
Congrats to all getting PPR

frankfield

Sep 5, 2011
Sammy,

You do maintain great composure, exercise great patience. These are trying times, folks including myself will at times push your buttons.. don't loose faith, don't go, there are folks here who need your brand of support.. Take it easy.. All of us are humans with frailties and pain, try not to take anything to heart otherwise you loose your cool. Even the posting of good news can cause a great supporter to act up at times. Comparing notes about the process can also be offensive to someone still waiting when others declare there way was the best way. No two process are the same.. this is why i don't talk about process unless I am asked a specific question. Your application is perfect the way it was submitted.. all must go through their own special journey.

Mrs. Davis

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 05 2013
File Transfer...
05 07 2013
Med's Done....
02 2013
Congrats JFLW and Rockstone. So good to see movement in Kingston Can either of you share if you know what took so long, or is it just another " luck of the draw " so to speak. I agree we all have our own journey to follow. Just curious.

Mrs. Parkin

Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN then POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 30, 2014
AOR Received.
December 9, 2013
File Transfer...
October 17, 2013
Med's Request
Extended
Med's Done....
September 3, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 1, 2014
Hi everyone,

As I mentioned yesterday, I reached out to my MP and for those who are interested this is the response I got so far.

Good afternoon Ms. Parkin,
I am following up on your email regarding your application to sponsor your spouse for Canadian Permanent Residency.
As you may be aware of, the average processing times vary substantially from office to office from the shortest at 8 months in Havanna and Warsaw to the longest at 32 months in Islamabad. The present processing time stated for Kingston is 22 months.
Having said this I would be happy to follow up on the application if you can provide me with your husbands full name, his date of birth and the CIC client identification and/or application numbers.

I'm very please with this response as it shows that they are at least willing to check up on it for me. If it means all they will do is ask the status...I'll take whatever I can get! :)

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
Mrs. Parkin said:
Hi everyone,

As I mentioned yesterday, I reached out to my MP and for those who are interested this is the response I got so far.

I am following up on your email regarding your application to sponsor your spouse for Canadian Permanent Residency.
As you may be aware of, the average processing times vary substantially from office to office from the shortest at 8 months in Havanna and Warsaw to the longest at 32 months in Islamabad. The present processing time stated for Kingston is 22 months.
Having said this I would be happy to follow up on the application if you can provide me with your husbands full name, his date of birth and the CIC client identification and/or application numbers.

I'm very please with this response as it shows that they are at least willing to check up on it for me. If it means all they will do is ask the status...I'll take whatever I can get! :)
Hi Ms. Parkins.
The Mp you reached out to, how you go about searching for one? And its good you get a response so fast.

Aug 4, 2012
Spanish Town
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2012
Doc's Request.
11-25-13
AOR Received.
15-10-2012
File Transfer...
January 2013
Med's Request
11-25-13
Med's Done....
February or March(can't remember) Redo it Dec 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
05-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2014 (collected 25-02-2014)
Mrs. Davis said:
Congrats JFLW and Rockstone. So good to see movement in Kingston Can either of you share if you know what took so long, or is it just another " luck of the draw " so to speak. I agree we all have our own journey to follow. Just curious.
No idea what took so long but I am grateful and humble that they request my passport....just praying now that everyone else get their PPR too

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
January 3rd, 2014 - CPC-M & February 4th 2014 from KGN...POS AOR
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2014...and again in March 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Confirmed as approved on May 1/15, issued May 4, 2015
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
Mrs. Parkin said:
Hi everyone,

AMAZING!!! I'm considering doing so when my app reaches around 6months. =)

Mrs. Parkin

Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN then POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 30, 2014
AOR Received.
December 9, 2013
File Transfer...
October 17, 2013
Med's Request
Extended
Med's Done....
September 3, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 1, 2014
lovindahubby said:
Hi Ms. Parkins.
The Mp you reached out to, how you go about searching for one? And its good you get a response so fast.
Hi LDH, I just googled for MPs in my area and and found a website specific to her and clicked a tab that said 'contact her' and there was an email address so bam, that was it! Her Exec Assistant is the one who responded back to me. I wrote back with the information needed and asked if when they inquire could they ask about my RPRF payment and they responded just now (minutes later) with another email saying they will be placing an inquiry today and will also ask about the RPRF.

I'm totally impressed. Now I don't expect to hear much else anytime soon because the ball is in KGNs court and we all know how that gos :)

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
Mrs. Parkin said:
Hi everyone,

That's good you received a response Mrs. P; hoping that they follow through and assist as best they can.

Mrs. Davis

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 05 2013
File Transfer...
05 07 2013
Med's Done....
02 2013
JamaicafellinlovewithCan said:
No idea what took so long but I am grateful and humble that they request my passport....just praying now that everyone else get their PPR too
. Thanks! And again big Congrats! Gives us all hope

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
Mrs. Parkin said:
Hi LDH, I just googled for MPs in my area and and found a website specific to her and clicked a tab that said 'contact her' and there was an email address so bam, that was it! Her Exec Assistant is the one who responded back to me. I wrote back with the information needed and asked if when they inquire could they ask about my RPRF payment and they responded just now (minutes later) with another email saying they will be placing an inquiry today and will also ask about the RPRF.

I'm totally impressed. Now I don't expect to hear much else anytime soon because the ball is in KGNs court and we all know how that gos :)
Thanks Ms. Parkins... Atleast you will hear from them cause kingston won't reply back

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
January 3rd, 2014 - CPC-M & February 4th 2014 from KGN...POS AOR
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2014...and again in March 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Confirmed as approved on May 1/15, issued May 4, 2015
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
Okay.. I have a non-immigration related question for the population :)

Has anyone ever sent a barrel to Jamaica? I'm considering sending some stuff down for my grandmother, cousins and hubby but I don't know the process at all!!

Leshatesha

Star Member
Jul 14, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for all the information. My husband has booked an appoitnemtn for February 17. It now costs 11,400JA and he has to bring his passport