+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Jamnic said:
Isn't it great to share the same birthday with your husband? I love it!!
Sharing a birthday in the same month is beautiful he will miss my birthday but I hope he's here for his so we can celebrate in 1 shot.

josephine196901

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2013
Doc's Request.
01-04-2013
File Transfer...
05-05-2013
Med's Done....
04-07-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2014
Congrats Nev on your wonderful news! And to everyone else that is getting through. Even though I quietly sit in the background most of the time, I call my husband every time someone gets through and say.. One more got through, one more got through!

Lets get the rest of them through! :p

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
josephine196901 said:
Congrats Nev on your wonderful news! And to everyone else that is getting through. Even though I quietly sit in the background most of the time, I call my husband every time someone gets through and say.. One more got through, one more got through!

Lets get the rest of them through! :p
Thanks, josephine!!! :D

And yes, please Kingston, get more all of the people through!!!!

Was your mp able to get any information for you regarding your application?

tamarindball

Sep 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
I dont know what to say. You hv all bn in my thoughts and prayers and i share your emotions Nev i shared part of your journey and I cant express how very happy i am for you. It brings me tears typing this and i can just imagine how elated you ar Glad you hvnt lost ur m lol. So very happy for you and hubby. Congrats

I will remember this day for the rest of my life!!!!!

Hubby got the call from KG this morning at 11:45am requesting his passport!!!!!

Once I calm down I will be back with more details!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Jamnic said:
My husband has not received his passport back. I been emailing Kingston to provide status and they haven't replied :).

However Nevaeha I am so happy for you!! I am sure that we all feel the excitement and the happiness you are going through right now !! Congratulations!!!
ohhhh that sucks! Next week! I was just going thru the spreadsheet so i thought i would ask

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
tamarindball said:
I dont know what to say. You hv all bn in my thoughts and prayers and i share your emotions Nev i shared part of your journey and I cant express how very happy i am for you. It brings me tears typing this and i can just imagine how elated you ar Glad you hvnt lost ur m lol. So very happy for you and hubby. Congrats
tamarinball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-*

What a nice surprise to see your post!!!!! Thank you so much!

We are BEYOND elated and looking forward to moving on from the immigration process.

How are you and your hubby keeping?

Thanks for popping in. :D

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Halfmoon said:
PS
Chickie, I WILL be back soon - saved a whole lot of confetti for you too.
wow this is a blast from the past! Long time no see but glad you came back to cheer on Nev! Come back soon with that confetti for me! :p :p :p :p :p

tamarindball

Sep 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
Hey halfmoon fullmoon no. Blessings on your vacation and for Christmas. Happy things are well.

Halfmoon said:
Talk about rusty. ::)

It took me 5 tries to get the color, font, and everything else right.

Ciao bellas.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
tamarindball said:

Tamarind!!!! awesome to see you come back and shout out Nev!

ally89

Dec 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KIingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2 2015
Doc's Request.
September 8 2015 & February 25 2016
AOR Received.
April 7 2015
File Transfer...
Either May 29 2015 or June 25 2015
Med's Request
Nope
Med's Done....
June 11 2014
Interview........
Nope
Passport Req..
February 25 2016

Hey guys I'm new to the forum but I have been reading some of the post and have found them to be very helpful.

I have been a Canadian Citizen for a number of years now but was leaving in Jamaica. I came back to Canada in Oct 2013 and I want to sponsor my common-law spouse to come here. We were living together for the pass two years and I am now seven months pregnant.

I am in the process of filling out the applications (sooooo stressful and time consuming!!!) but I would like to know if I should wait until I have our child before I send in the application so that I can submit the baby's birth paper just to show that we have a child together or should I just submit them now (cuzzz I really dnt want to wait too long...cuz that means that it would take him longer to get here). This would be our first child. He applied for his TRV but was denied, we were hoping he would have been here for the birth. We could try again but I honestly feel it maybe a waste of time and we should just go ahead with his PR application.

I know he will need to do medical and police check but does his parents or any of his siblings (aged 12 and 14) have to do it as well, being that he will be the only one coming here rite now...I just a little confused here.

We dnt have much pictures together bcuz we lost most of them when my fone crashed...but we have a few..is 15-20 pictures sufficient, we have call history and sms history, joint bank account, lease agreements, western union remittance slips, Skype history, a few emails........well the car was in my name only so I guess that wont be necessary to include....letters from family and friends confirming our relationships. Are these sufficient??

And does anyone know a good immigration officer that can look over my application and guide me that wont charge me and arm and a leg within the North York area.

Plz help!!!!!!

cafelatte02

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/03/2013
Doc's Request.
09/17/2014, birth, marriage cert. and sched. A
AOR Received.
19/04/2013
File Transfer...
03/04/2013
Med's Done....
15/01/2013
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
29/09/2014!!!
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/2014
LANDED..........
PLEASE GOD MAKE HUBBY FLY WITH ME ON OCT19 - AND SO HE DID!
Wow so happy for you Neveaha, that's AWESOME!!!! We all know how hard it is, but your great positiveness for yourself and others plus your extraordinairy will power finally paid off!!!!!

Your hubby will soon be in your arms, Maybe for Christmas or New year? It gives me hope to have hubby with me sooner if possible but next holiday season for the latest because we filed our application in March 2013.

Like Flower said, we hope you'll visit your Jam FAM still, otherwise we'll miss you!

Keep up posted please.

Have a good week-end everyone and load your batteries Kingston, lots of holiday wishes to grant before Christmas! One over the moon person per day at least before new year would be perfect!!!

jahdes

Oct 9, 2013
KNG
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February-2012
File Transfer...
August 2012
Med's Request
June-2012
Med's Done....
July6 2012
Interview........
April 23 2013
Passport Req..
May 9 2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
OMG Congrats again NEV God is good ;) :D :-* he heard your cry he doesn't gives us more than what we can bare, wish you nutin but happiness and Joy. Big thanks to everyone for your support and those who feel like they want to critizise go ahead this forum don't need any sympathetic hyprocrtics I did admit I was wrong but there is always a reason to do things, Chickie you mentioned about a spread sheet for appeal am gonna check it out thanks for that. I will definetly keep everyone posted ok. Need more PPr calls for the other 2012 and more PPr returns. 2013 APPLICATIONS GEAR UP GUYS FOR THE RIDE I wish everyone good luck.Thanks again guys for your kind words thanks. :-* ;)

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Re: Newbie

ally89 said:
Hey guys I'm new to the forum but I have been reading some of the post and have found them to be very helpful.

I have been a Canadian Citizen for a number of years now but was leaving in Jamaica. I came back to Canada in Oct 2013 and I want to sponsor my common-law spouse to come here. We were living together for the pass two years and I am now seven months pregnant.

I am in the process of filling out the applications (sooooo stressful and time consuming!!!) but I would like to know if I should wait until I have our child before I send in the application so that I can submit the baby's birth paper just to show that we have a child together or should I just submit them now (cuzzz I really dnt want to wait too long...cuz that means that it would take him longer to get here). This would be our first child. He applied for his TRV but was denied, we were hoping he would have been here for the birth. We could try again but I honestly feel it maybe a waste of time and we should just go ahead with his PR application.

I know he will need to do medical and police check but does his parents or any of his siblings (aged 12 and 14) have to do it as well, being that he will be the only one coming here rite now...I just a little confused here.

We dnt have much pictures together bcuz we lost most of them when my fone crashed...but we have a few..is 15-20 pictures sufficient, we have call history and sms history, joint bank account, lease agreements, western union remittance slips, Skype history, a few emails........well the car was in my name only so I guess that wont be necessary to include....letters from family and friends confirming our relationships. Are these sufficient??

And does anyone know a good immigration officer that can look over my application and guide me that wont charge me and arm and a leg within the North York area.

Plz help!!!!!!
Welcome to the forum, ally89 -- we're glad you found us!!!!

To answer your questions:

- I would submit your application as soon as you can; you don't have to wait for the baby to be born
- very few people (only one that I know of) going through this process that applied for a TRV got one
- his parents and siblings do not need to do a medical; only him and any of his children (accompanying or non-accompanying)
- gather all of the proof you have to prove to the visa officer that your relationship is genuine. I don't recall anyone on the Kingston thread applying common law but anything you have with both of your names on it should be submitted
- many of us have completed our applications on our own without lawyers so if you have additional questions, please ask

Good luck and congratulations on your pregnancy!

tamarindball

Sep 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
Tx Chickie. U and Nev hv bn in my thoughts I am so excited for her. I know God's date for you is around the corner. He has good and prosperous plans for you. Keep ey for you and am happy the enemy didnt win. Prepare for better days ahead with hubby. I do envy you on ur Ja visit. Was hoping to go but no vacation time yet with new job. Anyway very best wishes with all plans. Chickie dem cant keep a good man down. Yr light at the end of the tunnel already shining thru . Wish everyone else lots of success on this banana boat. You will reap lots of rewards. Love and blessings to you all. Peace out

[/quote]
chickie72 said:
tamarindball said:

cafelatte02

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/03/2013
Doc's Request.
09/17/2014, birth, marriage cert. and sched. A
AOR Received.
19/04/2013
File Transfer...
03/04/2013
Med's Done....
15/01/2013
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
29/09/2014!!!
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/2014
LANDED..........
PLEASE GOD MAKE HUBBY FLY WITH ME ON OCT19 - AND SO HE DID!
jahdes said:
OMG Congrats again NEV God is good ;) :D :-* he heard your cry he doesn't gives us more than what we can bare, wish you nutin but happiness and Joy. Big thanks to everyone for your support and those who feel like they want to critizise go ahead this forum don't need any sympathetic hyprocrtics I did admit I was wrong but there is always a reason to do things, Chickie you mentioned about a spread sheet for appeal am gonna check it out thanks for that. I will definetly keep everyone posted ok. Need more PPr calls for the other 2012 and more PPr returns. 2013 APPLICATIONS GEAR UP GUYS FOR THE RIDE I wish everyone good luck.Thanks again guys for your kind words thanks. :-* ;)
Jahdes, hang in there girl. Nobody's perfect and people that feel the urge to judge or critizise can keep their message for theirselves. We are here to support each other, I believe that this process is hard enough so that we truly don't have to add on top of it.

You were honest and played fair. Pretty confident you will win your appeal. They can't keep two lawfully married people that love each other appart forever! Keep the faith and stay true. Blessings