Passport Req..
01-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2013
LANDED..........
12-27-2013 Happiest Day of my Life!!!
oneandonly said:
Hola, aww you have the same bday as my hubby I am the 11th
Isn't it great to share the same birthday with your husband? I love it!!

Jamnic

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2012
File Transfer...
31-08-2012
Med's Request
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
20-08-2013
Passport Req..
01-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2013
LANDED..........
12-27-2013 Happiest Day of my Life!!!
Jamnic said:
Isn't it great to share the same birthday with your husband? I love it!!
. I meant the same bday month. ....

carm_cnd

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
Doc's Request.
01-28-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2012
File Transfer...
03-11-2012
Med's Request
01-28-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2012
Interview........
passed no interview needed
Passport Req..
28-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
Nevaeha said:
Good evening Jam Fam!!!! :D

Thank you so much for your amazing posts, prayers, pm's, phone calls, and fb messages -- hubby and I are overwhelmed with the love.

Last night hubby phoned me and told me he was lonely and he that he was so tired of this process. I have never heard him sound so low and it broke my heart. We decided to have a Skype date and that made it even worse. My hubby was lying in bed curled up in the fetal position sobbing uncontrollably. It killed me to see him this way and there was nothing I could do to console him. He told me he had to hang up and that he would call me back. When he called me back he was still down but he was much calmer. We talked for a long time and had a good cry together, said good-bye and hung up.

Before I went to sleep I prayed to God and Nelson Mandela (seriously) and asked them to see us through the immigration process.

And just like that, my prayers were answered. Okay, it wasn't that easy, I have cried an ocean of tears, prayed, begged, kicked, yelled, and screamed my way through this process...

Here is how the call from my hubby went down this morning:

*ring*ring*ring*ring* (my call display indicates my hubby is calling)

Nev: 'Hi Pooky'
Mr Nev: 'Honey, we got it'
Nev: 'Got, what?'

Then Mr Nev goes into Patois and I started bawling like a baby...I don't even remember what he was saying and I told him to call me back. So he calls me back (about 100 times today!) and this is how I remember the conversation. His phone rang this morning and it was from a blocked number. It was a lady with a Jamaican accent and she asked if she was speaking with Mr Nev. She then told him his application would be finalized if he could fly to Canada before January 6. He said yes. She asked him this three times and each time he said yes. She told him he had to be in KG on Monday and to bring his passport and flight itinerary.

So today was a mad scramble because I had to cancel our trip to Sandals Whitehouse :'( , change my flight to JA that I booked for January, book my hubby's flight to Canada, and send him the itinerary. I also had to juggle work obligations to make everything happen for our December flight home - 'secret date' to be announced in our landing story. ;)

Hubby and I decided a long time ago that we weren't going to tell anyone when he was coming to Canada so it could be a BIG surprise! I did tell him that I would be sharing our wonderful news with the Jam Fam. And thank goodness I have all of you because I am terrible at keeping secrets of this magnitude!!!!!

And that, my dear friends, is the PPR story for Mr and Mrs Nev. :D

For those of you that know my story you may remember that my hubby's medical was extended for a year which is why KG asked if he could land by January 6 when it was going to expire AGAIN. You may also recall that I ordered our GCMS notes SEVERAL times and the statuses (excluding medical) were all NOT STARTED -- right up until the most recent ones that were printed on November 26. Our last due date was April 2013.

I sent an email to KG Tuesday morning, the day after I received the GCMS notes asking them for an update on our application and gently reminded them of their request for RPRF, police certificate re-do, and the pending medical extension expiration from February 2013. I didn't receive a response from KG so I will never know if it was coincidence that they requested my hubby's passport, if they always knew they were going to ask for it one month before hubby had to land, or if my email nudged them to go look for the application that was collecting dust since April 2013. And you know what, at this point, it doesn't even matter because my hubby is coming home.

I will always be thankful for this forum and the wonderful people I have met because of it. Nobody will ever know what we have gone through and we have a bond for life even if we go our separate ways. This has been one CrAzY long banana boat ride and I'm grateful that it's almost time for me to get off; however, you can count on me to be cheering for each of you through your journeys.

Thank you my Jam Fam, thank you for everything...
:-*

Awe Nev I just cried reading this. I am so happy for you :) I have been on a roller coaster the last few weeks I pray it's soon for us. But again so very happy for u

carm_cnd

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
Doc's Request.
01-28-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2012
File Transfer...
03-11-2012
Med's Request
01-28-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2012
Interview........
passed no interview needed
Passport Req..
28-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
Halfmoon said:
Halfmoon here ;D ;D

**Waves** @ the old and new!!!

I've never forgotten about the spirit of this forum and recall this being the season of magical reunions right here. Soooo I logged in and saw all sorts of purple and had to find out what the grand excitement was about.

So without further a due.... Congratulations to Mr and Mrs Nev!!! Take it all in, it's a wonderful feeling and once he's here, I promise the long journey will be a distant memory, why? Because there will be so many new one's to make!!!

Neveaha, this one's for you beautiful!

Doing it like how we did "back in the days" ------->

*****THROWS CONFETTI!!!******

It's been a busy year @ the Halfmoon home and we're doing awesome! We're getting ready for our first vacation in a few weeks and no, it won't be JA!! HAHA!! We're saving that for our anniversary next August!

PS
Chickie, I WILL be back soon - saved a whole lot of confetti for you too.
Wow halfmoon

I hope all is good :) happy u came around to say hi :)

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Flowers18 said:
Congratulations Nev very happy for and hubby, on a selfish note I hope you still come around the forum and give great advice ;) it is comforting reading yours and chickies posts

Awww, Flowers, you're too sweet. :D

I'll always be here for the forum family and if you ever need any advice and I'm not around just pm me.

Something I'd like to add: ALWAYS go with your gut instinct in this process, it will never lead you astray.

samll1

Star Member
Jun 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2012
File Transfer...
28-09-2012
Med's Request
21-08- 2012
Med's Done....
14-08- 2012
Interview........
none thank u lord
Passport Req..
16-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-12-2013
lovindahubby said:
Omg u sound so calm... I'm sorry bt this is sad.. Yes everyone case is different t when you hear things like this it bring tears to your eyes....so sorry to hear.. There's hope, so don't give up
I am so sorry to hear that.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Nevaeha said:
Good evening Jam Fam!!!! :D

Thank you so much for your amazing posts, prayers, pm's, phone calls, and fb messages -- hubby and I are overwhelmed with the love.

Last night hubby phoned me and told me he was lonely and he that he was so tired of this process. I have never heard him sound so low and it broke my heart. We decided to have a Skype date and that made it even worse. My hubby was lying in bed curled up in the fetal position sobbing uncontrollably. It killed me to see him this way and there was nothing I could do to console him. He told me he had to hang up and that he would call me back. When he called me back he was still down but he was much calmer. We talked for a long time and had a good cry together, said good-bye and hung up.

Before I went to sleep I prayed to God and Nelson Mandela (seriously) and asked them to see us through the immigration process.

And just like that, my prayers were answered. Okay, it wasn't that easy, I have cried an ocean of tears, prayed, begged, kicked, yelled, and screamed my way through this process...

Here is how the call from my hubby went down this morning:

*ring*ring*ring*ring* (my call display indicates my hubby is calling)

Nev: 'Hi Pooky'
Mr Nev: 'Honey, we got it'
Nev: 'Got, what?'

Then Mr Nev goes into Patois and I started bawling like a baby...I don't even remember what he was saying and I told him to call me back. So he calls me back (about 100 times today!) and this is how I remember the conversation. His phone rang this morning and it was from a blocked number. It was a lady with a Jamaican accent and she asked if she was speaking with Mr Nev. She then told him his application would be finalized if he could fly to Canada before January 6. He said yes. She asked him this three times and each time he said yes. She told him he had to be in KG on Monday and to bring his passport and flight itinerary.

So today was a mad scramble because I had to cancel our trip to Sandals Whitehouse :'( , change my flight to JA that I booked for January, book my hubby's flight to Canada, and send him the itinerary. I also had to juggle work obligations to make everything happen for our December flight home - 'secret date' to be announced in our landing story. ;)

Hubby and I decided a long time ago that we weren't going to tell anyone when he was coming to Canada so it could be a BIG surprise! I did tell him that I would be sharing our wonderful news with the Jam Fam. And thank goodness I have all of you because I am terrible at keeping secrets of this magnitude!!!!!

And that, my dear friends, is the PPR story for Mr and Mrs Nev. :D

For those of you that know my story you may remember that my hubby's medical was extended for a year which is why KG asked if he could land by January 6 when it was going to expire AGAIN. You may also recall that I ordered our GCMS notes SEVERAL times and the statuses (excluding medical) were all NOT STARTED -- right up until the most recent ones that were printed on November 26. Our last due date was April 2013.

I sent an email to KG Tuesday morning, the day after I received the GCMS notes asking them for an update on our application and gently reminded them of their request for RPRF, police certificate re-do, and the pending medical extension expiration from February 2013. I didn't receive a response from KG so I will never know if it was coincidence that they requested my hubby's passport, if they always knew they were going to ask for it one month before hubby had to land, or if my email nudged them to go look for the application that was collecting dust since April 2013. And you know what, at this point, it doesn't even matter because my hubby is coming home.

I will always be thankful for this forum and the wonderful people I have met because of it. Nobody will ever know what we have gone through and we have a bond for life even if we go our separate ways. This has been one CrAzY long banana boat ride and I'm grateful that it's almost time for me to get off; however, you can count on me to be cheering for each of you through your journeys.

Thank you my Jam Fam, thank you for everything...
:-*
Awwwwwwwwwwww............Nev. such a beautiful story, I had shivers reading it and feeling all of the emotion in it. Those crying SKYPE dates are draining, :'(, my poor hubs had to listen/watch many of mine, that is one of the reasons he is so happy we were approved - no more of those!! :D

I feel that Kingston finally moved because you nudged them "again", and they knew it would look bad to not have finished this file when they extended the medicals. I am sure you and hubby will be ready for things on or before Jan. 6th but it does not seem right that the VO is basing your window of landing time on their inefficiency!!! But bottom line, hubby is coming home to you......no wonder you were so busy today.

It comes fast and furious and glad you could coordinate/change everything for a "secret" sweet landing. Looking forward to that story as well ;).

Chickie & Daddy's Girl - get ready.......Kingston is finally hustling ........maybe not for the right reasons, but at least they are moving!! Blessings to all.

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
carm_cnd said:
Awe Nev I just cried reading this. I am so happy for you Smiley I have been on a roller coaster the last few weeks I pray it's soon for us. But again so very happy for u
carm, I know there is nothing I can say that will make you feel any better but you are going to get through this. I am living proof that when you least expect it, it's going to happen. One day your hubby is going to call you and say 'we got it' and you'll ask him, 'got what' ?!?!?!?! ;)

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
CdnandTrini said:
Awwwwwwwwwwww............Nev. such a beautiful story, I had shivers reading it and feeling all of the emotion in it. Those crying SKYPE dates are draining, :'(, my poor hubs had to listen/watch many of mine, that is one of the reasons he is so happy we were approved - no more of those!! :D

I feel that Kingston finally moved because you nudged them "again", and they knew it would look bad to not have finished this file when they extended the medicals. I am sure you and hubby will be ready for things on or before Jan. 6th but it does not seem right that the VO is basing your window of landing time on their inefficiency!!! But bottom line, hubby is coming home to you......no wonder you were so busy today.

It comes fast and furious and glad you could coordinate/change everything for a "secret" sweet landing. Looking forward to that story as well ;).

Chickie & Daddy's Girl - get ready.......Kingston is finally hustling ........maybe not for the right reasons, but at least they are moving!! Blessings to all.
Thank YOU, C&T for EVERYTHING!!!! :-*

You are an amazing soul and the KG thread became a better place the day you arrived. xo

I am so happy that you and your hubby will be landing soon; I can't wait to read your story!!!!
:D

CanJam

Oct 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January.23, 2013
AOR Received.
March.4, 2013 (KGN)
File Transfer...
February.18, 2013
Med's Request
Re-do Medical & PC ( April 7, 2014)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 13, 2014
LANDED..........
16 months total
Nevaeha said:
PPR!!!!!

I will remember this day for the rest of my life!!!!!

Hubby got the call from KG this morning at 11:45am requesting his passport!!!!!

Once I calm down I will be back with more details!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!... Thanks for being such a 'cheerleader for everyone'

alyssaanthony

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
Brampton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2013
Congrats Nev! This is amazing news for you and your husband! ;D

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
CanJam said:
Congratulations!!!... Thanks for being such a 'cheerleader for everyone'
Thanks, CanJam!!!! It has and will continue to be my pleasure to cheer for team Jam Fam!!!! :D

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
alyssaanthony said:
Congrats Nev! This is amazing news for you and your husband! ;D
Thanks alyssaanthony, hubby and I agree with you 100%!!!! ;)

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
patzy said:
hi i am new to forum i really need some help. i have two kids and i want to sponsor my husband do i have to show a working history of twelve months to start the process
Welcome to the Jam Fam, patzy!!!! :D

Good luck organizing your application and gathering all of the proof! It is such a wonderful feeling when you send the package to Mississauga!!!!

If you have any further questions, we'll be happy to help you!!!!

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Ninirae said:
You have to show that you are working at the time of sponsorship and include an 'Option C' printout from your income tax last year.

If you do not have an Option C, you can request one from CRA.

If you were on public assistant (not disability or EI), you must include any stubs from the previous 12 months when you were on assistance. And CIC KNOWS, so you can't lie.

AND WELCOME!!!

Ask any questions you like. We are in a bit of a hoop-lah today over an old member getting PPR, so it's a GOOD DAY!!!
:-X

Someone who has been in the process for a long period of time...

:p ;)