02-05-2013
Passport Req..
10-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2013
LANDED..........
27-05-2013
Halfmoon said:
I'm finally off!!! He's taking off!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Up up and away... Here comes Mr Moon!!!

tamarindball

Sep 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
Halfmoon I have read all your postings and they are all very amazing. I am so very thrilled for you. I can stay where I am and hear your heartbeat. Easy nuh! By the time youre finished we will have to import some butterflies as none will be left!!! Your immigration story is so real. Tx for sharing. And all those discounts you got. It's your time girl. You surely have some guardian angels looking over you. All thanks to the one above as it could only be Him. Just make sure hubby is very warm but don't let him fry or sizzle from all that stored up heat!!!! I have been trying to catch up as it's my hubby's birthday today so we started the Valentine Day from today (lol) and I even got my gift already!

Just wanted to give everyone an update.

Hubbie is safe and sound at the airport. He's so amazed with the liquor store inside. When walking in, he said "Bombaaaclot" LOLOL. He said he'd love for his bar to stocked up like that. He's now waiting by the gate and will board in 20 mins. He's asking so many questions, just like a child seeing something for the first time.

Sooooo, I'm now on the phone with him until it's time for take off.

He say's hello to everyone as I told him we're having a party on the forum. I told him how everyone here is cheering us on and we're grateful for that. He's never been on the forum but I am constantly tell him about our fun.

We're now reminiscing about our journey and where we started. Talking about the hardships and the humble beginnings we've endured in BOTH our lives. I too came to Canada as an immigrant at the age of 4. Lived in a refugee camp for one year in Hong Kong with my parents when I was 3. Escaped a country stricken by one of the most deadliest wars in history when I was born. The Vietnam war. Travelled by sea, not knowing if we would die or make it alive to this great nation of Canada. So I understand the road of poverty, hardship, prejudice, discrimination and English as a second language. I understand what it means to start with nothing. These were our commonalities we spoke of in our immigration letter. These were our commonalities making us the perfect partners in life.

I love my husband with all of my soul and want the very best for him just as a person. Besides our relationship, he deserves every ounce of this amazing opportunity because he is a good honest man. He loves life, he's a hard working man for our family and his thirst for a better life to take care of us is now about to begin.

As I'm typing this, he keeps wispering on the other end "I just want to be with you and we will be together forever. Nothing can keep us apart now."

To be continued.......

Big Love.
[/quote]

tamarindball

Sep 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
[Wow. See you in about 4.5 hours at the airport!!!

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012 - Kingston In Process
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
Ladies and Millsu...will be back shortly to take questions and comments. Gotta get these darn dishes washed!!!

You know how JA men. Anal about cleanliness!!!!!

Be back. Don't go nowhere.

tamarindball

Sep 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
Oh thank you CeeAllen. We had a great day and no doubt tomorrow will be even greater!!!

tamarindball

Sep 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
Not mine at all. I wouldn't complain at all if he was a neat freak as I can be neat even though not a freak

ceeallen said:
I know all abt that! Mines is a neat freak....

Cleanliness is next to godliness

samll1

Star Member
Jun 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2012
File Transfer...
28-09-2012
Med's Request
21-08- 2012
Med's Done....
14-08- 2012
Interview........
none thank u lord
Passport Req..
16-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-12-2013
Halfmoon said:
Good Afternoon Everyone.

Sorry I've been MIA since morning but I just got back from my shopping excursion and was just sitting here in my office wiping away some tears.....

I wanted to share my story with each you of what happened to me today.

Does anyone here believe in angels? I mean real angels, who just out of nowhere walks into your life for just that moment in time carrying out a very specific mission. Well I do.....I've met about 3 in the last year whom I would put all my church money and declare "That's an angel"

OK, here goes.......

I went to Hudson's Bay this am to look for a winter coat for hubbie as I've been putting it off for weeks now. Thinking in my head, I thought I had $400 dollars in my wallet, I had also planned to get some other items such as underwear, shirts, socks, hat, scarf, house slippers, etc. So I was good to go.

While I was perusing the coat rack, this little old man came up to me and asked me if I needed help. I said, well sure, are these coats on sale? He said, well it depends, I'd have to check for you. So I found this really handsome wool coat and which I was set on. Price tag, $250. Walked over to the cash counter and he checked the price; $99. I couldn't believe it. That was my bargain for the month!! I'm thinking, I'm a winner!!! :D :D :D

So then after, I said to the man, I'd also like to get a few more things so I will be back. Long story short, I came back with at least another $300 worth of things. I was feeling good because I found some great buys and just knew hubbie would love the picks. :D (my proud smile)

Ok here is when the miracles started pouring out (litterally one by one).....

The old man said, you're a really good shopper young lady. I said, well thank you. He started to ring everything up and we talked about travelling and seeing the world and then came on to the topic of why I was purchasing all these male clothing items. Here comes my smile again.... :D. Well, I said, my husband is coming home to Canada for the first time ever and we were blessed because it happens to be on Valentine's day. The old man behind his lowered eye glasses smiled. He just had this twinkle in his eyes and so joyful to be serving me. I mean he ran 5 customes away saying "Please go use the other cash as we will be awhile". All these customers had these confused annoyed expressions on their faces each time he sent them away because I was the only one in line.

So one by one, he rang in the items. Total came to just a little over $400 so I figured I'd pay the difference with my debit card seeing how I "thought" I had $400 in my wallet. I looked in my wallet and almost fainted because there was only $200. Then I realized that I never took out the other $200 from my underwear drawer at home. No worries, I'm thinking I'll just pay the difference on credit.

Then suddenly, just as how he rang in the items one by one, he starting discounting the bill one by one. While doing this, he would say, Oh don't you see a little stain right there on the coat, boom another 15% taken off. (BTW...there wasn't a stain. He was making it all up!!) Oh my, no price tag on the Ralph Lauren knit hat? Well I know this goes for $75 but I mean since it's the last one, $15. Boom another discount. He got my bill to $227. I stood there in awe. Was this for real? Then he put the cherry on top. He voided 2 more items and got my bill to $197!!!

I said, why? He smiled gently and said, well why not? Still stunned and with tears ready to roll down my face, I asked him, do you work here everyday? He responded, well no, I'm retired, I just come in part time. I said, won't this get you in trouble? He said, well that's not for you to worry about, I will make it up. Happy Valentine's day young lady, your husband will look mighty handsome in his coat. Before walking away, I said to him, I hope you know I know that you're an angel.

And with that, the eyes behind the lowered eye glasses twinkled as it had been in the entire 30mins I was with him at the cash counter. The little old man stood there with the same gentle smile as I walked away.

There are just some things in life we can't question but know without a doubt is God's work.
I also believe that he was also an angel.God is so amazing. He never fails us

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
SEPTEMBER 5, 2012 (Children's Meds)
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
MAY 8TH 2013 passed arc in process
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
now you know this is a all night party up in here halfmoon will be a fullmoon at the stroke of midnight and a half lol so we gotta stay up we get to get the coffee out, those of us we cant be there with their loves ones tomorrow valentines day, when you get back home make sure every day is valentines day for yourll now am going and get my coffee to stay up to see the fullmoon.lol :D :D :D :D :D :D

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Halfmoon said:
I have tears. He just got seated. I checked him in the emergency seat to have more leg room.
The stuartist just briefed him on the procedures.

He's saying, the inside looks so simple but it's nice. Now he's saying he's taking out his pen to get it ready. LOL

PS
My hubbie is a very curious man. Try watching a movie with him, he asks a million questions.

oh i guess goosebumps with every update.....this is exciting lol

My hubby is the same, always learning and constantly asking questions about everything....drives me crazy watching movies with him cause i am trying to hear and he is asking me things lol

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
tamarindball said:
[Wow. See you in about 4.5 hours at the airport!!!
Happy Birthday girl!!!!!!

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
K am back!!!

Happy Birthday to Mr. Tammyball!!! Have a wonderful early Valentine's celebration.

I'm so happy to have some of you here this evening. This is amazing and exciting to share updates with you simply because I know you will be going through the same emotions I am and what better than to do it with friends who understand!!!

Thank you everyone for spending your night here with me. I was a nervous wreck today. :-\

I got my tea ready.

Soo right now, a sweet friend sent me some screen shots of where hubbie is. He just flew past Miami, Florida!!!

He is over the US of A!!!!!!

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Halfmoon said:
K am back!!!

Happy Birthday to Mr. Tammyball!!! Have a wonderful early Valentine's celebration.

I'm so happy to have some of you here this evening. This is amazing and exciting to share updates with you simply because I know you will be going through the same emotions I am and what better than to do it with friends who understand!!!

Thank you everyone for spending your night here with me. I was a nervous wreck today. :-\

I got my tea ready.

Soo right now, a sweet friend sent me some screen shots of where hubbie is. He just flew past Miami, Florida!!!

He is over the US of A!!!!!!

woohoo......almost here just a few more states to go over......! Congrats on hubby coming home.....sorry I can't stay up with you for the journey.....tomorrow is another long day for me, did 11 hours at work today tomorrow will be the same so I am off to my bed......can't wait to read your landing story when you come up for air! Blessings and welcome to Canada Mr Halfmoon!

Happy Landings and Happy Valentines to everyone!

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
I came on just to see how you were Halfmoon! I know u must be overly excited! Congrats again! Countdown is on!

jamaicalove

Dec 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 12, 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012, Re-done Nov 2013
Passport Req..
26-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-05-2014
LANDED..........
30-06-214
Halfmoon, very excited for you! I don't know that i would be able to sit still long enough to write updates on here if i were in your does right now. I would probably be at the airport doing laps, lol. Have an amazing first sight of your husband in Canada tonight.... Actually have a first everything with him here in Canada :)

I don't normally say anything on the forum.... Mostly because i can't keep up with all the chats :) but i do love all the support here and picking up all the bits of info everyone shares.

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
chickie72 said:
woohoo......almost here just a few more states to go over......! Congrats on hubby coming home.....sorry I can't stay up with you for the journey.....tomorrow is another long day for me, did 11 hours at work today tomorrow will be the same so I am off to my bed......can't wait to read your landing story when you come up for air! Blessings and welcome to Canada Mr Halfmoon!

Happy Landings and Happy Valentines to everyone!
You're such a sweetheart! I know early birdie. Get your beauty rest and I hope cupid puts a big arrow in your VO's butt tomorrow!!!

Gnite!!