None
Passport Req..
2012/11/26
VISA ISSUED...
2012/12/11
LANDED..........
2012/12/18
Halfmoon said:
OK so I promised one of my Capricorn friends here in our forum that I would do several news flashes leading up to hubbies departure. ;)

Sooooo, where do I start.

Hubbie's passport was picked up by DHL at the High Commission yesterday however I had quite the runaround with them!!! DHL told me shipments only leave Kingston via Mobay on Tuesday's and Thursday's overnight which means it essentially would get to Mobay on Wednesday BUT guess what? Wednesday is a JA holiday which means DHL would be closed and the earliest opportunity to pick up the visa would be Thursday. Sooo, you might all be saying, that should be great Halfmoon or Moonie, what's the big deal?

Well here was my dilemma....wait for this...

The big deal was, over the weekend (this past one) I got besides myself and not knowing when the passport would actually be mailed I jump started and booked a flight. Yeh you got it, a Wednesday flight. Whaaaat? ??? I trusted my instinct when I saw it because it REALLY did have his name all over it and PLUS it costed less than $300 bucks taxes in!!! :D Y'all already know about me and my no paying full price self!! Call me Bargain Queen if you may. Sooooo I took a gamble and booked hubbie's ticket for Wednesday!!! (The JA holiday!!) :-X

So I was on the phone with DHL multiple times yesterday and of course with God's favor, they told me his parcel will go out on a special overnight shipment to Mobay. I called them every hour on the hour yesterday to make sure everyone gave me the same info. This am, the tracker still didn't indicate it being received in Mobay but I have one of those amazing husbands who just trusts everything I say, doesn't question and just does as I ask when it comes to these kind of things!!

Ok ok, 8:30 this am, he walks in the DHL and they tell him there isn't any parcel there. (I was on the phone with him the whole time) I was like no worries Papa. It's there in the back somewhere. (sweat starts rolling down my forehead). :-\ :-\

Moments pass and the DHL front desk lady comes back and says, it's in the truck and we'll have it here in 10 mins. (The biggest exhale must have been released in that moment because he asked if I had turned on the water tap). :-X

15 mins later after he leaves to go check in a hotel for the evening and returns back to DHL.

He went silent for like ummmm 2 mins (felt like 10).....I thought the call got disconnected. In a small shakey voice, he says "baby, they sent back everything.............

In my head (I'm like what do you mean they sent back everything!!)

.....and I have the Confirmation of Permanent Resident in my hands and stamp in my passport"

So to all my dear friends here who have inquiring (fass) minds like I do, ;D he will be home after the stroke of midnight tomorrow making it officially Valentine's Day. God is So Awesome!!!

♥♥♥♥!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awwwwwwwwwwwwww......i know that silence in the voice..and they they sent back everything.....i had to ask if the visa was inside before it could even come out of it mouth LOL!!!!!!!!!!

HURRAY HALFMOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I SEE A FULLMOON AHEAD IN THE WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Good morning I'm dying to get on that plane to go see Mr oneandonly. Yesterday was a rough day for him he came home to find his sis on the ground non responsive. He took her to the hospital thank goodness she will be okay she has allergic reaction that is serious a epiepen is necessary.

tamarindball

Sep 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
Hey. Glad your hubby's sis is ok. That was a scare. Hope you get to see him early. Dont worry things will work in your favour.

oneandonly said:
Good morning I'm dying to get on that plane to go see Mr oneandonly. Yesterday was a rough day for him he came home to find his sis on the ground non responsive. He took her to the hospital thank goodness she will be okay she has allergic reaction that is serious a epiepen is necessary.
lonelycanadianwifey said:

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012 - Kingston In Process
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
tamarindball said:
OMG. You should write a book! Best news of the year! Speaking of acting out in faith. God's favour was surely in your corner. That's so very amazing. So thrilled and it's not me. I know the feeling though. I don't even want to ask you what you must be feeling right now. When my hubby was coming to Ja. almost 5 years ago, he called from Pearson and told me changed his mind and couldn't see himself relocating to Jamaica and so he went back home. I was like, "what!!!" I almost fell off my chair but I think he heard my heartbeat so he quickly told me he was joking and was about boarding the plane. That was some scare! Even when I went to the airport I was nervous as I just had to wait till I saw him in living colour - as they say seeing is believing! Not many persons would leave a first world to live in a third world country although we're now back in his first world country but that was a moment I will never forget. He had that feeling when I was coming here too even though I didn't scare him but it was a big decision too and I remembered texting in while the plane was soaring in the clouds and I was surprised the text actually went through and I still have it on the phone. So that to say, enjoy every moment. It's well worth the wait.
Thank you Tammyball!!! My story was a bit lengthy but I couldn't leave out any details!!! :D

Hmmmmm

Faith....faith is one of those things I live and breath by. It definitely is something that increases with practice. Believing what's yours before seeing it.

Tammyball, are you in Canada right now?

longdistanceloves

Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 18, 2012
AOR Received.
January 24, 2013
Passport Req..
January 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
February 21, 2014
LANDED..........
February 23, 2014
Halfmoon said:
OK so I promised one of my Capricorn friends here in our forum that I would do several news flashes leading up to hubbies departure. ;)

Sooooo, where do I start.

Hubbie's passport was picked up by DHL at the High Commission yesterday however I had quite the runaround with them!!! DHL told me shipments only leave Kingston via Mobay on Tuesday's and Thursday's overnight which means it essentially would get to Mobay on Wednesday BUT guess what? Wednesday is a JA holiday which means DHL would be closed and the earliest opportunity to pick up the visa would be Thursday. Sooo, you might all be saying, that should be great Halfmoon or Moonie, what's the big deal?

Well here was my dilemma....wait for this...

The big deal was, over the weekend (this past one) I got besides myself and not knowing when the passport would actually be mailed I jump started and booked a flight. Yeh you got it, a Wednesday flight. Whaaaat? ??? I trusted my instinct when I saw it because it REALLY did have his name all over it and PLUS it costed less than $300 bucks taxes in!!! :D Y'all already know about me and my no paying full price self!! Call me Bargain Queen if you may. Sooooo I took a gamble and booked hubbie's ticket for Wednesday!!! (The JA holiday!!) :-X

So I was on the phone with DHL multiple times yesterday and of course with God's favor, they told me his parcel will go out on a special overnight shipment to Mobay. I called them every hour on the hour yesterday to make sure everyone gave me the same info. This am, the tracker still didn't indicate it being received in Mobay but I have one of those amazing husbands who just trusts everything I say, doesn't question and just does as I ask when it comes to these kind of things!!

Ok ok, 8:30 this am, he walks in the DHL and they tell him there isn't any parcel there. (I was on the phone with him the whole time) I was like no worries Papa. It's there in the back somewhere. (sweat starts rolling down my forehead). :-\ :-\

Moments pass and the DHL front desk lady comes back and says, it's in the truck and we'll have it here in 10 mins. (The biggest exhale must have been released in that moment because he asked if I had turned on the water tap). :-X

15 mins later after he leaves to go check in a hotel for the evening and returns back to DHL.

He went silent for like ummmm 2 mins (felt like 10).....I thought the call got disconnected. In a small shakey voice, he says "baby, they sent back everything.............

In my head (I'm like what do you mean they sent back everything!!)

.....and I have the Confirmation of Permanent Resident in my hands and stamp in my passport"

So to all my dear friends here who have inquiring (fass) minds like I do, ;D he will be home after the stroke of midnight tomorrow making it officially Valentine's Day. God is So Awesome!!!
First of all Happy anniversary Cee!!! Congrats on two years of marriage. You willl be together soon! I am hoping for you!!

Halfmoon, this story did actually give me goose bumps. That is so amazing. Thanks for keepin gus in the loop. and I am so happy for you that all your dreams are coming true. You and hubby sound like the perfect match. ahhhhh true love.

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
blondie1216 said:
I know you were sweating bullets for that passport! LOL! I was the same way! Hubby got his passport 1 minute before he checked in his flight lol.

Great news! Your journey is over!!!!! Let the countdown begin to happily ever after!!! I hope you are off the following day! ;) It would only be right!
Let's say I won't be returning to work until next Tuesday!!!

Thank you Blondie!!

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Here I go bawling again in my office......I am so happy things worked out for you and hubby has a shiny new stamp in his passport, Happy early Valentine's day my Capricorn friend ;) Your hubby must be on pins and needles knowing he is going to be in Canada tomorrow........Has he ever been in a plane before?

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
ready_fi_move_on said:
wow that's wonderful .....God is working miracles up in here
keep the faith alive Kingston Forum Great things are coming for 2013
whoooo 2013 sell off

hugz go out my girl chickie where are you babes miss ya good vibez
Yeh where is Chickie?? I bet she's researching some more!!! LOL

I am so grateful and don't take these things for granted.

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
Anada said:
♥♥♥♥!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awwwwwwwwwwwwww......i know that silence in the voice..and they they sent back everything.....i had to ask if the visa was inside before it could even come out of it mouth LOL!!!!!!!!!!

HURRAY HALFMOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I SEE A FULLMOON AHEAD IN THE WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Anada!!!! I was like Papa, are you sure the visa is inside??

I mean he couldn't check fast enough. I made him read the COPR like 3 times to me and each time I'm like "Papa, I can't hear you!!!"

Guess cuz his voice was still shakey. Poor thing. LOL

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
chickie72 said:
Here I go bawling again in my office......I am so happy things worked out for you and hubby has a shiny new stamp in his passport, Happy early Valentine's day my Capricorn friend ;) Your hubby must be on pins and needles knowing he is going to be in Canada tomorrow........Has he ever been in a plane before?

NEVERRRRRRRR!!!

PS
What did I say about bawling? LOL

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
ready_fi_move_on said:
wow that's wonderful .....God is working miracles up in here
keep the faith alive Kingston Forum Great things are coming for 2013
whoooo 2013 sell off

hugz go out my girl chickie where are you babes miss ya good vibez

I am here my girl.....trying to get some actual work done since that is what I get paid for lol but I had to come check on Moonie's progress to see how things were going for her. She is normally our cheering squad so now we have to be her's.
How are things with you? I am so excited!

tamarindball

Sep 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
Tammyball lol. I love that name. Yes I am very much in your country (GTA) and my hubby's. Been here officially since last June but been coming since 2004!

Halfmoon said:
Thank you Tammyball!!! My story was a bit lengthy but I couldn't leave out any details!!! :D

Hmmmmm

Faith....faith is one of those things I live and breath by. It definitely is something that increases with practice. Believing what's yours before seeing it.

Tammyball, are you in Canada right now?
lonelycanadianwifey said:

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
longdistanceloves said:
First of all Happy anniversary Cee!!! Congrats on two years of marriage. You willl be together soon! I am hoping for you!!

Halfmoon, this story did actually give me goose bumps. That is so amazing. Thanks for keepin gus in the loop. and I am so happy for you that all your dreams are coming true. You and hubby sound like the perfect match. ahhhhh true love.
:eek: :eek:

Did it really? Awww.....

and

I love being in the loop with y'alls updates so I want to share as much as possible. It's quite entertaining actually.

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
tamarindball said:
Tammyball lol. I love that name. Yes I am very much in your country (GTA) and my hubby's. Been here officially since last June but been coming since 2004!
Nice!!! We from the same hood then!!

LOL

So why are you in the immigration process again?

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
chickie72 said:
but I had to come check on Moonie's progress to see how things were going for her. She is normally our cheering squad so now we have to be her's.

**blush blush**

tink q!!! - heeheehee