+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

Jay_jay02

Star Member
Apr 3, 2019
Hi! A new oldie here. Was part of the original thread for Kingston back in 2016/17 when I sponsored my husband. I just wanted to jump in to share a bit of a success story as I couldn't find much advice/similar situations for us sponsoring my step-daughter.

She was included as a non-accompanying dependent on my husbands application. In 2019, my husband applied for a visitor visa for her and it was granted. She came to visit us that summer, the intention was for her to stay 2-months. Her mother had other ideas, and basically said for us to keep her so she could travel to the US on a work visa. We decided to file for her PR, and had it submitted in October of 2019. Thankfully the school district we are in are quite lenient, so we were able to get her into school without them considering her an international student. The application was processed quite fast. But then when we got the DNA request, it was right when COVID hit hard, so we had to postpone and get an extension to submit the results. In November 2020 we got the results back, and the devastating news that my husband is not her biological father. We immediately consulted with a lawyer, who suggested we contact KVO ASAP with time to compile evidence and request our family sponsorship app be switched to a humanitarian + compassionate app. They never responded. We gather letters from everyone we knew, pictures, financial details showing how much money my husband has paid since day-1 and how little the mother has provided even since moving to America. We submitted everything in February of 2021 and still heard nothing. Then in August 2021 we finally received a direct email from KVO that the application was approved and sent to our local office for finalization. Just yesterday we FINALLY got instructed to upload a picture to the PR Portal. Just wanted to share, as sadly I know this is more common than not in Jamaica where men are just "jackets". I think our situation was a bit different in that she literally had nobody to go back to in Jamaica, but I think this is a huge win knowing how strict IRCC is when it comes to paternity and DNA - especially for applicants from Jamaica.
I'm glad you and your husband still fight to get her to Canada regardless of that devastating news. God bless you and the family. I truly respect both of you for continuing the filing.

Reactions: Kaya18

ludabrown

Apr 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
File Transfer...
06-07-2017
Med's Request
30-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
Interview........
06-03-2018
Passport Req..
06-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2018
Hey Guys,

just an update, all 4 children sponsorship was approved and Passports received from KVO just in time our trip. My husband and I took a trip to Jamaica and picked up the children they landed Nov 4th. we had to quarantine for 14days since we weren't vaccinated. all and all the kids are doing fine they have all been registered for school with the language assessment schedule tomorrow Nov 18 and they will all start school Nov 22.

ludabrown

Apr 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
File Transfer...
06-07-2017
Med's Request
30-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
Interview........
06-03-2018
Passport Req..
06-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2018
Hey all,

what happens after the Nov 30 for those who are unvaccinated. Will I be able to fly down to get my dependent? This who procedure is a mess
Well if you are unvaccinated you will not be allowed to board any commercial plane or train in Canada. The only work around is to Drive to USA then fly to Jamaica. then Fly straight back to Canada.

the rules only apply to travelers leaving Canada however unvaccinated travelers can return to Canada however will have to test (3times, 1 to board the flight, 2 when you arrive, 3 8days after arrival) and quarantine.

for Unvaccinated travelers returning you will have to quarantine for 14days along with the Child. if you do get fully vaccinated then no quarantine for you or the child.

As for Covid-19 testing you can do Antigen test which range from $30-$75 to leave Canada (accepted by USA and Jamaica) To Return to Canada you need PCR or LAMP test would recommend purchasing the travel home Lamp KIT $149 Prior to traveling you di it yourself 3days before returning with a canadian nurse Via Video call through switch health. There is also 2 clinics in Jamaica currently offering discounted PCR testing for Canadians for $75 (one in Kingston one in Montego Bay) all other clinics in Jamaica charge $200USD - $250USD for a PCR test.

I recently travelled returned Nov 4th wasn't has bad as it sounds and the confirmation of PR went quite smoothly at terminal 1 no complaints there. as long as you prepare all travel requirements Proof of negative test results and Travel authorization then its a smooth process.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Our medical is set to expire Nov 20th background still in process…will they ask us to do another medical exam?
Possibly but not necessarily. Sometimes IRCC officer will ask the repsonsible med officer to extend the validity of the previous medical approval. This seems to happen most often when the file is close-to-approval stage; you wouldn't know unitl you get passport request without additional medical exam request (or order gcms notes).

I'd assume there are other factors like the country of origin/residence and how much IRCC/govt is worried about eg some transmissible diseases (esp tuberculosis). Not much you can do about that.

So my advice: wait, and if you want, order gcms notes. Neither of those are going to change what ircc does, and given cost and hassle of medicals, not worth doing 'on spec.'

Waiting101

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Well if you are unvaccinated you will not be allowed to board any commercial plane or train in Canada. The only work around is to Drive to USA then fly to Jamaica. then Fly straight back to Canada.

the rules only apply to travelers leaving Canada however unvaccinated travelers can return to Canada however will have to test (3times, 1 to board the flight, 2 when you arrive, 3 8days after arrival) and quarantine.

for Unvaccinated travelers returning you will have to quarantine for 14days along with the Child. if you do get fully vaccinated then no quarantine for you or the child.

As for Covid-19 testing you can do Antigen test which range from $30-$75 to leave Canada (accepted by USA and Jamaica) To Return to Canada you need PCR or LAMP test would recommend purchasing the travel home Lamp KIT $149 Prior to traveling you di it yourself 3days before returning with a canadian nurse Via Video call through switch health. There is also 2 clinics in Jamaica currently offering discounted PCR testing for Canadians for $75 (one in Kingston one in Montego Bay) all other clinics in Jamaica charge $200USD - $250USD for a PCR test.

I recently travelled returned Nov 4th wasn't has bad as it sounds and the confirmation of PR went quite smoothly at terminal 1 no complaints there. as long as you prepare all travel requirements Proof of negative test results and Travel authorization then its a smooth process.
Thank you. I hope this changes because going to the states will be costly.

Geraldi78

Aug 1, 2021
So I’ve been reading some previous posts, please correct me if I’m wrong. I can send directly to the Embassy correct? And skip right over VAC? VAC wants a consent form signed and a fee when I spoke to them via chat. Embassy when I asked exactly what I needed to send mentioned nothing about a consent form or fee. So is VAC essentially a middle man? This is for my step children’s passport request.

SBW

Star Member
Oct 6, 2021
I want to apply for a tourist visa from Jamaica. I am 21 years old, I have a valid 10 years U.S visa in which I have visited to the states twice since getting it. I want to visit Canada, and my mother’s friend wrote me a letter & itinerary inviting me for a week. I am wondering what’s my chances of getting approved? I am also fully vaccinated.
1. How much money is good to show for the week (although flight, food and stay is on my mother’s friend)
2. I have a car in my name, a business as my ties to home (is that sufficient enough)
3. I have no dependents
4. I live at home, so I have no bills in my name.
5. Only travel history is the 2 times to the states.

SimieR

Jun 16, 2021
O
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
Doc's Request.
05-Aug-2020
AOR Received.
05-Feb-2021
File Transfer...
05-Feb-2021
Med's Request
05-Feb-2021
Med's Done....
10-Feb-2021
Passport Req..
13-Oct-2021
VISA ISSUED...
Received virtual landing email Dec1, now awaiting portal login credential
I want to apply for a tourist visa from Jamaica. I am 21 years old, I have a valid 10 years U.S visa in which I have visited to the states twice since getting it. I want to visit Canada, and my mother’s friend wrote me a letter & itinerary inviting me for a week. I am wondering what’s my chances of getting approved? I am also fully vaccinated.
1. How much money is good to show for the week (although flight, food and stay is on my mother’s friend)
2. I have a car in my name, a business as my ties to home (is that sufficient enough)
3. I have no dependents
4. I live at home, so I have no bills in my name.
5. Only travel history is the 2 times to the states.
Hi, you should be ok to get a visitor Visa seeing that you have an invitation letter from a family friend (I.e your mom's friend. When I first visited Canada I showed in my bank account about $2,000.00 CAD, and it was for a week's visit also, so I believe even showing available funds of $1,000.00 CAD should be ok. Assets declaration is not required really for visiting, the main criteria is having somewhere to stay. So I believe you should be ok to get a visitor visa all being equal. So good luck to you.

SBW

Star Member
Oct 6, 2021
Hi, you should be ok to get a visitor Visa seeing that you have an invitation letter from a family friend (I.e your mom's friend. When I first visited Canada I showed in my bank account about $2,000.00 CAD, and it was for a week's visit also, so I believe even showing available funds of $1,000.00 CAD should be ok. Assets declaration is not required really for visiting, the main criteria is having somewhere to stay. So I believe you should be ok to get a visitor visa all being equal. So good luck to you.
Thank you for your response!

Figo4019

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
21-09-2020
AOR Received.
14-04-2021
File Transfer...
07-10-2021
Med's Request
07-10-2021
Med's Done....
28-10-2021
Passport Req..
28-04-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2022
LANDED..........
15-08-2022
Hi everyone I'm new to this and not familiar with all the abbreviations used. My application date is September 21, 2020. So far I've received confirmation of me being approved as a sponsor. The last we heard was from them was May 2021 after my husband did his medical. His baby mother would not allow his son to do the medical and as a result my husband had to sign a letter that was sent to him to confirm that his son will not be accompanying. Since then we haven't heard anything. I spoke with my local MP last week and hoping to hear something back not sure what else to do at this point.
Hi Newbie.
We have the same application date of Sept 21 2020. I had the medicals passed Oct 28 so now its a waiting game. With the holidays right around the corner we might not hear from them until the new year. To calm my nerves i tell myself that we are half way there and it will all come to an end by summer.

Reactions: Sep212020