+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

Mari1985

Aug 23, 2021
Can anyone tell me if DHL require a signature when delivering ur passport back to u? Do they ask to see any type of identification?

ludabrown

Apr 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
File Transfer...
06-07-2017
Med's Request
30-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
Interview........
06-03-2018
Passport Req..
06-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2018
Can anyone tell me if DHL require a signature when delivering ur passport back to u? Do they ask to see any type of identification?
In my case they called 1st. not one was home so we told them to leave it with the neighbor. when I tracked online there was no signature just the name of the person that received it.

Sep212020

Oct 25, 2021
Hi everyone I'm new to this and not familiar with all the abbreviations used. My application date is September 21, 2020. So far I've received confirmation of me being approved as a sponsor. The last we heard was from them was May 2021 after my husband did his medical. His baby mother would not allow his son to do the medical and as a result my husband had to sign a letter that was sent to him to confirm that his son will not be accompanying. Since then we haven't heard anything. I spoke with my local MP last week and hoping to hear something back not sure what else to do at this point.

Kaya18

Nov 4, 2021
Hi! A new oldie here. Was part of the original thread for Kingston back in 2016/17 when I sponsored my husband. I just wanted to jump in to share a bit of a success story as I couldn't find much advice/similar situations for us sponsoring my step-daughter.

She was included as a non-accompanying dependent on my husbands application. In 2019, my husband applied for a visitor visa for her and it was granted. She came to visit us that summer, the intention was for her to stay 2-months. Her mother had other ideas, and basically said for us to keep her so she could travel to the US on a work visa. We decided to file for her PR, and had it submitted in October of 2019. Thankfully the school district we are in are quite lenient, so we were able to get her into school without them considering her an international student. The application was processed quite fast. But then when we got the DNA request, it was right when COVID hit hard, so we had to postpone and get an extension to submit the results. In November 2020 we got the results back, and the devastating news that my husband is not her biological father. We immediately consulted with a lawyer, who suggested we contact KVO ASAP with time to compile evidence and request our family sponsorship app be switched to a humanitarian + compassionate app. They never responded. We gather letters from everyone we knew, pictures, financial details showing how much money my husband has paid since day-1 and how little the mother has provided even since moving to America. We submitted everything in February of 2021 and still heard nothing. Then in August 2021 we finally received a direct email from KVO that the application was approved and sent to our local office for finalization. Just yesterday we FINALLY got instructed to upload a picture to the PR Portal. Just wanted to share, as sadly I know this is more common than not in Jamaica where men are just "jackets". I think our situation was a bit different in that she literally had nobody to go back to in Jamaica, but I think this is a huge win knowing how strict IRCC is when it comes to paternity and DNA - especially for applicants from Jamaica.

SimieR

Jun 16, 2021
O
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
Doc's Request.
05-Aug-2020
AOR Received.
05-Feb-2021
File Transfer...
05-Feb-2021
Med's Request
05-Feb-2021
Med's Done....
10-Feb-2021
Passport Req..
13-Oct-2021
VISA ISSUED...
Received virtual landing email Dec1, now awaiting portal login credential
It’s really quiet in here, any updates for anyone?
Yep, very quiet. Received decision made and passport request on October 13, 2021. I am in Canada and had to chose the virtual landing confirmation option, instead of submitting my passport. Am here just waiting on email with portal sign in to confirm, August 2020 applicant...waiting...waiting...waiting...trying to stay calm and collective ...oh boy ...sigh :-(