+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

Canadian Sensation

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
We are at 16 month mark and have had decision made since March 16/20 and still don’t hear anything past the pre-arrival letter on March 17/20. Still nothing back this week from local MP looking into it either and that has been 2&1/2 weeks now. They say contact them on Sept 11th if we still don’t hear anything and they will contact IRCC again. The months just slip by...

Canadian Sensation

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
Maybe Christmas
I’m guessing Christmas at the earliest as well. Since police certificate and medicals are both more then a year old now. Probably it will be nearly 2 years before my husband is here even though we already have decision made and we’re only waiting on passport request from March

Canadian Sensation

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
Local MP’s office just contacted me at work today to ask a few questions about my husbands application that they have been looking into for about 3 weeks now. She says they have still haven’t heard anything back yet from IRCC but she will call me again as soon as they get an answer. Fingers crossed this finally goes somewhere...

Reactions: jodyj21

KingBacktopu

Sep 1, 2020
Hello, Good day to you all, Ive been watching this forum for a while but never posted. My husband called and got some info and apparently they are not working on Family Sponsorship until October. They are dealing with study permits and other types of applications that are more urgent and with the rise in Covid cases they have even fewer persons working on applications. So we can cross September off the list.

jodyj21

Apr 13, 2018
Hello, Good day to you all, Ive been watching this forum for a while but never posted. My husband called and got some info and apparently they are not working on Family Sponsorship until October. They are dealing with study permits and other types of applications that are more urgent and with the rise in Covid cases they have even fewer persons working on applications. So we can cross September off the list.
That makes a lot of sense, because it seems like there are quite a few of us just waiting for Passports and COPR to be returned for a few weeks now. My MP followed up again a little over a week ago received a runaround from the agent he spoke with who wouldn't offer any update or expected timeline. This is really beyond frustrating. My Husband also heard that there is talk of closing the borders again following the election on Sept 3/20 because of the recent spike in reported Covid cases, and I have read online that travel companies in the UK have been cancelling trips to JA for anyone booked to travel before the end of September.

Lola876

Jul 24, 2020
Your called the embassy in Jamaica? What is the number? I’m waiting for my passport since July. They can’t keep your passport so long.

Shickaa

Apr 3, 2020
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
16-01-2020
AOR Received.
31-01-2020
Med's Request
27-02-2020
Med's Done....
16-03-2020
Your called the embassy in Jamaica? What is the number? I’m waiting for my passport since July. They can’t keep your passport so long.
+1.876.926.1500

TamaraTZ

Jan 22, 2020
hey everyone, don't know if anyone here can answer this question but i'm going to ask anyways...when your documents are sent to your Local Visa Office (in my case KVO) is that an indication that BGC is completed, or will it start at this point?

Mossar

Star Member
Jan 15, 2020
App. Filed.......
13-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-11-2019
Med's Request
11-10-2019
Med's Done....
14-10-2019
What is your timeline?