+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

Allimacreywd

May 1, 2019
Well you see, theres my frustration. I had my app submitted 2 days before you. Biometrics and medical both done in march. And not a word since.

If i hear the words "soon" or "faith" i think ill fling myself off a cliff.

I know i seem negative, at this point i just have to laugh at the ridiculousness of this whole process. I have no faith in it at all. I miss my husband greatly. Had i not been given so much misinformation, i would have gone to see him, including misinformation by KVO themselves.
Im frustrated and angry and this takes up way more space in my day than i want it to.

well there is your problem....i promise you the minute you stop obsessing over the process you will hear something. nothing happens before its time and im sure this is not what you want to hear ( because i didn't want to hear that either LOL) but all in God's perfect timing. i feel like a hypocrite because just two weeks ago i was complaining too and im not saying don't complain at all i am saying its coming. i think a large portion of the frustration is the officer. each officer does things differently. its unfortunate but that just how it is unfortunately. but its coming, trust the process! im rooting for you!

Last edited:
Reactions: Marcy1 and Smyers

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
well there is your problem....i promise you the minute you stop obsessing over the process you will hear something. nothing happens before its time and im sure this is not what you want to hear ( because i didn't want to hear that either LOL) but all in God's perfect timing. i feel like a hypocrite because just two weeks ago i was complaining too and im not saying don't complain at all i am saying its coming. i think a large portion of the frustration is the officer. each officer does things differently. its unfortunate but that just how it is unfortunately. but its coming, trust the process! im rooting for you!
I get it, and whenever it does happen, i will be so relieved and feel way better. My problem is not my negativity although. There is no officer marking my attitude and waiting to approve based on my neg/pos attitude or waiting to see if i stop checking ecas 2x a week. Ive never had a thought of IF it will come, i know it will, its WHEN. Im not being a smart ass, i know you mean well. Im frustrated over the timing it has taken compared to others, and not getting answers. I am allowed to be frustrated. Knowing other people the same date as myself got through months ago and people after me are as well drives me crazy. Maybe i i miss my husband like crazy and dont find this process fair. Im allowed to. And on the days im not so frustrated, and a bit more patient, i offer what help i can to others in the same position. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day, who knows?

Reactions: Marcy1

Marcy1

Oct 28, 2018
I get it, and whenever it does happen, i will be so relieved and feel way better. My problem is not my negativity although. There is no officer marking my attitude and waiting to approve based on my neg/pos attitude or waiting to see if i stop checking ecas 2x a week. Ive never had a thought of IF it will come, i know it will, its WHEN. Im not being a smart ass, i know you mean well. Im frustrated over the timing it has taken compared to others, and not getting answers. I am allowed to be frustrated. Knowing other people the same date as myself got through months ago and people after me are as well drives me crazy. Maybe i i miss my husband like crazy and dont find this process fair. Im allowed to. And on the days im not so frustrated, and a bit more patient, i offer what help i can to others in the same position. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day, who knows?
I get it for me its just missing my husband, it can take a role on a marriage good thing my marriage is strong. I pray to the almighty God we will all get through sooner rather than later .

rach_yyz

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
Hello All,

I’ve been silently apart of this forum for a couple of months and I can honestly say this has been the hardest process I have ever done. However I promise there is light at the end of the tunnel.

KVO may seem like they aren’t doing anything but they are working they are just not updating online, see below my timeline:

Application received:

Jan 19th 2019 ( my sister is a paralegal so she did do the entire process for me)

Sponsor approved March 6th

Medical request March 12th

Biometrics June 6th

New photo request July 31st

Interview Request: sept 5th

Interview Date Sept 12 ( they asked my husband 3 basic questions; are we still married? Has he had any children since we got married? Has we committed any crime since we got married) and he got his visa on the spot.

**PS throughout all of this process there was no update online, in fact when I JUST checked online the last update was in March where they requested medical. Nothing was updated since that**

I know its hard but just keep holding on. The end is coming I promise!
Thank you for sharing!! This gives me hope that they are indeed working away on our files. Hopefully will see more and more updates in the coming weeks for early 2019 applicants. Are there any others out there that have been silently observing this forum and have gotten interviews lately? If so please come out and share, I know for me I'm thrilled to see the progress of others as it means one step closer!

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
I just realized, my hubbys police clearance will be expiring soon. Some posts say get a new one, some say it wont matter, itll be fine. Anyone know the correct answer?

Marcy1

Oct 28, 2018
I just realized, my hubbys police clearance will be expiring soon. Some posts say get a new one, some say it wont matter, itll be fine. Anyone know the correct answer?
My hubby police check went by last month and they haven't asked for another one. I was told they check that part already.

dance2noize009

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
Remember we were having this conversation about 2 months ago whether they would ask us for another one. Well guess what they did ask me for another one towards the end of July!! But maybe it's because we forgot to sign it the first time!!!

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
Remember we were having this conversation about 2 months ago whether they would ask us for another one. Well guess what they did ask me for another one towards the end of July!! But maybe it's because we forgot to sign it the first time!!!

Dang! That sucks. Maybe we should be proactive and get one?

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
I just wanted to say thanks for this. I did some thinking after this, and seeing a post on fb that really spoke to me. My hubby and i chatted last night, and we thought instead of being so down and negative about this, we will pray every morning with thanks that we were even able to do an application. We also decided every day that goes by without news is still one day closer to being together. Thank you.

Marcy1

Oct 28, 2018
I just wanted to say thanks for this. I did some thinking after this, and seeing a post on fb that really spoke to me. My hubby and i chatted last night, and we thought instead of being so down and negative about this, we will pray every morning with thanks that we were even able to do an application. We also decided every day that goes by without news is still one day closer to being together. Thank you.
Good idea prayer is the key.

destinyjam2can

Apr 2, 2017
Good Morning Everyone, seems like frustration has taken its course. Each day that goes by is a test to your marriage and patience. Things will happen in the Lord's timing. Trying focusing on other things I know it's hard but there is nothing that can be done but wait it out. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and this journey and path each of you is on will be something that will be of the past. Of course you guys will look back and reminisce. The future ahead is bright and worth the wait. I know of someone who has been in this process 16-17 months now with no news. It took my application 22 months to get through. May the Lord be with you all.

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
Good Morning Everyone, seems like frustration has taken its course. Each day that goes by is a test to your marriage and patience. Things will happen in the Lord's timing. Trying focusing on other things I know it's hard but there is nothing that can be done but wait it out. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and this journey and path each of you is on will be something that will be of the past. Of course you guys will look back and reminisce. The future ahead is bright and worth the wait. I know of someone who has been in this process 16-17 months now with no news. It took my application 22 months to get through. May the Lord be with you all.

Wow thats a long time. Was there a specific reason?