+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

StayAway

Mar 1, 2019
This process is soo draining. I honestly can't believe KVO had my file since March 2019 and they haven't done anything as yet. Its almost 6 months. like come on. THIS IS RIDICULOUS

Reactions: Smyers

Marcy1

Oct 28, 2018
I know, they have had mines since April I dont get it. I hope we do hear something by the end of this month

StayAway

Mar 1, 2019
I feel this exact same way EVERY DAY. Its getting on my very last nerve.
I've just had enough and I need answers now. Based on how quickly things were transferred to KVO I was hoping we would have known what's going on already with an interview date. I made plans hoping my hubby would be here for Thanksgiving

Marcy1

Oct 28, 2018
I've just had enough and I need answers now. Based on how quickly things were transferred to KVO I was hoping we would have known what's going on already with an interview date. I made plans hoping my hubby would be here for Thanksgiving
Me too I was hoping that my husband would be here for Thanksgiving.

StayAway

Mar 1, 2019
Left to be seen how quickly interviews are done and they process the visas... I am still hopeful. The process for Jamaican's are very unfair though

StayAway

Mar 1, 2019
What do you mean
Which part of my statement?

Process is unfair?? - When i look at the monthly threads, ppl are getting DM's at the 3 month mark and its all based on where they are from. They can't be going through the same process that others are going through.

And I am hopeful that they will start calling ppl for interviews soon

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
Me too. When the person who was the same date as me got through in june, i was so hopeful my husband would be here a long time ago, but nope. Not even a word. I understand there are school visas and farm work program visas, but the ministry actually handles those, AND even the short term guys are already here. The longer term guys come anywhere from january to may.
Someone told me yesterday that its not jamaican emoloyees at the kvo making the decisions, its canadians at the in kvo that make the final decisions idk, but either way, 6 months of sitting with NO answer, and nothing being done on our file is more than frustrating. Ive also heard that me being married before will hold things up, and with my late husband being murdered, they will investigate into that more, oh ive heard it all. Just get our shit done, now.
I did finally get a response to a webform, that took 10 days to respond to (the quickest response so far). This time the response was from Ircc instead of KVO like the last few responses. It said they would do their best to finish as soon as possible blah blah blah, im sure its just a generic response. Im reallllly frustrated with this stuff today. Ive gotten so much misinformation lately i almost want to just give up at this point and go live there.

dance2noize009

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
All of us who have had our files processed / transferred early this year are being treated very poorly.

But what can you do, you just have to wait LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Allimacreywd

May 1, 2019
Hello All,

I’ve been silently apart of this forum for a couple of months and I can honestly say this has been the hardest process I have ever done. However I promise there is light at the end of the tunnel.

KVO may seem like they aren’t doing anything but they are working they are just not updating online, see below my timeline:

Application received:

Jan 19th 2019 ( my sister is a paralegal so she did do the entire process for me)

Sponsor approved March 6th

Medical request March 12th

Biometrics June 6th

New photo request July 31st

Interview Request: sept 5th

Interview Date Sept 12 ( they asked my husband 3 basic questions; are we still married? Has he had any children since we got married? Has we committed any crime since we got married) and he got his visa on the spot.

**PS throughout all of this process there was no update online, in fact when I JUST checked online the last update was in March where they requested medical. Nothing was updated since that**

I know its hard but just keep holding on. The end is coming I promise!

Last edited:

Smyers

Jul 30, 2019
Hello All,

I’ve been silently apart of this forum for a couple of months and I can honestly say this has been the hardest process I have ever done. However I promise there is light at the end of the tunnel.

KVO may seem like they aren’t doing anything but they are working they are just not updating online, see below my timeline:

Application received:

Jan 19th 2019 ( my sister is a paralegal so she did do the entire process for me)

Sponsor approved March 6th

Medical request March 12th

Biometrics June 6th

New photo request July 31st

Interview Request: sept 5th

Interview Date Sept 12 ( they asked my husband 3 basic questions; are we still married? Has he had any children since we got married? Has we committed any crime since we got married) and he got his visa on the spot.

**PS throughout all of this process there was no update online, in fact when I JUST checked online the last update was in Marc where they requested medical. Nothing was updated since that**

I know its hard but just keep holing on. The end so coming I promise!
Its hard not seeing any update thoo. I’ve just been praying to kee my self sane. Sometimes my husband gets frustrated but I just have to try to console him and be as encouraging as possible. Thanks for letting us know thoo

Reactions: Sarahannclarke5

Allimacreywd

May 1, 2019
Its hard not seeing any update thoo. I’ve just been praying to kee my self sane. Sometimes my husband gets frustrated but I just have to try to console him and be as encouraging as possible. Thanks for letting us know thoo

Trust me its hard! but its coming! just keep the faith

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
Well you see, theres my frustration. I had my app submitted 2 days before you. Biometrics and medical both done in march. And not a word since.

If i hear the words "soon" or "faith" i think ill fling myself off a cliff.

I know i seem negative, at this point i just have to laugh at the ridiculousness of this whole process. I have no faith in it at all. I miss my husband greatly. Had i not been given so much misinformation, i would have gone to see him, including misinformation by KVO themselves.
Im frustrated and angry and this takes up way more space in my day than i want it to.