+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

weallwegot

Feb 8, 2017
Normally if they ask for the passport before issuing an interview date we assume the interview is waived however if they tell you that an interview is required and give you a date and also ask that you submit the passport and other documentation before the interview date, that's a bit suspicious and I have not seen such a case like that. Be mindful though that KVO is unpredictable so you never know. I guess they need the additional documents before the interview to do background checks. Im almost sure you have NOTHING to worry about. Im thinking they just gave you an interview date as a means of formality and more than likely will have the visa printed in the passport by the date of your interview so you will just go there to pick it up.
I am praying that is the case. That would be our blessing.

weallwegot

Feb 8, 2017
I don't think it's a concern. I see this is as a positive request. If I was reviewing someone's file I would never ask for passport upfront if I had doubts. In my husband's case they asked him to bring birth certificate and marriage certificate to interview. I started thinking negative. In the interview the agent said they requested it to confirm the #'s and note them properly in the file. Think positive.
Thank you. I will defiantly do that.

destinyjam2can

Apr 2, 2017
Good Morning our interview is Feb 2, but the required information must be submitted and in the office by Jan 22. So I am hopefully that they will issue the visa on the spot. Just in time for Valentines day.
Good Morning, I think the officer just wants everything in order when you arrive and the visa is ready in the passport. I wouldn't worry though your approved. Visa will be issued same day and your spouse will be home for Valentine's.
P.S. They did not ask for on going relationship proof. The office stronger believes the marriage is real.

Belle Ginou

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
March 17 2017
AOR Received.
March 28 2017
File Transfer...
June 6 2017
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
June 3 2016 Passed and Extended
Interview........
November 2 2017
Passport Req..
November 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Good morning forum ladies and gents!

I have a quick question regarding workplace insurance. Are you able to add spouse and accompanying children even when they are still in Jamaica or wait till they arrive?

Judsz72

Nov 25, 2017
Good Morning our interview is Feb 8, but the required information must be submitted and in the office by Jan 22. So I am hopefully that they will issue the visa on the spot. Just in time for Valentines day.
Hi there, I've been following this thread for a few months now. It really helped me out at times to go through this process..I applied for my husband in May..his interview is on February 7th..we got the notification last Tuesday..on the letter they also stated that the documents must be received by January 22, 2018...original birth and marriage certificates along with his passport..but the letter also states that he should bring them to the interview which is conflicting. So I emailed kingston and got a reply same time..they told me that my husband should bring them to the interview not drop them off by the date as specified in the letter.. so I dont know why they would put that in the letter...maybe you should email them to confirm..

Reactions: Mrs grant

destinedlove

Star Member
Sep 19, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
April, 28, 2017
Doc's Request.
June 02, 2017
AOR Received.
May 26, 2017
File Transfer...
July 11, 2017
Med's Request
June 05, 2017
Med's Done....
June 08,2017; Passed June 23, 2017
Interview........
Nov 21, 2017
Passport Req..
Dec 4, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2017
LANDED..........
Soon
Good morning forum ladies and gents!

I have a quick question regarding workplace insurance. Are you able to add spouse and accompanying children even when they are still in Jamaica or wait till they arrive?
Hello, I added my husband to my work insurance which also helped me with proof of genuine relationship. I also have him as my beneficiary.

Belle Ginou

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
March 17 2017
AOR Received.
March 28 2017
File Transfer...
June 6 2017
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
June 3 2016 Passed and Extended
Interview........
November 2 2017
Passport Req..
November 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Thank you destinedlove! I much appreciate the response. Will do it.

Reactions: destinedlove

leaannbowes

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017
I tried to add my husband, but was told by SunLife that they have to be in the country to have it work. So I'm not sure why that is though! I will try again closer to the interview date.

Goldy5

Nov 16, 2017
Hi there, I've been following this thread for a few months now. It really helped me out at times to go through this process..I applied for my husband in May..his interview is on February 7th..we got the notification last Tuesday..on the letter they also stated that the documents must be received by January 22, 2018...original birth and marriage certificates along with his passport..but the letter also states that he should bring them to the interview which is conflicting. So I emailed kingston and got a reply same time..they told me that my husband should bring them to the interview not drop them off by the date as specified in the letter.. so I dont know why they would put that in the letter...maybe you should email them to confirm..

Goldy5

Nov 16, 2017
You should check your gckey account maybe they want you to upload the documents by Jan 22 2018. In your account click check messages and then go to the bottom of the page and click view submitted applications and you will see if they need the documents uploaded and the due date. And then the original documents should be brought to the interview

Wallie_bee

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
May 17
AOR Received.
May 18
File Transfer...
July 5
Med's Request
June 28
Med's Done....
July 6
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
Hi guys I got some good news today....I will be going up for Christmas. ...they call me and said that they will be approving everything so I will be getting back my passport by the end of the week.. am so excited. ..

weallwegot

Feb 8, 2017
You should check your gckey account maybe they want you to upload the documents by Jan 22 2018. In your account click check messages and then go to the bottom of the page and click view submitted applications and you will see if they need the documents uploaded and the due date. And then the original documents should be brought to the interview
Thank you so much for your message. All now my account is not linked everything has been done thus far by mail. I had and still have so much difficulty linking our file. I have resorted to mailing. The letter is quite confusing, but I have emailed them waiting on a response currently as to whether he needs to send it in or mail it in.

Mrs grant

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
04/05/2017
Hi guys I got some good news today....I will be going up for Christmas. ...they call me and said that they will be approving everything so I will be getting back my passport by the end of the week.. am so excited. ..

that is some great news wallie_bee hope some more calls are made to make the Christmas season merry.