+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

mel2017

Jun 29, 2017
HI Guys,

New person here! I have been following this thread for MONTHS... I am happy that progress in moving along after the Back to School break @ KVO. I have finally gathered all documents and ready to submit! Hoping to have my application submitted by End of October.

Quick Question, I had a colleague who also did this application using the old form and that took them 7 month from the day she mailed it to his passport Req. I too am hoping for a very quick process, as We are currently expecting our second child who is due in Feb. ANY tips on how to make this application process as smooth as possible?

Little About Us:- He's under 35 Im under 30, been together since 2012 , married since 2016, we have two children one who is 4 the other on the way, he has a visiting visa so hell be present for the birth.
Hi Chanban, firstly, congratulation on your second child :)..... I cannot emphasize more, make sure you sign all the documents where applicable and make sure your husband does the same. Gather all those supporting docs: pics, bills(with both names on it), hotel stay receipt/invoice (with both names on it); whatsapp messages, emails, western union transactions etc etc etc. All that you can find. Also, write a great story!! That section that they asked about how you met, write a good story, explain all and even tell of future plans if you want to. Make sure you double check all documents to make sure you answered everything. Make sure you both work on it together because if he is interviewed, he will already be informed as he was integral in the process. If you cross all those t's and dot those I's you will be ok. Have a great weekend!

Smithd

Star Member
Aug 15, 2016
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
16-08-2016
AOR Received.
09-09-2016
File Transfer...
15-09-2016
Med's Request
upfront/PC upfront
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
Interview........
02-02-2017
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
should be here already
Just wondering if your husband was interviewed? Why passport request? And it took a year. I am going through appeal and wondered if that’s how long it takes to request passport for this?
My husband had his interview back in February. We had a hold up because of the children. It was exactly one year from the date we sent the application to the day he arrived in Canada. I am not sure about the appeal process.

Reactions: Jamaicanwife

Wallie_bee

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
May 17
AOR Received.
May 18
File Transfer...
July 5
Med's Request
June 28
Med's Done....
July 6
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
Good morning to everyone ...hope all is well

Reactions: mel2017

Wallie_bee

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
May 17
AOR Received.
May 18
File Transfer...
July 5
Med's Request
June 28
Med's Done....
July 6
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
Reactions: mel2017

SammyD

Star Member
May 18, 2017
Me too....happy and nervous for my husband! Any great tips for practicing the questions over the phone?

mel2017

Jun 29, 2017
Me too....happy and nervous for my husband! Any great tips for practicing the questions over the phone?
If you find out let me know as im struggling to do this too. They say they want proof of continued relationship so its pics, moneygram receipts etc. It seems like so much work and im so over this process buuuutt its best to go prepared as you might never know. What you can do is go through all the possible question they could ask. Here are some possible questions in this thread : http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/interview-questions.66270/#post-649461

SammyD

Star Member
May 18, 2017
I gave him 100 questions i got from that link in June tp practice....but this whole process is new to him...so i have to be pushing him to practice and apply himself and be expressive...no "one drop" answers. So it's a struggle. I'm praying hard!

Wallie_bee

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
May 17
AOR Received.
May 18
File Transfer...
July 5
Med's Request
June 28
Med's Done....
July 6
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
I gave him 100 questions i got from that link in June tp practice....but this whole process is new to him...so i have to be pushing him to practice and apply himself and be expressive...no "one drop" answers. So it's a struggle. I'm praying hard!
Things will be okay just have faith in him...tell him to be calm, stay focused and confident when going inside ..he will get through

Belle Ginou

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
March 17 2017
AOR Received.
March 28 2017
File Transfer...
June 6 2017
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
June 3 2016 Passed and Extended
Interview........
November 2 2017
Passport Req..
November 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon

We make it as a fun activity every night to test his knowledge. Even though we dont have interview yet. Dates and anything on his in laws are a little challenge. He says he is the guy that will learn the day before and pass the test. When I am the type that would study a month before lol.

Reactions: JamaicanSnowflake

Wallie_bee

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
May 17
AOR Received.
May 18