+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

mel2017

Jun 29, 2017
Our background check changed to in progress the same day we got our interview invite. Yesterday it changed to passed right after his successful interview!!!!! :p:D Hubby is coming home with me!!! I pray for all of you with interviews in next coming weeks, and hope all those still waiting here soon, soon. Keep the faith, the pain, stress, anxiety, sadness all drops away and is immediately forgotten as soon as they tell you the magic words that they're approving the application!!

❤❤❤ We arrived early. Interview was 1pm. Security let us in at 12:30. Hubby was called in at 1:30. His interview about 15-20min. Then they had him call me in, and she spoke to me for about 10 minutes. Then called the two of us together to say she was approving him. We then waited about an hour for the paperwork. She was an older woman, in her 50 or 60's. Kind, but still professional and firm.

Hubby's questions:
Whats your story? You came to Canada to work and then what? (Regarding his overstay/exclusion order)
When did you meet your spouse?
What kind of things did you and your spouse do together upon meeting?
When did you get married?
Who was at the wedding?
Did you have a honeymoon?
Does your spouses father work? Where?
Where does your spouses mother work?
Does your spouse have any siblings?
What do you plan to do when you reach Canada?
Where does your wife work?
Do you have any children?
Has your spouse met your daughter?

My questions:
Did you know about your husbands history? (Overstay)
When did we meet?
Where did we meet?
What do I like you?
Did we lived together in Canada?
Where is your family located?
Where do your parents work?
Do I have any siblings?
Are they in Canada?
Have I met my spouses "step-daughter" (trick question! I corrected her, that I have met my spouses daughter)
Is your husband currently employed?
What are our future plans?
Do you plan on starting a family?

Advice- be confident, and be truthful. Practice questions inside and out. Even though we didn't know what ones would be asked, all of them were questions we practiced. Don't wait on replying or overthink your answers. Elaborate!!! Don't give one worded responses. Know your application inside and out. Express how you feel for your spouse sincerely, the interviewer looks deep in your eyes when listening to gage for genuineness. Know your red flags! We knew going in that his overstay was our biggest red flag, and sure enough that was the first question asked to both of us and we both were prepared for that.
Woohoo!!! Congratulations!! Im so happy for you.

Reactions: Jamaicanwife

Wallie_bee

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
May 17
AOR Received.
May 18
File Transfer...
July 5
Med's Request
June 28
Med's Done....
July 6
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
I sure will. Im hoping you get call today. im believing for you!
Thank you mel2017....hopefully thing will come thru soon

Reactions: mel2017

mel2017

Jun 29, 2017
Anyone here have a denial? Gone through ADR and won? How long does it take for passport request?
I wish I had more information for you but once I was going through the old Kingston, Jamaica thread and someone had said it took them approximately 2 months for the passport request. I guess it depends on KVO work load so the time period is not set in stone as it took another person longer.

Jamaicanwife

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
I wish I had more information for you but once I was going through the old Kingston, Jamaica thread and someone had said it took them approximately 2 months for the passport request. I guess it depends on KVO work load so the time period is not set in stone as it took another person longer.
Oh don’t we know that but that’s reassuring forsure....that’s what my officer in Montreal told me 2-3 months so fingers crossed that’s what it is. Thanks

Reactions: mel2017

Shyrlz

Oct 4, 2017
Quebec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
24-04-2017
Doc's Request.
09-06-2017
AOR Received.
02-05-2017
File Transfer...
03-08-2017
Med's Request
09-06-2017
Med's Done....
14-06-2017
Interview........
30-11-2017
Passport Req..
30-11-2017
Omg Congratulations to everyone! I have literally been following you wonderful people since last week Sunday while doing so I started to miss my husband so much I spontaneously booked a ticket to come visit him Monday morning at literally 2:30am, as I continue to check in with you guys everyday since my arrival I've been so hopefully and as I looked over to my husband and ask him if he's ready for the interview his phone starts to ring it was and unknown number and just by the look in his face I knew it was the call I've been reading about I hear my husband say ok see you November 30 at 1 am. I just had to share my experience from right there. You guys are amazing love you all and thanks

Wallie_bee

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
May 17
AOR Received.
May 18
File Transfer...
July 5
Med's Request
June 28
Med's Done....
July 6
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
Congratulations. .that's wonderful. .what date did you apply for your PR
Omg Congratulations to everyone! I have literally been following you wonderful people since last week Sunday while doing so I started to miss my husband so much I spontaneously booked a ticket to come visit him Monday morning at literally 2:30am, as I continue to check in with you guys everyday since my arrival I've been so hopefully and as I looked over to my husband and ask him if he's ready for the interview his phone starts to ring it was and unknown number and just by the look in his face I knew it was the call I've been reading about I hear my husband say ok see you November 30 at 1 am. I just had to share my experience from right there. You guys are amazing love you all and thanks

Reactions: Shyrlz

mel2017

Jun 29, 2017
that is so great!!! Yay!!! We are all celebrating with you.

Whittick

Star Member
Feb 12, 2017
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2017
Doc's Request.
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
File Transfer...
08-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Praying for tye best
Our background check changed to in progress the same day we got our interview invite. Yesterday it changed to passed right after his successful interview!!!!! :p:D Hubby is coming home with me!!! I pray for all of you with interviews in next coming weeks, and hope all those still waiting here soon, soon. Keep the faith, the pain, stress, anxiety, sadness all drops away and is immediately forgotten as soon as they tell you the magic words that they're approving the application!!

❤❤❤ We arrived early. Interview was 1pm. Security let us in at 12:30. Hubby was called in at 1:30. His interview about 15-20min. Then they had him call me in, and she spoke to me for about 10 minutes. Then called the two of us together to say she was approving him. We then waited about an hour for the paperwork. She was an older woman, in her 50 or 60's. Kind, but still professional and firm.

Hubby's questions:
Whats your story? You came to Canada to work and then what? (Regarding his overstay/exclusion order)
When did you meet your spouse?
What kind of things did you and your spouse do together upon meeting?
When did you get married?
Who was at the wedding?
Did you have a honeymoon?
Does your spouses father work? Where?
Where does your spouses mother work?
Does your spouse have any siblings?
What do you plan to do when you reach Canada?
Where does your wife work?
Do you have any children?
Has your spouse met your daughter?

My questions:
Did you know about your husbands history? (Overstay)
When did we meet?
Where did we meet?
What do I like you?
Did we lived together in Canada?
Where is your family located?
Where do your parents work?
Do I have any siblings?
Are they in Canada?
Have I met my spouses "step-daughter" (trick question! I corrected her, that I have met my spouses daughter)
Is your husband currently employed?
What are our future plans?
Do you plan on starting a family?

Advice- be confident, and be truthful. Practice questions inside and out. Even though we didn't know what ones would be asked, all of them were questions we practiced. Don't wait on replying or overthink your answers. Elaborate!!! Don't give one worded responses. Know your application inside and out. Express how you feel for your spouse sincerely, the interviewer looks deep in your eyes when listening to gage for genuineness. Know your red flags! We knew going in that his overstay was our biggest red flag, and sure enough that was the first question asked to both of us and we both were prepared for that.
Congrats yaay happy for you

Reactions: Alicee and Shyrlz

Shyrlz

Oct 4, 2017
Quebec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
24-04-2017
Doc's Request.
09-06-2017
AOR Received.
02-05-2017
File Transfer...
03-08-2017
Med's Request
09-06-2017
Med's Done....
14-06-2017
Interview........
30-11-2017
Passport Req..
30-11-2017

Shyrlz

Oct 4, 2017
Quebec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
24-04-2017
Doc's Request.
09-06-2017
AOR Received.
02-05-2017
File Transfer...
03-08-2017
Med's Request
09-06-2017
Med's Done....
14-06-2017
Interview........
30-11-2017
Passport Req..
30-11-2017
that is so great!!! Yay!!! We are all celebrating with you.
Thanks it's an amazing feeling knowing that he'all be home with me and the kids for christmas

Jamaicanwife

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
My husband finally got asked for his passport. Been almost one year. I am so happy this process is almost over then we can apply for the kids.
Just wondering if your husband was interviewed? Why passport request? And it took a year. I am going through appeal and wondered if that’s how long it takes to request passport for this?

Shyrlz

Oct 4, 2017
Quebec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
24-04-2017
Doc's Request.
09-06-2017
AOR Received.
02-05-2017
File Transfer...
03-08-2017
Med's Request
09-06-2017
Med's Done....
14-06-2017
Interview........
30-11-2017
Passport Req..
30-11-2017
Hey! I applied the 24th of April, processing started the 8th of august so it seems like you should be getting a call very soon.
did you apply april 24th? or process starting was april 24th?
i applied april 28th and process starting july. you think i may get my interview date soon?

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
Holy, thats a lot of questions, did they specifically ask you to be there?
No, I just think that if it is at all possible, it's a really, really good idea to attend. Other than our wedding, this was one of the most monumental events to happen in our relationship. I not only thought it was necessary to be there to support him through it, but that me being there to hold his hand would strengthen the proof of us being genuine in the eyes of CIC. I knew there was a strong possibility that I'd be called in, and I also know of someone who had attended the interview the day before us with her husband, and she was also called in and asked questions before he received his visa too.

chanban

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
HI Guys,

New person here! I have been following this thread for MONTHS... I am happy that progress in moving along after the Back to School break @ KVO. I have finally gathered all documents and ready to submit! Hoping to have my application submitted by End of October.

Quick Question, I had a colleague who also did this application using the old form and that took them 7 month from the day she mailed it to his passport Req. I too am hoping for a very quick process, as We are currently expecting our second child who is due in Feb. ANY tips on how to make this application process as smooth as possible?

Little About Us:- He's under 35 Im under 30, been together since 2012 , married since 2016, we have two children one who is 4 the other on the way, he has a visiting visa so hell be present for the birth.